Chapter 20: In the Mind

Noah paced back and forth on the sidewalk. His usual venomous smile painted on his face.

"I thought that you'd just kill yourself by now. Apparently I was wrong." Noah said nonchalantly.

"Well no shit." Damion snapped. Noah stared into Damion's eyes, his cold gaze making him go pale.

"I'm done with holding back. I already gave a memory you've been forcing to not go through your mind. I was hoping that you'd finally realize what this world is, but you're so stubborn that it's annoying." Noah said to Elijah, his smile fading from his face.

"I know what this world is. It's a fake. It's not real. If I wanted I could spawn whatever I want from Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul to a Creeper from Minecraft." Elijah replied, his mind spinning from his realization.

"So you do know. But you've been saying how that memory was just a dream." Noah said, confusion showing through his voice.

"I believed it was. But the fact that there's such things as creatures and everything seems to be unrealistic. Like Damion suddenly forgiving mom after abandoning him. The fact that no one talks about Liam, Dylan, and David anymore. The fact Dylan and David haven't even messed with me. I haven't even seen any of Natsuki's friends since the day I met them. All of it is unrealistic. Which is what gives it away that none of this is real. I don't know if this is a dream or me hallucinating or what. All I do know is that I'm in an endless loop of a false reality, unable to escape." Elijah explained. Natsuki and Damion's mouths open in shock.

"This...this is fake?" Natsuki asked, looking at her hands in fear.

"What the hell?" Damion shakily asked. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Hard to process I know. By the end of this you all will probably fall apart. Well, except for Elijah. I've been slowly training him to deal with the shock. By killing off his dad. Killing off his dear friend who I've taken the body of. Taking his brother away, but giving him back to put a little happiness in his life, but then adding myself to the equation to throw his mind off. Oh it's been fun playing with your emotions. Going from feeling okay to depressed to okay and now you can't feel anything but a small amount of fear from what's been happening." Noah said, a vicious smile appearing on his face.

"I....I......I can't......I can't handle this!" Natsuki screamed. She pulled out a small pocket knife from her jeans then rolling up on of her sweater sleeves. She pressed the knife against her wrist then slid the knife across her vain. Blood shot out from her wrist, as she continued to slit.

"Suki!" Elijah yelled, running to her as she began to fall from the loss of blood.

"Why? Why do this!" Elijah asked Natsuki as she laid on the ground with blood pouring from her wrist. Her breathing weakened, and her body too weak to respond. Tears ran down Elijah's face, guilt and anger rushed through him like he never felt before.

"Don't die on me." Elijah said shakily. His mind spinning from what he had just witnessed.