hard to love ( klaus mikaelso...

By feltonmyhusband

in which klaus mikaelson goes to exceeding lengths for the love of his life. [๐ค๐ฅ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
ACT TWO.
01
02
03
04
05
06
new cover !!
07
08

Chapter Six

8.5K 222 32
By feltonmyhusband

     "SHALL we go for a walk?" A thick accent asked as the raven-haired girl stared out the window. She watched the clouds move ever so slightly. She felt peace and serenity as she imagined herself floating on the clouds. In her head, she looked down and saw the town of Mystic Falls. She saw the little people walking around and the different establishments. But when she looked out, she saw dark clouds in the distance moving closer. It seemed to follow someone in the town, so she looked down. She saw the Mikaelson's walking in a group, and their dark aura following.

"Dahlia." The voice said again. The girl snapped back into reality and turned her head. Her blue eyes locked with Klaus' same coloured ones. 

"Sorry, what did you say?" She asked.

"A walk sounds delightful right about now. What do you say, love?" He raised his eyebrows and smirked. 

"Sure." She said softly. He took her arm in his and sped them to a forest of trees.

"Quite the walk." She scoffed. He grinned.

"Well, the walk starts now." She gave a fake smile and looked down. Burning questions were eating at her, but she didn't want to ask. Her pride was too strong. The two walked in an uncomfortable silence. Or at least Dahlia thought it was uncomfortable until she quickly glanced at Klaus and saw him perfectly fine.

"You're terrible at stealing looks at people, you know that?" He said while looking forward. She bit her lip and cursed herself. 

"I wasn't looking at you." She lied.

"Oh really. And what exactly were you looking at?" He stopped and whispered in her ear. She felt her breathing hitch. She turned her head so that their lips were merely brushing.

"Not you." She breathed in his face. She smirked as she moved her head away and continued walking. Klaus hid a smile and sped up beside her. Dahlia decided to swallow her pride and ask her questions.

"Who else is a vampire in this town?" She asked, curiosity consuming her tone. Klaus eyed her and licked his bottom lip.

"Well, I'm sure you already know your dear friend Caroline is a vampire." Dahlia bit the inside of her cheek. She still couldn't believe it. Although she knew not all vampires killed, she still wondered if Caroline had ever killed someone.

"Not the Bennett Witch." Dahlia gaped.

"Bonnie?! She's a witch? There's witches?!" Klaus smirked.

"And wolves." She stayed silent while processing the newfound infortmation.

"Stefan and Damon Salvatore are vampires." She didn't recognize those names.

"Rebekah and Elijah, obviously." He tilted his head in thought. Dahlia's hopes of Rebekah being a human were shot down. 

"The doppelganger is now a vampire too." He clenched his jaw. 

"Who?" 

"Of course you don't know. Elena Gilbert." She gaped at the man. "Your question should be, who isn't a vampire in this town?" She laughed. Her laugh trailed off as she bit her lip.

"Will Kol kill me?" She asked quietly. Klaus stopped and looked at her. 

"I won't let him. Mark my words, darling."

"I'm scared, Klaus." He studied her face. Her once bright blue eyes seemed to have lost all it's shimmer. Her eyebags were puffy, he could tell she was up all night.

"Rebekah was trying to scare you this morning. I promise you, Dahlia, no one will hurt you." He gave a small smile so that his dimples came out. She forced a smile. She wanted to believe him, but Kol was his family and family came first. The fear she felt was draining her. She didn't want to die, not yet anyway.

"Come." He led her a bit further until a large brown house was in sight. 

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"I have business to attend to." He said annoyed. The two walked to the front door and Klaus knocked the big brown door. Almost instantly, the door was opened by an awfully good-looking brunette boy. Dahlia recognized him as the boy Elena was talking to on the track field. 

"Finally." He said. Klaus stood outside the door. Dahlia wondered why he didn't step in.

"Are you going to invite me or not?" He said impatiently. The boy smirked.

"Come in." Klaus walked in and hit his shoulder against the boy's. Dahlia followed him in.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"Dahlia, meet Stefan. Stefan, Dahlia." Stefan smiled and nodded at Dahlia. She returned the gesture and followed Klaus into the living room. The fire burned a bright orange-red mix as it cracked and popped. Dahlia zoned out while watching it.

"So where is she? And for future reference, one voicemail is just as effective as nine." He stood with his hands behind his back. Stefan led the two up the wooden stairs and into a large room. A bed was in the middle of the room. Dahlia saw Elena in the bed. She looked sick and pale.

"What's wrong, love?" He said once he saw her.

"She has werewolf venom in her system. You know you're the only one that can heal her, Klaus. Please." Stefan answered. 

"And what would you have done if I were no longer here, hmm? If you and your friends had succeeded in ridding the world of me? Let's play that game for a moment, shall we?" 

"What do you want from me?" Stefan interrupted.

"I don't want anything from you....her on the other hand." He looked over to Elena and walked to the bed. He sat on the edge of the bed, looking at her. 

"If you had told me a few hours ago, I wouldn't have cared a lick about her dying. But as it turns out.." He bit his wrist and lightly pushed it into Elena's mouth.

"You may be of use to me afterall." He smirked. Dahlia walked over and smiled at Elena.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly. She didn't know what was going on but she assumed that werewolf venom killed vampires, and Klaus was the cure. Literally. Elena nodded and gave a tired smile. 

"I'm fine." Dahlia stood by the bed with Elena as Klaus got off the bed and walked to the door. The group was interrupted by another handsome man walking in.

"I came as fast as I could." He looked over to Dahlia. "Clearly not fast enough." He smirked and walked over to her. 

"Damon. Salvatore." He introduced himself. Klaus sped over between Dahlia and Damon. He dug his hand into his chest and touched his heart. Damon groaned.

"Don't talk to her, understood?" Damon nodded up and down rapidly. Klaus pulled his hand out and pointed his bloody finger at Stefan. 

"You too, Rippah." Stefan slightly nodded. Klaus held Dahlia's arm with his bloody hand and walked out. The two walked out the big brown door and Dahlia pushed Klaus' arm off and paced as she remembered Caroline.

"She's probably so worried. I didn't go to school today, I need to call her." She dialed her number and held the phone to her ear. The phone rang once and was immediately answered by the Forbes girl.

"Hello? Dahlia? Where are you?! Are you okay??" Caroline began throwing questions at Dahlia, even through the phone.

"Hey Caroline, I'm fine."

"Where are you?" She asked. Dahlia looked up at Klaus who smirked back at her.

"I...I'm with Klaus." She said slowly. Dahlia could hear Caroline's gasp.

"Klaus?! Are you crazy?!" She silently hissed into the phone.

"I'm okay Care. He's not gonna hurt me. I think." She added the last part quietly.

"Where are you? I'll come over there right now."

"No I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me. I'll come to school tomorrow." Caroline sighed.

"Fine. But you're still on the cheer team, remember? You're staying after school to learn the routine because the pep rally is in 2 days. Oh my god it's in 2 days and you don't-" She began blabbing.

"Okay well I'll see you. Bye Care." Dahlia interrupted Caroline midway and ended the call. She turned to see Klaus leaning on a tree trunk with his signature smirk plastered on his face.

"Never took you for a cheerleader. Although, a tiny cheer outfit would look pleasant on you." He eyed her up and down.

"How did you...."

"Vampires can hear everything." Dahlia nodded. There was a lot she had to get used to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7.2K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
9.7K 292 23
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ a sarcastic blonde whose haunted by the dead meets a boy with a perfect smile who just so happens to be haunted by his past? Wi...