Chapter 1: Just a Weird Dream

"Aaaaaaah!" the child screamed in his bed.

"Elijah!" a woman's voice echoed across the halls of the small house.

She entered the child Elijah's room to find him sitting up in his bed sweating. He was panting and his hot breath filled the room with heat.

"Again mom. It happened again!" Elijah said panting, running his damp hands through his chestnut brown hair.

"Honey this is the fifth time now." the concerned mom said and sat down on his warm bed.

"Yeah I know....I don't know why it keeps happening!" Elijah said putting his face in the palms of his hands.

"It's okay. They're just nightmares. I'm sure that in a few weeks you'll be nightmare free." the mom said to Elijah rubbing his back.

"Okay." he said with a sigh and put his hands down. He looked at his clock. "5:09" the clock read.

"Well I might as well just get up. School bus will be here in two hours anyway." Elijah said hustling out of his bed.

Elijah slowly brought himself to his feet, and clumsily walked to the bathroom, quickly closing it. He breathed heavily and quickly walked over to the bathroom sink. He put both his sweaty and cold hands on either side of the sink and looked up. His head only a couple inches away from touching the mirror, enough for him to focus on the little details of his face. The 13 year old wasn't bad looking, but not perfect either. He had little freckles that sprinkled his face hear and there and slightly pale skin. His eyes were a mixture between light blue and a faded grey, making the perfect combination. Elijah sighed and leaned forward, resting his hands on his acne littered forehead.

"Why do they have to happen all the time?" he whispered to himself.

He finished getting ready and he headed down the stairs and into the kitchen. His mom had made him a bowl of cereal and she was eating some toast. She was already ready for her work. Elijah sat down and began to eat without saying a word.

"So.....did you finish all your homework?" his mom asked meeting her brownish hazel eyes with Elijah's.

"Yeah." Elijah said tiredly, peeling his gaze away from his mother's eyes and to his food.

"Okay.......have you talked to Jordan in a while?" she asked with an obvious effort to try and make conversation.

"Mom he moved away three months ago and he hasn't called or texted me since then so no." Elijah looked up and said with irritation.

"Look. I know it's been hard ever since your dad died and you've been getting those dreams, but I'm really trying here okay?" She said to Elijah and grabbed his free hand and held it. She gave a faint smile in hopes Elijah would do the same.

"Mom, I'm fine. You don't have to keep bringing stuff up." Elijah said yanking his light hand away from his mom's grasp.

He hated it when his mom brought up his dad. He died three years before from a car accident and whenever anyone mentioned it, he wanted to punch the person in the face. He didn't need a reminder of the loss in his life.

"Alright." his mother said with innocence in her voice. Her long black hair brushed up into a ponytail swung as she looked away from Elijah.

He looked at the time and it said "6:03". He still had an hour before the bus came so he went upstairs to play some PlayStation. He turned it on and began to play a game called Grand Theft Auto V. The online session was almost empty so the lag wasn't too bad and he could play without getting killed by another player every second. Before he knew, he heard his mom calling him to grab his stuff for school. Elijah turned off his game and went downstairs with his bag.