The Last of Sansora

Od CesiraX

Eva is the last of her kind. She is the only one alive amongst thousands of people of her kind. She doesn't e... Viac

A/N
PROLOGUE - THE IMPERFECT
THE PARTY
THE BILLIONAIRE
THE DATE
THE PROPOSAL
THE NEWS
THE KIDNAP
THE BROTHER
THE REASON
THE REALIZATION
THE POWER
THE RETURN
THE CONDITION
THE DEFIANCE
THE DECISION
THE TRIP
THE OBLIGATION
THE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE FULFILLMENT
THE GRATITUDE
THE ATTRACTION
THE TRUTH
THE KISS
THE GUESTS
THE RAGE
THE ATTACK
THE TRAGEDY
THE SACRIFICE
THE REVIVAL
THE ESCAPE
THE DEFIANCE
THE AMBUSH
THE WAR
THE DEAL
THE LOSS
THE SUSPICION
THE CHAOS
THE DEPARTURE
THE RETURN II
THE CONFESSION
THE RECOVERY
THE DISCOVERY
THE PERSUASION
THE REQUEST
THE SUPPORT
THE CUPID'S VISIT
THE LOVERS
A/N

THE RESENTMENT

38 6 5
Od CesiraX

[EVA'S POV]

I spend the next few hours in my bedroom, cutting myself, touching the injury and watching it heal with awe and fascination. And then I try to process everything Ace had said to me earlier, finding it both ridiculous and unbelievable.

But then it all comes back to me, the day I first met Hudson. He practically dragged me away from the dance floor because of the tattoo on my neck. What if he already knew about it?

I remember his words clearly: "Oh my God! There's one more of you!" What if 'one more of you' meant one more of the Sansora or whatever?

But I was so ignorant, I didn't know what was going on. And what if he went on a date with me, so that we could get into a relationship... damn what if it was all a plan?

Him proposing to me after only three months... what if Ace was right? Hudson wanted us to get married so that I could give him Sansoran children? So he didn't love me...he was using me.

No, I can't listen to Ace.

I mean, supernaturals don't even exist. Or do they? I'm a typical example. I'm a freak!

I can heal injures in a nanosecond with just a touch of my hand. I'm indestructible! Isn't that crazy? I could be an Avenger! I could save the world from pandemics and endemics. I could heal Mr. Sanchez's big fat swollen ego and quit from working at that stupid diner to become a rich miracle doctor!!!

Oh my God. What if that's why Hudson called me his doctor and... and said that I was his treatment? I thought he was being romantic, but he was being serious. He knew my capabilities all this time. And that explains the picture of him and his family wearing weird outfits in that old picture I found in Ace's room.

When everything comes together, it makes perfect sense but it's still unbelievable that Hudson Lockmore, billionaire and owner of Apexi is some sort of supernatural. Ha. He's even got a kingdom. How is that even possible? And I was even going to marry him.

I'm gonna lose my mind right now if I don't get answers or explanations or even a therapy. What would you do if you were told that your fiance was a supernatural... or you were some sort of indestructible freak?! And that your ancestors whom you never knew were freaks like you? Your mom, your dad, your aunt, your uncle... your entire family. And you're the only one of them alive?!

Damn this room is hot! I need some fresh air. I should get some water from the refrigerator and go to swim in Ace's pool.

However, when I get to the pool, Ace already beat me to it. He's in the pool, shirtless, with a glass of wine in his hand. Oh Mother Nature of hotness! I'm going to melt to wax if Ace doesn't stop being so hot in front of me.

Our eyes meet and he beckons me to join him. If I decline, it will be so obvious that I was a teeny little bit attracted to him and I was too shy to strip in front of him. So I pretend to be indifferent, take off my clothes, leaving my underwear and then I walk into the pool.

We stay in the pool for a while, swimming around and ignoring each other like we weren't there. But I need answers. Badly. So I swim towards him and get his attention.

"So I'm indestructible, huh?" I ask.

"Yes, but I wouldn't put it that way." Ace says.

"And what are your powers? Do you teleport? Or do you move very fast? Or do you shoot arrows? Or do you control water?"

Ace chuckles. "None of that actually. Telekinesis is more like it. Telekinesis and super strength."

"What's telekinesis? Can you show me?"

"You would freak out and act stupid." Ace scoffs.

"Well, I wouldn't believe you are supernaturals until you show me." I fold my arms, my curiosity on edge.

Ace shrugs. "Okay." He sets his wine glass down beside the pool and moves away from it. Then from a distance, he stares intently at it and it begins to levitate towards him. I gasp with surprise, trying so hard not to freak out. This is telekinesis. Controlling objects without touching them!

Supernaturals do exist. And Ace is one. And his Brother Hudson is one. And I am one. Lord, don't tell me Baxter is one too. And Marie and Mr Sanchez. Or even Darcy, their cat.

