Silver Hearts | Sakusa Kiyoomi

By omikiku

After spending most of her childhood in America for 6 years, (Y/N) finally returns to Japan. It has been a lo... More

discontinued...?
ยซ prologue ยป
2 | star of the school
3 | grand entrance
4 | the blooming of wisteria
5 | kantou tournament I
6 | kantou tournament II
7 | golden voice I
8 | golden voice II
9 | sleepyhead
10 | invincible
11 | preparation
12 | court conqueror
special | code r
13 | rice porridge
14 | an unpleasant encounter
15 | king of the court
16 | fresh new day
17 | disinfectant
18 | good times
19 | feeling alive
special | turtle? tortoise?
20 | ground zero
21 | destiny and fate
22 | ephemeral
23 | black beast
24 | perfect time
25 | flaws
26 | a beautiful world
27 | weasels vs fox
28 | give me a purpose
29 | awaken
30 | only her
31 | kronen
32 | dry flower
33 | moon of dawn
34 | polaris
35 | sea of clouds
36 | lionheart
37 | my salvation
38 | dead eyes
39 | sparkling starlights
40 | paper hearts
41 | bittersweet

1 | reunion of two souls

23.1K 878 1.1K
By omikiku

Dusk was falling and goosebumps appeared on Sakusa's arms from the evening chill. The green shrubbery now looking almost black silhouetted. He had just finished practice and was about to head home. His arms felt snuff from practice as they were getting ready for the upcoming Kantou Tournament. Ever since he had been going to Itachiyama Academy, they've been able to attend Nationals every year.

He was waiting at the gates for his friend, Komori, who was still in the change room. He was growing impatient as time went by, pacing back and forth.

"Sorry, sorry," Komori called out, jogging towards the gate where Sakusa waited. "I couldn't find my towel so it took me some time to find it."

Sakusa snapped and turned away. "I was just about to leave without you. Did you get the list for the upcoming practice matches?"

"Yep," Komori handed him a sheet filled with information on the upcoming practice matches they had. "Coach really likes to do practice matches, doesn't he?"

"If we don't practice enough, we'll fail."

Komori sighed out. "You're as negative as ever..."

"I am not negative-"

His statement was cut off when he heard someone suddenly call his name. "Kiyo?"

A nickname that he hasn't heard in 6 years. No one else calls him that except for that one girl, but she couldn't be here. She left a long time ago, why would she suddenly be back?

He turned to the voice where he saw a young lady around his age. Her face was so similar to hers, bright and warm. A face filled with joy.

Her flabbergasted expression was the very same ever since he last saw her. She donned an oversize white t-shirt that was tucked into her blue, loose jeans and accompanied by white sneakers. He had a feeling that it was her, but it felt all too unexpected.

"Is it really you?" She whispered out. (Y/N) only wanted to check out the school she was going to attend until she saw someone that resembled Sakusa. His appearance changed, his hair grew much longer and curlier. From what she was seeing, he seemed like a giant. The last time she saw him, he was the same height as her.

"(Y/N)?" Sakusa breathed out, slightly muffled by his mask. His eyes widened in surprise, dropping the paper he was holding before running towards her. Sakusa pulled her into a gentle embrace, letting her head lay on his torso. Her presence felt familiar to him. "It really is you."

(Y/N) was taken aback by the sudden contact Sakusa had made. She could feel time stop as she leaned into the warm hug. After 6 years, she had finally found him. His hug showed how much he missed her, and the yearning desire to see her again. His presence was intimate as he emitted a comforting scent. She wrapped her hands around his tall build and relaxed her head onto his chest.

"I'm back Kiyo."

Komori watched from afar and stood in silence, not wanting to ruin the moment for the two. He was unbelievably shocked at Sakusa suddenly running off. He had never seen him do something impulsive since the spiker has always been prudent about his actions. After seeing him hug someone, Komori was amazed. Sakusa had never touched anything unnecessary, he was disgusted by the germs that they might possess, but now he's hugging someone? Just who was that girl?

Sakusa and (Y/N) finally broke the hug and faced the now smiling Komori who waved as if nothing happened. "Don't mind me, just keep doing your thing. It's quite an enjoyable sight."

Sakusa furrowed his brows at Komori's remark while (Y/N) giggled and tugged on Sakusa's sleeves. "Are you busy right now? Let's catch up sometime!"

"I was just about to go home, but I don't mind going somewhere to catch up."

As if it was on cue, Komori popped up beside the both of them and beamed. "Let's go to a nearby café!"

Sakusa grumbled at his suggestion. The thought of the germs inside the shop made him shiver, and he decided to only go because of (Y/N).

"That sounds great! Ah, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm (L/N), (Y/N), nice to meet you!"

