Bound In Ruins

By dinaAbu

A promise. A secret. A choice. One girl and one guy. Bound by a contract that states they are betrothed to e... More

Prologue
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 1
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 2
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 3
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 4
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 5
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 6
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 7
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 8
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 9
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 10
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 11
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 13
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 14
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 15
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 16
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 17
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 18
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 19
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 20
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 21
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 22
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 23
Bound In Ruins- Chapter 24

Bound In Ruins- Chapter 12

32 3 0
By dinaAbu

Chapter 12

6 years ago- College

"Its tradition, I have to go. And knowing that you're not going back home, you have to come with me." I pleaded, sitting on Xander's lap.

We were on his bed and it was Fall break for us at NYU.

"I'm not so sure. How would your uncle feel about meeting a bloke like me?" He asked, resting his hands on my hips.

"He's going to love you. And besides, I can't get out of the charity auction tonight. I've always attended and it would mean a lot if you were to come with me," I told him, brushing my fingers through his hair.

His kissed the tip of my nose, "Of course I'll go with you. But that means we'll be with a bunch of Toffs so I have to dress to impress am I right?"

I kissed his lips softly, "You can wear whatever you want."

He laughed against my lips, "What time are we going?"

"I'm going to get ready. My uncle is having his driver come get us in two hours. I'll come get you with him, alright?" I told him.

"Sure thing," He responded shooting me a soft smile.

Kissing him softly, I stood up.

"See you soon!" I stated before heading off.

Heading back to my dorm, I quickly went to the dressing garments that my uncle had sent to my room this morning.

I flipped through the options and opted for a lavender dress that fitted like a glove. It was a long sleeved dress with mesh sleeves and embroidery all over. It was classic yet pretty.

Brushing out my long black hair, I opted to pin half up and put the rest out down, with several strands curling around my face.

Putting just soft makeup on, I felt ready to go.

"How do I look?" I asked Lennox, causing her to turn around. In her bed as she was flipping through a magazine.

"Ahhhhhh!" She squealed.

Standing up she spun me around causing me to laugh.

"Alexander's going to freak out when he sees you," Lennox stated.

Clapping her hands she fixed a piece of hair that was out of place.

"Perfect," She stated happily.

"Thank you," I replied.

She made me excited to see him now.

"Go, I want to know all details. His reaction, the night, after tonight." She stated winking.

"Bye Len!" I replied laughing as I made my way outside. Finding the driver my uncle had sent was easy, as it was the only limousine in sight.

I blushed, slightly embarrassed as several eyes were on me as I walked towards the driver.

"Ms. James?" The driver asked as I approached.

"That's me," I replied.

Smiling, he opened the door as I thanked him.

Letting him know of Xander's address, he drove off in that direction.

Texting Xander that we were pulling up, I stepped outside the limo to knock on his home and it flung open immediately.

It opened and I felt a huge smile break across my face. He was wearing a black suit, fitted so tightly against his lean body. His hair had been sleeked backward and his face was cleaned up with a fresh shaven face.

I felt my breathing quicken at the look of him.

"Hey," I breathed out.

I saw his jaw tighten and he looked at me head to toe, causing me to blush.

Laughing nervously, he reached out to grab my hand.

Kissing it quickly, he spoke. "You're stunning."

I bit on my lip, "Thank you."

"Bloody hell, Soph. You're trying to kill me." He spoke, placing my horsehead against his lips.

"No, that I'm not. You look incredible," I told him as he pulled away.

He shot me a huge grin, "Had to clean up for the lady. Needed to put those posh people to shame tonight."

Nodding in agreement, I tugged on his hand. "You ready?"

"Let's get going," he agreed, walking us down the steps and into the limo.

"Wow, your uncle didn't mess around. You mentioned that you came from a well-made family but this seems like a whole other level," He stated laughing nervously as we entered the limo.

I shot him a weak smile.

I hadn't told him details about just how rich or well-known my family was in the area, but I never though it mattered.

Shutting the door behind us, the ride over the upper east side had been quite long. Xander seemed nervous and I kept squeezing his hand in reassurance.

"You're going to be fine, seriously. Don't worry about it. We won't even stay long, just have to show face really." I told him as we pulled up to the Grand Hotel, a property my family company owned.

My uncle was running the organization, just until I was old enough to take complete control.

Nodding his head slowly, he shot me a wink. I knew he was trying his best to mask his nerves, yet I could sense just how tense he was.

Walking out first, he held out the door for me and instantly grabbed my hand.

There were cameras everywhere, but I paid them no mind. I doubted they would be interested in me any way as the star of tonight's charity show were the celebrity guests that James Industries invited to raise money towards.

Every Thanksgiving, James Industries hosted a Charity Gala with a bunch of famous guests to raise money for the less fortunate. Thanksgiving was tomorrow, and this was tradition for years.

"Just where exactly are we headed?" He asked as we walked inside the hotel.

Gripping onto his hand tightly, I led him straight to the ballroom where I knew the event was being held at.

"Sophia!" I heard a male say. I looked closer ahead and saw my uncle beaming at me as he walked over.

"Uncle Calum!" I stated excitedly.

Hugging me tight, I felt relieved.

"You made it," he replied.

"Of course I did. Wouldn't have missed it for the world," I told him pulling away.

Pulling Xander's hand back in mine, I squeezed it to reassure him.

"Uncle Calum, this is Alexander." I stated introducing them.

Shaking his hand firmly, Xander spoke, "It's good to finally meet you, sir. Sophia has spoken so highly of you."

