Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
What I am capable of
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Learning
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Relief
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Progress
Understanding
Next Level
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

The Inventor

17.2K 347 296
By Hexcss

In Dan's dojo, the sound of kicks and hits could be heard. Inside, Dan dodged a punch from Izuku and then grabbed Izuku's arm and brought him down to the floor. Dan then twisted his arm and put it behind his arm, and then he put his foot in between his arm and his back and pressed forwards. Izuku then tapped the floor, and Dan let go of him.

Dan: You are getting better; if you keep up with your training, you will surpass me in no time.

Izuku: Thanks, though I am a bit sad this training will go to waste.

Dan: Nonsense! You don't know when it will come in handy; also, the values you learned are ones you will not forget easily.

Izuku: Guess you are right in that, thanks for everything you have taught me.

Dan: The pleasure is mine; also today is the day of the exam, right?

Izuku: Indeed!

Dan: Then make sure to presentable okay? The first impression you give can speak volumes about you.

Izuku: Right! Thanks for the advice! I'll get going! See you later!

Dan: Stay safe! And don't go too crazy on your inventions!

Izuku: Right, right!

Izuku left the dojo and went back to his house. Izuku had gotten pretty accustomed to his mask and prosthetic at this point. His prosthetic was advanced, but it still wasn't like an average arm; for example, he can't really write using his prosthetic, so he had to learn how to write using his other hand. This process was made easier thanks to Dan, who contacted a tutor so Izuku could learn to write using his left hand, his handwriting was still somewhat messy. It was much better than when he had started, so he could now develop plans and sketches for future inventions, and he was sure his latest innovation would leave the astonished.

Izuku made his way to the Yagi house and took a bath and then ate his breakfast. Izumi meanwhile was a bit of a mess as she hadn't calculated her time right and was running a bit late. Since Izuku had refused to accept One for All, Izumi became the new holder of it. Izumi spent her days practicing how to use it, and thanks to the boost her quirk gave her, she could use 10% of One for All.

Izuku stood by the door, waiting for the mess that was Izumi to finally get her things together. Izuku was only waiting for her because Toshinori and Inko said they could go together, or they would go with him to make sure nothing happened. Izuku knew that was BS as he had been going alone for the past months to Dan's dojo, but he knew they were being serious, and they wanted him to spend time with her. Izumi agreed as she was a slightly better option, considering he had mastered the art of ignoring her, and Izumi was less obnoxious then either of his parents.

Izuku saw as Izumi approached him in the door.

Izumi: S-sorry! I had a few issues...

Izuku: Tsk, whatever.

Izuku opened the door, and they went on their merry way. Izuku being the master of social distancing that he was, he stood 6 feet apart from Izumi. He had his sketchbook with him and used it as an excuse to not talk to her, and though he looked concentrated and occasionally took out his pen and looked like he had scribbled things, in reality, it was just an act.

Izumi was holding back her urge to speak to him, she really wanted to, she tried to talk to him like the old times before her idiot self began to bully him. She tried to make things right, but she wasn't so sure how to. Finally, she mustered her courage.

Izumi: He-

Shota: Izumiii!

Izumi turned and saw her group of friends coming towards her. Izuku also noticed this and stood back as to not have any contact with them. Shota, who was running ahead, saw Izuku a bit further back from where Izumi was and how we looked to be concentrated in a notebook he had.

Shota felt an urge to go to him and apologize to him for never having the courage to intervene. She wanted to do it right then and there, but, from what Izumi had told her, she knew that wasn't the best idea, as she didn't know how he would react. So she swallowed those desires.

Shota: H-hey Izumi...

Bakugo and Shoto had caught up at this point.

Shoto: Hello.

Bakugo: Sup.

Izumi: Hey, guys! -she said as she smiled - are you ready for the exam?

Bakugo: You bet your ass, I'm right!

Shoto: Bakugo, have more respect, she is still a lady.

Bakugo: I'll say what I want you half n half bastard!

Shota: I've been training hard for this day!

Izumi: Yeah! Me too!

Shota: H-hey... One question... Your brother... Is he...

Izumi: No, he will take the exam for the support course.

Shota: I-I see...

Bakugo: So much for being a hero.

Shoto: Bakugo... At least, in the end, it was his decision, and we had nothing to do with it.

Izumi: Y-yeah... -Izumi felt uncomfortable as she knew Izuku was hearing, but he chose to ignore them- hey, it's getting late!

Shota: You are right; come on, let's go!

The group of friends left, Izuku trailing not so far behind but keeping his distance.

As Izuku reached UA and entered, he was indeed marveled by sight, but he was then had his attention drawn to Izumi as she almost fell and was saved by a brown-haired girl with a mushroom-style hair cut. Izuku snickered a bit when he saw Izumi falling. Izuku, as he saw them chatting, decided to walk past them to go to his examination area.

