hard to love ( klaus mikaelso...

By feltonmyhusband

in which klaus mikaelson goes to exceeding lengths for the love of his life. [๐ค๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
ACT TWO.
01
02
03
04
05
06
new cover !!
07
08

Chapter Sixteen

4.3K 94 15
By feltonmyhusband

Dahlia's nose was glued to the new book she'd bought from the bookstore in town. "Pride and Prejudice" was apparently very popular, so she decided to purchase it.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." A thick accent rung out from in front of her. Dahlia lowered the book to see a blonde man in front of her. She recognized him as one of the many that lived in her family's boarding house.

"I'm sorry?" He pointed to the book. Dahlia smiled softly.

"Oh! I just started." She looked up at him and realized how attractive her housemate really was. "You don't strike me as a man that fancies romance literature." He smiled.

"People can surprise you." He said. "My apologies, I've yet to introduce myself. Niklaus Mikaelson." She reached her arm out as required to. He held her hand in his and bent down to kiss it softly. Bristly hairs from his face grazed her hand as he pulled away and placed his hands behind his back.

"I'm Dahlia Vixen." She stood up in front of him. He studied the features on her face. Her bright blue eyes were soft and welcoming, much different to his. The way two pieces of hair fell down and framed her face. Her porcelain skin that had a little too much powder on it.

"That's a beautiful name." Dahlia bit her lip to suppress her smile.

"I could say the same for you." He waved his hand lazily.

"I much prefer Klaus." She shook her head.

"But why? Niklaus is so...enigmatic." He smirked at her words.

"Then Niklaus it is." She smiled at him.

Dahlia realized the more she spoke to her housemate, Niklaus, that he was everything she was looking for. He spoke about everything with her, and never made her feel dumb like most men did. He liked some things she did, but he also didn't pretend to like things either. He was honest and caring. They had begun to exchange notes, since her family banned fraternizing with the guests. But everytime he'd walk by, he'd smirk at her and Dahlia would blush and look the other way. Dahlia thought he was too good to be true.

"Why don't I know your family?" She blurted out as her head rested on his chest. She had the right to ask; they were practically a couple now and she deserved to know. He clenched his jaw and responded. 

"They're not worth knowing, love." She shook her head and got up to look at him.

"They're your family, they're worth knowing. I'd like to meet them." 

"One day you shall." Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"Can I at least know their names?" 

"Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, and Finn." She rested back on his chest and memorized their names in hopes of one day meeting them.

Dahlia watched Niklaus under the sun. The two had a picnic together outside. He turned and caught her staring. She quickly looked away.

"You're terrible at stealing looks." She laughed.

"I'm sorry, and you're the master of it? Don't think I don't catch you glancing at me." He smirked.

"Hmm." He looked out to the field as Dahlia continued to admire him.

Dahlia was confused to why Niklaus wanted to talk so urgently. She put aside her notebook and watched him. He sat down next to her on their bed and clenched his jaw before he spoke.

"What's wrong?" She put a hand up to his face. He licked his lips before he spoke.

"Dahlia..." He took a deep breath. "I'm a vampire and a werewolf." She stared at him and then started laughing.

"Are you joking?" She stopped laughing when she saw how serious he was. "What do you mean?" She said hoarsely.

"I'm a hybrid." Niklaus watched her mouth shape a small "O". "Are you scared?" He asked, genuinely curious. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. She shook her head.

"No..no" He sighed.

"You should be, Dahlia." She took his hand in hers.

"I'm not scared." His eyes bored into hers.

"I'd never hurt you, love. I promise you." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She stiffened at his touch which Niklaus noticed but ignored.

"Let me see!" She tried to grab the drawing but Niklaus pulled away.

"I'm not done, doll. Sit still." She groaned but obliged. He moved his pencil swiftly across the canvas and glanced at her every once in a while. She loved when he drew her as it always came out so beautiful.

Dahlia watched Niklaus lure a man into a dim alley. He circled him like a predator does it's prey and then suddenly attacked. He bit into his neck and kept going, until he finally pulled away. He looked at Dahlia with blood staining his mouth. Niklaus gave a smile, to which Dahlia replied with a forced one. She was in shock and she couldn't look at him the same after that.

The two spun around in the middle of the ballroom. Dahlia had never seen anyone dance as well as Niklaus did. His moves were performed so effortlessly, yet they were so precise. She followed him and they did the Waltz together. He dipped her low and stared into her eyes. She watched his eyes flicker over to her lips before he brought her back up.

Her eyes were unable to move from the picture of her parents at the front of the church. She felt numb when they died. Niklaus spoke from beside her, but Dahlia was completely unaware of her surroundings. She thought about everything they'd miss; when she'd get married, if she'd get pregnant. Tears didn't even come out anymore. She used them all up during the first days after their deaths. The church bells rung loudly and echoed throughout the empty hall, bringing the girl back to reality.

Dahlia held Niklaus' hand as they rode in the carriage together. They were on their way to Paris, a special gift from Niklaus to her. Annecy wasn't very far from Paris, so it was a roadtrip. He was looking out the window but turned and studied Dahlia.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" He asked softly.

"Marvelous!" She grinned at him. Her smile was contagious and made Niklaus smile back at her. She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. He fake pouted.

"Only the cheek?" He smirked. Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"What did you have in mind?" She teased. He unclasped his hand from hers and put it on her thigh. She felt electrified at his touch. The girl lightly slapped his hand away. "You're such a flirt."

"Only for you, my love." She turned her head to look out the window to hide the growing red on her cheeks.

"I just wanna live without knowing about vampires, and werewolves and witches again, Niklaus. And I don't want to be immortal anymore. Make me forget." She said. He stared at her with sadness.

"One more day. Please." He pleaded. She nodded.

"One more day."

"Give me a new life. Give me a new mother and father every once a while, a new story." Niklaus frowned, but still nodded. He didn't want to give her a new story when her story wasn't finished. "Do whatever you have to do to make me feel normal." She looked down as she straddled his lap.

"Must you do this?" He asked softly. Her bottom lip quivered as she fought tears.

"You know the answer." 

"Dahlia, I'm begging you. Don't leave me." His eyes were glassy with tears. Dahlia bit her lip to hold her tears back in order to reassure him. "You're breaking my heart." He whispered.

"A century, love. You're gonna come for me, right?" Klaus nodded as a single tear dropped down his face.

"Of course." He held her face and pressed his forehead against hers. "I love you. So much." He whispered.

"I love you too Niklaus." She pushed her lips against his and kissed him softly. She pulled away and nodded with a dishonest smile on her face. She had seen too much; she just wanted to be normal again, even if it was for a little bit. He clenched his jaw and looked into her eyes.

"Forget who I am. Forget everything we did together. Forget that you're immortal. You're a normal 18 year old." He looked away and wiped the tears from his eyes. She looked at him in a confused way.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He shook his head and walked away. Dahlia continued on with her day, brushing off the stranger she had just encountered.

author's note

btw these aren't the only things klaus compelled away of them two, there's more. i only put the most important ones.

also blehhhh i couldn't find gifs of the same size so it looks ugly im sorryy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 29K 31
โHow long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...โž โฌ– โฌ– โฌ– Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
214K 6.3K 34
"You're my waking thought, my sweet dream, and everything in between." -Perry โ–โ–โ– In which Elijah Mikaelson falls for a beautiful Parisienne, but wha...
385K 7.2K 14
gonna hold you, gonna kiss you in my arms gonna take you away from harm ใ€Žklaus mikaelson x femaleocใ€ tvd/to universe ...