Heartbreak Warfare

Від thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 44

81.1K 2.8K 3.2K
Від thedaydreamer270

Draco was relieved when he woke up after a nightmare-free sleep. Though, the relief faded when he realized that Harry wasn't in bed. He got up and wandered downstairs. Harry was sitting on the kitchen counter, holding a mug in his lap. Harry looked up and smiled when he saw him.

"'Morning," Harry said.

"'Morning," Draco walked up and stood next to him. "It's pretty early. Could you not sleep?"

"I just had a dream about Ollivander. Voldemort was upset that my wand overpowered his. He was asking about a stronger wand."

"And your dreams are like visions, right?" Draco asked. "They actually happened."

"Usually, yes."

"Why is he looking for another wand?"

"Our wands are twins," Harry explained. "Which means we can't fatally harm each other with our wands."

Draco nodded. "Makes sense."

Harry jumped off the counter. "Do you want some tea?"

Draco nodded and Harry poured him a cup.

"What about you?" Harry asked, handing him the cup. "How did you sleep?"

"Great, actually," he said. "I think that's why Dumbledore left this bracelet for me in his will. It helps to keep the nightmares and Voldemort out of my head."

"That's great," Harry smiled.

They drank their tea in silence for a few minutes before Draco asked, "so, where do we go from here?"

"I'm not sure. Dumbledore apparently used to live here so I thought that we could find some clues around here."

Ron and Hermione came downstairs and entered the kitchen.

"We know who R.A.B is," Hermione said. "It's Sirius's brother, Regulus."

"That's brilliant," Harry said. "But we still don't know if he destroyed the real Horcrux."

"Well—" Hermione started but hushed when they heard a shuffle that came from the pantry. 

They all pulled out their wands. Harry crept up to the door and threw it open. A house-elf was crouched in the corner. Harry grabbed its arm and pulled it out of the pantry.

"Have you been spying on us, Kreacher?"

"Kreacher has been watching," the house-elf spoke, slowly.

"Do you know anything about this locket?" Hermione asked, pulling the locket out of pocket.

"There were two, right?" Harry asked. "What happened to the other one?"

"He came in the night," Kreacher replied. "He took many things. Including the locket."

"Who was it?" Harry demanded.

"Mundungus Fletcher."

"Find him."

Kreacher snapped, disappearing.

****

They only had to wait for a little over fifteen minutes before Dobby and Kreacher came in the door, dragging Mundungus inside. Dobby jumped off Mundungus's back and onto the table, grinning at Harry.

"Harry Potter!" He smiled. "Dobby saw Kreacher talking with Mundungus and Dobby thought it was curious. So, Dobby talked to Kreacher and he said that Harry Potter needed Mundungus. Dobby doesn't trust Kreacher so Dobby had to make sure that Mundungus was brought to you."

Kreacher pushed Mundungus into a chair and Hermione took his wand away. Dobby suddenly stopped, his eyes nearly popping out of his skull. Harry turned and saw he was looking at Draco.

"M-Master Malfoy," Dobby stammered.

"Just Draco is fine, Dobby," Draco replied, sounding sheepish. "You're a free elf after all."

Dobby seemed to relax at that. "Dobby is a free elf!"

"Look, I know I ran from Moody," Mundungus interrupted. "But is this really necessary? I'm sorry, all right?"

"That's not why you're here," Harry said. "You robbed this place, don't deny it. You took a locket. What did you do with it?"

Hermione held up the locket for Mundungus to see.

"I don't know—"

"Don't lie," Harry hissed, pointing his wand at him.

"All right, all right, all right," he put his hands up in surrender. "I did have the locket but someone from the Ministry was poking around. She asked for my license. I didn't know what to do. I offered her anything that I had and she took an interest in the locket. I gave it to her in exchange to keep quiet."

"Who was it?" Hermione demanded.

"I—" He looked at the Daily Prophet that was sitting on the counter. "Well, that's her right there."

He pointed to the woman in the photo on the front page. It was none other than Dolores Umbridge.

"Bloody hell," Ron groaned. "I thought we got rid of her!"

Harry told Mundungus to leave and Hermione gave him his wand back. He didn't have to be told twice before he apparated away.

"We can't exactly walk into the Ministry," Ron said. "So, what's the plan?"

"Polyjuice Potion," Draco replied. "There's no other way to get close to her otherwise."

"He's right," Hermione said (which was something that Harry was still trying to get used to—them interacting civilly). "But the question is, who?"

"The only logical thing to do would be to observe everyone coming in and out of the Ministry. See who's consistently coming and going and use them to get in. We can't exactly go to the Ministry itself and see who interacts with Umbridge but that's not as important. We only need to be alone with her for a moment because," Draco pointed to the photo. "It looks like she's wearing the locket which would mean that she might not ever take it off."

Harry was surprised at how quickly Draco had come up with a plan and by the look of his friends, they were just as surprised.

"What?" Draco rolled his eyes. "Granger isn't the only intelligent one around here. I was top of my class in Slytherin before last year." Draco winked at Harry. "No offense, love."

"None taken," Harry said at the same time Ron said, "offense taken."

"It's a good plan," Hermione stated. "Though, it might take a few weeks. But I believe that Mad-Eye kept Polyjuice Potion around here somewhere."

"Then we better get to work."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

27.2K 1K 21
Draco had always been a puzzle to Harry. A vicious Labrinth with sky-high walls. A forest with deadly poison in it's every inch. A bush with thorns i...
15.1K 404 16
A stormy sky, clouds and rain. As Harry looked, truly looked, into Draco's eyes he could begin to see a story playing out. A stormy day, a small cott...
288 12 6
Harry smirked, "I should get an award." Draco rolled his eyes. "And what blasted person gave you that idea?" "You!" Draco scowled, placing his palm o...
11.9K 515 31
"Harry thought that maybe he was having a dream where Draco would have him, and they would stay in a small place in Godric's Hollow. Maybe he dreamt...