The Return (A Sebastian Micha...

By xxPapercranesxx

Luis Augustine was the former head house maid to Lord Vincent Phantomhive and the caretaker for his young son... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 9

8.9K 249 107
By xxPapercranesxx

I didn't end up sleeping that night, I spent it sorting though everything in that room, though before the sun came up I went back to my room to get into uniform before going to start Ciel's breakfast, Sebastian and I had set it up so we alternate who makes breakfast and who wakes him up.

Mey-rin and Finny walked drowsily into the kitchen shortly after I had gotten started, mumbling their good mornings. I was placing Ciel's choices on the cart when Finny chimed in.

"You're awfully quiet this morning Miss. Lo, is something the matter?" He asked sweetly a concerned look on his face.

"Oh, no nothing I didn't sleep too well last night is all." I said forcing a smile. "Help yourselves to what's left." I said as I wheeled the cart from the room. The other servants always love the mornings I cook for Ciel, I always 'accidentally' make too much.

~*~

When I walked in Sebastian was gently shaking a grumbling lump under the covers, the curtains already drawn, letting in the bright morning sun

"Young master, it's time to wake up now." Sebastian said sounding a bit impatient, only earning silence from the sleeping lump.

"Let him sleep, he had a rough night." I said placing my hand lightly over Sebastian's to stop him. He gave me a look of displeasure but backed away closing the curtains.

"Alright.. but don't expect such slack tomorrow.." He said sternly. I gave him a smile of thanks before pulling the covers from Ciel's face, kissing his head and brushing my fingers through his hair.

~*~

"We can make today a cleaning day, its a lovely day we can open the doors and windows and have a sort of spring cleaning." I suggested as Sebastian and I made our way back to the servants quarters.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea." He said kindly, opening the door for me, revealing the four slacking servants.
"Alright you lot lets get to work! Make this manor shine like it never has before!" Sebastian declared passionately as the servants saluted him.

"Yes sir!" They all chimed in unison, splitting up to each of their duties.

"If you work on the top story and I work on the bottom we can meet in the middle and finish there." I said grabbing a bucket, mop and scrubber so I could clean all of the floors. Sebastian nodded with a gentle smile before leaving to take care of his business.

I watched him leave, something had been eating at me since last night.. Why would he remind me of my past love if he loved me himself? Why would he care about me in the first place? I'm just a random girl who showed up a few weeks ago.

Though what about my feelings for him? Something about him was dragging me in.. But my mind is so clouded right now it's not like I'd have any room.. I just need to focus on being there for Ciel. Nothing more.

I headed towards the Ballroom, I wanted to get the biggest job done first. I set down the supplies on the dusty tile floor, looking around. There was a record player on the opposite side of the room.

~*~

I found myself in the room Sebastian had showed me, sifting through the box of records pulling one with the least amount of scratches, and headed back to the Ballroom.

I placed the record on the player and moved the needle to it a beautiful piano erupting from the horn. I smiled and got back to work. I pulled my sleeves back and started scrubbing the checkered floor, throwing my boots the the wall so they wouldn't mess up my work.

I got to thinking in the peaceful room, this was where I spent most of my time when I was younger, here and the garden. Tanaka taught me how to Waltz in here, he stood me on his toes like a father would his daughter and we twirled around the room laughing and enjoying ourselves.

This was where Ciel, Lizzie and I would build forts and act out different scenarios such as a knight and his horse rescuing the fair maiden, I was always the trusty stead. Or an adventurer, his partner and pet jaguar, exploring deep dark caves and rescuing animals from harm, I again was the jaguar, and often Noah's Ark... They seemed to enjoy my animal acting..

I hadn't seen or heard anything of the Midfords since I had returned, I wondered how they were doing.. Francis spent a lot of time with me when she had the free time to 'teach me to be a lady' it seemed to be her favorite thing.

Edward, Lizzie's older brother, didn't like playing as much as the younger children but he would sit and watch from time to time, his head in a book. I missed their family and hoped to see them soon.

It's memories like those that you really want to cherish.. but it's the memories that haunt you in everything you do, that stop you from doing the things you want... What you need is some one or something to distract you from them completely.

