hard to love ( klaus mikaelso...

By feltonmyhusband

in which klaus mikaelson goes to exceeding lengths for the love of his life. [๐ค๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
ACT TWO.
02
03
04
05
06
new cover !!
07
08

01

4.4K 73 45
By feltonmyhusband

     DAYS PASSED as Dahlia learned how to properly be a vampire. Daylight rings, compulsion, and vervain were all some points Stefan taught her. The Salvatore refused to let her step out of the house until she fully proved she was capable of controlling herself, which wasn't ideal for Dahlia who was weak. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't fight the hunger or answer the silly test questions he prepared. Her mind wasn't on vampirism and drinking blood, not in the slight. She was busy thinking about Niklaus. How she'd tell him she was back. A smile grew on her face at the thought of his reaction. A century had passed without him, but now that she was back, eternity with him sounded too little. The girl remembered their first memories together and felt butterflies in her stomach. She was in love with him all over again.

"Drink up, we're gonna be testing your speed today." Her thoughts were interrupted by a cup being shoved in her face. Stefan was forcing her on his animal diet, which she hated. 

"Yippee! What's today's five-star meal? Squirrel? Rat? Wait, wait. Is it a bunny?!" She faked being excited. Animal blood was repulsive. She didn't understand how he drank it instead of sweet, tasty human blood. Her mouth watered at the thought of drinking human blood.

"Cut it out. I'm trying to help you, Dahlia." The girl rolled her eyes. Old Dahlia would normally be kind, but she's been alive for over 2,000 years. She didn't owe anyone kindness. Her soul was tired and in need of love. 

"No. You know what, you can take your horrid roadkill blood, and I'll go find some yummy human blood." He grabbed her arm when she tried to walk away.

"You're not going anywhere. You'll kill someone." For moments like these, Dahlia had made a wooden stake. Not to brag or anything, but she thought it was super groovy. She sped to pull the stake from the inside of her heavy-ass hiking boots and stabbed it in Stefan's chest. His grip loosened and he fell on his knees, groaning.

"Pretty cool, huh? I made it myself!" She giggled. He looked at her in a weirded out expression as he moaned in pain. She grabbed his face and pouted. "I'm sorry. You're so sweet. You're just really clingy, baby." Dahlia realized his hand was on the stake to pull it out so she beat him to it. She pushed it in and twisted and turned it around. He was breathing in and out fast. "Okay, bye. I'll be out, but then we can practice my speed." She blew a kiss and trailed off, leaving Stefan with a stake in his stomach in the middle of the forest.

Dahlia went to Caroline's house to find something nice to wear for when she went to reunite with Klaus. She could not believe how drab and boring Elena's clothes were. The vampire climbed a tree near her window and punched it, breaking the glass. As she tried to get in, it was like she was being blocked by an invisible barrier. She reached her arm in and was stopped. She groaned and went to the front door like a normal person. She rung the doorbell and waited. When there was no response, she kicked the door and it flung open. A scared Caroline ran from the kitchen and stared at her in bewilderment.

"Well this is awkward." 

"Dahlia?! What are you doing?! You just kicked my door open. What is going-"

"Invite me in." Caroline sighed.

"Come in." She said unenthusiastically. Dahlia grinned and skipped inside. 

"I need a dress. I'm going to meet my knight in shining armour, Niklaus." She looked up while mentally admiring Niklaus. Caroline was literally at a loss for words. She had no idea why she was acting so weird.

"Right....Uh well I may have one. Come." She stepped on the creaky stairs.

"My honeybun. My light in a dark tunnel. My-" 

"I get it." The blonde said as the two walked into her room with glass under the window. She gasped as Dahlia went into her closet in search of something sexy. "My window! What happened?!"

"That's terrible! Who would do such a thing?" Dahlia said uninterestedly from the closet. Caroline groaned as she picked up the shards of glass from the floor. The raven-haired girl squealed which made Caroline instantly run over.

"What?!" She asked. Dahlia turned to reveal a short, tight, black dress with thin straps. 

"It's perfect! I'm gonna take this. Niklaus will-" 

"What are you doing? Why are you going back to him when he lied and manipulated you? Are you really that...stupid?!" The blonde snapped on her. Dahlia stood there in confusion before realizing what she was talking about. 

"Oh it's fine, really. No problem at all. Me and him are soulmates, CareBear. I've known him since 1856. That's my bae." She laughed at the term. "Isn't bae such a weird word? It's great though." She turned to admire herself in the mirror as Caroline stood there dumbfounded to what she just heard.

"What are you?" She said.

"Well before a vampire, I was nothing really. I was immortal because this fake bitch Qetsiyah gave me an immortal spell because I said Amara was really pretty. And she knew I didn't want to be immortal, but jokes on her, because I love it now. It's amazing. She's mad Amara stole Silas. Like it's my fault Qetsiyah is fugly." The blonde girl stared at her in shock.

"You-You knew Qetsiyah?" Dahlia nodded. 

"How do you know her?" She asked. 

"She was back for a while, so was Silas." Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"What an attention whore, am I right? Anyway, I'm taking your heels too. I'll return them. Maybe. Toodles." She walked out wearing Caroline's dress and heels, and sped over to the Mikaelson house. As she stepped in front of the door, she realized this would be the first time she officially met them. Well, she knew what they looked like and they knew her, but still. A rush of excitement ran through her body. She bit her lip and knocked the big door. There was no reply, so she knocked again. Again, nothing.

She looked into the window but couldn't make anything out thanks to how dark the windows were. With a sigh, she kicked the door down. She walked in and saw no one home. The girl sped up and in and out of all the rooms. There was no one there. Dahlia pulled her phone out and called Elijah. She didn't want to call Niklaus; she wanted it to be a surprise that she was back.

The phone rang as she waited impatiently for the Original to pick up. Finally the other line picked up and she heard his deep voice.

"Hello, Dahlia. To what do I owe the pleasure?" His voice didn't have an accent like Niklaus' did. 

"Elijah, hi. I was just wondering...Where are you guys? I stopped by the house and no one is here." Dahlia heard him sigh.

"Dahlia. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner." The girl grew nervous at his words.

"What? Tell me what?" She asked.

"We're all in New Orleans." Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What? Why?" There was silence before he spoke.

"I'm afraid Niklaus has gotten a girl pregnant." Dahlia felt like the words slapped her across the face. She took a step back and felt dizzy.

"What?" She said hoarsely. 

"I'm sorry." 

"No. That can't be right. Vampires can't have kids."

"We don't know what happened but-"

"He said that we couldn't have kids...or a family." She wondered if he had lied to her. She couldn't breathe properly and was shaking in anger and hurt. Elijah didn't say anything. "Who?" She whispered.

"What was that?"

"Who's the girl?" She closed her eyes and bit her lip.

"Hayley Marshall." Dahlia imagined all the inhumane things she'd do to her. She took a deep breath before she spoke.

"I'm coming down there." 

"No Dahlia. I don't think that's a very good idea."

"Why not?"

"Because Niklaus doesn't want to see you."

author's note

jsjjsjsj i'm so invested in this story dude

anyway hope u enjoyedddd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 20.2K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
418K 8.9K 34
โ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ดโž โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—๐— ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—๐–พ'๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—๐— ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ...
32.1K 679 28
๐‘ฐ๐’…๐’š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’„: extremely happy, peaceful or picturesque โ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›, ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘›๐‘’๐‘Ÿโž Or In which Elijah Mikaelson...