Fight For Love (August Alsina...

By CissyItsMe

Dating someone is not always easy. You have to make some compromises. You have to be strong to keep the one y... More

Fight For Love (A August Alsina's Fan Fiction)
FFL: Chapter One
FFL: Chapter Two
FFL: Chapter Three
FFL: Chapter Four
FFL: Chapter Five
FFL: Chapter Six
FFL: Chapter Seven
FFL: Chapter Eight
FFL: Chapter Nine
FFL: Chapter Ten [Pt.1]
FFL: Chapter Ten [Pt.2]
FFL: Chapter Eleven
FFL: Chapter Twelve
FFL: Chapter Thirteen
FFL: Chapter Fourteen
FFL: Chapter Fifteen
FFL: Chapter Sixteen
FFL: Chapter Seventeen
FFL: Chapter Eighteen
FFL: Chapter Nineteen
FFL: Chapter Twenty
FFL: Chapter Twenty-One
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Two
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Three
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Four
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Five
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Six
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Seven
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Eight
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Nine [Pt.1]
FFL: Chapter Twenty-Nine [Pt.2]
FFL: Chapter Thirty
FFL: Chapter Thirty-One
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Two
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Three
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Four
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Five
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Six
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Seven
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.1]
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.2]
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.3]
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.4]
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.5]
FFL: Chapter Thirty-Nine
FFL: Chapter Forty
FFL: Chapter Forty-One
FFL: Chapter Forty-Two
FFL: Chapter Forty-Three
FFL: Chapter Forty-Four
FFL: Chapter Forty-Five
FFL: Chapter Forty-Six
FFL: Chapter Forty-Seven
FFL: Chapter Forty-Eight
FFL: Chapter Forty-Nine
FFL: Epilogue [Pt.1]
FFL: Epilogue [Pt.2]
FFL: Epilogue [Pt.3]
FFL: THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

FFL: Chapter Fifty

2.1K 86 9
By CissyItsMe

∞<3∞ Author's POV ∞<3∞

[ One Year And Two Months Later ]

Atlanta, September 2nd.

Today was the day. Today, August and Kim were finally going to get married. It was a beautiful day. Even if summertime was done for the students, the weather was still warm. The plants were green, the sun was lighting the city, the sky was blue, the birds were singing and everybody was in a good mood.

Well, except two or three persons.

"Mum, call her again, please ! I can't believe she dares to do this today ! I'm getting married in less than five hours ! My makeup and hair are still not done. My manicure and pedicure neither ! I have nothing ! Where is that wedding planner and all these people at ?! " No, Kim hadn't became one of these bridezillas, but today none of what was planned was going as it should.

Actually, the future bride and her bridesmaids as well as the future groom and his groomsmen were in a little house near the place where the reception was going to unfold, but they weren't in the same side of the house. The future newlyweds couldn't see each other according to the tradition. The men were getting ready peacefully, but there was a big problem on the bride side as you could see. The wedding planner, the makeup artists, the hairdressers and the stylists were still not there. So none of the women was dressed or simply ready to go to the wedding. It was stressing Kim so much, she was slowly starting going crazy. 

Pearl -Kim's mother- stood up from the couch and walked towards her daughter, who was sat at the dressing table staring at herself in the mirror. She wrapped her arms around her little girl, who was a woman now and hugged her tightly to reassure her. She wanted Kim to relax and enjoy her special day, "They are all on their way. There is traffic." 

Kim sighed rolling her eyes, "Really ? There really had to be traffic today ?! Urg ! " 

Pearl chuckled looking at her only child lovely. She was a proud mother, "Baby, don't worry. Everything is going to be alright. Look, it's a beautiful day, we're all here to celebrate you and Aug's love and...the most important, you're getting married to the love of your life." She told her smiling. 

Kim beamed thinking about what her mother just said, "You're right. I need to relax." She agreed nodding her head. 

"And you need some champagne in your system too, darling." Tyara said handing each one a glass. 

Sheila got up and raised her glass. Everybody did the same, "To Kimberly and August ! " She cheered happily.

"To Kimberly and August ! " They repeated and then drank. It was relaxing Kim a bit, but she couldn't help and check out her watch to see how long she had before to go to the Church. And she was wondering how it was going for the men also. 