Just then a song started playing on the record that I had only heard once before.. When Master Vincent was singing it to his wife for their anniversary, I stopped to listen standing to look around the room a guitar playing as an intro, before Master Vincent's voice came flooding into the room.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
my eyes drifted over the room visions of happy and sad times overlapping themselves around me..

But it's the only thing that I know
A young version of myself smiling widely as I helped the other servants...

When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
The day Master Vincent brought home his new fiance..

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive
I closed my eyes slowly, lifting my arms slightly from my sides beginning to twirl..

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
I danced alone, twirling past dozens of happy, painful moments..

Where our eyes are never closing
Young Ciel playing with a toy arc..

Hearts are never broken
Vincent and I dancing for the first time, laughing carelessly..

And time's forever frozen still

Sebastian's POV

So you can keep me
Thats when I saw her.. dancing gracefully around the empty ballroom alone..

Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Her dark hair swaying behind her as she spun, her feet as light as feathers...

Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

Luis' POV

Loving can heal, "Mind if I cut in?" loving can mend your soul
Sebastian took my hand and waist, taking me by surprise..

And it's the only thing that I know, know
We danced..

I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
Past more images side by side..

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

We keep this love in this photograph
Catching Ciel after his first steps..

We made these memories for ourselves
Tanaka dancing with me on his toes..

Where our eyes are never closing

hearts are never broken
Vincent and his wife fighting because of me..

And time's forever frozen still
Sebastain looked down at me

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Noticing my mind was else where..

Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
Holding my face gently, so I had to look at him..
You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me
That's okay baby, only words bleed
I touched my forehead to his..
Inside these pages you just hold me
Starring into his eyes..
And I won't ever let you go
Wait for me to come home
And we kissed...
Wait for me to come home

You can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen
Tears flowed down my cheeks..
Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul

And if you hurt me
Well, that's okay baby, only words bleed
We both smiled into the kiss..
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
We pulled away, smiling lovingly, our foreheads still touching..

When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me
Now as we danced past my broken memories...
Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
They all..
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
Faded away...
"Wait for me to come home."

Replaced by the ones of our own...

We stood there, foreheads touching as the song ended, eyes closed in silence.

"Luis.. Will you let me in.." He asked opening his eyes. I pulled back still standing close to him though we were no longer touching.

"Sebastian-.." I hesitated.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't have even the slightest of feelings towards me, and I'll leave you alone." He said soft but sternly, a pleading look in his eyes.

"I-I can't say that.." I said looking away from him, I couldn't stand that look. "But I couldn't ever love you either.. I can't love because nothing good ever comes out of it!" I said backing up even more. "It's all a lie, there isn't 'love' without lies.. without hurt. What people call love just blinds them with illusions of happiness.. Like a Dollhouse, all you see from the outside are happy smiling doll faces but they don't look through the curtains.. And you prey they never will." I said as my eyes clouded over. Sebastian's hands cupped my face pulling me from the dark.

"Then allow me to show a different love.. something new, a fresh start." He said to me sweetly moving his hands to my shoulders.

I stood not quite knowing what to say, looking at him on the verge of tears as I let out a breath. "The Young Masters calling me..." I said stepping around him our finger tips the last thing to part.

Though it was true, this was a different feeling that he gave me. I just didn't have anything to give back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short!!! I felt if I added anymore it would ruin the effect! But I promise I'll be fast with the next chapter! Oh and by the way I put a link or video type thing up at the top where my pictures are of the song that Luis and Sebastian dance to but in case it doesn't work it's Photograph by Ed Sheeran. I'm sorry if it seems cheesy to you guys but I liked writing it and I like the feel that it gives. Anyway thank you guys so so much for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye! ☆〜(ゝ。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.4K 21
*going through the editing process* Black butler fan fic ~ As Rose loses her family in a fire which leaves her hungry for revenge, the young girl sum...
74.9K 2.4K 36
When (Y/N) gets invited to a ball at the Phantomhive manor after meeting the Earl and his butler in her floral shop, what is she to do? She ends up i...
10.6K 562 37
Book 2 of Your Guardian Angel: You have blossomed into an impressive Countess as the last descendant of the Phantomhives. With Sebastian and your oth...
84.7K 2.2K 49
(Sebastian X fem reader) 18+ You were experimented and became a freak to society of the Victorian London. You lived among the poor and helped protect...