Traversing Worlds

By DaiyokaiKnight

Seeing the System Transmigration type stories as interesting this story idea was born. This story contains a... More

Arc One Ch. 1
Arc One Ch. 2
Arc One Ch. 3
Arc One Ch. 4
Arc One Ch. 5
Arc One Ch. 6
Arc One Ch. 7
Arc One Ch. 8
Arc One Ch. 9
Arc One Ch. 10
Arc One Ch. 11
Arc One Ch. 12
System-One
Arc Ch. 13
Arc Ch. 14
Arc Ch. 15
Arc One Ch. 16
Arc One Ch. 17
Arc One Ch. 18
Arc One Ch. 19
Arc One Ch. 20
Arc One Ch. 21
System One
Arc One Ch. 22
Arc One Ch. 23
Arc One Ch. 24
Arc One Ch. 25
Arc One Ch. 26
Arc One Ch. 27
Arc One Ch. 28
Arc One Ch. 29
Arc One Ch. 30
Arc One Ch. 31
Arc One Ch. 32
Arc One Ch. 33
Arc One Ch. 34
Arc One Ch. 35
Arc One Ch. 36
Arc One Ch. 37
Arc One Ch. 38
Arc One Ch. 39
Arc One Ch. 41
Arc One Ch. 42

Arc One Ch. 40

133 3 1
By DaiyokaiKnight

Those too young and old to properly take part in defending the pack territory watched on from a safe distance as guards and those who were usually non combative moved forward as the mutant primates charged forward. The youths curious enough to get a better look at those currently engaging in fights were pulled back by their mother or an elder before being forced back even further. A distinctive line of females had formed who remained defensive as debris would fly overhead towards them in an attempt at distracting them from the smaller primates previously used as scouts.

Kira had long closed off her senses to the outside world in a risky attempt at overwhelming the dormant power lying just beneath the surface and acquiring it as quickly as possible. Much like each fragment of the Tear of Sorrow which had come before she'd mentally prepared for resistance though unlike others it didn't hold consciousness or a will to survive like some. It came away from the vessel with an uncharacteristic ease not felt before and left her feeling slightly strange about the whole experience but didn't have time to dwell on it since she now had the means of creating another miracle and needed to be quick.

Coming back to her full set of senses the smell of blood and death mixed with the scent of uncertainty. There was a cacophony filled with the sickening sounds of bodies being broken as bones were broken that mingled amongst the primal calls from both sides as they fought a bloody battle that would have only one side coming out on top.

The soul within little Kaia continued to keep her eyes on Kira's next actions but didn't have too much time before something felt wrong. It was a strangely cold sensation that passed through her tiny body that left her toes and fingers feeling as if they might fall off in the next moment. Wanting for the first time to actively vocalize her discomfort left the soul conflicted as she continuously reminded herself that she couldn't and felt as if she might also go mad for it.

Nora quickly took notice of her daughter's current state as the small form pressed against her own suddenly became so cold it could be felt though her clothing and sling which covered up Kira's state. Mentally Nora began to fret as her pup turned cold and stiff in her arms, there wasn't anything that could currently be done. She could only watch on while wolves too injured to fight were pulled back behind the defensive line and treated by Healer Zachary's students. Her grip on Kaia tightened, she prayed for the Moon Goddess's protection.

Without warning Kira collapsed to the ground pulling Nora's attention to what was happening around her. She bent down clutching Kaia to her chest while calling out in a panic to Kira who also seemed to suffer a similar condition as her pup. She reached out and gripped onto her hand finding the fingers cold and stiff. "Please wake up Kira!" Her voice was constricted with emotion as she didn't know what to do.

The transmigrated soul within Kaia felt the numbing cold recede though this moment of relief didn't last long. At the base of her skull came a burning sensation and could no longer hold back her tears. The first cry came out small and muffled which quickly swelled in volume. Nora's attention turned back to little Kaia finding her no longer cold and stiff but now burning with fever as her tiny limbs struggled against her hold.

