His Heart's Desire

By loualou19

Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was t... More

Aesthetics | Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Important!
Epilogue | Bad Father
Bonus | What happened that night
MATURE | chapters 39-40
Brodie | Feelings
Covers

27

142K 5.3K 2.1K
By loualou19

Alice

I sit up and rub my head. She's gone! I groan as my head throbs and pull my hand away to see some blood on it.

I'm too drunk right now to feel the pain yet but I know I will tomorrow.

My breathing gets heavier and tears prick my eyes. Why am I sad?

I stand up on my shaking feet and glance up the stairs. If I wake up Jessie she will kick me out for drinking her wine. Especially underage. And Mr. Micknealing said no mistakes this time around. And Brodie would rather die than help me.

But I have no one.

An idea comes to my head and I leave the house and get on Brodies bike.

~~

I'm starting to feel slightly sober now as I knock on the door to Kathy's house.

After a few seconds, I realize the time and start to panic. She's going to hate me! She's going to call the police on me!

When the door is opened and I see Kathy standing there in a robe looking annoyed. I smile weakly and try to keep the slurring from my voice.

"Where Nick live," I ask quickly. The words sound weird to my ears.

She frowns then points to the house next door and I'm glad I won't have to ride the bike any further.

"Thank you," I say and step off the porch but she stops me.

"Alice? Are you okay dear?" She says and I turn and see the same hard face she had on before. Only this time her words are nice.

"Okay I am thank you." I managed to get out.

She nods unsurely but closes her front door regardless. I hear the click of a lock and I smile and step off the last step. I make my way down the road with my chin held high and accidentally fall into a bush on the way.

My eyes narrow in the darkness and I can make out through my blurry eyes a very run down-home. Nick really lives here?

I walk up the gravel path and step over old tires and wood planks. It's messy too but that's not my problem. Maybe his father works in a woodshop?

I stumble all over the place and eventually make it to the front door.

I knock twice and start to sway.

It's quiet for a few minutes but I still stand there.

I hear some noise from inside the house but I don't move just yet. My eyes start to close when I feel sleepy but I make sure to keep them open for Nick.

Suddenly the front door swings open and a breeze hits my cheeks. I hear a sharp intake of air come from the person and my eyes peak open. My heartbeat quickens when I see Nick. Shirtless Nick.

Drunk Alice likes Nick with no shirt.

I giggle a reach for his abs. My fingers run over the hardened indent and I see him shiver. I go to touch them again but his large hands grab my own firmly.

"Why are you here Alice," Nick growls out at me and I seem to find the sound really sexy.

"Tracy goes wine but I say no but we drank drunk the wine outside- I told her my friend, then she puts the mouth to my mouth so I came to Kathy, and Kathy said you're here." I slur feeling the effects really hit now.

"You're drunk." He groans and looks behind him before pulling me inside.

He pulls me quickly behind him and up some stairs.

He gets to a room and pushes me in before coming in himself and locking the door.

I look around and it seems to be his room. It was very clean compared to the rest of his house. I spot the bed that looks slept in already and I walk over there. I flop onto the bed and moan when I breathe in his masculine smell through his sheets.

He flips me around effortlessly and glares at my head. "Why the fuck are you bleeding." He demands and my hand goes to my head that I completely forgot about.

He turns around and pulls something out from his desk. It's a white box.

He kneels on one knee in front of me and opens the box.

I'm too young to get married!

"What are you doing Nick?" I ask with wide eyes when he pulls out medical tools. Those look scary.

I back away from him but he grabs my hand. "I'm just going to clean up the blood."

He pulls me closer and starts to clean up my cut. I hiss out when he pours antiseptic on it but the pain goes away when he starts to rub his thumb over my knuckles to distract me. It worked.

"Why are you so good at this?" I blurt out when he bandages my head and arm that apparently has cuts from when I fell in that bush.

His eyes turn hard but he continues to focus on my injuries. "Practice."

"Practice?" I repeat. "Is that why you have those bruises?"

His eyes look into mine and his soft lips have a hard frown to them.

I don't like that frown. My hand reaches out and I touch his lip. It is soft. His mouth opens slightly and I gasp at the heat of his breath on my fingertips.

Nick looks deeply into my eyes. He stands up and pushes me back on the bed. The alcohol in my system making me sleepy. I feel someone at my feet and look up to see Nick untying my shoes. "Go to sleep Alice." He says sternly and my head turns and looks at his alarm clock.

2:28 am

I sigh as I feel him pull his covers up to my chin. I feel a soft kiss on my cheek and my eyes close on their own accord.

I know he's still near by even with my eyes closed but soon enough the heat his body emanates is gone.

"Nick don't go." I whimper but keep my eyes still closed. When I get no response I open them. I look up through blurry eyes and eventually focus on Nick standing above me. I kick off my covers like an impatient toddler. Without thinking I grab his wrist and pull him atop me.

He catches himself and places his strong forearms next to my head as not to crush me.

I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him to me. I feel his hips connect against mine and I hear a soft groan leave his lips and I wonder why. I pull him flush against my skin and relax. I can feel him relaxing too.

I pull to covers over us and his heat is all I feel. Slowly his muscles aren't so tense and he tucks his head in my neck and I hum at the sensation. My hands go into his hair and I play with those soft locks of his I always wanted to touch.

After a few minutes, I remembered something. "I'm sorry I was insensitive about your bruises," I tell him eyeing the bruises and scarring on his toned back.

"You weren't being insensitive it's just something I don't like to talk about." He says and I can hear a vulnerability in his voice causing me to pull him tighter against me.

I feel tears prick my eyes. "I'm sorry." I mumble. I don't know why it hurts me so much to see him hurt. I turn my head and kiss his jaw. I feel him shiver against me and I kiss his jaw again loving the sensation of that scratchy stubble against my lips.

I go to do it again but suddenly he's above me. I was slow to catch onto his movements and my lips brush his. I gasp and my head sinks into his pillow. The dim lighting of his desk lamp casts a beautiful glow against his cheekbones. His cold eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips multiple times.

I want those lips on mine. I want him to do things to me. I shake my head at my thoughts. He must've taken that as a no because his forehead rests against mine and his eyes close tightly. I feel his heavy breathing against my lips and I lean in for second but I pull away when he opens his eyes and speaks.

"Why did you come here, Alice? How'd you even know where I lived? No one knows where I live." He demands and his body slowly rests against mine again as if he was afraid I'd leave. His arms are tight around me and the wintry air that had my bones chilling are now thawed with his warmth.

"I asked Kathy. She said next door." I admit in the dim room.

"Of course you did." He chuckles against my neck and now it's my time to shiver.

"I came because..." I start and feel my heartbeat quicken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 1.3K 45
Lilly Thatcher is a 21-year-old university student. She's your classic goody two shoes reader girl. She was sweet and innocent to everyone she knew...
12.9M 203K 25
Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction!! VERY CLICHÉ! *** "He is well known." "He is bad news." "He is dangero...
706K 24.1K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...