Archer

By -pcyxoxo-

"He was the Archer and I was his prey...." Haley Beatrice Lynne, was on vacation for the first time after eig... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 20

1K 63 0
By -pcyxoxo-

Haley

We glared at each other for a while.

"End of discussion." He said as he stood up.

"It's not. We didn't even discussed why you are being like this. It's making you sound bossy and rude."

"You can call me bossy or a*s, but that's the end of the discussion." He put his empty bowl in the sink. "I'm going to shower and call it a night."

"We still have to talk about this." I said. "You can boss me when it comes to work, but not when it comes to my life."

He sighed. "Seriously Haley?" He said. "You want to start now?"

"Yes. We should end this someway."

"Okay fine." He said. "Do whatever you want." He raised his hands in surrender. "I'm f*cking out of this." And he turned and walked away. He seemed pretty mad and I was mad too. He doesn't get to tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my life.

Mrs.Nolan walked in quietly. "How was dinner?" She asked and I was not sure if she was pretending to not know the situation or genuinely didn't.

Mrs.Nolan was impressed with my cooking and I give her a small smile. We tied up and then I went to take a shower. I found out Mrs.Nolan lives just down the street. She walks here to work or her husband drops her off and picks her up later. She left as soon as we were done.

After the shower I thought whether I should talk to Archer and decided to suck up my pride and talk to him. He was in his office like I thought. He was on the computer and was talking on the phone. I knocked before walking in.

"Yes, I got it." He watched me walk in. "I will look into this and let Nathaniel know as well. We will have a talk about this first thing in the morning." I stood near his table, standing awkwardly and he made a gesture for me to sit down. "Yes, that will be it. Goodnight." And he ended the call.

"I want to apologize for being rude at that time."

"It's fine, it's your life and you are old enough to make your own decision." He said coldly.

I guess he really doesn't want to talk now.

"Right." I said.

"Like I said before, you can do whatever you want." He said and I nodded my head at him.

"Okay, good night." I said.

"Good night." He said and I exited his office and back to my room.

If we are like this at the moment. I wonder what will happen once I'm working with him. I think we will drive each other crazy. I went to bed early that night- a change for once at least.

The next morning, I woke up feeling refresh and good. I guess, sometime we need to catch up on our sleep. I have slept until eight-thirty. Jeez. I slept around ten last night.

Of course, Archer left for work when I stepped out of my room. Mrs.Nolan was in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ms.Lynne." Mrs.Nolan said.

"Haley." I corrected her for what seems like hundredth times now.

"Haley, breakfast?" She smiled.

"I'll have cereals." I said.

She opened the pantry and looked at me.

"Cheerios, please." I said. "Archer left for work?"

"Yes. He left a message. Ms.Piper will be coming to do your wardrobe today."

I thought it was tomorrow and before I could say that, she added.

"They are coming today and tomorrow. It takes time for them to figure out things. They will be here after lunch. Around two pm."

"Do I have to be here?" I asked.

"For fittings, yes." She give me an apologetically looks.

"Did Archer said anything else?" I asked.

"No." She said as she poured me some cereals in a bowl.

"Milk?" she asked.

"I can manage." I tell her. "Thank you." I said.

After the trip from yesterday, I think she's comfortable around me and able to speak what she thinks in her mind.

"I'm going to vacuum the place a little, I will be starting from upstairs. If you need anything, call out." She said.

"Thank you." I said and then she left me alone. I checked my phone for texts and sure enough, I had texts from my friends in the group and some from my coworker who was curious about my whereabouts. One even asked me without beating the bush if the rumours was true, that I have transferred to New York.

I did get a reply from Isaac, who said he was surprised by my email. I was glad that Isaac was a good landlord who only made me sign the lease for first year and then was kind enough to remove it and give me the opportunity to move out whenever I wanted, so I didn't have to pay any fine for breaking the lease. There's not many good landlords like these and I wonder if I will be able to find another like him when I do go back to Seattle. He's a good landlord.

I emailed him back that next week I will be moving my things and the apartment will be empty for the rest of the month.

Grant comes in with a storage file box with someone whom I'm not familiar with behind him. It was a woman dressed in a formal shirt and skirt and her hair was neatly curled.

"Ms.Lynne." Grant was all business like and I doubt I should correct him at this moment to call me Haley. "Ms.Williams is here to deliver the files that you will need to start the work on Monday."

Perfect. At least that will keep me busy for sometime before I play dress up games in the afternoon.

The woman didn't seem too please to see me as she introduced herself to me. "Hello, my name is Amanda Williams, you must be Haley Lynne." She said giving me a fake smile.

"Hello." I said.

Grant said he will put the box in the office and left me alone with Amanda.

"There are files that you need to learn it to help Mr.Rivera in his meetings. Learning of the clients names for instance." She said flipping her hair. "A laptop will be delivered to you soon where you can set up your Whistler email."

"You will have access to his calendar and make sure to book appointments and when he cancels one make sure that you call the clients and confirm a new date." She seemed bored now trying to explain to me.

I wanted to ask if she was his assistant, but I doubt she's still working after resigning.

"He usually comes in after breakfast and if not, you have to figure out his breakfast. You are in charge of his lunch and snacks as well. He likes espresso in his black coffee, sometime he will have latte. You have to ask him what he wants."

I hope I can remember what she's saying. It's too much informations to take in.

"There are lists of people who you can't forward their calls or set an appointments with Mr.Rivera. It's mostly his exes." She looked bored. "You have to be very careful as some of them are sneaky. Their names are all in a different file with title, blacklisted."

"Here's my card for more questions." She said handing me her card. It says she's a manager. "Feel free to email me your questions and I will respond as quickly as I can. Any questions?"

"Not yet." I said.

"Okay good." She said. "I will take my leave now." She give me a hand shake before turning around and walking towards the elevator. Grant followed behind her and I made my way towards Archer's office and opened the box.

There are way too many files and too much information. I flipped through the files of clients-whose pictures, names and positions are all neatly labelled and I wondered who did this. It's brilliant. I found my job details in a separate files.

Basically I have to attend all the meetings he goes to (unless he says otherwise) wrote down the meetings details in a journal and what surprised me in the description was to help him stay out of trouble with his girlfriends. It seemed like whoever made this file added it recently as it was written in pen instead of prints.

Mrs.Nolan knocked at the door and walked in while I was too into learning the informations in front of me. I have to do good even though it's temporary.

"It's one fifteen.. you didn't eat lunch yet? Ms. Piper will be here soon.." she reminded.

Where did the time go? I closed the file and stood up as I walked with her to the kitchen. She had my lunch ready and I was thankful that she cooked me something.

I ate my lunch quickly as Janice will be arriving soon. She came five minutes early with few extra peoples who was carrying boxes and was rolling clothing racks.

Oh boy.. I don't think I'm ready for any of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 44.8K 55
"Beg for it." He growled in my ear, making heat shoot straight to my core. "Never." I hissed back as his fingers moved faster inside me. His chest w...
88.2K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
88K 4.5K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
615K 32.2K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...