Large tears with a sliver sheen glowing ever so faintly with power, smelling akin to the night of a full moon in winter. Two perfectly round droplets lifted from Kaia's bright red face, Nora watched them float for a moment in the air before dropping down onto Kira face that was turning blue and with an abrupt intake of breath she seemed to recover enough to sit up on her own power. Seeing Kira look around in apparent confusion pricked at Nora's heart feeling like she might've truly lost her friend completely.

Standing up with obvious signs of trouble the wild look in her eyes was blatant to Nora who'd never seen Kira appear in such a way. "Please" Came out strangled and distorted from disuse.

Kaia's cries became worse during this short exchange.

With conflicting emotions Nora glanced from little Kaia who was in obvious distress to Kira who was staring at her with an expectant silvery gaze. "Please I can help her."

Placing the crying pup into her arms Nora watched as Kira moved with a calm that didn't match their current dire situation they were under, she pressed a hand to the red little forehead while speaking softly enough that Nora couldn't quite hear what was said. The pup's cries got louder which tugged painfully at her heart as she instinctively moved to take little Kaia back.

Lifting up her hand and reaching out Nora came to a sudden stop feeling a shift in the already charged atmosphere. 'I can feel the presence of the Moon Goddess!' She silently exclaimed.

Kira stood beside the ancient tree holding Kaia in such a way that allowed her to comfortably reach out and touch the trunk. Nora's eyes widened at the sight of the tree taking on the same silvery glow that could be seen rolling down Kaia's cheeks and within Kira's eyes.

Neither side could ignore the brilliant glow and momentarily halting the fight between them. The ancient branches visibly shook as if coming to life. In a swift nearly unseen motion multiple points of lights burst forth. Each side gave sudden cries for different reason, the mutant primates hit by these points of light crumpled to the ground with a single hold in their chest, wolves that shouldn't have been able to make a recovery stood up also sporting a similar mark on their chests.

Both young and old felt the familiar touch of Moon Goddess power wash over them leaving a feeling of comfort and safety behind. With the tensioned released so suddenly it left most wolves a bit lost till the cries went up to the clear skies above where the faint shadow of the moon could be seen thanking the Moon Goddess for looking after them.

Kira expected Nora would want to question her about anything and everything that just happened. Instead the older female pulled her into a hug while shedding tears of joy. "The Moon Goddess has answered my prey, you're alright and even helped Kaia when she was in need. Ah! I am so sorry your wounds." She said pulling back seeing that some of the bandages came loose or became covered in dirt.

Kira shook her head while removing the wrappings to show the smooth skin underneath. "Thank you for looking after me Nora." Her voice came out small and weak but left Nora shaking her own head and wiping at new tears that rolled down her cheeks before getting a proper look at Kaia and holding a look of reverence. It was hard to tell if she would become a Little Moon at this age but she'd been touched by the power of the Moon Goddess while not only saving the pack but bring Kira back to them.

Kira glanced down at Kaia giving a small sigh while thinking about this new miracle she'd created and how it would impact the world going forward. Later on when checking the system for world updates she'd find the plan underwent a qualitative change and it would certainly continue on peacefully for much longer than it could've originally, though that is baring any incident that might radically change things. There was also no minor or major world characters lost during this time. In conclusion it showed this wasn't a newer plane which could be destabilized by artificially created miracles that could easily shake the faith of the natural citizens.

"Kira are you alright?" Nora asked noticing Kira's discomfort and thought it came from spotting the figure of Marcus in the crowd.

"Yes, it's nothing just a chill." It was an intangible memory that didn't seem to exist yet was bad enough she retained a fragment as a reminder. Nora was unconvinced but she didn't push it since Kira just recovered.

In the three weeks that passed the enthusiasm of the pack increased as they prepared a celebration to not only honor the memory of those lost during this time while showing their earnest gratitude towards the Moon Goddess for her intervention. Invitations had been sent to the territory leader, high ranking faith leaders who'd gone on a spiritual pilgrimage and some other important figures, while many other wolves from nearby packs had flood their pack to come and visit the ancient tree.

The deputy of the territory, Thalia, arrived with her team that doubled as bodyguards. She was here to investigate the surrounding area of the Pine Wood pack, to look into the humanoid primates that had attacked and a possibility of a Little Moon showing up within the territory looked after by ().

