Love and Serenity: Book 2

By SxlarDream

After Julian's first semester of college, he went through a lot of drama dealing with friends passing out, sc... More

Chapter 1: Welcome Back!
Chapter 2: Dates and Disasters
Chapter 3: Serenity?
Chapter 5: Tension
Chapter 6: Love Lost
Chapter 7: It's Not Over Yet
Chapter 8: Keep Dreaming

Chapter 4: Leaving So Soon?

10 0 0
By SxlarDream

Recap...

Julian and his roommates took a day to just hang out with all his roommates, and they wanted to go out to eat at Outback. During the night they enjoyed, Julian got a call from his parents with some bad news saying that he's going to have to leave campus. Lauren makes a plan to try and help Julian stay, but will it work? Let's see...

Sunday Afternoon...

TJ's POV

I just heard the worst news yesterday... Julian might be leaving! But it seemed everything was going well! I don't know what to do. I love Julian. He's my everything. I really hope he doesn't have to leave. Then Draven came upstairs.

"Yo! What's up TJ?" Draven asked smiling.

"Hey" I said as I could barely even form a smile.

"Are you okay, bro?" Draven asked.

"You know that talk that Julian and I had last night?" I asked frowning.

"Yeah. What happened?" Draven asked.

"That might've been our last talk together" I said frowning.

"What do you mean? Did you guys break up?!" Draven asked frowning.

"Not exactly... at least not yet. He might be leaving campus for good" I said frowning.

"Are you serious?! When?!" Draven asked.

"Not sure, but he doesn't have long..." I said frowning.

"But you guys were so cute together!" Draven said frowning.

"Thanks" I said as I let out a small chuckle.

There was a short silence.

"We promised we'd at least see each other tonight, though. In case we don't see each other" I said.

"That's good! I hope he doesn't have to leave, though. He was so chill" Draven said smiling.

"Yeah... I hope he doesn't have to leave either" I said frowning.

I stood up to head to the kitchen. But before I got there, Draven stopped me.

"Yo, TJ" Draven said as he stood up.

"What's good?" I asked.

"If you need anything... I'm here. Alright?" Draven asked.

"Yeah. Thanks, dude" I said smiling.

"No problem!" Draven said smiling.

Draven dapped me up and gave me a hug.

"I'll head over to the library. See you soon?" Draven said smiling.

"Yeah. See you!" I replied smiling.

Draven headed out of the door, and I sat in the dorm alone since Gianna and the others are out.

Kai's POV

Back at the dorm, I am with everyone cheering up Julian after hearing his bad news about him possibly leaving last night.

"Come on, Julian! Even if you do leave, we still have some time together! We'll make the most of it!" Natalie said smiling.

"Yeah! We've gotta get you out of this depressing mood. Let's do something! Now!" Lauren said smiling.

"I'm not sure I'm in the mood" Julian said frowning.

"Great! Let's go to the park! You clearly need some air!" Desiree said smiling.

"Or we could go to the beach" I suggested.

"Ugh, fine. We'll go to the park. But, I need two promises" Julian said.

"What are they?" Brendan asked.

"First one. Will you guys shut up?" Julian asked.

"Yeah, sure!" Lauren said smiling.

"Good. Second one... can we be back by eight? I've made... a commitment" Julian said.

"You're going to see your boo, aren't you?" Natalie asked smiling.

"...Maybe" Julian said as he formed a smile.

I started getting texts from Devon.

Devon
Hey, Kai! I wanna
see you. Wanna go
out later?
Read 3:32 pm

Kai
Hey Devon!  I'd
love to! I wanted
to talk to you anyway
what time did you
wanna head out?
Read 3:35 pm

Devon
I was thinking
around 5?
Read 3:36 pm

Kai
I'm heading out with
my roommates in a few.
But definitely after
8 if you want!
Read: 3:39 pm

Devon
Yeah, sure!
Just text me when
you're ready!
Read 3:41 pm

Kai
Kk! See you  later
love!
Read 3:42 pm

That was Devon asking me to head out with him later. We're heading to Balboa Park to help Julian get some fresh air, but I promised him we can head out after 8. I'm kinda glad he asked me to head out with him because I have some feelings I need to confess...

An hour later, we took Julian to Balboa Park to try and get him out of his moodiness, but nothing seems to work.

Julian's POV

I'm at Balboa Park with my roommates, and I really don't wanna be here, but my roommates dragged me out here.

"Come on Julian! You need to calm down! This isn't even official yet!" Natalie said frowning.

"We're not letting you go, and I put that shit on everything" Kai said angrily.

I got scared because I've never seen Kai on this angry side, and it seems pretty serious.

"Wow, Kai... remind me not to get on your bad side..." I said.