"Daddy, where mummy ? " 

August was anxious, but was trying to keep calm in front of everybody. He couldn't believe that he was going to get married. Never in his all life, he thought that he was going to be a husband one day. But that's what was happening today. And he was happy about this, but it was something new to him.

He sighed and looked down at his mini me grinning. This little boy was another version of him, everybody was always saying that. They had the same face, the same character, the same smile, baby Aug had just his skin a bit lighter than his father, but they were the same. And he was such a smart kid. August was proud to be his father and to have participate to his conception.

"Mummy is getting ready. Ya'll see her soon."

He nodded his head, "We gonna pawty today ? " He then asked making August laugh.

"Yeah, but before that, mummy and I are getting married." He answered causing baby Aug's curiosity to wake up. 

He frowned a bit, "What is getting married ? " 

"Uh...It's when two persons are reunited themselves by God's grace. It's really special and it's to last forever." 

"Oh ! When I'm get married too ? " 

August chuckled, "Don't worry, ya have time fa that. And plus, ya do it only when ya had found the luhh of your life."

"What is the luhh of your life ? "

His father kissed the top of his head, "I can't really explain that, but ya'll know when ya'll have found it."

"Huh ? "

August shook his head playfully at his son. Sometimes, he didn't sound like he just celebrated his first birthday. Baby Aug started to speak at ten months and started walking two weeks after. August couldn't believe how the time passed by so fast. He still felt like yesterday they were getting out of the hospital to bring the newborn at home.

"Ya'll feel it deep down in your heart."

Kim was fully relieved now. The wedding planner had arrived one hour ago and now she was pampered. She first took a hot shower and after she dried and lotion her body with her vanilla body butter, she put on her sexy undergarments. Then they began to take care of her by starting with her nails to continue with the makeup and hair. Once they were done and it took two hours for their work to be perfect, Kim could finally put her dress on. But before Tyara and Cha reminded her to put the wedding garter for later. 

Kim's hands were shaking as she was trying to dress. She was scared. She suddenly realized that she was going to go to Church to get married. It was a new, excited and frightening step in her woman life. She was ready for that, but no at the same time. She was growing more anxious within the minutes. After a couple of minute without moving none of her muscles, she finally decided to slide in her wedding dress. She needed help to put it well though. Once she was all done, she walked towards the long mirror and stared at herself. She was speechless. 

Her mother and mama Sheila came behind her smiling, "Aww ! Oh Lawd, that's my baby ! " Pearl said getting emotional. She couldn't believe what was before her eyes. Her little girl was getting married today. It just got more real. 

"Kim, ya are gorgeous ! " Sheila complimented her beaming proudly. She was happy to welcome such a great soul to her family. Well, even if she was considering Kim as her daughter since the beginning.

Kim turned around and hugged them, "I love you my mothers." She said trying to not cry. 

"We love you too." They said back in unison. 

"Oh ! Here before I forget to give you this. So, something borrowed, something blue, something new and something old." She handed a little white jewelry box to Kim. She smirked and opened it revealing the four objects. 

"This necklace was your great-grandma's. It's blue, old and borrowed. She gave it to me like one week before your birth, three days before she died, and she told me to offer you that the day of your marriage. And here we are today." She said taking the necklace and pulling it around her daughter's neck. 

"And your dress is new." Sheila added with tears in her eyes. 

"Mama Sheila, please, if you cry, I'm going too." Kim said making them three chuckle. 

"Uh...excuse me, but there is someone who wants to see you. Do I let him come in ? " The wedding planner asked coming towards them.

The three women frowned wondering what it was about, "Who is he ? " 

"A certain Mr.Smith. He's saying that he's your father." She answered all their questions. 

Kim couldn't believe her ears. Her father ? How ? Was he not still in jail ? That's what he told her in his last letter ? That he was still fighting his cancer and they still didn't want to let him go out, even with his health condition. And now the wedding planner was telling her that he was here ? To attend the wedding ? Her wedding.

She shook her head coming back in reality, "Uh...Let him come in." Two minutes later, his father was walking towards her with a single tear running on his cheek.

He took her hands and kissed them, "I...I had to be there for you...at least once in your life. I hope...I hope...Can I stay ? " He asked shyly.

