The Colours of A Guardian

Від KairaKenway

At the brick of war, spectras were sent down to Earth to aid the innocent. Spectras are what they said to be... Більше

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Nine

88 3 0
Від KairaKenway

Hey lovelies! Thanks to those who read my story so far... Comment,Vote,Fan! :D

Chapter Nine

Kaira Razz

It's been a week since Ally and I made known of our soulmate. Well, almost since I didn't see his face.

I groaned in frustration. Why do I have to face this? What did I do to deserve this, this, curse?

Whoa, absurd much?

I don't think so.

I remembered coming back home that sad, rainy day, only to be awakened by dad's fury. He couldn't believe that my soulmate would run off like that. Unacceptable, he said.

To me, it was just heart-breaking.

Ally didn't spoke a word since. She barely ate and cried in her sleep. Whenever she needed something, she would just point and if we didn't understood, she would just give up.

I tried to link with her, but she blocked me out completely. Ally would disappear from time to time and it got me worried. Caden assured me that she just went for a run and he was watching her from time to time. I couldn't be more grateful.

What's worrying me most was, her fur didn't change colour from that day, the darkest black I have ever seen. It was beyond black, I don't even know that existed because when I looked carefully, it was like I could stare at an endless darkness.

It was really creeping me and my family out.

To be honest, I was like this too. Eating became so distasteful; words are like a heavy iron coming out of my mouth. I spaced out, a lot and it was distracting me from school. Ray and Lia can't get anything from me, but they still stuck with me, being patient.

Well, I told them eventually after much persuasion and tears. They were excited through their minds, but sad as well.

But, I can almost be sure what was Ray's expression every time he looked at me, was pain and hurt. It wasn't a sympathetic one like Athilia’s. It was, like I had hurt him in some way.

I shook off the feeling most of the time.

My birthday...our birthday, is in two weeks’ time and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to get my element. It's just so exciting to see my brother and dad practice sometimes.

Dad is a Fire bender, but Jeremy was an Earth bender, like my mom. You can tell by our garden that she's doing a great job in practicing her element. I admire her, and I wish that I got the Earth element too.

It was Sunday and I hung out at our backyard, getting some fresh air.

Dad, Mom and their Spectras were out, doing some grocery and seeing some people. Jeremy and Caden were practicing at the backyard, looking almost out of breath.

They were sparring and Caden was taking Jeremy's blow like it was it was a walk in the park. He didn't phase one bit and Jeremy was getting more and more frustrated.

"Damn Caden. Didn't it hurt you at all?" Jeremy whined while throwing off a medium sized rock at Caden. He swiftly smacked it back towards Jeremy with his body.

"Nope…" He popped the 'p' and earned another groan from Jeremy.

Jeremy huffed and dodged gracefully to the side. At the process, he tripped by some roots of the nearby tree and landed face-down on the ground. Caden laughed incredulously loud and rolled on his back.

I cracked a smile at that, and just continued watching the free drama my brothers were giving me.

Suddenly, he jumped back on his paws and climbed a tree, still laughing. His tail swished from side to side and his fur turned from burgundy red, to a bright yellow. What a happy colour.

"Now, I'm tired. Let's call it a day. Link me if you need anything…" Caden tapped his head.

From his yellow colour fur, he turned to a deep green and evened his breathing. By seconds, he dozed off, growling softly in his slumber. Jeremy shook his head slowly and got his towel.

He wiped his sweaty face and turned towards me. I gave him a small smile, and he grinned in return.

"Hey sis…" Jer smiled and sat beside me. He put a hand on my shoulder gently and I pushed him away, while scrunching up my brows at him.

"Eww…Jer, no. Go get change from those clothes, then you can cuddle up…" I pouted my lips while crossing my arms across my chest. He pinched my cheeks and left into the house. I was alone again.

Suddenly, Ally appeared from the trees and stopped when she saw me. I smiled and stood to embrace her, but she ran off inside. I froze, not able to move one bit. It hurt so much, a defeated tear rolled down my cheek.

I missed Ally. I wanted so badly to talk to her. I wanted to know what was she thinking, how is she? It just felt wrong to be this way.

I wiped furiously at my tears when Jeremy came up from behind me and held out a jasmine flower, my favourite on his hand. Being an Earth bender, it was kind of easy for him to access any flower, or plant that he wants.

That was so cool, and one of the reason why I wanted that element so Badly. I loved flowers, especially those beautiful jasmines.

"What's wrong sis? Come here…" he cooed in my ear.

