Made To Survive ❂ Bellamy Bla...

By -CallieJay-

{{COMPLETED}} {{BOOK ONE}} "Survival isn't who you are, it's who you become." ❂ ❂ ❂... More

Playlist
1. Prologue
2. May We Meet Again
3. Shut Up Floorboards
4. God Bless Radiation
5. Don't Pout Princess
7. We're Even Now
8. Don't Pout King
9. I'm Not Afraid
10. Sassy Pants
11. Do The Honors
12. Christmas Miracle
13. Chancellor Of Earth
14. No Problem Lace
15. Going Rogue
16. Cold Hearted Bitch
17. You Need To Get Laid
18. That's Intense
19. Tell Mommy On Me
20. These Idiots
Thank You
21. A Pissed Bellamy
22. Extremely Evasive
23. I Need You Too
24. Hey Lovebirds
25. Hell Of A Kiss
26. First To Succeed
27. Sunshine And Rainbows
28. I'm Still Here
29. Hey Handsome
30. Big Bad Protector
31. Little Sky Person
32. Sexually Frustrated
33. Today Is My Birthday
34. Fire The Rockets
Ask Us Anything
Q & A
Character Breakdowns
Announcement & Contest
Contest

6. What Are You In For

8.4K 226 51
By -CallieJay-

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

I went over to Octavia who was with Bellamy. I cleaned her wound and made the best bandage I could. Bellamy watched me carefully, I wasn't sure whether it was because I was near Octavia or if he was trying to look at where I was bleeding from earlier.

            "What the hell was it?" Bellamy asks.

            "I don't know." She replied, wincing when I put the wet cloth on her wound, "The others said it looked like a giant snake. Right, Lacey?"

            "Sounds about right."

            "You could have been killed."

            "I would've been if Jasper and Lacey didn't jump in to pull me out." She says to him.

            "Is that why you're hurt?" He asks me.

            Octavia and I both nod. Octavia takes the cloth and cleans my wound for me. I whisper a 'thank you' to her. She smiles back at me. I stand up once she's done and Clarke and Wells come walking over along with Elliot, who's trailing behind them.

            "You guys leaving? I'm coming, too." Octavia said standing up.

            Bellamy stopped her, "No way. Not again."   

            "Your leg is just going to slow us down." I tell her.

            "And you're side isn't?"

            "I can walk can't I?"

            She grumbles something inaudible. I laugh at her and she can't help but smile at me.

            "Alright let's go." Elliot says.

            "Wait I still need something." I say.

            "What?"

            "Him." I point to Bellamy.

            Everyone around me furrows their brow, including Bellamy. I turn on my heel to face Bellamy. He's still watching me extremely carefully.

            "Lacey, what the hell are you doing?" Wells asks.

            "I hear you have a gun."

            He lifts up his shirt slightly to reveal the gun tucked into his pants. I smile to myself and start walking away.

            "Good. Follow me."

            "And why would I do that?"

            I sigh deeply turning back to face him, "Because you want all of them to follow you, and right now they're thinking only one of us is scared." I get in his face a little bit, not to intimidate him, just to prove my point.

            He stares down at me for a few moments before looking over his shoulder at Murphy.

             "Murphy. Come with me."

            I was in the front of the group with Elliot beside me. She had her jaw clenched, I knew she didn't care for Bellamy or Murphy being here, but it was necessary. Wells and Clarke both walk beside me for a few minutes.

            "Those guys aren't just bullies, Lacey, they're dangerous criminals." Wells says angrily next to me.

            "I'm counting on it, and don't forget who you're talking to, because I'm a dangerous criminal, probably the worst out of everyone here."

            Clarke walks ahead of me, she always seems to like being the leader of the group, even if Bellamy had a stronger pull with the people. I take deep breath running my hands through my hair, I let one finger linger on the scar on my neck.