My uncle shot me a wink, "I could say the same about you. It's good to meet you as well. I'm happy to hear that Sophia has met some great friends at school."

I looked at the exchange and saw Xander genuinely smile at my uncle, "We're lucky to have her."

"Okay, you two. Xander let's go show you the work we do inside. Uncle, I'll see you in there!" I stated kissing my uncles cheek.

"Enjoy," He replied as we walked hand in hand inside.

"Wow," I heard Xander say.

"What?" I asked curious. I wanted to hear all of his thought on tonight.

"This is just so extravagant. You really downplayed just how posh your life is," He stated bewildered.

I didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing.

A few hours had passed and while I introduced Xander to some people, I also felt that he had felt a bit overwhelmed.

I looked over the crowd and noticed a group of women staring at us, especially at Xander who stood shyly beside me. I looked closely at them and noticed that they were spectacularly gorgeous, with each of them reeking of posh.

I could sense that this would make him uncomfortable.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, tugging on his hand.

Nodding, he winked.

"I'm alight, love. Just a bit knackered is all."

He was tired.

"Let's head out then, if you're too tired, we can get a room here for tonight. My uncle can give us a suite," I told him.

The suit had two separate bedrooms, and I figured that this would be ideal if he was up for it.

"No, that's alright. We can go back home, I'm fine."

I looked at him closely and tried reading his emotions.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, wanting clarification.

Rubbing his hands on my arms, I sensed his stress.

"I'm more than okay."

Nodding my head unconvinced, I decided not to pry. If he wanted to tell me, he would.

Texting the driver my uncle had sent us, I tugged on his hand and led us outside.

Hopping into the limo, about twenty minutes had passed and the drive was unusually quiet.

"Driver, can you pull over?" I asked as we pulled over to Bryant Park.

"What's wrong?" Xander asked.

Ignoring him, I stepped outside and felt the cold air greet us.

Hearing Xander follow behind me, I walked inside the park and noticed that the Holiday shops were all open.

"Soph, you've lost the plot. You're going to get sick." I heard him say behind me.

I turned around and saw him take off his jacket and placed it over my shoulders.

I smiled at the gesture and held onto his arm as I tugged on him to stroll inside with me.

"This is so beautiful," I whispered.

"Look at all these shops. Each of them are different," I stated.

I felt his body vibrate with laughter, "Have you never been here?"

"First time," I responded.

"How is it that I'm showing you more about your own city?" He asked amused.

I shrugged, "What we've just left, that's all I've ever really known."

"That a shame," he quickly stated.

I pulled away slightly and looked at him, "Why do you say that?"

He was quiet for a second, thinking about his words before replying.

"You're just 19, those types of events and gatherings are awesome and all, but you've hardly lived a life of a normal young bird," he clarified.

"I'm not complaining," I responded truthfully.

"No, of course you aren't. You never do. I guess I'm just surprised that you've gone from that to this," he stated.

Stopping, I turned to face him and looked up into his eyes as I spoke, "What's going on Xander? Honestly."

He looked at me and took a deep breath, "I just could never imagine living that type of life. The posh people, the parties, the eloquence. It's all just not me."

"It doesn't have to be, and it isn't. Where is this all coming from?" I asked confused.

He shook his head, "Nothing. I'm sorry. Tonight is about you and how great of your family's company for doing what they do to help others. I'm sorry I've been a prick when tonight should've been nothing like this."

I didn't feel like he was telling the truth.

In fact, I felt that tonight I shouldn't have taken him.

I was beginning to regret it completely.

"Stop over-thinking Soph. I promise you, it's nothing." He stated.

"Sure," I replied as he hugged me.

He ended up buying us some food from a shop and although he was trying to lighten the mood, I couldn't help but try and figure out what had gone wrong tonight.

"Come here," He stated running with my hand wrapped in his.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

Laughing, he ran into a small booth.

Sitting inside, I realized that we were in a photo booth.

Placing a few dollars into the machine, he spoke "Smile, love. You look incredible."

I looked at him and smiled at his words, not realizing a photo had been taken.

That caused us both to laugh, "At the camera you goof!" He chuckled.

"Let's do a funny pose," I told him sticking out my tongue.

He immediately opened his mouth wide and pretended to act barbaric.

That caused me to laugh.

"You are just something else," I replied laughing.

"I want to remember how good looking I was tonight." He joked wiggling his eyebrows.

"You look handsome, but that's every day. You don't need a photo to remind you of that, just look in a mirror." I whispered to him.

Shooting me a huge grin, he reached for my neck and pulled me in to kiss him.

Kissing him softly, I felt relieved for the first time tonight.

Something may have been off, but in that moment, I completely forgot about everything prior. I smiled against his lips, realizing that shit may be weird, off, or even bad at times, but kissing him made me forget about it all.

Pulling away, he rested his forehead against mine and stared right into my eyes.

"What am I going to do with you," he replied against my lips.

"Take me home," I whispered.

Looking at him, his eyes beamed with happiness. They were bluer than I'd ever seen them before.

"That I can do," He stated before grabbing the photo strips.

"One for you and one for me," He stated tucking a strip into his jacket pocket and another in his pants.

"These are great," I told him, looking at the photos.

We looked truly happy in them, as if nothing else mattered in that moment when really, nothing else did. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 6.6K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
1K 178 12
One chance, one glance, and one night was all it took Ella Wilsonville to change her life. And just like that, she became the most crucial existence...
44.6K 1.1K 21
"This isn't love darlin..this is business. You signed the contract."- Bucky said Meet Francesca Sophia Ann Jasper a 18 year old freshmen at NYU from...