"Kai, you don't have to scare him, jeez" Desiree said.

"Sorry, Julian. I just... care about you... a lot" Kai said frowning.

"Aww, Kai. It's okay. It actually kinda helped" I said as I formed a smile.

"Glad I could help" Kai said smiling.

"So LETS GO HAVE SOME FUN!" Lauren said smiling.

"Yeah!" We said as we all screamed in excitement.

We went around the park, exploring the attractions there for hours, and as promised, they brought me back to campus on time. It's about five minutes til 8, so as soon as we got there, I headed over to TJ's.

"I'll see you later, guys. I'm gonna head over to TJ's" I said smiling.

"Later, Jules!" Desiree said smiling.

Shortly, I got to TJ's and I knocked on the door. TJ came and answered the door.

"Hey, cutie" TJ said smiling.

"Hey, babe!" I said smiling.

I walked in past TJ, and after he closed the door, he wrapped his arms around my waist, standing close behind me.

"How was your day, baby?" TJ asked smiling.

"It was alright" I said smiling.

"That's good" TJ said smiling.

TJ pulled away, and stepped around me to give me a kiss.

"Oh Julian. It sucks that you might have to leave" TJ said frowning.

TJ grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to hug me.

"I really don't want you to..." TJ said frowning.

"Hopefully I won't have to, if Lauren's plan works tomorrow" I said as I pulled away from his embrace.

"...Let's go to my room" TJ said smiling.

We went over to TJ's room, and we started to get freaky since it might be our last time together.

Kai's POV

I sent Devon a text since it's after 8, and I'm ready to head out with him. He said he'll be here to get me in five. So I'm out in the living room of our dorm with Brendan and the girls.

"So, I think we did a great job cheering up Julian today" Lauren said smiling.

"I think so too!" I said smiling.

We all started to giggle.

"Yo, if Julian leaves, that's too bad. He was the best roommate ever" Brendan said.

"I know right?" Desiree asked smiling.

Shortly, there was a knock on the door. It must be Devon. But when I was about to get up and answer the door, Desiree was already over there opening the door.

"Oh, hi!" Desiree said smiling as she answered the door.

"Hey" Devon said smiling.

"You're looking for Kai, aren't you?" Desiree asked smiling.

"Yeah. We're supposed to be going out tonight. Is he here?" Devon asked smiling.

"Yeah, he's right here! Come on in!" Desiree said smiling.

Devon walked past Desiree and saw me on the couch next to Natalie.

"Hey, Kai!" Devon said smiling.

"Hey, Devon!" I said smiling as I got up.

Devon wrapped me into a hug, and I hugged him back. Then he pulled away.

"You ready to head out? I have awesome plans for us!" Devon said smiling.

"Yeah, sure! I'm excited!" I said smiling.

"Let's go!" Devon said smiling.

"Bye Kai!" Natalie and Brendan said smiling as they waved at me.

"See you later, Kai!" Desiree said smiling.

"Have fun, guys!" Lauren said smiling.

Devon and I headed out of the door, and I don't know what he has planned, but boy I sure am excited.

TJ's POV

As I got freaky with Julian, I trailed kisses down his body, and he started to moan.

"Oh TJ!...Oh yes! Yes! Oh yeah... yes! Yes!" Julian said as he moaned with passion.

"You like that?" I asked smiling.

Julian screamed loudly.

"God, I love you, TJ!" Julian said smiling.

Moments later, we both got exhausted, and I climbed off of Julian, and laid down next to him, breathing hard. Julian turned to his side to look at me.

"TJ..." Julian said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"If I have to leave... just know... that you'll always be my king" Julian said smiling.

"Aww thanks, Julian! You'll always be my number one" I said smiling.

There was a short silence as Julian laid his head on my chest.

"I'm sure gonna miss the way you touch me" Julian said smiling.

"I'm gonna miss cuddling with you" I said smiling.

There was another short silence.

"I love you, Julian" I said smiling.

I noticed Julian didn't respond to me, so I tilted my head up, and noticed he already fell asleep. I giggled, and laid back down, with my hands behind my neck. I took my right hand and slid it down his cheek. Then I fell asleep shortly after.

Devon's POV

So, I decided to take Kai out to In-N-Out for a meal. We ordered our food, and after it finished, we sat down to eat.

"So, Kai! I'm so glad you were able to come out with me! I have some things I wanted to talk to you about" I said smiling.

"I had some things to get off my chest too!" Kai said smiling.

"Oh okay! You first..." I said smiling.

"No you" Kai said smiling.

"Okay, so I wanted to talk to you about our last date. What did you think?" I asked smiling.

"It was a great night out! I had a lot of fun!" Kai asked smiling.

"That's good! I enjoyed it too!" I said smiling.

