Silver Hearts | Sakusa Kiyoomi

By omikiku

After spending most of her childhood in America for 6 years, (Y/N) finally returns to Japan. It has been a lo... More

discontinued...?
ยซ prologue ยป
1 | reunion of two souls
2 | star of the school
3 | grand entrance
4 | the blooming of wisteria
5 | kantou tournament I
6 | kantou tournament II
7 | golden voice I
8 | golden voice II
9 | sleepyhead
10 | invincible
11 | preparation
special | code r
13 | rice porridge
14 | an unpleasant encounter
15 | king of the court
16 | fresh new day
17 | disinfectant
18 | good times
19 | feeling alive
special | turtle? tortoise?
20 | ground zero
21 | destiny and fate
22 | ephemeral
23 | black beast
24 | perfect time
25 | flaws
26 | a beautiful world
27 | weasels vs fox
28 | give me a purpose
29 | awaken
30 | only her
31 | kronen
32 | dry flower
33 | moon of dawn
34 | polaris
35 | sea of clouds
36 | lionheart
37 | my salvation
38 | dead eyes
39 | sparkling starlights
40 | paper hearts
41 | bittersweet

12 | court conqueror

9.4K 393 363
By omikiku

The sound of chatter slowly faded as Sakusa and (Y/N) walked further and further away.

"I think we lost him," Sakusa released his grasp around (Y/N)'s hand.

"What was that for, Kiyo?" (Y/N) looked around to see a lot fewer people around them. "Also, who are you talking about?"

"I don't like you talking with that Aiden guy."

"It's Aiken, and why not? There's nothing wrong with him, just a friendly guy who helped me."

(Y/N) could feel a smile creeping onto her face when an idea popped into her head. "Don't tell me... you're jealous?"

Sakusa furrowed his brows. "Why would I be jealous?"

(Y/N) just smirked and patted him on the shoulder before walking away. "I think it's time for our next match."

After she walked away from Sakusa's sight, she could feel her face beginning to heat up. It took all of her strength not to get flustered in front of him.

"He's just a friend. He's just a friend...." Thoughts ran through her mind as she walked back to the main arena. "Just a friend that's looking out for her."

The feeling of his hands still lingered on her hand. It was unexpectedly smooth and soft, devoid of any impurities. The warmth of his hands overtaking her cold ones remained in her head. She was definitely going insane.

Sakusa was still standing in the same spot and was looking back to what he just did. Did he go too far? But if he did, (Y/N) would've told him already. He was confused. She just left with a smirk and pat. What was that supposed to mean?

He looked at the clock on the wall nearby. His match was just about to start. Sakusa lightly sighed before making his way towards the courts. It was unusual to be caught up by his thoughts, especially when it's about someone.

"Woah, how odd, Sakusa being late," Matsushima tittered as Sakusa glared at him.

"I had to do something, where's (Y/N)?"

"She's over there." Matsushima pointed to the side where she was cheerfully talking to the captain of Nekoma.

"I like pugs. They're cute." Kuroo had recognized (Y/N) from the Kantou Tournament and approached her. Right off the bat, they bonded from their mutual love for dogs. "You remind me of them cause of your cuteness."

"Aw, thank you." (Y/N) paid no heed to his flirtatious nature. She wasn't going to lie. It was fun to play along. At first, she thought Kuroo was a womanizer, but gradually, she could see that he was just a laid-back guy with no intention of hitting her up despite his flirtatious actions.

Meanwhile, a certain someone was silently staring at the scene that was unfolding.

"Eh? Jealous? I would have never guessed the great Sakusa would be jealous." Yoneda approached from behind Sakusa with a grin.

"No, I'm just looking out for her," Sakusa says while furrowing his brows.

"Ya know, if you keep furrowing your brows, you're gonna get wrinkles and look old like a grandpa."

"I'm not a grandpa," he grumbled and walked away. Yoneda placed his hands on his hips and smiled.

"Sakusa is jealooooousss."

• • •

(Y/N) watched in awe as Kuroo did a delay spike and earned the point for Nekoma. She shouldn't be rooting for the other team (which she wasn't), but she couldn't help but become impressed by the move.

