The Only String Attached

By delicate_pearl

Life always gives a second chance for true lovers. Here Bela also got a second chance to express her love for... More

Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
BONUS CHAPTER
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
IMPORTANT
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
INTERVIEW
38
39
40
41
42
AWARDS
New Story
BACK AGAIN

3

10K 624 84
By delicate_pearl

BELA

"I WILL MARRY BELA", said Mahir and for one second my heart skipped one beat out of 72 beats. I stiffened at my position carrying Mahira and I din't realize when everyone came inside the room. I forgot the world around me when I was feeding Mahira. And now Mahir gave the biggest shock of my life. He is making the impossible as possible. Should I be happy that he is ready to marry me or should I be sad that he is marrying me because of Mahira. But whatever it is it's time to fulfill my sister's wish.

I was about to talk but before I could start Mahir said,"I wan't a simple court marriage", looking at me.

I am ok with a simple court marriage but my dad was not happy about it. I know he loves me and want's my wedding to be grand. But the situation is not good and correct right now.

"Uncle, send Bela's laguagge to my house by today evening ", said Mahir directly staring into my soul.

I din't meet his gaze and took Mahira to the balcony with me.

"Dad, I will apply for a transfer and a leave for 1 year 6 months", I told my dad.

"But beta, transfer is ok but leave for 1 and a half year"?asked my dad.

"I know dad, but Mahira needs both me and Mahir, I can't put her responsibility alone on Mahir", I explained dad.

"But beta, this is your dream job, do you think they will give you a long leave"?asked my dad.

"It's ok dad, I will apply for work from home instead of a leave", I assured my dad.

He patted my cheeks and said,"Bela don't forget about your life while focussing on Mahira's", said my dad.

"Don't worry dad, I will take care of myself", I said and handed Mahira to him so that I can make a call to my office and inform them about this matter.

As expected my office people agreed to my request and granted me work from home leave and I informed my friend who stays with me in London.

"Tomorrow is a big day", I said to my self and headed towards the hall.

MAHIR

As expected she agreed to marry me and she informed to her office people about it.

Tomorrow I'm going to get married again. It's been just a day I lost my love and I'm here getting ready to marry her sister. I think god loves to see my heart aching all the time. Silly god. I removed my phone from my pocket and started to talk to Bani's picture.

"Bani,why did you take that promise from me"? You know I can't live without you and knowing that you left me alone?"and I started sniffing again.

"I'm going to marry Bela tomorrow as per your wish Bani, but I can't see her as my wife, she was my best friend and how can I see her like my wife tomorrow"?I asked to Bani's picture in my hand.

"I promise I will take care of our daughter with all the love and care", I gave a small smile to my Bani.

"Tomorrow is a big day", I said to myself and headed towards our room.

BELA

Today I'm getting married. I'm getting married to the love of my life. But it's giving me more pain than happiness. I will pray to god that if I have another life I would love to be Mahir's first love. And now Mahira is my daughter. No can separate me from her, not even Mahir. I felt a motherly connection with her as soon as I took her in my arms for the first time. Maybe I was destined to be her mother in this way.

Mahir filled my hair partition and tied the mangalsutr around my neck without looking at me. I am his wife now legally. But we are connected only through Mahira. She is the only string attached now. I've cut all the strings with him before two years and departed from his life. But now he attached a string between us. I never expected my like to turn out like this. Becoming mother to my sister's baby and wife to sister's husband. Now we were heading back to Mahir's home which is also my home from now.

I still remember my first encounter with Mahir during our collage days.

It was my first day in my collage. I'm studying interior designing and I'm in my second year. I was studying in Banglore but dad and di were not able to live so far from me and asked me to shift to this collage. Everyone must be thinking how I got an admission at a mid year? That's because my dad is one of the trustee in this collage and it was easy for me to get an admission at the mid year.

I lost my way while searching for my sister. This is a very big campus and I can't find my sister. She is in her final year of business studies. I was searching for her and suddenly a group of boys called me.

"Hey girl, you are new to this collage"?asked those boys.

"Hmm yaa, I am new to his collage and I lost my way searching for my sister", I said.

"Oh ok, as you know this is your first day, and according to our student rules we seniors can have our ways on your first day", said one boy with a mischievous look.

"OK so is it called ragging?", I asked.

"Hmm not exactly but you have to obey our rules, is it clear"?they asked.

"Ok, go for it", I said confidently.

"Good girl. Now listen, there is a man standing turning to the other side. You just have to go and give a nice kick on that man's ass", said that gang while laughing.

Ok now this is going to be fun I thought but felt bad in advance for that guy. I agreed to them and made my way towards that man. I closed my eyes and I kicked him with all my force, but I felt something differnt and opened my eyes immediately. I saw a six feet man wincing in pain while catching his balls. I closed my mouth with my hands with fear and that man facing the other side turned around.

"Hey Vyom,  man what is this you got your balls kicked by a girl," said that man and started laughing.

"Shut up Mahir, idiot I saved you from her kick and you are laughing at me"?said Vyom.

