Arc Ch. 15

Alpha Grant watched the large number of Gloomy Wood pack members follow submissively behind the imposing figure of their Alpha. Her carefully kept appearance was nowhere to be seen, specks of drying mud, small scratches covering the skin of her cheeks and arms, while what had once been silky black hair now framed her face in a wild manner.

He looked into her eyes that could no longer be compared to a pair of dazzling jewels which were now dulled with madness. "Grant you filthy bastard I will have you and your pack pay in blood for the deaths of my children." He found her speech eerily calm to the madness seen within her eyes. 

"Deaths, what do you mean by that Jewel I didn't kill but that bastard you claim to be mine."

"Lies! If not for you then who is to blame for my precious daughter to end up the way she did." She angrily rebuked him.

He gave a sad smile filled with self-mockery. "It's refreshing to see your true self Jewel and nice to hear you're no longer denying that those children aren't mine. That year I should've heeded my father's words and took no pity on you or your pack."

Jewel curled her lips up into a cruel and vicious smile. "No you shouldn't have Grant but one weepy eyed glance and off you were to kill your father for me. Too bad he didn't strike you a mortal wound. Then all of this would've been mine...only I don't care about that anymore you will die today under my fangs!" She roared turning into a jet black wolf that was much bigger than any of the other female wolves that shifted behind her.

An earsplitting howl ripped through the clamor of the panic stricken crowd. Soon more howls could be heard followed by screams of terror.

"Protect the pack." Alpha Grant ordered his personal guards as the jet black wolf lunged at him.

Even without the ability to transform during the day Alpha Grant felt little pressure as he faced Alpha Jewel's current form. The straight forward attack didn't help as her aim was clear to him, allowing the momentum to carry as he caught her by the neck keeping her snapping jaws a bay. The force of her rush caused him to fall backwards which Jewel exploited by pushing down on him to take the advantage. He appeared to struggle in her eyes as his hold around her neck weakened a bit. Yet before she could close that small gap between them a pain spread through her stomach as the world suddenly spun.

Landing heavily onto her back Jewel didn't understand what had happened during that brief moment. With great effort she managed to right herself, a pained whined escaped her as she did. "Farewell Jewel." His words confused the currently dazed wolf.

Alpha Grant watched from a few steps away as the Head Elder Hanae tore through the exposed neck of the jet black wolf with a silver claw. Giving a casual flick of her wrist the blood flew free of the silver claw on her hand. Though the sweet and affectionate smile she showed didn't quite match up with their current surroundings. A slight fear crept down Grant's back thinking that her title wasn't just for show, the Sliver Ghost of the battlefield.

"Alpha you should really hurry and bring this bloodshed to an end." Her tone came out cold and flat unlike the usual warmth she exuded.

A constant stream of notification sounded within Kira's mind one after another causing her to feel ill as the world fate slowly shifted and began correcting itself as those who should've lived were now dead while those that should've died now lived. Such moments were considered by her to be the most dangerous event as it became easier for the world consciousness to become aware of her existence.

Pressing a hand down over her rapidly beating heart Kira tried to mentally prepare herself for the worst possible outcome.

Ding! Hidden Quest: Revers the Fates has been completed. Calculating and readjusting parameters for both the world mission and secondary objective please wait...

Releasing a sigh of relief Kira found it quickly evaporated in the next moment. Hidden quests were considered a mixed lot that could bring one a great blessing in disguise causing missions that appeared impossible to be completed. While on the other hand seen as something cursed when an easy mission turned into something that couldn't be complete. For the moment she resisted tapping open the system interface as right now was neither the time nor place.

Ingrid worryingly paced back and forth while praying to the Moon Goddess her children were all at least still alive. Her footsteps paused as she perked up her ears and listened.

"Mother isn't going to be happy with you lot." Little Hana said as they got closer to home.

"Aunt Ingrid will be happy to see us I am sure." Kira chirped in, since she was still experiencing the overprotective aspect from them.

Hearing the two Ingrid worried that her baby boys had gone off and done something to get them both wounded and dirty. The pair seemed to know just were to find trouble but could surprisingly be trusted to keep others out of it. So when she finally did catch sight of them a smile appeared on her face while her eyes went cold.

Mud, Tobias was dripping with mud from head to toe. "Uh I can explain." This only caused her eye to twitch and her hand to itch.

A thousand thoughts raced through her mind and none of them include the oldest brat of hers covered in mud. "It seems I have been too lenient with your education after leaving home." She said while thinking of how best to make them remember such filth wasn't allowed back home.

"I told you we should have stopped by the baths." Tobias angrily whispered at Theodore who gave an innocent look to his pissed off older brother.

"And cause mother to worry unnecessarily about our safety." The way he spoke clearly indicated that it was directed at their mother.

Tobias frowned never having thought that this good brother of his who he went through thick and thin with would one day pull something so underhanded. Without warning he tackled him to the ground and began smearing the mud off his own face and onto the deceitful face of his brother.

Wanting nothing more to do with the troublemaking pair any longer ordered the rest of her brood back into the house and to clean up for dinner. The four called out yes before trailing behind her like a line of ducklings.

"Mom, please wait a moment." Tobias called out remembering that he still needed to introduce Emily.

She stopped though it pained her greatly and turned around to look at him. Cursing his brother again and complaining in his heart about how troublesome it could be to deal with his mother at times. "This is Emily of the Bright family from the Snow Valley pack."

Ingrid silently glanced over the young red head woman who seemed to be quite bashful. She wasn't happy when Hanae brought up that she had already went ahead and began inquiring around for a prospective mate for her eldest child.

"Hello it's nice to finally meet you." Speaking in the usual submissive manner she did at home as subconsciously she could feel the hostility coming from her soon to be mother-in-law. "Ah and this is my brother Rylan."