It'd been some time since Thalia lasted visited due to the Pine Wood pack's excellent upkeep of the nearby roads leading towards the Blue Valley pack and up into the Desert Jewel. Not much changed could be seen on their way down through a smaller road that was usually forgotten that leaded to the Tree Dweller pack.

Alpha Walter and two elders showed up and welcome her, though it did little to thaw the cold look in her eye. After doing a preliminary round in the nearby area and seeing the extensive damages still very visible even with the obvious new growth. It also didn't help her mood coming across the humanoids which smelled nothing like a wolf even in death. Doing a preliminary examination she noted not only their malformed limbs but the faint residual touch of the Moon Goddess's power.

With the pleasantries out of the way Thalia began inquiring about the one graced by the Moon Goddess.

"That would be Nora's little pup Kaia." Elder Rowen's voice shook with emotion bring up the pup.

"So the rumors I've been hearing are true then?" Seeing the second elder Florence overcome with emotion it seemed to be looking that way.

Alpha Walter touched the spot where he'd been touched by the branch, all of his wounds even old injuries that persisted to this day were no longer a bother. "I am unsure about all of the rumors you have heard while traveling this way. The truth is ever wolf in the pack felt the blessing of the Moon Goddess's power." Thalia believe as much never having seen such enthusiasm showed towards the moon outside of those old geezers who'd ran off looking for answers to why the Goddess stopped sending Little Moons to guide them.

Satisfied with the measures being taken to ensure the safety of the pup, Thalia was determined to look more into Nora before making a decision that Kaia was truly a Little Moon sent by the Moon Goddess. Since there'd been a time when many were impersonating Little Moon, causing mass amounts of deaths in the process before being caught and made to pay for their crimes.

Wiping the sweat from her forehead Kira stopped what she was doing and stood up to greet the Deputy, a small smile formed seeing the other female surrounded by some familiar faces.

"Kira Frost?" She asked in a pleasant enough way that others might not find so nice to the ear.

"I am so what can I do for you Deputy?" She asked having already recognized the symbol she carried with her though the heavily armed female guard did nothing to hide her status either.

"Little Moon can you tell me the truth about that day the Pine Wood pack was attacked." It wasn't a question and the suspicion in her eyes was heavy.

Pulling a rag from her belt Kira began cleaning her hands free of dirt. "That I can do though my memory of that particular day is hazy along with two or so weeks leading up, but what would you like to know?"

"Who performed the act that healed a hundred wounded wolves and killed the invading force?"

Kira thought about it for a moment before speaking. "I am not sure what you mean by that... the Moon Goddess is the one who saved the Pine Wood pack."

"Your name became quite famous for a time before suddenly disappearing; can you tell me why you're so far from your territory?

Kira cocked her head slightly. "What do you by that Deputy; everything beneath the glow of the moon is my territory. As for why I am here in the Pine Wood pack, its where lived for a time with my mother and father, I'd later been sent back to the Stonemason pack for my own safety. Not too long after a letter by bird arrived informing my family of the death of my parents. I'd come back looking for answers against the wishes of my family."

Thalia's approach softened. "I am only asking these things because so many have used the name of the Moon Goddess for ill gain and purpose so as to not only protect the good name of the Moon Goddess but those who are too trusting someone claiming to be something they're not." Kira nodded with a look of understanding. "Deputy I'd lost faith in the Moon Goddess for a time and it felt as if I was dying a slow death. Then as if hearing her call for the first time again that I woke up to little Kaia crying in pain. I was still needed by those around me, so I broke from that death like state and placed little Kaia's hand on the trunk of the tree blessed with the Moon Goddess protection."

Satisfied by the answers Thalia left Kira to her business and returned back to the pack. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 77.6K 22
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series (But can be read standalone ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spr...
159K 3.7K 81
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...
305K 15.5K 43
Published on 11/1/23 Nine, a special force soldier whose only purpose was to serve the Imperial Army, died and transmigrated into the body of Toby Ca...
891K 53.5K 55
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...