Arc One Ch. 9

"Tell me why your group was trespassing onto Stonemason territory?" Alpha Grant asked in the typical accommodating manner he usually took when dealing with the members of the Gloomy Wood pack.

From the ten rather short and emaciated youths it was the tallest to speak out for their current group. "We were hunting and accidently entered onto Stonemason territory, we apologize." Though he spoke words of apology his tone when speaking it came off as completely insincere.

While those in the surroundings felt indignation well up in their hearts as they listened to it. Not to mention each elder who was currently present, it was Alpha Grant on the other hand who had completely ignored the boy's words and instead took in the length and style of his hair. Within the Gloomy Wood pack it gave a good indication of quiet a few things from simple like age, to their standing within the pack, even mating status could be learned in this manner as long as one knew what they needed to look for.

The medium length black hair had been pulled back and done up in a series of both simple and complex braids, even a set of expensive hair beads were used to decorate it. From what he could see of the arrangement caused his already furrowed brows to deepen further.

"Do you expect me to believe such a poor excuse and with such an insincere way of speaking? Having a bladed weapon on you within Stonemason territory without permission and covered in a highly lethal poison no less goes against the terms of the peace treaty. Not only did you not stop when caught three border guards were stabbed by these while trying to apprehend your scattered group which also goes against the terms of the peace treaty. So do you expect such a weak excuse and insincere apology to suffice?" Those who heard this found themselves feeling refreshed, it had been too long since anyone had gotten to take a proper blow to those of the Gloomy Wood pack.

Before the Elders could completely lose faith in the words Alpha Grant had spoken just prior to this were pleasantly surprised and decided not to get involved for the moment.

"Do you know who I am?" The youth asked while openly glaring at the alpha.

"Even if you were the High Priestess herself it wouldn't make much of a difference, those who break the terms of the peace treaty will all suffer the same fate without exception." He spoke in a clear and harsh tone though deep down this was still the last thing he wanted but if he made one exception than there would be no end to it until a poisoned blade was stuck in his back.

With great reluctance the alpha motioned towards ten of the older guards before giving them a hand signal. Many young pack members watching didn't understand what the alpha had done though could tell it meant something as each guard moved their hands without hesitation.

"Yes I do know exactly who you are and for that reason I won't let you stay lonely for too long..." Silently he added the word 'son' though each of the ten youth had quickly lost their lives.

Humming Kira noticed that a new message from the system. "Death of a minor world character, how interesting...I didn't even do anything major yet." She murmured before turning back to a strange tree filled with an odd power that didn't quite match up to the energy given off by the planet.

Shutting her eyes once more Kira focused all of her concentration onto this hidden power that dwelled deeply within this strange and ancient tree. It had already been quite a few hours since the early morning when she began trying to call upon this dormant power. Even as large beads of sweat had formed along her brow and rolled down her face she still didn't change her current posture.

Two more hours slipped by before a sudden and familiar crisp ding resounded within her mind. Side Quest Tear of Sorrow unlocked, find all of the shards of power to reform the relic Tear of Sorrow. A mechanical voice spoke after the sound ended.

"So even this world contains such an item as well..." She muttered deep in thought about why from time to time she would run into this strange relic of unknown origin within certain worlds.

Returning to the cave Kira found a distressed Ingrid waiting by the entrance. Edith waited by her mother's side looking unusually pale. Doing nothing to hide her approach both seen her nearly immediately.

"Where have you been?" Ingrid asked with clear worry in her tone.

Noticing that something wasn't quite right she submissively bow her head before speaking. "I've been sitting at High Peak since early this morning...I only wanted to be closer to my parents. Did I do something bad?" She asked lifting up her face showing off her eyes full of unshed tears.

"What? Of course you can go visit the High Peak to be closer with your parents sweetie it's just you need to properly inform someone first. We had thought you descended the mountain and got extremely worried. Winter is quickly approaching and the forest becomes more dangerous to travel during this time." Ingrid explained while out of habit checking her over for any form of injury.

Kira blushed and looked down before speaking up. "I left a note but it must not have been seen, I am sorry for worrying you Aunt Ingrid. Though may I ask why thought that I'd descended the mountain?" She asked in a small voice while appearing very shy.

Edith found that her mother was now looking at her. "That is...I am the one to blame cousin I'd trailed your scent out and it seemed to head towards the mountain base. Only father also had confirmed it so please don't be angry." She spoke sincerely getting a nod from her mother.

Kira shook her head. "No it's not that I am angry with you cousin I am instead very touched to know that you both worry about me." After speaking thus the mother and daughter pulled her into a hug.

"Next time we will all go visit your parents alright Kira dear, now both of you get cleaned up and come help me in the kitchen. Ah, how could it have gotten so late already and it's nearly time for your father to come home." She said though the last part was more speaking to her-self than to them.

Kurou reluctantly returned home needing to inform his mate that they couldn't find a trace of Kira at all within the woods before bring up the matter which evolved from their search for the missing girl. It'd been a long time since he found himself feeling out of his depth and felt like an even bigger failure to his little sister being unable to even properly look after her child.

Arriving at the entrance to the cave he easily noticed the scent of his favorite food wafting out. Dread slowly built up in his gut thinking about how he was going to break the news now to his mate who didn't seem to hold a doubt in his abilities.

Walking in the small and rather rambunctious pair of Jun and Hana greeted him with smiles on their round little faces. Picking them up he walked towards the kitchen feeling the nerve that he had built up wither. Paying no attention to the excited ramblings of the pair Kurou swallowed in a nervous manner finding that his mouth went dry.

Ingrid had finished up the last touches on her dishes and turned with one finding Kurou standing there in a stupor. Before he could even voice a sound both Edith and Kira came back into the kitchen now cleaned up from the earlier mess of quickly putting together dinner.