Ok so his name is Mahir, and he looks so good I felt.

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry about it. I din't do it intentionally , those guys over there asked me to do so", I said with pleading eyes.

"By the way it was a good kick, you got a lot of strength in you", said Vyom while wincing in pain.

I and Mahir laughed out loudly and he was looking at me.

"I'm so sorry to hurt you", I said.

"It's ok, but don't kick any boy even by mistake in future like this. Or else they will die out of the worst case of blue balls", said Vyom while chuckling.

We three burst out into laughter and suddenly Mahir gazed me.

"You new here"?asked Mahir.

"Yaa , I am new and I lost my way while searching for my sister", I replied.

"Oh your sister, what's her name"?he asked.

"Bani Sharma", I said

"Oh you are Bani's sister"?asked Mahir with a little confusion.

"Umm.. ya I am", I replied and saw my sister coming towards me.

"Oh Bela, where were you, I've been searching for you", she said.

"Di, this is a huge campus. I lost my way and did something bad", I said while me and Mahir chuckling.

"What did you do"?asked my sister and I burst out laughing.

Mahir told my sister what happened and we all started laughing in unison. I guess she knows Mahir and Vyom.

"Oh ya, Bela this is Mahir and he is Vyom", said my sister while introducing them to me.

"Bela, nice name", said Mahir.

"Thank you", I replied.

"Ok Bela, you are getting late to your class, we will meet you in the evening at the cafeteria,ok"?asked my sister.

"Ok di, I will meet you in the evening", I said and she wished me best of luck giving me a warm hug.

"All the very best Bela Sharma", said Mahir surprising me.

"Thank you", and I gave smile to him and headed towards my class.

After completing my class, I went to the cafeteria and I was waiting for my sister and her friends. Vish is my childhood friend and she is also studying in the same collage.  But she din't come today knowing that it's my first day! Bitch! I was waiting for her the whole day and she din't make an entry yet.

I was working on my mac book and thought of getting a milkshake for myself. I went and placed my order. I was returning back to my place while texting Vish and suddenly I bumped into someone. Oh my poor chocolate milkshake is all over that man's shoes.

"Eyes on the way while walking young lady", said that man.

"I'm so so sorry, my mistake", I said with my puppy eyes.

"It's ok but you spilled your chocolate shake on my favourite shoes", he said looking at his shoes.

"I'm sorry, I din't do it on purpose", I said with puppy eyes.

"Hey, it's ok. Don't start crying ok. Just give me my compensation", he said.

"Compensation"?I asked him with a questioning look.

"Nothing just buy me also a chocolate milkshake"?he asked.

"Oh ya that's fine, you get cleaned up yourself I will get our order", I said and walked to place our order.

And now he was back with neat and clean shoes. I gave him his milkshake and apologized once again.

"By the way I'm Yuvraj Sehgal, you can call me Yuvi", he said while forwarding his hand.

"I'm Bela Sharma, and call me Bela", I said while forwarding my hand.

"You new to the collage"? Yuvi asked.

"Yes, I am new to this collage and doing my second year in interior designing ", I replied

"Oh, that's great", he said while having his milkshake.

"Which branch are you studying in"?I asked.

"I'm in my second year of my business studies and I've been practising the whole day today", he said releasing a breath of a sigh.

"Practising"? I asked with a doubt.

"Oh ya that, I've been practising for my concert which is going to be on the cultural fest day", he replied.

"That's cool man. I would love to see your concert that day", I said while giving a warm smile.

"Sure sure, you are most welcome", he said bowing his head infront of me.

I was giggling and I heard that voice again

"Are we also invited to that concert"?asked Mahir while taking his seat beside Yuvi.

"Ofcourse bhai, you are most welcome",said Yuvi.

"Bhai"?,I said out loud in confusion.

"Oh haa Bela, meet my brother Mahir Sehgal", said Yuvi.

"Oh my little brother I already met Bela in the morning and you are late monkey", said Mahir while ruffling his hair.

"Oh so you both are brother's"!I said.

"Yes Bela, my parents and I saw Yuvi near a orphanage and brought him", said Mahir while chuckling.

"So funny Mahir bhai", said Yuvi while faking a smile.

I started chuckling. By the way how do they know about my arrival I thought and mean while Bani di and Vyom came and took their seats around me.

"And Yuvi, where was your phone? I was calling you since morning, no message no phone, you were that busy with your pataka"?asked Mahir while hiding his laugh and I looked at Vyom and di, they too were trying to hide their smile.

"Bhai don't call her partaka again, you know na she doesn't like it when you call her like that", said Yuvi while making faces.

"By the way who is that pataka", I asked Yuvi while smirking.

"My girlfriend", said Yuvi proudly.

Everyone started hooting for him.

"By the way what is your pataka name"?I asked giggling.

"Bela, not you too", said Yuvi glaring.

"Ok ..Ok I'm sorry, my back", I said while giggling.

And suddenly I felt two hands covering my eyes. I touched those hands and I recognised them very well.

"Vish", I shouted loudly gaining everyone's attention.