"Komori Motoya at your service!" He bowed to her at which she waved off.

After a short walk, they arrive in front of a small coffee shop that was moderately busy. As Komori and (Y/N) walked in, Sakusa stood outside and stared at the crowd that formed inside. He huffed out a breath full of displeasure before forcing himself in. They found a spot near the window and sat down, while Sakusa stayed standing.

"When did you come back?" Sakusa asked.

"Just a few hours ago. I wanted to check out the school I would be attending and unexpectedly found out you two also go to the school."

Komori grinned at (Y/N). "You're going to love it here at Itachiyama Academy!"

After a few hours of talking, the sky had already turned dark, and the shop only had a few people left inside. The street lights had turned on, and the crickets start chirping.

"You played volleyball in America? That's cool!" Komori was really into the conversation. "We should play sometime."

"I'm not that good though," (Y/N) laughed out. "I only played it for two years before quitting.

"Good old Sakusa here can help! He is one of the three aces in Japan after all."  He jabbed his thumb in the direction of Sakusa who turned his head to the side and murmured something along the lines of helping anytime she asked.

Komori abruptly jumped out of his seat and glanced outside. "Ah, it's already dark outside. I better head home before my mom starts scolding me."

He slung his backpack over his shoulder before giving the two a wave. "Well, see you guys tomorrow!" The door chimed as he left, leaving Sakusa and (Y/N) together.

"Let me walk you home, it's unsafe for a lady to walk by herself in the dark," Sakusa offered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's on my way back anyway."

(Y/N) smiled at him before getting up from her seat. They began to walk in silence where the air grew thick.

"So, how was your time in America?" Sakusa asked, breaking the ice.

"Well, I learned a lot of things like English."

"That's nice."

After resuming a few moments of silence, (Y/N) finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry I never tried to reach out to you," she said while fumbling with her thumbs. "I missed you a lot though, Kiyo!"

"It's fine, it's not like you could do anything about it," he replied coldly.

They finally stop in front of a stone path that had ivy and ferns growing through the crevices of an old winding stone path, which led directly to the petite structure. (Y/N)'s mom spotted them through the window and flung the door open.

"Welcome back (Y/N), who's the young man beside you?"

(Y/N) almost forgot how much Sakusa must've changed in her mom's eyes. "It's Kiyo."

"Kiyoomi-kun? Oh my, you're so tall now!" (Y/N)'s mom walked up to them and inspected Sakusa.

"Hello (L/N)-san," Sakusa greeted and slightly bowed.

"Come join us for dinner. I'm sure (Y/N) has a lot to talk about!"

"Okaa-san. I'm sure he needs to go home now. We have school tomorrow." (Y/N) crosses her arms before giving Sakusa an apologetic look.

"Maybe next time, Kiyoomi-kun? We can invite your family over too. It'll be a good reunion."

"I'm sure my family will be happy to see your family. Thank you for the invitation. It's getting late so I must go now. Have a good evening." Sakusa bowed to (Y/N)'s mom before facing (Y/N).

"I'll see you tomorrow then." He placed his hand in his pocket and turned away to leave.

"Ah, Sakusa-kun has grown up very well. I can't wait to have grandchildren-"

"Okaa-san!"

"I was kidding. Now let's go back inside before you catch a cold," she says to (Y/N) and walked back into the house.

(Y/N) looked up at the sky. The breeze blew cool chills, making her shiver a bit. The sky above was cloudless and revealed the stars that twinkled in the midnight velvet region. It was rare to see the stars in America as it was always cloudy and blocked the view, but here, she could see it all so clearly.

What a serendipitous encounter (Y/N) had today. She didn't expect to see him on the first day back and was satisfied to see how much Sakusa had grown over the years.

"(Y/N)!" Her mother shouted out, making her snap out of her ruminations.

It was only the beginning of their story.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i'm having too much fun writing for this guy, it's kind of unhealthy (ᵕᴗ ᵕ⁎)

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.3K 116
(L/N) (Y/N) moved from Hyลgo Prefecture to Tokyo. Her first year in high school just ended and she will be transferred to Itachiyama High School in h...
594K 14.2K 34
A slow burn fanfic in which a germaphobe setter and a germaphobe ace meet each other in the All-Japan Youth Training Camp despite being in the same s...
103K 4.3K 39
(M.Atsumu x fem!reader) "๐ˆ ๐–๐€๐๐“ ๐“๐Ž ๐’๐“๐Ž๐ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐ˆ๐๐† ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐๐”๐“ ๐ˆ๐“'๐’ ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐“๐Ž๐Ž ๐‹๐€๐“๐„." L/n Y/n a girl who foolishly falls inl...
186K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...