There was a short silence as we continued eating our food.

"So, Kai... we've been spending a lot of time together, and I'm really feeling your vibe" I said smiling.

"Aww thanks, Devon" Kai said smiling.

"You're welcome. Now, what did you want to say?" I asked smiling.

"Oh right... So, we have been spending a lot of time together, and I really enjoy your company, and I've never been so happy" Kai said smiling.

"Aww" I said smiling as I tilted my head a little.

"I can honestly say that... I... I'm in love with you" Kai said smiling.

"That's so sweet, Kai! I've felt the same way ever since we first met right before the winter formal" I said smiling.

"So you love me too?" Kai asked smiling with hope.

"I do. I can say it over and over again. I love you, Kai!" I said smiling.

"So, it's official?" Kai asked smiling.

"If you want it to be... I'm down for that" I said smiling.

"I love you, Devon" Kai said smiling as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

I smiled and I looked down to see that I finished my food.

"Well, that's my cue. Are you ready to head out of here?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, let's go!" Kai said smiling.

"Good. Cause I have one more thing I wanted to do with you" I said smiling.

"Ooh! What is it?!" Kai asked excitedly.

"If I tell you, it'll ruin the surprise" I said smiling.

"Can I at least get a hint?" Kai asked.

"Nope! This is full on surprise material. Now are you ready?" I asked smiling.

"Of course! Let's go!" Kai said smiling.

I led Kai outside and I ordered another Uber, to head to our last place tonight. Don't tell Kai, but I'm taking him to a concert to see Jack Gilinsky live. I managed to get us some front row seats at a discount. Thank my mom, since she works at the Pechanga Arena here in San Diego.

We got out of the Uber, and stood outside so Kai could ask questions.

"What are we doing here?" Kai asked.

"It's our last surprise! I just texted you the other half" I said smiling.

"Front row seats to see Jack Gilinsky live?!" Kai asked smiling as he jumped up and down.

"Yup" I said smiling.

"Oh my goodness I love him! Thank you so much, baby!" Kai said smiling as he jumped onto me to hug me.

I giggled as Kai started to shower me with kisses across my cheek and my lips.

"How did you manage to get these?!" Kai asked smiling.

"My mom works here, so she can get me discounted seats at any time" I said smiling.

"Oh wow!" Kai said smiling.

"Let's head in!" I said smiling.

Brendan's POV

I'm chilling with the girls back at the house, and we are watching Lizzie McGuire on Disney Plus.

"What's a Netflix? I could watch this all day" Natalie said smiling.

"Amen! This is the perfect way to bring back our childhood!" Desiree said smiling.

"Yeah, I missed this show so much!" I said smiling.

"What time is it?" Lauren asked.

"It is... eleven thirty five!" Desiree said smiling.

"Since when are you concerned about the time, miss two in the morning is early?" I asked laughing.

"I've got plans to help Julian stay on campus. We have to be the first ones in" Lauren said smiling.

"Oh, right. What's the plan anyways?" Desiree asked smiling.

"I'm gonna make him cry his eyes out and hopefully they'll let him stay because he wants to further his education and get his degree" Lauren said smiling.

Desiree, Natalie, and I just stared in shock cause we were confused, then we just burst out laughing.

"Yo, you really think... that that's gonna work?" I asked as I continued laughing.

"Oop— well... actually... I do think it will work" Lauren said smiling.

"If it doesn't work, then I am gonna miss Julian" Desiree said frowning.

"Yeah, me too" Natalie said frowning.

"He was one of the best roommates I ever had" I said frowning.

Kai's POV

So, Devon surprised me with tickets to see Jack Gilinsky live! Jack was my baby daddy, oh my lord! But I love Devon so much for making this happen! Jack Gilinsky is singing his song No One Compares to You with his best friend, Jack Johnson.

"I'm looking at her face, and I'm seeing you-Ooh... She's sleeping on your side, what can I do-ooh..." Jack Johnson sang.

Jack Gilinsky came up to the front edge of the stage, and started singing his verse of the song. I held one arm out as I held my phone in my other hand to record, hoping he could see me.

"Every time I think I found somebody, I just wish that somebody was you... there's no way that someone else could make me ever feel the same way that you do... No one compares to you" Jack Gilinsky sang as he held my hand.

As Jack walked backwards to dance during the instrumental, I screamed over to Devon.

"I touched him! Oh my god! Devon! Thank you so much for this! And thank you for having me!" I said smiling as I jumped up and down.

"You're so cute, babe! Anything for my little care bear" Devon said smiling.

"I'm never washing this hand again!" I said smiling.

As the concert went on, it ended around midnight, and we were exhausted.

We walked back outside into the cool night air as we waited for our Uber ride back to campus.