Okay, he hadn't been in her life during her first years. Thirteen years to be exact. And when he entered in her life, well he wasn't always present. Yeah, they hadn't the best relationship. Kim wasn't what you call a daddy's girl, but both worked it out. She forgave him and he was trying to make an effort, even if he was in jail and sick. And plus, she only had one dad. Yeah, he was absent for the most part of her life, but he managed to be there for her big day. He was practically dying, but he did his possible to be by her side the day of her wedding. It meant a lot to her. 

She smiled and hugged him like she was never going to let him go, "Thank you. Of course, you can stay." 

"And I think that you can even walk her down the aisle, instead of me." Pearl said joining them.

Kim turned to her mother, "What ? But...Uh...Are you sure ? " She asked looking at her mother. 

She nodded her head, "Yes." She kissed her cheeks, "We shared a lot of moments, I want this one to be a father/daughter one. I'm sure about this." She answered and hugged her daughter one more time before to leave the room with the others.

It was showtime.

"Auggie, ya're going with maw-maw now. Okay ? " 

The little boy nodded his head biting on his lips, "Otay." 

At the same time, Sheila arrived. She hugged her son, before to pick her grandson up.

"How is she ? " He asked before she could walk in the Church. 

"Patience, Aug. Now, I'm gonna sit down, we're already late." 

He chuckled shaking his head. He couldn't wait to see Kim. It's been three days since the last time they saw each other. He hadn't seen her smile, made eye contact with her, spoken with her, laughed with her, kissed her or hugged her. He was missing her crazily. 

"Mr.Alsina. We're going to start right now." The wedding planner let him know. He nodded his head and adjusted his tie. 

"Leggo."

Kim took a deep breath and looked at her father who was smiling widely. He was content to be able to do this. He knew that he wasn't the best father of the world, so he felt really blessed to walk her down the aisle. It was like a dream coming true. 

"Are you ready ? " He asked his daughter who looked fabulous in her dress. The bridesmaids and groomsmen had already made their entry. 

She smiled weakly, "I hope that I won't...fall." She said chuckling.

He shook his head, "No, no, no. This time...I got you. I love you, Kim." He reassured her and hid her face behind the veil.

They hugged each other, "I love you too, daddy." She said back once they pulled away.

Suddenly, they heard the instrumental of Still In Love by Brian McKnight playing. Then the singer began to sing with his angelic voice. Kim took a last deep breath and wrapped her arm around her father's arm. They placed themselves before the big door that opened slowly. The audience stood up as they started to walk. At the end of the aisle, she could see August. She wanted to run to him, but she couldn't. She couldn't rush everything. 

* ''(...) When the eagles forget how to fly
           When it's twenty below on July
           And when violets turn red
           I'll be still in love with you (...)'' *

August wiped the first tears and then tried to control himself a bit. He didn't want to cry a fountain as they only started. Kim looked like an angel to him. She was his goddess. He felt the luckiest man of the world. He was proud to have such a wonderful woman as his. Yes, he was going to marry this amazing woman who entered in his life fourteen years ago. He made a quick prayer in his head thanking God for the blessing. Yes, he was blessed ! 

* ''(...) All I need is you
          Need you to just hold me, console me
          Over and over..........I love you (...)'' *

She was almost there. And fortunately, she didn't fall. That's what she was the most scared of. She didn't want to ruin her wedding by falling walking down the aisle. 

Even if there were a lot of people around her, only one counted at this moment and it was August. She couldn't help, but getting emotional as she was approaching him more and more. She was grateful to have such an awesome man like him in her life. She felt filled with nothing else, but happiness. Today was their day and nothing nor nobody was going to destroy it. 

When they finally arrived towards August, Pearl joined them and both parents gave their daughter to Aug. Then the pastor cleared his throat and mentioned for everybody to sit down. Kim handed her bouquet to Cha and then intertwined her hands with Aug.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Kimberly Johansson and August Anthony Alsina Jr. in matrimony commented to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this -these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just a cause why they may not be joined together -let them speak now or forever hold their peace." He began and waited for someone to interrupted, but nobody came to protest. 

"Great ! Let's keep going then. Who gives this woman to be wed ? " He asked and Pearl raised her hand.

"Me, sir." She answered smiling. 

The pastor nodded his head, "And who gives this man to be wed ? " 

This time, it's Sheila who raised her hand and she gave the same answer as Pearl. The pastor beamed and turned his attention to August, " The woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for comfort, for support, for love, for understanding, for encouragement, and for protection. You must never take her for granted, and always stand by her for good or ill." 