They had solid receives and smart plays. (Y/N) had to admit, their techniques and plays made it entertaining to watch. Despite all the different plays and techniques, Itachiyama had won 2 sets in a row. Nekoma put up a strong fight, but even with all that effort, Itachiyama was still stronger.

Both teams were sweating profusely. (Y/N) had to run back and forth to change the sweat-filled towels. Itachiyama had won 2 consecutive rounds in a row, proceeding to the semi-finals. Nekoma had lost the quarter-finals against Itachiyama.

Their match was the last match of the day. All the suspense lifted off of (Y/N)'s shoulder as everyone got ready to leave. There were now four teams left with only the top two teams being able to go to Interhigh Nationals.

"Kuroo... What are you doing?" Kenma asked as Kuroo stared at the ceiling.

"I expected no less from Itachiyama..."

"What are you blabbering?"

"Even if we lost this time, we won't next time. We're going to go to nationals."

"You're thinking too far ahead, Kuroo," Kenma sighed.

"Come on! I bet the others are waiting for us." Kuroo wrapped an arm around Kenma's neck and walked off. Kenma squirmed around while Kuroo dragged him away.

• • •

The third day arrived, and the boys of Itachiyama were more than ready to face their opponents. They won the semi-finals against Akiyachi High — 25 to 22 and 25 to 20.

"Woah! We're going to the finals!" (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled.

"It's good to see you two again, (Y/N)-san, Sakusa-san." She turned around to see Akaashi and Bokuto, who was waving.

"Hey, hey, hey! (L/N)! Sakusa!" Bokuto shouted out eagerly.

"Oh, hello, Bokuto, Keiji-san!" She waved back while Sakusa remained silent and still.

"How is your mother doing?" Akaashi asked.

"Same old same."

"That's good to hear. I would just like to wish your team good luck since we're going against each other."

"Huh? You guys go to Fukurodani?!" (Y/N) confusedly looked at the two of them.

"I thought you knew, dork," Sakusa muttered. "It was pretty obvious. They even have their school name embroidered on their jackets."

"Eh? I didn't notice..."

"Sakusa, this time, I will beat you! I will take your spot and become one of the top three aces in Japan!" Bokuto declared loudly, slightly startling (Y/N).

"Huh? Yeah, okay..." Sakusa turned on his heels and walked away without another word.

"We'll be going too then. Good luck to your team, (Y/N)-san." Akaashi walked away with Bokuto, who was jumping and shouting, "hey, hey, hey!"

(Y/N) sighed before turning around to join Sakusa. After catching up with him, she could see an annoyed expression plastered across his face. "You don't like Bokuto, do you?"

"..."

"I'm going to take that as a yes since you always look irritated when he's around. I can see why you might not like him, though. I have to admit. He's quite loud and simple-minded."

Sakusa remained quiet while listening to (Y/N) speak.

"But, he's very friendly and fun to be around even though I barely know him." (Y/N) smiled and looked at Sakusa, whose expression loosened up. They remained silent as they walked back to where the rest of the team was.

The final match began between Fukurodani and Itachiyama. Itachiyama quickly took the first set, 25-23, a close match that could have possibly resulted in a loss.

(Y/N) saw that Bokuto was a strong player. He easily blasted through Itachiyama's blocks and was skilled in doing straight and cross spikes. Imagine trying to receive one of them. It made her shiver. It looked like it hurt when Komori had received his spikes.

She took notes along the way as the two teams played to become the top. Akaashi was a prominent player too, using his strategic skills to perform quick-sets for his team. The whole team of Fukurodani was talented.

Fukurodani had taken the second set, 27-25, forcing Itachiyama into playing the third and final set. (Y/N) watched as Bokuto spiked the ball off of the blocker's hand as it went flying towards Komori.

"Chance ball!" Komori passed it to Iizuna, who performed a quick-set to Sakusa, obtaining another point for Itachiyama.

The score was 24 to 22, and Itachiyama was in front. (Y/N) observed as Yoneda tried to spike through the block only to have the ball be received by the other team's libero.

Akaashi sets it to Bokuto, who rebounded the ball off the block, giving the team another chance to score. Despite that, Bokuto was met with the same wall and was forced to spike the ball off the block to the other side.