"I love you, Devon. You're the best guy I know" I said smiling.

"Aww, I love you too, cutie pie" Devon said smiling.

We shared an intimate kiss for a moment, then our Uber ride showed up.

When we got back to campus, Devon walked me back to my room.

"I've had such a great time tonight with you, Devon. Thanks for walking me back" I said smiling.

"No problem, babe" Devon said smiling.

"Do you wanna stay over?" I asked smiling.

"Oh, I don't wanna burden you guys. Plus I have my own room" Devon said.

"Aww okay. See you tomorrow? I could use the company" I said smiling.

"Yeah, sure!" Devon said smiling.

"See you, Devon" I said as I formed a smile.

"Night, Kai" Devon said smiling.

Devon leaned in to kiss me, and I cupped his cheeks in my hands as he held me close by my hips. He pulled away and linked his hands in mine.

"See you tomorrow, my love... it feels so good to say that" Devon said smiling.

"You're so adorable! I'll see you tomorrow" I said smiling.

Devon walked off and I headed inside the house, and saw Brendan and the girls watching TV.

"Hey, Kai! How was your date?!" Lauren asked smiling.

"Two words... best, night, ever... oh wait- that's three words" I said smiling.

"What did you do?!" Natalie asked smiling.

"We went to In-N-Out, and then he surprised me with tickets to a Jack Gilinsky concert. He touched me and everything" I said smiling.

"You touched Jack Gilinsky?!" Desiree asked smiling.

"Wanna see the receipts?" I asked smiling.

"Of course!" Lauren said smiling.

I sat down on the floor next to Desiree and showed them my videos at the concert.

The next morning...

Julian's POV

The next morning, I woke up after a passionate and refreshing night, and TJ was already awake caressing my body.

"Good morning, cutie" TJ said smiling.

"Morning TJ!" I said smiling.

TJ sat up and gave me a kiss, then I checked my phone. I saw three missed calls from Lauren.

"Three missed calls from Lauren? Oh god, I have to call her back" I said.

"Ok" TJ said smiling.

I dialed Lauren, and she picked up.

"Julian! Where are you?! We're supposed to head to the financial aid office!" Lauren said.

"Oh snap! I forgot! I'm on the way!" I said as I started to panic.

"Hurry!" Lauren said smiling.

Lauren hung up, and I rushed to put my clothes on.

"Is everything okay, babe?" TJ asked me.

"Yeah, I just forgot that I was supposed to head to the financial aid office with Lauren right now" I said as I put my clothes on.

"Oh, okay. Are you sure you don't want me to come?" I asked frowning.

"Yeah, I'm sure" I said as I finished putting n the last of my clothes.

"Okay baby. I love you" TJ said smiling.

"Love you too" I said smiling.

I rushed out to meet Lauren back at the room, so we could head over together. We arrived to the financial aid office, to meet with Mrs. Twombly, the financial aid director.

"Hello, children! How may I assist you today?" Mrs. Twombly said cheerfully.

"Hi! My friend here is broke, and he can't pay for his tuition and he needs to further his education so he could become a successful writer and change people's lives" Lauren said frowning.

I looked at Lauren angrily, and she looked back at me, and mouthed something over to me.

"What? Go with it!" Lauren mouthed over to me.

Lauren looked back over to Mrs. Twombly.

"Is there anything he can do?" Lauren asked.

"Is there anything special about you?" Mrs. Twombly asked me.

"I'm... desperate" I said frowning.

"Is that a good thing?" Mrs. Twombly asked frowning.

"Uh... yes?" I asked nervously.

"Hm... well unfortunately all of our scholarships have been awarded" Mrs. Twombly said.

"Is there anything else I can do? I really enjoy this campus and I believe I can have a future here" I said frowning.

"Well, there is one thing... It pays for your tuition and room and board, but I'm not sure you'll like it" Mrs. Twombly said frowning.

"He'll take it! Thank you!" Lauren said smiling.

I looked at Lauren again with anger, and she forced a smile to my face.

"Alright, I will let him know that he has someone applying for his position. Here's his office location" Mrs. Twombly said smiling as she wrote his office location on a piece of paper.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

"Good luck!... You'll need it" Mrs. Twombly said smiling as she formed a frown.

Lauren and I left the office, feeling nervous but accomplished because I found a way to stay on campus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 11.5K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...
191 10 15
I wanted more of what has already been experienced. I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to hear more about him. I wanted to see more of him.
31.8K 828 20
Erik adores his boyfriend more than life itself. After all, who's going to kiss all his scars and pray for him?
98.2K 2.6K 22
When Tweek and Craig decided to pretend date, sure it was weird in the beginning, but Tweek loved that he gained a best friend. A friend who help him...