Caregiver | KTH

By shonendan

At first he was completely against the idea of babysitting him, but little did he knew the longer you spend y... More

Introduction
Caregiver | Part 1
Caregiver | Part 2
Caregiver | Part 3
Caregiver | Part 4
an update about character
Caregiver | Part 5
Caregiver | Part 6
Caregiver | Part 7
Caregiver | Part 8
Caregiver | Part 9
Caregiver | Part 11
Caregiver | Part 12
Caregiver | Part 13
Caregiver | Part 14
Caregiver | Part 15
Caregiver | Part 16
Caregiver | Part 17
Caregiver | Part 18
Caregiver | Part 19
Caregiver | Part 20
Caregiver | Part 21
Caregiver | Part 22
Caregiver | Part 23
Caregiver | Part 24
Caregiver | Part 25
Caregiver | Part 26
Caregiver | Part 27
Caregiver | Part 28
Caregiver | Part 29
Caregiver | Part 30
Caregiver | Part 31
Caregiver | Part 32
Caregiver | Part 33
Caregiver | Part 34
Caregiver | Part 35
Caregiver | Part 36
Caregiver | Part 37
Caregiver | Part 38
Caregiver | Part 39
Caregiver | Part 40
Caregiver | Part 41
Caregiver | Part 42
Caregiver | Part 43
Caregiver | Part 44
Caregiver | Part 45
End
𝐵𝑂𝑁𝑈𝑆 𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅
ALT. ENDING
Thank you 💜

Caregiver | Part 10

10.7K 699 341
By shonendan

You were in the living room, sweeping the floor. It was really quiet, and the only sound that occupied the whole place was the sound of your swept. The quietness had you in a pensive mood as you're in a deep thinking about random things. Suddenly Jungkook came across your mind.

First day of meeting Jungkook, he already became one of the reasons behind your happy smile. You chuckled when you recalled back the moment you met him where you were surprised to see him and assuming him as a bad guy. And all the jokes he gave, your stomach hurt because of the amount of laughter you had. But the highlight part of your descriptive was the tiny dimple that appeared at the corner of his lips everytime he smiled.

The way he comfortably telling you about the story behind Taehyung's accident somehow made you feel like you're one of the important people in his life. You raised an eyebrow in disbelief when he revealed his relation with Taehyung's girlfriend.

Ah, Taehyung's girlfriend. She looked really pretty in the picture, and you can imagine how pretty she must be in person. Definitely his type. Speaking of Taehyung, you blinked when the image of him with his short, slick back hair from the picture now stuck in your head. The dark suit he wore showed how manly of a man he is. Let alone the strong appearance of his masculinity.

Your heart began to race in the same fast pace from the first time you saw that picture again. You stopped, rubbing your chest in an attempt to calm down the crazy heart beats. You constantly reminding yourself that there's no way you can catch feelings for him, because of the different level and different status. And different type.

As you turned around, you startled to see Taehyung there facing you. You can feel his stare peering through the long, wavy bangs at you. You were so into with the sweeping and in your deep thinking that you didn't heard the noise of his wheelchair when he came. Or even the sound of his door creaked when he left his room.

You paused, now standing while facing him. You held firm the broom in your hand, not knowing if you should keep on sweeping or ask him if he needed anything.

"Make a tea for two. I'll be at the patio."

He instructed, and that's just it. He left to the porch where he will be waiting for you. Without even wasting any time, you headed to the kitchen and made him two cups of tea like he asked you to. This time you were pretty sure that the extra tea you made will not for any guests. It was for you.

You brought the cups carefully as you made your way to the porch, and slowly putting down the cup on his side of the table, and the other one on your side.

"So, um... should I go or should I... take a seat...?" You asked, just to make sure that your assumption was right. He nodded, and you're in total confusion of which one he answered to. Was he saying yes that you should leave him alone, or that you should sit down? You scratched your head.

"Take a seat."

He said, and you immediately pulled the chair under the table and sat down. While waiting for him to speak, you began to wonder what was he going talk about this time. Then you remembered the bad situation you went through when you entered his room earlier, that's when the rock of realisation hit you hard in your head to your chest.

You gulped, rearranging the scribble words of your apology. You were screwed enough by his loud yelling, and now you can only hope to make it through within your apologies. You really need to secure your job.

"Taehyung, um... before anything else, I truly apologised that I went through your, personal belongings. I was curious to see all of the pictures there, so I went to far by taking a closer look at them. I promised I will not repeat this unethical behaviour again. Just, please..." you paused, as if the last words you were about to say got stuck in your throat. "...don't fire me."

You sat still, silently waiting for him to respond although you were not ready to hear what he's about to say.

"No."

He said. One word, and you're confused as hell. He really be confusing you with one, simple common word. Slowly he turned his head to you.

"You're not fired." He said, and his head turned back to the landscape viewing. You gawked to his unexpected response. "It's not your fault." He added.