"Oh my God." is all I manage to say, but in reality, the words I'm screaming in my mind are the words you get when you type on your keyboard with your eyes closed.

"Don't be too amazed. Your power is superior to that." says Ace.

"It's not true. I just... heal. It's awesome, but not this awesome."

"You can revive dead bodies, Miss Cardale. That ability is very rare. And that's why you're being hunted."

"I can revive dead bodies? You mean, like Frankenstein?"

"It has limits, Cardale. And consequences. You can die doing that. Never take that risk. Stick to healing."

I look down into the water and see the scar across his chest. The one I was once curious about. "Can you let me heal that?" I ask.

His expression changes into a stoic one. One expression that he never has. He's always smiling and smirking and annoying the fuck out of me.

"No." he mutters, climbing out of the pool.

"Ace wait!" I call after him, following him out of the water. I grab his arm and turn him around.

"Why not? You know if you needed to get laid, that scar could freak your partner out." I joke, but he's still wearing the stoic expression.

"Some wounds can't be healed." he says vaguely and storms off into the house. Now I am concerned about the sudden mood change of my kidnapper when I shouldn't.

Like I said, men are strange. They think their battle scars turn women on, but that scar on his chest looks hideous.

I follow him inside and sit next to him on a swing seat. He looks really bothered.

"Did I say something wrong?" I ask.

"Have you ever wondered why I brought you here? Why I would prevent you from marrying my brother?"

I nod. "Yes. I always ask myself that."

"I'm supposed to be king of Exyclott. It's my birthright. I'm the first born of my father, Nixon. But Hudson wanted the throne and so he tried to kill me. However my mother was against shedding his own brother's blood. So Hudson put me in the dungeon instead, where there was no light and almost no air. He was too greedy for power. That's also why he destroyed Sansora and all your ancestors."

"He really did?" I ask with horror.

"He is only king because he and our mother killed our father and got rid of me for the throne. But I somehow escaped from the dungeon."

"But Britney said you committed suicide. And that your death traumatized him. She said I was the perfect wife because I made him happy."

"You are the perfect wife because your womb can help save his kingdom and his life. He was just using you. I know Hudson more than anyone. He doesn't have a place in his heart for love. It's only greed. And I didn't want you to be another victim of his greed. So when I saw it on the news that Hudson was getting married to you, and I saw your tattoo in the footage, I decided to protect you from him."

I sit down still and silent, processing all that he'd said. "So Hudson lied to me?"

"You trusted him too much and fell for his looks and sweet words. But I'm not going to let him use you for his own benefit."

I shrug. "But why do you care about me? I mean Exyclott is your kingdom too. You want them to be immortal again don't you? You should put your kingdom first, right?"

"I don't give a shit about you, Cardale." he states plainly. I clutch my chest, pretending to be hurt. He smirks, "Well, I only give a tiny little shit about you. But it's only because it's through you that I can get my revenge against Hudson."

"Revenge?"

"If you don't heal his ALS, he'll die. If he dies, I get Exyclott, which is my birthright. End of story."

I stare blankly at him. "Ace, he's your brother."

"I don't care about him."

"Well, I care." I blurt out.

"You still care about him despite knowing his intentions? All what he's done to your people and your family?"

"I don't know how my powers work, but I feel obligated to help. You can get back your birthright without having to kill him."

"The only way I can get Exyclott is by killing him. There's no other way."

I sigh. "There's not?"

"No. I can't rule Exyclott as long as he's alive. Exyclott is mine. Apexi is mine. Every single thing about him makes him rich and famous is mine. His greed has caused Sutr to curse all of our kingdom. And what did he do? He left the people back at Glemstone to die as he lives here in America having paparazzi following him around. He doesn't deserve to be on that throne."

"I can go and talk to him. I'll convince him to renounce his throne."

Ace chuckles. "Hudson would not just change his mind by talking. He needs someone to break a few bones."

I cringe at the thought of that. "That's... that's savage."

"It's nothing compared to what he did to the people of Sansora years ago. That was total abuse of power." Ace retorts. "He destroyed families and precious property all in the name of superiority."

"Ace..."

"Say whatever you want, Cardale. But I'm not letting you heal Hudson, as long as you're under my tutelage." Ace declares icily and walks off with angry steps.

I let out a huge sigh.

Things fall apart.

🎵
Song Recommendation: Natural by Imagine Dragons 👌

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

4.8M 31.4K 25
Serenity is an Alpha's daughter- and not only any Alpha, but the Alpha King himself. That makes Serenity the most protected female shifter among all...
269K 10.8K 55
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗒. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇�...
353 31 34
What happens when a girl has the whole world on her shoulders, discovers an unknown secret and has worst high school experience with a mix romance. B...
31 39 45
Two girls, two Soul Animals, and one magical, mysterious world. Christi and Sabrina have been best friends forever. Christi - the quiet, serious in...