PSYCHO ― John B. Routledge ✓

By cIeopatras

❝ sure thing, norman bates ❞ ❝ oh, fuck off, you pogue ❞ JOHN B x MALE!OC OBX SEASON ONE Cover by @brieIar... More

PSYCHO
DENY, DENY, DENY
GRAPHICS GALLERY
00. Drinking to Forget
01. You're Still Here
02. About Last Night
03. In The Moonlight
05. Call A Truce
06. Feel Something Dangerous
07. Let's Ride
08. Until He Didn't
09. Saying Yes
10. More Than That
11. Runner
12. Falling Into Place
13. His Girls
14. Likewise
15. Beat Him To It
16. Midsummers Revelations
17. Like A Car Crash
18. Put Up or Shut Up
19. Bad Idea
20. Stillwater
21. Getting There
22. What Do We Do Now?
23. The Beginning
24. Right Now
25. We Did It
26. A Small Gesture of Intimacy
27. So Much Worse
28. Tough Guy
29. Family
30. Trust Him
31. I Promise
32. A Plan's A Plan
33. All They Had
34. Bloody-Handed
35. Start The Car
36. Forget About Me
37. Old Time's Sake
38. The Last Goodbye
39. The Greater Good
40. Always

04. A Small Moment Of Weakness

9K 461 301
By cIeopatras

FOUR A SMALL MOMENT OF WEAKNESS

◥✥◤

Alisha didn't bring up last night as they geared up to head out on the Turner's boat. The Marsh was closed, but that wasn't going to stop them from being on the water without interfering with the search for some random boat that had gone missing in the hurricane. Norman didn't know why it was such a big deal, but apparently, James had mentioned something about them finding a dead body. It gave Norman chills to think about, but it had reportedly been some random Pogue that worked for Sarah Cameron's father. So, it didn't matter too much to him.

Sitting on the docks while they waited for the boat to be ready for them to go, Norman observed the settings around him. The sun had barely risen, but they always liked to go early if they weren't hungover from a party the night before. Lila liked to watch the sunrise and it was nice to be out on the water when most people weren't even awake yet. It was just peaceful. Granted, getting up had been a pain in the ass since Norman hadn't gotten much sleep.

"You look like shit," James greeted in lieu of a good morning, causing Norman to scoff and flip him off.

"Dick," was all Norman said in response, squinting since the sun was beginning to shine in his eyes. He knew he'd be thankful for the fun experiences with his friends later, but right now he was just tired and way too sweaty for five in the morning.

"Seriously, what's up with you, dude? You've been all mopey and Alisha's been super quiet all morning. Did you guys finally fuck or something? She's kinda makin' her way around the friend group, lately," James said with a smirk that, even though Norman loved him, he wanted to smack right off of his face.

Norman rolled his eyes, scoffing and saying, "Dude, no and don't talk about her like that. It's Alisha, we're the only people on this fucking island who don't give her shit for that stuff, let's keep it that way."

The curly-haired boy raised his hands in surrender as he hopped up on the boat now that his crew was done setting them up for departure. He nodded towards the girls who had been involved in their own conversation and they began loading up. Norman sighed as he gazed out at the water, wishing he could feel as peaceful as the scenery looked. After the girls were on, he climbed onto the boat and they set off.

However, as they were driving past the private docks, Norman noticed something. John B was standing on the Camerons' dock with huge bags of what looked like it could be diving equipment. Norman new he worked for the Cameron family, but it was peculiar considering it was five in the morning and he was fairly sure the family wasn't even awake yet.

"Hold on, James, stop the boat," Norman called over to the curly-haired boy, hoping the boy on the docks wouldn't notice them driving by.

"What's up?" Gemma asked, standing up with her hands on her hips as she walked over to the boys.

James shrugged, "Rocky told me to stop the boat. What's gotten into you?"

Norman shook his head, pointing to the docks, "Is that John B?"

Alisha got up and squinted at the boy on the docks before nodding, "It looks like it."

"Why do we care about a random Pogue on the docks?" Lila asked, sounding irritated, "I just wanna get out on the water and go swimming."

"Because why the fuck is he on their dock at five in the morning with a bunch of shit? Do you think he was stealing it? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised," Norman observed with a scoff, keeping his eyes trained on the boy as they all watching him step into the Camerons' boat. Something just didn't sit right with him. "It's weird, right?"

Lila rolled her eyes, "Dude, you're like obsessed with him. It's weird. He's probably just finishing up some work for them, chill."

"Yeah, chill," Alisha contributed, pushing her heart-shaped sunglasses higher up on her nose. It was obvious her heart wasn't in what she was saying and that she simply wasn't trying to be excluded. John B was a sensitive subject between the two of them now, but of course, no one else knew that. No one ever would. Last night wasn't supposed to happen; no one was ever supposed to know.

"I'm going over there," Norman said with a definitive tone of voice, "I don't trust him. First, his friend brings the gun, now this? How do you guys not think that's suspicious?"