            Elliot watched me, "Lacey Turner, you're Lacey Turner?" I nod slowly, still staring blankly ahead, "How are you alive after what happened?"

            "Honestly, I have no idea." I stifle a laugh.

            "Where have you been hiding?"

            "In the medical bay. I'd tell you more but it could endanger the friend who helped me if I do."

            She nods understandingly, "I get it, you don't want them to get floated."

            Clarke and Wells walked ahead of us, I could hear Bellamy coming up quickly behind the four of us. I turned around when he told us to wait, his gun was waving around in his hand.

            "What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart."

            "Put the gun away, Bellamy." Wells snapped.

            "Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy says shoving him back.

            "Jasper screamed when they took him." I say taking a step closer and rolling my eyes, feeling like I was talking to a five year old, "If the spear even nicked his heart, he would've died instantly. Which means we don't have time to waste."

            I turn on my heels to continue walking but he grabs my arm roughly, pulling me back. Wells, Clarke, and Elliot tense up, they all watched with careful eyes. Elliot looked like she  was about to pull her knife out, if she needed it.

            "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go."

            I laugh at him, but he still carries a serious expression, "Oh you were serious? Well, let me make this clear, Blake. The only way the Ark is going to think I'm dead, is if I'm actually dead. Do you understand that or should I use smaller words?"

            Before giving him a chance to respond I twist my arm out of his grasp and jam the heel of my palm into his chest, causing him to stagger back slightly. He comes back and gets in my face, trying to intimidate me.

            "Brave princess." He says.

            "Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" I smirk as Finn walks over draping an arm over my shoulder, "You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, Lacey, and Elliot come with me."

            All four of us begin to walk away leaving the rest of the boys by themselves.

            "Better late than never." Clarke mutters.

            "I like to think so." He replied.

            After a while of walking Clarke and Finn were slightly ahead of Elliot and I. I was spinning my knife in my hand, Elliot was toying with hers as well.

            "What happened to you?" I ask, softly.

            "Is this where we have the 'what are you in for' conversation?"

            I chuckle, "Something like that."

            "I got caught stealing some things from these people's house. There also might have been a little assault and battery." I nod understanding, "They stole something from one of my friends, but they didn't get caught of course. I went went to steal it back, but they got home earlier than I was expecting. They came after me and I had to defend myself. I managed to knock both of them out before running away. Some friends of mine tried to hide me, but the guards eventually found me and floated two of my friends. My other friend was put in lockup with me."

            "I'm sorry about your friends." I say solemnly.

            She shrugs lazily, "We all got something."

            "I'm actually surprised you trusted me enough to tell me."

            She stays quiet for a few moments before speaking, "I may be a complete idiot for saying this, but surprisingly enough I trust you." She doesn't meet my eyes as she talks, "Trust isn't something that comes easily to me, so don't take advantage of it."

            "I trust you too, and I know that feeling, of not really trusting anyone."

            "You seem to trust Finn, Clarke, and Wells. It's obvious who you trust the most, though."

            "They did so much for me, especially Finn. Plus, after knowing someone for almost your entire life trusting them comes almost naturally."

            "That's how it is with Hunter and I, and with my other friends..." She trails.

            I hadn't noticed how much slower I had been moving, or the fact my side was beginning to throb, I dragged my feet against the ground. Finn looked behind him, he saw how tired I was already looking. He gave me another piggy back ride, I placed my face in the crook of his neck, feeling like I was about to pass out. Of course Murphy just had to punch me in that one spot, I hate that little shit.

            "You shouldn't have come." Finn says to me, "You still need time to heal."

            "I'll heal once we find Jasper."

            "Speaking of Jasper, I've been thinking about Mount Weather." Elliot starts, "Why didn't they attack until Jasper crossed the river?"

            "Yeah," Finn agrees, "It's not like we were being quiet and they didn't know we were there."

            "They waited for us to cross."  Clarke realizes, "The river's a boundary."

