Just Like Summer ( Jeon Jungk...

taestuIip द्वारा

The fateful summer of 2019 has brought two strangers to meet at the beach of the land of the rising sun. Jun... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64 - FINALE
EPILOGUE - Part 1
EPILOGUE - Part 2
EPILOGUE- FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 5

1.8K 99 24
taestuIip द्वारा

"This is the temple. We have some time before the dance starts, would you like to get a charm for yourself?"

"We are going to the dance?", he looks at her, his doe eyes widening.

"If you want to"

"I don't mind at all—"

"Or do you prefer to film something nice with that camera of yours?", she points at the camera in his hand. "There is a small lake behind the temple. They have lanterns hung along the small bridge. It's beautiful too. Up to you, this is your summer. You decideeee"

Sara turns to him as soon she uttered the last sentence, flinching when their eyes met. Jungkook didn't look away and so does she. The two of them look at each other, falling into an awkward but yet comfortable silence. His big eyes look almost sparkly under the bright lanterns' lights, making it looks bigger on his small face. The soft wind breezing through them makes his magenta hair blown softly to the side, exposing more of his forehead.

Jungkook's face is like bashful of youth and innocence. There is so much light and happiness on his face that makes him look like an innocent young adult. His gleaming doe eyes are like deer's, so big and round yet so beautiful. His small face is so cute, and his bunny smile is just too endearing to her. But in contrast to that, his face is also handsome on a note. That prominent jawline stands out making him look manly and also strong in a way. He is handsomely cute and Sara swore he had never someone like him in her entire life.

How can a person be this handsome and breath-taking?

Realizing that they had been staring at each other, Sara quickly looks away and clears her throat. "To the temple?"

Jungkook flinched when he finally realized what he did. Suddenly feeling embarrassed, he feels his cheeks starting to burn as he too looked away and blows a puff of air. Shaking his head slightly, he watches as Sara walks ahead of him, heading straight to the small wooden house a few steps away from them. Thank god she didn't see him getting all red and flustered.

Pacing quickly to keep up with her, finally walking beside her as they walk along the pathway that leads to the entrance of the temple. He sees a few others around the area, spotting a number of couples walking side by side while holding their hands. The temple looks serene, perhaps because most of the people are indulging with the countless selections of street food at the festival.

Enjoying the serenity of the quiet place, Jungkook's eyes wander everywhere trying to take in the beautiful calm sight of the temple. He feels captivated by the scenery, despite the dimness but he feels like it has just the right amount of light to keep the place alive.

"Lucky charm?", she points at the small wooden house beside them.

"Yes", his eyes light up immediately at the mention of it. "Let's go"

"What would you wish for? A happier life? A long-lasting good luck in life?"

"It's a secret", he jokes, smirking as he looks down.

"Geez, fine", she playfully scoffs at him as they finally reached the window pane.

Both of them are greeted by a middle aged man, dressed in a cotton brown traditional clothing, his white hair thin on hisalmost bald head but yet his face holds such warmness. He bows politely to both of them, lips elevating into a very big grin as he looks at Jungkook and then he turns to Sara.

"A couple I see", he laughs deeply, shaking his head slightly before taking a cylinder box from under the table.

"No no no, we are not", Sara quickly corrects him.

The old man arched an eyebrow, blinking slowly as he turns to Jungkook once again. With the look of complete confusion, he clears his throat as he stares at Jungkook. Feeling shy, Jungkook just bows politely at him as he flashed a small smile at the old man.

"Young lady, this man is not yours?", he asked sheepishly, eyes still looking at Jungkook. "She is not yours?"

Jungkook could only mumbles to himself, not understanding a word this man has said to him. Hopelessly he turns to Sara, finding her looking at the old man with a blank face before she breaks into a small laughter.

"No, we are not together. He is a tourist, not from here. He wishes to get a lucky charm", she calmly says, before turning to Jungkook. "What kind of charm would you like?"

"Char—Oh!...wait. I—wait, it's supposed to be a secret", he sighs in defeat, pouting slightly at the realization.