James shrugged, "I mean, it is a little weird he'd be doing work at like five in the morning."

"With nobody else working," Gemma continued with a sigh, "I mean, maybe you're not crazy, but why not just let it work itself out? It can be Ward Cameron's problem. Not ours."

Lila nodded along with this, "Exactly. It's not our problem. Don't let your stupid beef with him interrupt our fun day, Rocky."

He sighed, knowing they were probably right. He just didn't feel good leaving John B there on the docks when it was so obvious something was going on that absolutely shouldn't be. Turning back to his friends, he shrugged. "Well, I'm making it my problem. This'll take like five minutes can you just wait?"

As he took off his shirt and shoes, preparing to jump into the water he knew was probably ice cold and gross considering it was dock water, he made eye contact with James who was looking at him with something that resembled pity. He wasn't sure if James even knew how to feel pity, but if it made him wait for Norman, he didn't care what it was.

"Fine, we'll wait, just be quick. Do you want me to get you closer?" James caved in and Norman was glad his friend was willing to vouch for him over something that seemed so minuscule. He was aware he was probably obsessed, but he was nosy as hell and he couldn't live with himself if he didn't try and investigate.

"Nah, I don't want him to hear me. Thank you guys for putting up with my weird feelings," was the last thing he said before he took a deep breath and dove into the freezing water. Goosebumps immediately rose on his skin, but he stayed under as long as possible. The docks were far enough away that he knew he would have to take a breath at some point, but he should be able to go relatively long without having to. About ten feet away from John B's small speedboat, he took a breath before diving under once again. John B still hadn't returned which was a good sign; Norman had the advantage of being able to get onto the boat and furthermore, the docks without the other boy noticing. He looked back once to see if his friends were watching him, but they were just chatting with each other and on their phones.

Coming above water, he grabbed the end of John B's docked boat and climbed onto it as quietly as possible. As he stood on the small boat, he heard voices coming from inside the Camerons' boat as he sat and waited. He would have climbed onto the dock, but he felt like having a flair for the dramatics. After checking up on John B, he had to work twice as hard to establish the fact that he is still an asshole. It was important to him that the other boy knew that. After a few moments, the voices ceased and Norman braced himself.

John B hopped down onto the boat, turning around to see the boy sitting their patiently. As soon as he saw Norman, he jumped out of his skin which brought Norman a considerable amount of joy. "Jesus fucking Christ, Bates, you scared the shit out of me! Really living up to your nickname, Jesus. What are you doing here? Are you stalking me or some shit? It's five in the fucking morning, dude!"

"I just happened to be driving by in my friends' boat and I saw you snooping where you so clearly do not belong," he explained as nonchalantly as possible even though he realized he was probably acting totally insane. "What the fuck were you doing with a bunch of equipment from your boss's boat?"

"None of your goddamn business," John B retorted, getting incredibly defensive. His eye was still bruised, which of course made Norman remember that weird moment they shared in the boy's kitchen just the day before. Naturally, this also made him remember the crippling breakdown he had the night before. "Jesus, you look like you've seen a ghost. What do you look so scared for? You broke onto my boat."

Norman shook his head, remembering he was supposed to be angry. "Nothing, what the fuck are you up to?"

"Why are you so obsessed with me?"

"Shut the fuck up, Regina George, you know you were doing something wrong or else you wouldn't be so defensive right now!" Norman exclaimed, knowing it was a weak defense, but he didn't care. "Just tell me what you were doing and I'll leave you alone. It's that easy."

"Why do you care?"

Norman crossed his arms, explaining stubbornly, "Because you're fucking around in my neighborhood. We're good friends with Sarah and her family and if you're taking advantage of them, it's only fair to let them know. If you don't tell me, I might just have to give Ward Cameron a call and tell him you were sneaking around."

"You cannot tell him!" John B exclaimed, the boat rocking as he took a step closer. "Listen, my friends and I needed to borrow some of the scuba diving equipment for something. It's no big deal, really. I don't know why you're freaking out about it, just mind your fucking business."

"No, I won't be minding my business because any time I see you it seems to be because you're causing some sort of unnecessary trouble," Norman exclaimed, taking one step closer in an attempt to seem more intimidating. The closer he got, the taller he would seem considering he had about four inches on the other boy in terms of height. It was something he was absolutely going to capitalize on. "What did you need the equipment for? Does it have anything to do with that pesky little shipwreck they've been looking for over in the Marsh?"

John B's hesitation told him everything he needed to know. Somehow, he was right. He didn't think he was going to be right. So, maybe he wasn't overreacting at all.

"My, my, what have you gotten yourself into, Pogue?" he asked with a cocky smile, "Have you really gotten so bored you started looking for a shipwreck? Sounds like trouble, right up your alley, I guess."

"Listen, please don't tell Ward. I'll do anything, but I need that job," John B pleaded, which was unexpected from him. The boy seemed too prideful to ask for such a thing from Norman.

Norman scoffed, "There's nothing you could possibly give me that I could want. Looks like you'll just have to trust me while I hang this over your head, huh? That puts you in quite the predicament, doesn't it, John B?"