He sat and pulled me next to him. I leaned on his shoulder and sighed. I couldn't stop the tears so I just let them. I smelled the jasmine deeply, and it eased up a bit.

"Come on, you can talk to me. What's the matter?" he tried to persuade me. I took a deep breath and told him,

"I missed Ally, Jer. She wouldn't talk to me for the past week. And, I wanted my soulmate, so badly. I didn't even get to see his face. This is so hard Jer. Is something wrong with me?" I looked up at his face, trying to search for an answer. But, I found nothing that can calm me.

He was rubbing soothing circles around my back and sighed. He held me tighter, and gazed deeply into my eyes,

"I know, and I'm sorry. I admit I don't know what it feels like, as I was yet to find mine. I can see that it's really fucking hard. But I can assure you, the next time I see him, I'm going to beat up some sense in him to realize how awful it is to turn down my cute little sister…" He teased. I chuckled and slapped his chest.

"Now, that's my girl. You're laughing again!" He grinned. I looked forward and gave it a profound thought.

Yes, that was true. This week, I just locked myself in my room and kept a straight face to everyone. Not Mom, dad and their Spectras were able to cheer me up. Hell, I didn't even smile back at them.

I looked back at him and placed a kiss on his cheek. He grinned, and I asked him a question,

"Are you okay, Jer? I mean, to not find your soulmate yet?" He created a distance so that he could look into my eyes again. His eyes flashed a bit of hurt, but regained its usual glow back. He smiled warmly,

"Nah, I'm fine. To tell you the truth, Caden and I did try to find them once. We travelled the whole US and still couldn't find them. Lastly, we just stopped. Not because we gave up on them, just hoping that maybe, it wasn't time yet. So yeah, we're cool. But one thing's for sure, as soon as I find her, I won't make her in a state like this" He brushed my hair and I know what he meant.

He wouldn’t' make his soulmate suffer like me.

I was very proud and grateful to have Jer and Caden as brother. They always took care of me and Ally no matter how hard one's situation we're in. They loved us and we loved them too.

"Look..." He suddenly said and snapped me out of my thoughts.

He stretched his right arm forward and palm facing up. In one motion, he appeared another jasmine and stuck it on my ear. I was awed. I touched the jasmine on my ear and Jeremy planted a lingering kiss on my head.

“Thanks…” I mouthed and he grinned.

He suddenly smirked. He looked at Caden that was snuggling on the tree and stood, carefully letting me go. He motioned me to follow him and I tailed him behind.

With another swift motion with his hand, he raised some roots from the ground and slowly made its way towards Caden on the third branch. He poked a root on his body, but he just stirred.

Then, with close precision and a quick move, he wrapped the vines around Caden and lifted him up. Caden's eyes shot open and deep green fur changed to scarlet red. He was furious and was snarling loudly.

A part of me was amused, but another part was scared whenever I saw Caden angry.

"What the hell, Jer? I'm sleeping!" he whined like a cute little baby.

We chuckled and Jer lowered him, but didn't let him go just yet. I could see Caden struggling from the roots and I patted his head, trying to sooth him a bit.

He relaxed slightly and purred by my touch. I giggled and he smiled.

"It's nice to see you laughing, love. I wish I could do the same to Ally…" He said honestly.

Jeremy stiffened and let go of Caden slowly to the ground. Jeremy buried the root once more in the ground. Caden shook his now blue fur and sat there. Three was us sat there in awkward silence.

I sighed, and turned to walk into the house, when the hot tears ready to fall.

Jeremy Razz

I watched as Kaira made her way into the house. I could hear her soft sob coming from her throat and my heart shattered into a million pieces. I hated seeing my little sister hurting like that.

Caden just stood there, staring into the woods. He was trying to search for something, but I didn’t know what.

It was heart-breaking to see two of my loved ones like this.

I could feel my spectra's pain, when he uttered those words. I know that he was holding everything up since last week, at the funeral. He was damned worried for his sister as so I.

Now, it's time to finally talk.

"Caden, we need to do something" I instantly voiced out my mind and looked at him expectantly.

His body went rigid and nodded, agreeing with me. He paw tapped his head, indicating to mind link.

When I entered our mind-link, I quickly spoke, 'We need to do something, Caden. And fast...'

'Whoa, did you just rephrase that? 'He joked. I glared at him, and he stopped his internal laugh. This was so not the time for teasing.