            "Which means Mount Weather is off limits." I added.

            I start to hear something, I sound I hadn't heard since the river. Running water, another rush of excitement flew through me.

            "How are we gonna get those supplies? What are we gonna do for food?"

            "Finn," I whisper, "can you hear that?"

            Both of us smile at each other, he runs over to the sound, me still on his back. I see a water fall, coming down into a small river, much smaller than the one we were at before, so snake monsters wouldn't be an issue this time.

            "Well, at least we don't have to worry about water." Elliot says.

            All four of us smile as we go down into the water. Elliot, Clarke, and I fill up our canteens first, while Finn goes in and splashes around. I stand partly in the water, but I was hesitant to go in. Finn held out his hand to me.

            "Come on, its okay. I promise."

            I finally place my hand in his, and he pulls me down to him fast. I gasp at the sudden feeling of being in the water. Before I didn't really get to enjoy it, but now it was different.  Elliot followed me into the water, soon wearing the same expression as me.

            Clarke stood at the edge still filling up her canteen. All three of us shared a look before splashing her. She gave us an irritated look.

            "Come on, guys. We don't have time for this."

            "Clarke, we've been hiking for hours. We need to take a break." Finn argued.

            "I'll take a break when we find Jasper. Come on."

            Finn starts to walk out of the water, but slips and falls, Clarke catches his arm and stabilizes him. She then realized what he was going to do. He pulled her down into the ater with us, where she splashed him angrily.

            "Dammit Finn!" Her face changes after she yells at him, she's actually enjoying it, "Oh, wow. Okay. Maybe just a minute."

            "I think I know why you're so hell-bent on finding Jasper, why you're always taking care of everybody else. Both of you." He says to Clarke and I.

            Clarke scoffs, rolling her eyes, "Now you sound like my mother. No. Go on. This should be good. The delinquent psychiatrist."

            He stared at her with a look of empathy rolling around in his eyes.

            "You couldn't save your father." He says to Clarke, her face drops showing he was right, "And you couldn't save your mother." He says to me, I thought that was all he was going to say but he looks me in the eyes and says one more thing, "Or your father."

            It's safe to say I wasn't expecting that.

            My breath hitched and I wanted to cry, but I didn't. He was right. It wasn't something that even occurred to me before. I couldn't save him from himself, I couldn't save him from his fate. I couldn't save him from what he became, and I hadn't realized how much that ate me alive, until this moment. I found myself standing in the water, still in a daze.

            "Lacey?" Elliot asks me, taking my arm pulling me to reality.

            Clarke and Finn were standing by a big rock covered in blood. Elliot stood by my side still gripping my arm. Her green eyes were burning into mine. I watched as Finn dipped his finger in the blood, it was fresh. Clarke bent down and picked up his googles, confirming that it was Jasper's blood. Finn looked up at my with sorrowful eyes, almost regretting that he had ever opened his mouth. But I shook my head, showing him not to.

            "Lacey." Elliot says again, tightening her grip as I wobble on my feet, "Are you okay?

            I nod and walk towards Finn and Clarke, with Elliot still stabilizing me, "We should get the others. We're close."

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

I didn't forget to update this time! Yay!

I know the chapters have been short but I promise that they will get longer eventually.

The next couple(many) chapters are actually pretty short, I'm sorry. But they will get longer as time goes on I swear.

I love this story so much and I really love you guys getting to know Elliot and Lacey.

Thanks for reading please vote and give me some feedback about what you think.

•callie•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 756 37
~~~~~ There were more things on the earth than what the 100 originally expected. That is true. But they haven't met the desert wolf yet. The grounder...
187K 6.3K 60
"I'm not very good at controlling what my face does or what my mouth says." For four generations, people in space called the Ark "home", and for fou...
303K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
401 16 11
╭══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╮ "I hate you Bellamy Blake." "I love you too." ╰══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╯ Evelyn James. She was a medical student when sh...