His Heart's Desire

By loualou19

Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was t... More

Aesthetics | Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Important!
๏ฟผEpilogue๏ฟผ | Bad Father
Bonus๏ฟผ | What happened that night
MATURE | chapters 39-40
Brodie | Feelings
Covers

23

148K 6K 4.2K
By loualou19

Alice

I helped Logan with his coat, gloves and hat as Nick got the keys to lock up the house.

We stood on the porch ready to leave for ice cream. It was already 8 pm and it felt irresponsible to give a little boy sugar this late. But Nick insisted on paying for all of us since it was his idea. For about 5 minutes in the car ride there I kept telling him I could pay for myself but he refused.

"We're here!" Logan screams from the backseat and we all leave Nicks massive truck.

Nick helped Logan get out and plopped the small boy down onto his brood shoulders.

Logan's small hands held on to his head and Nick held his ankles making sure he wouldn't fall off as he bounced him occasionally causing small giggles to erupt from Logan.

Every now and then Logan would pull Nick's hair just to be annoying. But I found it funny.

Nick walked behind me and as we reached the shop's door. He came close and opened the door for me. I felt his heat on my back and it made me start to think of wild things.

"Thank you," I say with a soft smile but my smile only grows when I feel his warm palm resting against my lower back to lead me.

Nick takes Logan off his shoulders and I take Logan's hand, leading us to a table while Nick gets the ice creams.

~~

"Aliens are real I know that. Darcy told me that at school today. And Darcy is always right." Logan says shoving a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

Nick nods and so do I. For the past ten minutes Logan has been rambling about space and monsters so we listened patiently.

I raise another bite of ice cream to my lips and some slips off onto the top of my dress. I groan and grab a napkin.

I start to rub at the now forming stain but it really is no use. I rub harder and luckily some comes off.

"Shoot," I mumble when it smears and look up to see Nick staring at my chest with no shame whatsoever.

I feel a hot blush on my cheek. He hasn't realized I was looking at him yet. A small smile shows on his lips before it's gone and I shift around under that hot stare of his. Those cold eyes make me feel something forbidden.

Speaking of those eyes, the frozen orbs snap up to mine and I see a tint of pink on his cheeks before it disappears and his lips form into a smirk.

Logan is still talking and I can't even concentrate on his antics anymore.

He's still looking at me I can feel his curious cold eyes.

I take another bite of my ice cream and almost choke when I feel his warm hand connect with my thigh. It sits carefully and just slightly under my dress.

I look down with wide eyes. Why am I so okay with his hand there? Any other guy and I'd rip it off their wrist clean.

"Alice, did you hear me?" Logan says and I look at him with flushed cheeks.

"W-what? Sorry, do you mind telling me again?" I ask.

"Do you think aliens are real?" He smiles and I need to think for a minute.

"Maybe they are? I've never really-" I try to speak but I'm cut off by my own gasp when I feel Nick's hand slide a little higher up the inside of my thigh. Those calloused and rough hands of his could do things to me. Things that leave me wanting more of him. I wonder how b- Snap out of it!

I glance at him and see his smirk as he takes another bite of ice cream acting like nothings happening.

"I-I've never seen one," I say and grasp his wrist discreetly.

Logan has no clue what's happening.

"Alice good point. But I've seen an alien." Logan smiles and puts his hands on his hips.

"You've seen an alien?" Nick raises an eyebrow at the boy and moves his hand away from between my legs. I hate how disappointed I am when the warmth is gone. Apart of me wants to grab his hand and place it back there.

"Yes, Nick! Outside my window once mommy said she believed me." Logan says but I'm still busy at work in my brain. I can't put his hand back. This is Nick we're talking about. I swear he's just playing... or maybe he's not.

"Whatever you say bud."

I don't want to seem stupid but I'll be stupid if he is. And I'll still be stupid if he isn't playing me. That made no sense Alice.

"I'm telling the truth!"

Either way, I end up stupid in this situation!

Don't touch him for the rest of the night. You little vixen.

I bite my lip and look at Logan's empty dish.

"You all done Logan?" I ask and he nods looking sleepy.

"Let's go back it's already dark out," Nick says wiping off Logan's face with a napkin as I take our dishes and throw them away. And Nick said he was bad with kids.

Nick and I both take one of Logan's hands as we swing him back and forth walking to the car.

"What a cute couple!" I hear someone say and look up to see an older woman with greying hair smiling at us.

"Oh, we're not..." Nick and I say at the same time giving each other a quick look.

"This is my Daddy. And this is my Mommy." Logan says suddenly and my mouth drops open at this boy's acting skills. He even pulled out the big guns! The puppy dog eyes!

"Aw, you must love them very much!" The old woman says smiling at all of us now. Logan hugs both our legs and smiles a toothy grin at the woman. Nick and I nervously laugh.

"Yes, and they love each other! Very much they even sleep together-" Logan starts again but Nick is quick to pick him up.

"Okay time to go," Nick demands coldly and Logan starts to laugh.

My mouth is still hanging open as I awkwardly wave goodbye to the woman.

When we get to the car Logan is still laughing.

"Not cool Logan," Nick says messing up the boy's curly blonde hair but I can hear a playfulness back in his tone.

Nick puts him in the back and closes the door.

Then he surprises me by opening mine.

"Thank you?" I say with a laugh.

"Anything for my wife." He jokes and my eyes widen right before he slams the car door when I get in.

~~

"But I thought you guys were dating?" Logan asks confused and as I help him take off his coat.

"For the tenth time Logan. Alice and I aren't... dating. We're just..." Nick says running a hand through his hair and I look up at him.

"...friends." I finish for him and something about that word leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I just want to be his friend and that thought bothers me.

"Yeah... friends," Nick says with some look in his eye I can't determine.

We stare at one another for a minute before Logan let's out a yawn.

"You tired?" I ask him hanging up his coat.

"No! I'm super awake!" Logan yells then yawns again and begins to rub his eyes. He quickly wraps his arms around my neck and I laugh.

"Sure," Nick mumbles and walks into the living room.

"He's one grumpy man," I whisper to Logan and he starts to laugh.

"Let's go put on your PJs and we'll come back down and watch a movie until you get sleepy? How does that sound?" I ask and he nods excitedly.

"I won't be sleepy though ok?" Logan deadpans.

I carry him up the stairs and into his room as he picks a pair of pajamas before showing me every single one he owns. He shows me some of his toys too that he didn't get to show me earlier and I nod like I'm interested.

Once his pajamas are on I make sure he's brushing his teeth before I change into my pajamas. I then carry him back down.

He lays his curly little blonde head on my shoulder and yawns again. He's too precious.

I walk into the living room and smile at the sight in front of me.

Nick was laying on the couch and taking up a lot of space unintentionally. He changed into his pajamas that were just a tight t-shirt and loose grey sweatpants. His head was laying back against the couch and his eyes were closed. Some of his thick hair tickled his forehead and I wanted to run my hands through it.

Logan wiggles out of my arms and I set him down.

He runs over to Nick and hops onto his lap. Luckily he didn't hurt him. Nick opens his eyes and starts to tickle him with a lazy smile on his lips. This is the most I've ever seen him smile.

I really like his smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 7.9K 40
***COMPLETED*** PREVIOUSLY TITLED: Babysitting the Bad boy. " Why are you here?" His cold voice asks sending a shiver down my spine. I peek at hi...
259K 7.6K 31
I pull up outside of his house and I don't move, "Want me to stay here so you have a ride home?" She shakes her head, "No. I'll probably get a ride f...
131K 3.2K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
8.3M 227K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...