'Fine, I've wanted to tell you something, but I didn't because Ally made me promise to not spill this to anyone...' he continued. My eyes went wide.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa. She talked to you? For real? She didn't spoke a word to anyone...'  I cut him.

He glared at me and replied with an annoyed voice, 'Can you listen to me first? Jeez'

I nodded and he continued,

'You know how she's been disappearing into the woods lately? Well, she's been searching for their soulmate.  It happened one night; I followed her, as it was late. I was getting suspicious, as she kept going into the woods often. So, I followed her, and it was getting really fishy when she went into other pack grounds and sniffed everywhere. She was lucky to avoid being caught by the wolves of other packs that were doing rounds. When I finally caught her by surprise, I made her to spill everything. She avoided everyone so that no one can know what she's doing. As for Kaira, it hurts her too seeing her state, but she doesn't want her to know, fear that Kaira would stop her...'

Oh, so that's was she's been up to. No wonder she's been gone more frequently these days. I was in deep contemplation, when it came.

I smiled and stood, closing the link. I have an idea.

"Well then, if that's the case, let's help her then" I spoke loudly this time.

Caden and I stormed into the house and searched for Ally. She was nowhere on sight.

Then, we saw Ally caming down from the attic. She wanted to side step us, but we cornered her. Feeling threatened, she lifted her tail and her now red fur stood up. Her teeth were showing, but I didn't shake up one bit.

"Get.Out.Of.My.Way…" She hissed. Caden growled, "You're not going anywhere sister. We need to talk"

"No time for talking, dear brothers..." Then she jumped, trying to surpass us, but I was faster. I grabbed her body and pinned her down.

Not breaking a sweat, she struggled and we rolled. Caden wanted to jump in but I stopped him. 

 Regret, was the feeling I felt when we rolled down the stairs.

I instantly hugged Ally, making her less impact with the stairs. She stopped struggling as well.

When we were at the bottom, I let go of my breath that I held and continued pinning Ally on the floor. She growled menacingly and showed her teeth at me. Her red fur becoming brighter by the second. I smirked.

"Hey, what's going on downstairs? What's up with all the noise and why am I feeling dizzy? Is Ally okay?" I heard Kaira’s voice booming from upstairs.

I instantly jumped and with Ally firm in my grasp, I dragged Caden into a room near us. Ally really wanted to escape, but Caden held her down while I went out to search for my sister.

I nearly shrieked when I bumped her at the hallway.

"What's up Jer? You okay? Have you seen Ally anywhere? I'm scared if she's hurt…" she said to me. I shook my head at her question.

"Hmm? Oh, everything's fine. It's just me and Caden, resuming our fight. Ally? I don't know…" I responded.

She narrowed her eyes at me. I mentally slapped myself for talking too fast. I was afraid if she started to suspect anything…

Much to my relief, she inhaled deeply and eased up again.

"I can smell her in the house, but I can't find her anywhere. I'm going up to bed; I'm dizzy all of a sudden. If you see her, tell her I really, really want to talk with her. Okay?" she looked at me hopefully. I nodded and kissed her cheek.

"Yeah sure…" Again, with the fast talking. She narrowed her eyes again, but kissed my cheek and went up. I exhaled in relief.

I stood there, listening as her rushed heartbeat toned down to a steady rhythm. Good, she's asleep.

I made my way to the previous room and saw Ally relaxing herself while Caden watched her carefully from a distance. Ally didn’t try to escape, and that was a good start.

She was apple green, and her eyes were shut tight.

When I closed the door, she opened her eyes and stared at me, hard.

"Now, talk…" She commanded at us. My ego was telling me to not back down, but I stayed calm.

"I know what you're doing Ally…" I started, and she narrowed her whiskers at me.

"What, am I doing exactly?" She questioned calmly, while studying our expressions.

"You're searching for your soulmate, aren't you?" I gave her a straight out answer and crossed my arms against my chest.

"How did you know that? Caden?" She growled at Caden through clenched teeth.

Caden growled more loudly, causing her to back down and bowed her head." Yes, I told him. Cause we're getting damn worried sis…" Caden said softly and Ally nodded, looking up at me.

"So? What are you two going to do? Stop me? Well, that's not going to happen, I will..." she protested, but I cut her short.

"We want to help" I looked at her with a determined face.

She looked at me with suspicious eyes, but I just stared blankly at her, "I don't need any help, I'm doing fine…"

I sighed in frustration and looked at Caden for help. He looked at Ally with wide eyes,

"Just let us help little sister…" Caden said with a soft plea behind it.

