Not Broken. Jaehyun Mafia Au

By i_stan_satan_and_nct

"You can't fix me." 'You're right. I can't fix someone who isn't broken." Y/N is a burlesque dancer living i... More

Wake Up
Good Thing
Regular
Regular to Irregular
Sun and Moon
Take Off
Another World
The 7th Sense
Mad City Part One
Mad City Part 2
Say It
Yestoday
Firetruck
Boss
Heartbreaker
Let's shut up and dance
Dream in a Dream
Wakey Wakey
Chain
119
Switch
Whiplash
Fireflies
We Are 127
Simon Says
Blow My Mind
Boom
Once again
Replay
I have an announcement
Drippin
GO
Quiet Down
Kitchen Beat
Day Dream
Yeah yeah yeah
Touch
Long slow distance
Face to Face
0 Mile
Knock on
We Go Nana
Angel
Beautiful Time
123
Black on Black
Stronger
Punch
Pandora's Box
My Page
Love Talk
Dreaming
Baby don't like it
Best Friend
100
Back 2 U
7 Days
Walk You Home
Bad Alive
Prelude
Turn Back Time
Lalalove
Make Your Day
Hard For Me
Cherry Bomb
Vision
Kick It
Awaken the World
Lips
Stand By Me

Welcome To My Playground

658 44 2
By i_stan_satan_and_nct

Doyoung waited until Taeyong and I had disappeared from vision before knocking on his boss' door.

"Come in," Jaehyun consented.

Doyoung opened the door and propped himself against the doorframe. Jaehyun looked up at him from his desk chair.

"What?" Jaehyun demanded.

Doyoung chuckled at his boss' intimidation tactics and took his time in forming a response, something most other members wouldn't dare to do.

"I said, what?" Jaehyun thundered.

Although Doyoung's laughter had faded, his smile remained. He took a step forward and closed the door behind him.

"Did you really mean it when you said she was free to leave, boss?"

Jaehyun's furrowed brows relaxed. Leaning back in his chair and propping his feet on the table, he opened his desk draw and pulled out two cigars. Doyoung walked over to his desk and sit in the very chair Y/N had used only a few moments prior. Jaehyun extended one of the already cigars to the man who readily accepted. Doyoung leaned forward as Jaehyun lit his cigar with a silver lighter, feet still on the desk. Running a hand through his oddly streaked hair, took in a puff of smoke and held it for a few seconds before releasing it into the air. Jaehyun took his time in lighting his own cigar before turning back to Doyoung.

"Say what you will about the old codger, he always did buy the best stogs," He laughed examining the cigar band.

"Stealing from daddy's stash, are we?" Doyoung jokingly mocked.

Jaehyun's face turned cold. Removing his feet from the desk, he leaned forward, staring Doyoung in his eyes.

"What did you say?"

Doyoung matched the man's intense gaze, leaning in to show his lack of fear. Their eyes remained fixed on the others, unblinking until-

"Pfft!" Jaehyun chortled, Doyoung instantly joining in his laughter.

"So, you heard everything, huh?"

"Well, you did ask us beforehand to wait by the door until you both were finished," Doyoung reminded.

Jaehyun nodded before setting the cigar down on a marble cigar stand.

"So, you're really going to let her go?"

"Of course not. If Wayv wants Y/N, then I will do everything in my power to make sure she's out of their reach."

"Then why did you tell her that she was free to go?"

Jaehyun paused.

"I'm still not sure she's telling the truth."

"Sir?"

"If she's working with Wayv, then she'll have no reason to stay other than to find out information. Taeyong is informing her of the rules she'll have to follow as we speak assuming she chooses to stay. These rules will make it impossible for her to gain access to any information we don't want Wayv to know. If we make it clear to her that these are the conditions under which she may stay at the estate and that they will continue to be enforced until Wayv is dealt with, then she will have no reason to stay since her life wouldn't actually be in any danger in the first place."

"You really thought this through, didn't you?" Doyoung complimented.

"Right down to the last detail," Jaehyun mused.

"So what are the rules?"

"Taeil is currently bugging and placing cameras in her room, which she will be informed of. Only the bathroom is free from any form of recording devices. These cameras are transmitted through wiring to a house computer disconnected from wifi and therefore unhackable meaning she won't be able to send any messages to Wayv through the cameras. She will be under constant supervision as for she will be unable to leave the room without-"

"-being escorted by of 127's members for the entirety of your excursion," Taeyong read out loud.