August nodded his head and looked at Kim squeezing her hands,"Today in the presence of God, family and friends, I pledge to join my life with yours. With God's help I promise to provide, protect, respect and support ya through all that life has to offer. I promise to stand by ya through both good and bad times, in happiness and sorrow, come riches or poverty. Ya are God's beautiful gift to me and I will cherish ya all my life ! "

The pastor turned his his head towards Kim, "The man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to for comfort, support, love, understanding and encouragement. You must never take him for granted and always stand by him for good or ill."

Kim nodded her head, "Today in the presence of God, family and friends, I pledge to join my life with yours. With God's help I promise to submit, respect, support and encourage you through all that life had to offer. I promise to stand by you through both good and bad times, in happiness and sorrow, come riches or poverty. You are God's beautiful gift to me and I will cherish you all my life ! "

The pastor smiled and continued, "In the Bible, Paul wrote beautifully about the power of love in his first book of letters to the Corinthians, Chapter 13." He searched it in his own Bible and then started reading it: 

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if  I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 

He stopped talking for one minute letting the words sink in everybody's mind and then turned to August a second time, "Genesis 2:22 says, ''The Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.'' The woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must always hold her very close to your heart."

"Ya are the one God has specially handpicked to be my beloved wife. I promise to nourish ya mentally and physically. According to God's instructions, I pledge to leave my mother and cleave with ya in every aspect of life. After the Lord, ya will have the first place in my heart, till I breath my last." August said trying his hardest to not cry. 

The pastor then looked at Kim, "In Genesis 2:18, the Lord God said ''It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'' The man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to you for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must be a true helpmate to him at all times, helping him with every burden of life."

"You are the one God has specially handpicked to be my beloved husband. I promise to nourish you mentally and physically. According to God's instructions I pledge to leave my mother and cleave with you in every aspect of life. I will not only stand by you through every situation in life, but will also help you with every burden you face. After the Lord, you will have the first place in my heart, until I breathe my last." Kim said as a single tear fell out of her left eye. 

The pastor smiled, "Now, time for the vows. Kimberly may you start, please." 

Kim nodded her head and Logan handed her the piece of paper with her vows, in case she forgets something. She cleared her throat and stared into August's eyes,

"August, first of all, I love you. You're so unique and amazing, even if you can be annoying too sometimes.." The audience laughed, "..and I can't help, but fall more in love with you each day. You make me feel special and so happy. The first time I saw you, I didn't know what I was signing for, but I had and will never regret to have be courageous enough this day and make the first step once in my life to make a new friend. Even if we were a little rude to each other." Some chuckled, "With you, I never stop learning...about life in general. Believe it or not, but you helped me to find myself and become the woman I am today." Pearl cleared her throat, "You too mom, you helped also." Everybody laughed as Kim shook her head playfully at her mother, "Anyways. Aug, you saw me at my lowest point, but never abandoned me and kept supporting me. You stay by my side through hard and good times. You saved me when I needed it the most. When I was all alone and thought that it was time to give up, you suddenly reappeared into my life and encouraged me to keep going, to keep fighting. I thank you for that. God didn't put you in my life just because he wanted it, but for a specific reason and every day I realized that more and more. We're meant to be." She stopped as tears were falling. 

"Are ya okay ? " Aug asked looking at her. 

She nodded her head, "Yes." She mumbled. She inhaled and exhaled to be able to continue, "When I'm sad, you make me feel better and make me laugh. When I'm crying, you're always there to wipe the tears away..." As she said that, he did it smiling widely. She chuckled happily, "If I need a friend, I know that I can always count on you. By the way, I'm glad to have you as my best friend. When I have a problem or just need someone to listen to me, you're there for me. I...simply couldn't live without you. Even if I really try, I can't and I don't want to anyways. I love you too much. Your eyes, lips, jaw line, body, tattoos, voice, personality...Uh...You're perfect ! And now, I'm going to be your wife and I can't wait to see what are God's plans for us in the future. I luhh ya." She finished mimicking his accent. 

"And me too ? " Baby Aug asked pointing to himself. 

Everybody laughed, "Of course, I love you too my baby." Kim answered joining the audience in their laughter. 

The pastor chuckled, "It was beautiful. August." 