"Don't tell Ward and I won't tell your pretty little rich friends about how you kissed me at that party," John B spoke so casually, Norman almost didn't catch what he said. When he did, he froze. Cursing himself internally, he knew he made it too obvious how much that had actually struck him. He struggled to regain his composure, but it was too late. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"It's amazing how someone with such a pretty face can be the biggest asshole known to mankind."

"Aw, you think I'm pretty!" John B exclaimed, brushing past him to start the boat. "If you're done with your interrogation, I'll be happy to drive you back over to your friends, but I'm fairly sure this conversation is over. I would love to not be awake right now and the sooner I can get home, the sooner I can go to sleep."

He bit his lip, not knowing what to say, but he clearly wasn't holding John B's attention anymore. So, instead, he grabbed the back of John B's shirt and yanked him up, turning him around to face him once again. Now that he had the boy's attention, he spat, "No, the conversation is not over! I was shitfaced, it meant nothing and you know that. Besides, that implicates you just as much as it does me. Do you really think you have dirt on me you piece of shit? I would just love to watch you try and take me down."

John B immediately shoved Norman off of him, the shift in weight causing the boat to rock enough to make both of them stumble for just a moment. Regaining his balance, John B exclaimed, "I love how you try and convince me it's nothing to you when every time I bring up you freeze like a dear in fucking headlights. Nice try, Rockwell, but I think it absolutely terrifies you. The idea of someone knowing about that. Doesn't it?"

Norman didn't know what else to say so his next response was to shove him. Now, Norman did not approve of violence as an answer to anything. That being said, something about the smug face John B had sent his way unleashed a fit of anger in him he really didn't know he had. So, his response was to shove John B into the water below them. He was smart about it, not pushing him behind the motor so he became chum for the fish. He could be thoughtful when he wanted to be. What he hadn't accounted for, however, was John B holding onto him and taking him down with him. Hitting the icy water sent a shock down his spine, but other than that he was relatively fine.

He came above water only to be met with John B angrily splashing him. So, obviously his reaction was to splash him back. Before they knew it, the two of them were laughing together in the water. The splashing ceased, but the laughter didn't as the two of them tread water. Just like that, the animosity had managed to dissipate. John B splashed him once more, but he was smiling as he did so. It was nice, to be peaceful with him. Not that Norman was ever going to admit that. He and John B were still sworn enemies, this was just... a small moment of weakness. However, he was content to blame it on the earliness of the hour and both of them being too tired to really put up a fight. That seemed fair.

Norman rolled his eyes, but he couldn't keep a serious expression on his face to save his life. "You are such a dumbass. This isn't over."

John B just shrugged as he climbed back over the side of the boat. He stood on the edge, offering a hand up to Norman. It felt like a bigger decision. However, Norman gave up on worried about the connotations and took his hand, letting the boy help him back into the boat. The two were both now soaking wet, still laughing to themselves.

"So melodramatic," John B muttered as he untied the boat from the dock and began to drive them away, "I've got half a mind to make you swim back."

"Whatever, asshole," was Norman's oh-so-genius retort.

When he got back to his friend's boat, he was, of course, met with about a hundred questions. This he expected. What he hadn't expected was not being able to answer them.

"What was that with you guys falling off? I thought you were fucking drowning at first," was the first question he got from Lila.

"So? Was he stealing or was there literally no point to that?" was James's.

"Were you overreacting or not?" Alisha's question came next.

Gemma, however, was silent, which Norman was thankful for. Slowly, he began to answer them, "I pushed him, he took me with him. He was stealing, and no, I was not overreacting because everything he does is shady as shit. He was returning something he stole yesterday. Does that answer everybody?"'

Everyone seemed somewhat satisfied, which Norman was thankful for. Once everyone quieted down, he looked at them and suggested, "Can we just go have fun now? Please?"

Everyone nodded along and James started up the boat, but the one person who didn't leave him alone was Alisha. She sat down next to him, throwing him a towel so he didn't get the seat wet. The way she was looking at him, he knew she was dying to say something.

"What?"

"What the fuck was that?" she whispered, trying not to get the attention of the others, "You literally can't stay away from him. I hate to be the one to tell you this, especially after last night, but you have a crush on him, Rocky, you know you do and it's obvious."

"I'm not fucking gay, Alisha. I feel like we've been over this already," he spat, trying not to show his anger. The last thing he needed was anyone questioning why he and Alisha were fighting. He stood to go meet the others, but not before saying, "Don't bring that up again. Ever."

I'm sorry but the scene where they started laughing together was so cute i love norman and john b together so much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168 1 8
𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋 ( outer banks ) ( fem!oc x male!oc )
40.5K 675 36
❛ i guess there's nothing more romantic than dying with your friends. ❜ ━━ in which a treasure hunt and a tempestuous rivalry blurs the lines between...
1.1M 21.4K 118
𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘢𝘥𝘫. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘸𝘦...
5.1M 111K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...