We had returned to the room I had woken up in and Taeyong had started informing me of the rules that were listed on his clipboard.

"What? This is ridiculous." I exclaimed.

Taeil was setting up cameras, checking to make sure there were no blind spots.

"There won't be any cameras in the bathroom so feel free to change comfortably in there. As long as we have the room completely covered, we'll be able to see anything suspicious you might bring in there," He explained.

"The boss said he believed my story. Why is he making me follow all these rules and why do I have to have cameras in my room?"

"He does believe you. We still have to take precautions though given you aren't a member of 127," Taeyong interjected.

"There are still more rules we need to cover. You aren't allowed to leave the room during any of 127's meetings without specified permission from the boss. You will not be allowed access to any devices that allow you to contact anyone outside of this house, but don't worry, we will have plenty of things available for your entertainment. You are allowed to ask for anything within reason." Taeyong continued.

"What do you mean, in reason?"

"Okay, good question. Things within reason are things such as clothes, books, makeup, small pets, furniture."

"Pets?"

"Yeah, small ones like cats or birds. We could have one delivered tomorrow if you wanted. Just don't name it Louis."

"What? Why?"

"Umm. Don't worry about it. Anyways, things that are out of reason are things that can be used to break any of the rules on this list along with things in extreme excess like houses or things that are impossible to fulfill."

I stared at Taeyong in disbelief.

"Oh, and you can just ask me or Taeil when you have a request. It's best not to ask the boss himself since he has a lot going on now."

"What about if I want to leave my room?"

"There will be a member at your door at all times. When we're all in a meeting, we'll either have a member stay in your room with you and catch them up later or we'll have one of the staff watch over you. When you want to leave your room, just open the door and whoever is there will act as your escort."

Hopefully Doyoung won't be guarding my room all that much.

I stopped for a second to process everything he was saying.

"And if I refuse to follow the rules?"

"I can make arrangements for you to go back home or wherever you want to go along with the money that was promised to you if agree to our confidentiality agreement, but I have to warn you, you won't last long out there with Wayv on your case and we have other ways of making sure you keep quiet. Ways that aren't as beneficial to you as the agreement is."

"So, I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

"You always have a choice. Sometimes the best option just isn't what you'd hope."

I made no efforts to hide my frustration as Taeyong moved on to explaining how things would be from now on. Meals would be made by the few staff that were kept on hand which according to Taeyong, were not that many. According to him, they had a few staff members that were specially trained to double as bodyguards in case of any house invasions. Besides these select few, the majority of staff were sent home on paid leave as to prevent any issues while dealing with Wayv. There were always risks of traitors so limiting the amount of people who entered the household was necessary. Sometimes they would send outside staff to go on delivery runs, but everything that came into the house went through inspection. I was allowed to eat in anywhere and anytime I wanted, but if chose not to leave my assigned room, meals would be delivered three times a day at set mealtimes. Taeyong told me that he would find a clock for my room. He also asked if the room was to my liking, telling me that he chose one of the smaller rooms since he believed there was a large chance that I would feel more at home in one of the less flashy rooms. He was right but he still offered to move me into a bigger one if at any point I choose to do so.

Taeyong left for a little bit and returned with the clock he promised. During his absence, Taeil explained to me where all the cameras were in the hopes that it would make me feel more comfortable knowing. It didn't. Taeil left and then it was just me and Taeyong.

"I know that this will be a drastic change for you but try as best you can to adjust to your new surroundings. You might have to follow several rules but remember that you are a guest in this house, and you won't have to worry about anyone hurting you here." He promised, getting up to leave.

"That is, unless I break one of the rules," I muttered.

Taeyong stood in the doorway, looking at me with those same sympathetic doe eyes he had flashed me earlier. I hated them. I hated how they were always filled with pity.

"Try your best not to," He told me as he started to close the door.

"Welcome to the Soo-man estate."

I looked at the clock.

11:42.

How was it still early after everything that's happened today? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.8K 31
Taeyong was hired as an informant for a mafia gang. He was sent to obtain information about the young and successful CEO, Jung Jaehyun. He approached...
57.6K 1.3K 23
Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her part-time job. A boyfriend is a big no in...
578K 18.4K 45
"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds herself stuck in a gang after witnessing...
78.4K 2.7K 26
Eunji has a complicated life and an even more complicated past. When everything starts falling apart again, she meets them, she meets him. Nct gang...