Travis handed him his piece of paper, "Thanks. Uh...Kim, my love, my heart, my soul, my life, my everything, ya are wonderfully and exceptionally amazing." People awed tearing up, "I promise to treat ya right and to always try my hardest to make ya, our son and our future children, happy. I thank ya for being the extraordinary woman ya are. I thank ya for making me the luckiest man of the galaxy. I thank ya for loving me and to show me your love each and every day. I thank ya for having given me the most beautiful gif/blessing of my life, my mini me who is too cute even for his own good." Everybody laughed as baby Aug smiled innocently, "Uh...even if ya can be annoying sometimes too, it never stops me from loving ya with my all. I luhh ya so much, I can't see myself live without ya either. Ya are my strength, my breath, my motivation, my support, the love of my life. Ya make me happy. And...Uh...I lost ya one time in the past and it was the first and last time, ya can be sure that it won't happen again. I won't let that happen. I won't mess up. Of course, we'll have our ups and downs, nobody is perfect, but we'll go through it all together. Well, I'm blessed to be here and make ya my wife today. Man, I can't wait to start this new life with ya. I luhh ya to infinity. Actually, it's impossible to really explain it how much I luhh ya. And ya too, Auggie. I luhh ya so much." He said before their son could speak like he had read his mind and knew what he was about to ask. 

"I luhh yall two too." Baby Aug said causing everybody's heart to melt. He was the cutest. 

The pastor chuckled again, "Thank you. It was very touching." He said with water in his eyes. He was really happy for them. He could see the strong love connection between them, "August, since it is your intention to marry, join your right hand and declare your consent. Do you take Kimberly to be your lawful wedded wife to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live ? "

"I do ! "

"Kimberly, do you take August to be your lawful wedded husband to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worst, for richer of for poorer, in sickness and in health, as ling as you both shall live ? "

"I do ! " 

"Can you bring the rings, please ? " Once he got them, he continued, "The wedding ring symbolizes unity, a circle unbroken, without beginning or end. And today, Kimberly and August exchange these rings as confirmation of their vows to join their lives, to work at all times to create a life that is complete and unbroken and to love each other unconditionally. May the Lord bless these rings which you give each other as the symbol of your love and fidelity."

He gave the first ring to August, "Take this ring and place it on your bride's finger, and state your pledge to her, repeating after me: With this ring I thee wed. I offer you my hand, and my heart as I know they will be safe with you. All that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you." August repeated the words and then slid the ring on her finger. 

The pastor gave the second ring to Kim, "Take this ring and place it on your groom's finger, and state your pledge to him, repeating after me: With this ring I thee wed. I offer you my hand, and my heart as I know they will be safe with you. All that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you." Kim repeated as well and then slid the ring on his finger. 

"Kimberly and August, you have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by exchanging the rings. Your vows may have been spoken in minutes, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath. As they have pledge themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before God and this community of friends, I now pronounced them husband and wife. August, you may kiss your bride." 

Aug wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him. With his right hand, he lifted her veil and revealed her pretty face. He admired his wife's beauty for a brief moment before to place softly his lips on hers and then they shared a passionate kiss. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Alsina ! " The pastor announced as their friends and family stood up excited, clapping their hands and cheering for the newlyweds. 

Love is love....

________________

Let me know what you think about this looong chapter =) 

A/N: I finally wrote y'all something big lol I hope you enjoyed the ceremony :D And it's not the end, yet. There is still the epilogue, that will be three different parts. So, three epilogues are coming soon !

PS: If y'all want to see the bridesmaids and groomsmen outfits, I put in the external link, and also in the comment section below in case it doesn't work with the external link, so you can check it out if you want to =D 

Thanks for still reading !

Sorry for the mistakes.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.9K 3.5K 34
Secrets lust separated what are we doing? Are we fighting for our love.?... I'm not letting go.. if I jump will u catch me? what will it be! Are...
793K 32K 48
We're often advised that one of the best ways to increase the chances of a relationship's success is to keep it private and keep your business out of...
4K 2K 17
✔2nd place in Romance/ChickLit in the Fruits of Love Awards 2018 - 2/08/2018 ✔2nd place in Chicklit in the Recognition Awards 2018 - 2/10/2018 ✔2nd p...
23.6K 1K 72
" LOVE " " A powerful word it makes you feel happy the feeling that you're contented of what you have because of love . For so many people love is d...