Arc One Ch. 36

Gazing at herself in the mirror Mina nodded in approval of this new type of dress. The lighter material hugged the shape of her body that she found much more flattering. Causing her to feel confident in not only catching a certain male's attention but the plan she had set into motion a few hours ago.

"Darling you look so beautiful tonight and no one is going to be able to take their eyes off of you." She said while looking at her face in the mirror as a few fly a ways were smoothed out.

Mina blushed lightly as a lovely smile bloomed on her face. "Mom is still the most gorgeous in the territory." She'd said sweetly gaining a pinched cheek.

"My little Mina is all grown up, don't waste such sweet words on me and go catch that male you have an eye on." She wore an indulgent expression as all she wanted was to make her little girl happy.

Arriving at the pack house Mina seen a small crowd gathered in front with Marcus in the middle. His head was bent down in concentration while he worked on something. Unsure about what he was working on as the small item had been quickly put away, Mina thought he did so because it was for her.
Boldly she walked up to him while the other Blue Valley pack members gave compliments on her outfit. Marcus on the other hand wasn't moved, he had originally wanted to invite Kira along thinking that it would allow him to get closer to her and get to know her better.

Wrapping her arms around Marcus's arms Mina happily lead the group to her older cousin's party. She relaxed the grip on him as he hadn't tried to push her away while the expression she wore eased into a pleasant look.

The sound of music filled the evening air that mingled with voice. The large storehouse doors stood open as many youths could be seen dancing.
Around a large fire more youths could be seen roasting meat and chatting on about happier things. Mina naturally pulled Marcus over towards her older cousin who was watching after three youths slightly younger than herself.

"Big brother William, this is Marcus." Seeing her possessive hold and just how eager she was to introduce him, William fully understood his younger cousin's intentions.

"William Pine, it's nice to meet you Marcus this little one here doesn't usually bring home many friends." He said with a bit of teasing towards her nature that had become more and more solitary as she grew older.

"Ah! I recognize you, aren't you one of the squad leaders in charge of the second scouting party?" He asked in an obvious manner that had Mina on the inside internally groaning.

"Yes I am..." Mina didn't listen as she heard the same story too many times before when at family gatherings. He had risen up from the ashes in a way as his family background was weaker than most others. Instead she happily held onto Marcus's hand which he'd not tried to retract from her grip.
"Little sister would you like to go and watch the fight?" William asked once more noticing she wasn't paying any attention to them.

"It's already that time?" She asked in confusion. "Let's go watch Marcus."

William didn't mind this little cousin much since a good relationship with meant an easier time when she finally did take over as the family head. He didn't intrude upon her territory and instead helped by insisting Marcus go ahead and watch with her. The look of appreciation showed deep in her eyes towards William who caught as she turned pulling Marcus over to a ring side that wasn't crowded.

Kira struggled beneath a female wolf who smiled viciously down at her in delight. "Such a sweet innocent little pup..." Her words were spoken softly while one hand held her down and as the other gentle ran along Kira's face. Eyes that'd been compassionate now held hatred in them. "...its types like you I hate the most!" She said filled with fury as her hand was lifted up in one smooth motion and brought back down. The harsh slap left her cheek a bright red as thin lines of blood began forming.
Kira didn't make a noise as she glared up at the female with contempt. "You are a hateful little bitch you should've left when we were still being kind." It was said softly next to her ear as the female wolf smiled.