Komori passed it to Iizuna, who was contemplating who to set the ball to.

"Let's go! One more point! You can do this!" (Y/N) cupped her hands around her mouth to magnify the cheer.

Iizuna quickly decided to do a quick-set to Sakusa, who spiked past the 3-man-block. The libero tried to receive the ball only to have it flying off his arm and into the spectator's area. Spectators moved away from the ball as a player from Fukurodani ran as fast as he could to the ball.

Both teams watched as the ball quickly fell to the ground, brushing off the fingers of the player who had run after it. The whole arena was silent but then suddenly outbursted with cheers and applause.

Itachiyama had won a definite ticket to the Interhigh Nationals to represent Tokyo along with Fukurodani as the second representative.

"Arghh, I was sure we would win." Bokuto dramatically whined out.

"It's okay, Bokuto-san. We will still be able to attend Nationals," Akaashi quickly assured him.

"But I wanted to be first..."

Simultaneously, the boys of Itachiyama were celebrating with high-fives and dancing (*cough* Matsushima).

"I swear, (L/N), your words are magical." Matsushima placed both of his hands on her shoulder while staring closely into her eyes.

"Oi, let go of her." Sakusa glared at Matsushima, who had already let go of her and twirled around to bother Yoneda. Sakusa stayed emotionless while the rest of the team was cheerfully celebrating among themselves.

"Hey, hey, Kiyo! We should celebrate!" (Y/N) tugged on his sleeves. "Let's get some ramen!"

"Did someone say ramen?" Komori popped up from behind Sakusa.

"Yep! Wanna join us?"

"Sure!"

"I didn't agree to go," Sakusa grumbled and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Come on, Kiyo!" (Y/N) pouted and crossed her arms.

"No."

"Well, that leaves us no choice then... Komori, do it!"

Komori wrapped his arm around Sakusa's arm. "Get your filthy hands off my arm."

"No can do, Sakusa. (Y/N)'s order."

Sakusa wrinkled his brows and looked at (Y/N)'s now smirking face.

"I hate both of you."

• • •

As the trio walked out the arena, (Y/N) spotted Akaashi and Bokuto just ahead of them. "Keiji-san! Bokuto!"

Akaashi and Bokuto turned around to face the three. Bokuto jumped up ecstatically and ran towards them. "(L/N)! Hey!"

"Congratulations on coming first." Akaashi approached from behind Bokuto.

"We won't lose next time!" Bokuto shouted out and puffed out his cheeks.

(Y/N) quietly snicked while Sakusa rolled his eyes. "Care to join us for ramen?"

Bokuto's face lit up, and he turned to face Akaashi as if he wanted his approval. Akaashi sighed. "Sure."

"Ramen!!" Bokuto bounced away wildly ahead of them.

"I want to go home..." Sakusa muttered under his breath. "Can you let go of me now?"

"Nope! You would run away if I did," Komori grinned.

"Sorry about him, Bokuto-san can be a handful sometimes." Akaashi bowed his head.

"Don't worry! I've never seen someone so happy about ramen. It's fun to see someone so happy about it."

"Right! Let's go get some ramen now!" (Y/N) pointed in front of them and began their journey to the ramen shop.

Komori happily dragged Sakusa, who was regretting his life choices and grumbling. He paid no attention to Sakusa's grumbles and continued dragging him.

"Hurry up! I want ramen!" 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i've been procrastinating and watching bungou stray dogs, the show is like amazing. i can't believe i haven't watch it before

i didn't know that Nekoma had lost in the quarter-finals for Interhigh Prelims until now, i had to change everything ╥﹏╥

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 14.2K 34
A slow burn fanfic in which a germaphobe setter and a germaphobe ace meet each other in the All-Japan Youth Training Camp despite being in the same s...
5.4K 275 46
Sakusa kiyoomi, one of the top three highschool spikers in Japan, but.. he absolutely despises germs, he can't handle crowds or public areas all that...
530K 23.7K 31
COMPLETED โ™ก sakusa kiyoomi x fem! reader โ†ณ in which sakusa kiyoomi hid his feelings cause he didn't want to burden her. ยฉ myhugelove ACHIEVEMENTS...
293 2 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...