As he walked by them, Uraraka noticed him and turned to look at him. Izumi noticed it.

Izumi: That's my brother, by the way.

Uraraka: Wait, really?!

Izumi: Yes, but he is going to the support course.

Uraraka: Oh wow, he looks cool with that mask and arm! But what happened to him?

Izumi: W-well... He had an accident and had to get a prosthetic and a respirator, he later built those himself.

Uraraka: Huh?! Really?! If that's the case, then he will ace that exam.

Izumi: I know he will...

In the exam zone, there was a row of seats with many people, and in the end, there was a door.

Izuku sat down in the chair next to the person who was last and waited. He then felt as all his senses activated, indicated an incoming danger. It was like a sixth sense he had developed due to Dan's training like that feeling you get that someone is watching you. He opened his eyes and was greeted by a girl with pink hair and yellow eyes too close for comfort to his face.

Izuku: Can I help you?

Hatsume: Hey, hey! Tell me! - she poked his mask- I have never seen anything like that, those it actually work?! - she then grabbed his robotic arm - and this arm! I have never seen anything like this! Where did you get this?!

Izuku: Do you know the concept of personal space?

Hatsume: Tell me, tell me, please!

Izuku: 'She didn't listen...' Look, if you promise to calm down and sit in your chair, I will explain it to you.

Hatsume quickly sat down in her chair.

Hatsume: Okay.

Izuku: 'That was quick' You see, you won't see this anywhere around because they are of my own design.

Hatsume: Eh?! So you made them! That is so awesome!

Izuku: T-thanks...

Hatsume: You must be someone really talented! What is your quirk?!

Izuku: Well... You see... I don't have a quirk...

Hatsume: Eh?! So you made all of this without a quirk?! So cool?! Your skill must be on a whole other level then! Finally, a worthy rival!

Izuku: 'So this girl... Didn't care me being quirkless... Well, that is a nice change of things...'

Hatsume: My name is Mei Hatsume! I'm looking forwards to working with you!

Izuku: My name is Izuku Midoriya, likewise.

Izuku and Hatsume continued chatting for a while about inventions. Many of the new technologies, something Izuku, found interesting, to say the least, was how Hatsume spoke of her creations as her "babies." They continued to talk until suddenly the door at the end opened and a teacher walked out.

Power Loader: Hello! My name is Power Loader, I will be the teacher to evaluate you. I hope you all brought the sketches for your inventions as we told you to. We will go by order of arrival here, you will go to the room, and you will have 30 minutes to build your invention. We will evaluate the time, how well it was made, and, of course, if it works or not, we will also consider creativity. You will have all the materials you can possibly need inside, so don't worry about that. Now then let's begin.

The applicants began to go one by one into the room. After what felt like an eternity it was finally Izuku's turn. He stood and went to the door. Inside there were all kinds of materials. It was like a giant workshop.

Power Loader: Now then, Mr. Midoriya, show me what you can do.

Izuku immediately went to work. He had already built it once thanks to Dan getting him the materials, so he was sure it would work, and Izuku now knew how to do it well, so he sped up the process.

Power Loader was surprised by the speed Izuku was building whatever he was doing.

Power Loader: 'Building at that speed, he is either nervous or know damn well what he is doing.'

Finally, after 25 minutes passed, he finished, and he showed it to Power Loader.

Power Loader: What is this?

Izuku: A Zero-point reactor.

Power Loader: Zero-point?! But that is just theoretical science!

Izuku: Was theoretical science. You can test it later and see I'm not lying, well then I guess I'm done right.

Power Loader: Y-yes, you may go... You will receive a letter in a week with your results...

Izuku: Thank you very much.

With that, Izuku left the room, it was now Mei's turn, and when she passed, she gave him a thumbs-up, and Izuku did the same.

Izuku then walked off to UA's entrance. There he saw Izumi standing, waiting for him. As Izuku reached her, they both began walking.

Izumi: So, umm... How was your exam? Do you think you passed?

Izuku didn't want to speak to her, but he was in a good mood after the exam and meet Mei.

Izuku: Most certain...

Izumi widened her eyes that he actually talked back.

Izumi: I'm glad! I knew you would do it!

Izuku: Yeah yeah, whatever.

And with that, they both walked back to their houses, waiting for the news that will change their lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 5.5K 43
Fuyumi Todoroki, the oldest and only sister to Shoto Todoroki. Y/N Midoriya, the oldest son to Inko and Hisashi Midoriya. Along with that, he's also...
164K 9.2K 31
(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them. so much so, his dream was to one day be...
94.5K 2.1K 14
Izuku midoriya was born with a quirk, fit for a villain. Nothing like his mothers or fathers. When his quirk manifested, he lost control and killed p...
769 25 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...