You shook your head as you disagreed with him. "It actually is! I shouldn't have ask for your permission in the first place." You explained yourself.

"That's fine." He shortly replied, taking a sip of the tea you made.

You didn't dare to say anything afterward. You can't tell if he forgave you or not, but at least you didn't lose your job. And that's a relief.

"So you have met my friend Jungkook."

Upon hearing him mentioned Jungkook, you chuckled as you nodded with a yes. "Yeah. He's such a funny guy."

You noticed the corner of his lips tugged upward from his profile. For the first time in your entire working life, you saw him smiling. He may be smiling without looking at you, but to see the smile on his face had eased your heart a little bit.

"He is." He replied. "The Japchae and rice cakes were supposed to be my ultimate secret, but I'm glad he told you about it." He turned his head to you again. "It's been a while since I had those. The last time was before I ended up like this." Then there's the half smile. "Thank you, Suyin."

You clasped your hands under the table, feeling deeply touched by his lowkey appreciation. You couldn't help but to return his half smile by smiling dearly at him.

"You're most welcome!" You cooed with delight. "I don't know if you're allowed to have those foods, but don't worry I won't tell your mom." You promised him with a raised hand. You were being serious, but somehow it made him laugh and that surprised you so much. Kim Taehyung laughed at your not really-meant-to-be-a-joke promise, and you felt like you had just unlocked an achievement.

"I trust you." He said, still with his remaining laugh.

You wanted to ask about his friendship with Jungkook, but your mind was bothered to know why his girlfriend didn't even came for a visit since it's almost a week you had been working for him. Jungkook refused to answer to your question, so you're left with Taehyung to give you the answer you needed to know.

You crossed your heart and hope that he wouldn't get mad at you again for crossing the line into his personal life.

"Can I ask you a question? It's kind of personal, if you don't mind."

You asked, with a slight tremble voice. He was already in a good mood, so he just shrugged it off. "Yeah sure."

"You know, it has been a week since I worked here, and I was wondering if your girlfriend ever visited you before...? Sorry I didn't mean to cross the line. I was just, you know... the only people of your closed ones rather than your parents who came for a visit was Jungkook."

You saw the smile on his face began to fade, and now replaced with no expression. You knew you had just digging your own grave thanks to your curiosity. But you just couldn't help it.

He surely took his time whether to answer or not. So you assumed his quietness as his refusal to answer. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have–"

"We broke up."

And that took you by surprise. You couldn't believe what you had just heard. According to the picture you saw of him and the woman together, they really be looking like each other's happy ending.

"Oh." That's the only word you can respond.

"She did came for a visit one month after the incident, but she came only to break up with me." He revealed. And by the way he spoke, you can hear the despair in his voice. Like he lost his hope.

You felt a little melancholy to hear such sadness in his voice. You tried to visualise the situation based on what Jungkook had told you before. Taehyung was on his way to kneel before his girlfriend and pull out a ring, but ended up in a tragedy that could cost him his life. And to make things worse, his only source of happiness decided to walk away from his miserable life and never to return. The pain was really unbearable to be felt.

"Now I feel like I don't have any will to live anymore. I don't care. I hate my life." He added. The way he said it like he was done with his life.

You shook your head. "No." You said. He looked at you in bewilderment by the single word you uttered.

"Kim Taehyung, I will take care of you and help you with your healing process. And I will make sure you will have the life you always wanted by the time you are fully recovered physically and emotionally. I know I'm just a caregiver, but I'm a human being too. And I don't want to see people giving up on their life when they actually have the potential to refresh and start a new life." You blurted out your vow, but you mean it. You meant every word you said to your determination.

He was stunned by your the sudden oath, but then he chuckled. "You don't have to."

You nodded, not at his decline. But to the oath you said. "Oh I will. And I will make sure you will be able to find someone better to settle down with."

You put up your biggest smile at him, and he did the same to you. Little did you know, you gave him a little hope to survive.

"Although, you really need to stop hating on your life already and start learning to love yourself a bit more. Trust me, when you love yourself, you will never feel so much alive." You assured him with a piece of advice about life.

"Hm... I never thought about that before. I guess I can give it a try. I mean, the entire time I feel like I'm dead although I'm well aware that I am still breathing." He said with a bit of joking tone.

Later that night, your working hours finally ended. Taehyung was in his room, went to bed early than his bedtime. And you were about to leave when something unfortunately happened.

It was raining outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 2.4K 13
"Three months was more than I needed to know that I wanted to be with you." Kim Taehyung. *Kim Taehyung Fanfiction *FINAL BOOK IN THE IDOL SERIES (P...
3K 127 35
A short glimpse of the story.... Y/n: I love you tae....but Tae: but what...???? Y/n: I can't be your... Tae: you can't ditch me like this Y/n: sorr...
15.7K 576 32
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤�...
5.7K 437 23
𝐉𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 × 𝐎𝐂. 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛 : 𝐒𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 :) *read at your own risk*