"Bela, how are you my baby"?asked Vish still hugging me.

"I'm fine, but where were you today"? You know na it's my first day here and I was waiting for the whole day", I said in one go.

"Actually Bela.. I.. I was a little busy in the cultural fest preparations... so I forgot about you", said Vish stammering while stealing glances from Yuvi.

"Ya, I know where Vish was Bela", said Mahir surprising me.

"A guitar in Vish's lap, Vish in Yuvi's lap.. Oh what a lovely picture", said Vyom while Vish and Yuvi's eyes went wide in a shock.

Vyom showed us the picture in which Vish was sitting on Yuvi's lap while playing the guitar and Yuvi was kissing on her forehead.

Aww.. they both look so cute I thought.

"Oh so you are that pataka", I said while narrowing my eyes towards Vish.

"Who called me again pataka"?said Vish with an angry face. Ohk now she is really angry.

I glanced at Mahir and he was pleading me not to tell her with his eyes. I was hiding my laugh looking at him.

"You are a genius Mahir,  how do you know that pataka suits Vish"? I said while giggling.

"Mahir you are so dead today", said Vish while going close to him. I took a step back from there knowing next what is going to happen.

"Vish I owe you some other day but today someone is so dead", Mahir said while looking at me and I started running from there.

He was chasing me and I was running far from him and finally stood behind my sister controlling my laughter.

"Bani you move aside, your sister is too mischievous", said Mahir while glaring at me.

"Mahir, are you both kids"? Leave it na",said my di while muffling her laugh.

"It's not over yet Bela",said Mahir while looking at me and I showed my tounge to him.

He smiled and said,"You are cute".

Ok I dint expect this but I liked it.

"Ok guys see you tomorrow,I need to leave. My driver must be waiting", I said while gathering my things.

"Bela, dad just called me and told that car has gone for servicing and asked us to come by public tramsport". And by the way it will take two more hours for me, you know I'm organizing the fest so...", said my di.

"It's ok di, I will go by my own. You take care of yourself", I said while waving my hands at others.

"Vish, let's catch up later, you continue your practise with your pataka", I said while earning a glare from her.

"Bye everyone", I said and started to move but someone held my hand from behind. It was Mahir. I looked at him and around. Only we both were left there.

"I'm also going to the same area where your house is.. so I can drop you ", said Mahir.

"It's ok, you can trust me", said Mahir.

"No no .. I dint mean that, you can drop me", I said looking at him.

"Cool then, you wait here I will get my bike", said Mahir and left.

I was literally gawking at him, he was looking so good. I felt attracted to him.

"Come",said Mahir while wearing his shades.

"Bela,if anyone disturbs you in collage you can tell me, no one will disturb you after knowing that you are my friend", said Mahir.

"And why that so"?I questioned him.

"Because my dad is also a trustee for this collage and no one dares to talk rude to me or my friends", said Mahir.

"Ooh ok, you look like quite possessive ", I said while chuckling.

"I am", he said winking from the side mirror.
I smiled at his antiques.

"Ok Bela, see you tomorrow in collage", said Mahir after dropping me infront of my home.

"Ya, see you good night Mahir ", I said.

"Good night Bela, by the way your name suits your personality alot", said Mahir while winking at me.

"Ok...thanks for the compliment", I said while blushing.

"Ok bye Bela,  see you tomorrow ", telling that he left.

I was still standing there like a dumb. I  never had an instant liking on anyone. But this man is something different. Maybe it's just an attraction I thought, but I was feeling heavy in my heart when he was leaving. I shrugged off his thoughts and went inside.

I came into my senses when Mahira started crying. I took her in my arms and started cooing her. I tried to feed her but as usual she always cries for five minutes and then starts drinking milk. Maybe because it was a bottle feed. Soon she started to drift into sleep.

I was working on my system and Mahir came inside. His eyes were swollen.

"I'm going out for couple of hours, take care of Mahira and lock the door properly", saying so Mahir left giving a peck on her forehead.

___________________
Hello guys, I am on top of the world right now. The response I'm getting from you people is just overwhelming to me.
Thank you so much guys, my story crossed 800+reads and I'm still waiting for 100+votes.

Ok to avoid confusion, the flashback will be in a different font and present will be in a normal font.
And trust me guys the story will get more interesting from now.

I request all the silent readers to press the star button for me. Please it's a humble request. It takes a lot of time and energy while writing a story.

Vote, comment and share
Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 9.6K 41
What happens when Bela and Mahir marries eachother for there family reputation? Can they love after marriage or will they just be like friends? As th...
25.8K 2.5K 12
A cute BeHir story with no twists and turns.. Being an introvert and a reserved person Bela din't even wanted to fall in love, she was waiting for he...
41.9K 6.2K 39
Mahir comes back from london with his girlfriend shocking his cousin, Ruhi who has a secret crush on him. Her friend bela tries to bring mahir and ru...
35K 3.5K 17
The Love story of two different soul Mahir(PearlvPuri) and Bela(Surbhi Jyoti) who stranger for each other. They never met but there is a bond between...