Sara couldn't help but to fondly look at his adorable reaction, finding his reaction genuinely cute.

"Fine, there are photos on the selections. I will leave it to you", she points at the table, showing the many small figures that symbolizes their wishes. "Take your time. I will wait at the side"

Sara slowly inches to the side, standing at the corner of the small wooden house as she gestures him to make his choice. Jungkook nervously turns to the old man, flinching when he smiles so widely at him. Awkwardly he looks down at the wooden table, eyes zooming at the many selections of charms for him to choose. He looks at every small icon beside the Japanese writings, trying his best to understand the meaning of the symbols.

He can see a symbol of a heart between two different genders, assuming it's a charm for a long-lasting romantic relationship. Well, not that one. Beside that symbol, he sees a symbol of a book, or maybe a certificate; for educational luck. There is also a symbol of infinity, which he assumes to be something that is for a person that wished for something to last forever. That symbol caught his eyes, making him look intently at the icon as he thinks.

What exactly does he wish for?

Looking up, he finds the old man still smiling at him, nodding as he gestures him to make a choice. Gulping inwardly, he turns to find Sara. Leaning on the wooden table, she has her arms crossed as she looks at the empty space in front of her. She didn't realize Jungkook was looking at her.

Jungkook suddenly feels his heart flutters. The strange feeling budding in his heart has been troubling him for a few nights. There was a night he was in bed, too tired of walking around the town with Sara but yet, he feels content. Could it be that his stressed are flushed away by having fun or is it because he certainly loves her company?

He remembers the first time he met Sara a few days ago. But it felt like he had known her for a much longer time. That blonde hair standing out among the others, her bright smile that seems to shine miles away. As much as he can remember exactly how she looks like, a certain part of her feels blurry. It feels like the pieces of her are there but yet, invisible. He wants to remember her, the kind-hearted girl who gets along so well with him despite being strangers.

If there is something to be a metaphor for the existence of Sara—it's the bright moon on a dark night. He couldn't deny there is something mysterious about her, as if she has tall wall built around her to keep people away. He can see it even when she does not show it. Her gorgeous looks itself is a plus point besides her kind heart but the exceptional warm energy around her seems to pull him closer.

He feels regretful, so regretful that they are to part ways soon. The deal Sara made about not exchanging any personal details feels like a torture now. He wants to be friends with her, for a much longer time. Not just during this summer break. Not just here and not just now. Does he want more? Maybe no but maybe yes.

How can a person, a sane person like him in the righteous mind, would ever let go of a chance to be friends with someone like Sara?

But alas, it is not up to him to decide. He will leave in a couple of days and everything he wished for will stay as a sweet yet bitter memory. He didn't want to bring that personal details up, not intending to break the comfortable relationship they have now. It could be sensitive to her, he wouldn't know that. Thus, he needs to avoid that.

All he can do now is to enjoy whatever time left he has with her. Even for this summer. Just for this summer.

The old man's deep cough startled him, making him turn to look at his grinning face. Just as he was about to say "sorry", the old man slowly brings one finger to one of the symbols on the selections. Curious and also confused, Jungkook follows his finger that lands on a symbol of infinity and also a heart.

The old man taps on the symbol, nodding as he turns to look at Sara before turning to look at him once again.

And with that, he knows which charm he is getting.

~~~~
NOTE

Hello everyone! How do you find this book so far? I hope it's not getting boring....T_T

But, thank you for reading! Love youu

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4K 409 19
On one night in the summer, Ji Eun Lee, a descent Indonesian-Korean girl, got involve in contract with Jung Kook Jeon, a famous South Korean young s...
SUMMER CAMP ♔ tk zan द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

645K 34.5K 42
Taehyung has this summer crush on the new instructor; Jungkook. But was it wrong for him not to consider the chances of falling in love? "Summer jus...
3.1K 396 33
Two suns revolve around the center stage but go towards different directions. Jung Hoseok could clearly remember that girl who followed him around...
7.5K 454 15
"I think I've fallen for you. The real you." -Jeon Jeongguk ____ Park Meira was an average college girl with a not so average side job. She happened...