She was shocked for a moment, but nodded again. Finally agreeing to our help.

She motioned for us to follow her as we all tip pawed upstairs, didn’t want to wake up Kaira. We entered the attic as Ally positioned some boxes at the middle.

Caden and I sat there, waiting. She picked up a rolled paper and put it one the boxes. She laid it out and we could see a large map of the US. There were lines, I'm guessing pack territory. Then, there were paw marks on some of them.

"Okay, this is the map that Kai and I used when we learned about other packs. The lines represent the pack territories, and the paw marks mean that I already scouted that territory..." she answered my mute question.

There were 10 packs in the US. The Aqua, Magenta, Ivory, Fuchsia, Mauve, Azure, Emerald, Citrine, Amber and Crimson packs.

After Chief Jayden's and Marcus' ruling, their sons, Hayden and spectra Ewan took over, they came up with the whole pack territory thing.

Spectras and benders were all around the world, Asia, Africa, Australia...So it was easier, they didn't have to travel far to report to the top chief. All around the world have their own top chief.

In the US, it was our dad and Ramon. It's been in our bloodline, from our ancestors, Chief Hayden and Ewan themselves. Our family was the descendants of Chief Jayden and Marcus. Well, that was something my family can be proud of. 

We were highly respected, but we didn’t treat anyone differently or any less. All of the Benders and Spectras were a one big family.

Ally continued, "...and I didn't find them. Now…” she started to point towards an area at the map when,

"Wow, nice paw marks" I remarked. Ally rolled her eyes and continued. Caden chuckled beside me...

"As I was saying, there are only left with five packs, Magenta, Ivory, Fuchsia, Mauve and Azure..." Chief Hayden and all his chief associates agreed on naming their packs, based on colours, as a respect to Spectras with their astounding ability to change into various colours.

"I'm curious; all these packs are our neighbours. Why didn't you look there first?" I questioned, Caden nodded, curious as well.

Ally sighed, "I know. At the funeral, I sensed other packs present. I connected with my soulmate Caden, Jer... He almost went to our direction, but his bender took off without me getting a glimpse of his face...I just thought that, looking further was better at the beginning. Then, I can focus on our neighbours…" She looked down, and I patted her head. She purred at my touch and turned a soft peach colour. Caden smiled.

"It's fine Ally, now, when do we start?" I asked, feeling excited for this little hunt.

"Tomorrow, when Kai is off to school. We'll divide the territories then. I don't want her to worry that I go out that often. It's killing me, to not talk to her, but I just can't. I just hoped that, by finding our soulmate for her, she would be happy again. You two don't know, but..." she paused and stare off in the distance.

Caden and I raised our eyebrows, waited for her next words...She sighed again.

"She's been talking and sometimes screamed in her sleep. I calmed her down sometimes, but she broke into sobs after that. I just can't take it anymore. She may seem okay, but believe me, she's worse..." Her green cat eyes got watery.

Caden wrapped his body around Ally's and they both turned aqua, before Ally turned a soft pink.

"I know, Ally. And we won't give up. Not ever…" I assured her while hugging her in a bone crushing hug. She thanked both of us and we grouped hug to calm Ally's weeping.

We stayed there in the attic for some time, Caden and me looking through the map. Ally was sound asleep on my lap. She deserved it, she worked hard to be getting this far.

"She's a very strong Spectra you know?" I said, suddenly breaking the silence. Caden already cleaned up all the boxes and map, and we sat there, not wanting to wake Ally up. Caden jerked his head up from his lying position.

"Well, Kaira will make a very strong bender too. Believe me. It's really, really hard to stay away from your soulmate from the first time you laid eyes on them. That makes their soulmate are strong too..." Caden stated his mind. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, you're right. But remind me, when I finally got to meet their soulmates, make sure I beat them up before meeting them up with our sisters..." I punched my palm together playfully and we laughed.

"Count me in..." Caden growled.

Fantastic! Chapter done, lemme know what you think :)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Blood Order Від Esther Steel

Наукова фантастика

210K 8.3K 61
"Are you coming to bed firefly?" He says to me laying his hands over my waist joining me in looking over the city. "I want to look out for a little...
129K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
934 21 33
A world where Scott and Stiles have female versions of them selves that they don't know exist. What happens when the duos meet up? (Mature for violen...
84.8K 5K 22
For 1000 years, a wolf was chained and kept alone as a punishment, without anyone to love him. He grew bitter and bitter, wanting to destroy earth an...