A Dreamy Reality - Book 1

By realjackiehdz

Katie McGrath x Reader *Currently editing* #2 katiemcgrath: 04/10/2020 #1 katiemcgrath: 05/04/2020 #1 katiemc... More

A Glimpse of the New Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - Part 1
Chapter 24 - Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 37
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note

Chapter 17

2.8K 121 39
By realjackiehdz

Katie's POV:

I sit down in front of the heartbroken girl. We stay in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, allowing her to feel ready at her own time.

I watch her hand play with her phone, doing circle patterns with it. She finally takes a noticeable breath in, and releases it.

"I'm hurt. I thought it was just anger, but..." Her voice is very low and tight. She's fighting the urge to cry again.

"It's okay to feel that way. You have the right to." I give her a sympathetic smile, hoping she finds comfort in me.

She nods in agreement.

"Thank you for getting on her." She laughs, and it makes my heart warm.

"I'll do it again if necessary. I don't want that girl near you ever again." I sincerely express, raising my hands up in the air as if it wasn't obvious.

She giggles at my comment, and the room falls back to silence.

I notice her hoodie and decide to tease her about it. "Evelyn's hoodie huh?" I include my signature look--- raised eyebrow.

"Why do you say it like that?" She shyly laughs.

"I'm jealous." I make it simple and straightforward.

Her eyebrows jump up, surprised I would say.

"Well, I am sleeping in the same bed as her..." She shrugs.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you like her?" I'm not sure what to expect.

"Of course not!" She chuckles, shaking her head.

I'm very satisfied with her answer, probably a little too much.

"I got you something." I change the conversation. "For your birthday." I add.

She sits straight against the chair and abruptly pulls my chair closer to her. She emerges from her seat and places her knee in between my thighs on the chair.

"All I want is you, Katie." Her sexy voice sounds through my ears.

As much as I want to push her against the wall and kiss her red, sweet lips, I don't want to lead her on anymore.

It takes all of my willpower to push her away carefully.

She dislikes what I did and bites her lower lip, her eyes fixed on the floor tiles.

"You don't like that jerk, Katie." She takes a deep breath in, and finds the courage to look at me after I rejected her.

"You can't decide that. You don't know that, either." I try to reason with her.

"I think I'm going to drop this class." She takes me by surprise, and I raise my eyebrow wanting for her to elaborate.

She shakes her head and her eyes start to get teary. "I can't do this. It's hard for me. It's better if I stay away from you."

"No, (Y/N)." I can't believe that I'm almost begging her to stay.

"I'm already hurt. Our situation hurts me even more." Her hand goes back and forth between her and I.

I catch it with my own hand and pull her towards me. "You're not dropping my class, love."

I'm probably being a little selfish, but I don't care. I need her to stay. If she goes, I'll probably lose her for real.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. McGrath." She dismisses herself, stepping away from me.

***

It's already 7 pm, and I'm still glued to my desk. I rub my eyes for a second before hearing a knock on the door. It opens and Dominic steps in.

"Hey." I greet.

"When are you planning to come out, baby?" He asks as he walks up to my desk, leans down, and kisses me.

"It's my job." I pout.

He sits next to me and reaches out to hold my hands.

I raise my eyebrows, expecting him to say something.

"I planned a date for us. Tomorrow since it's Saturday." He kisses the back of my hand.

I nod my head and flash back a smile.

"I also wanted to express my gratitude  for giving us a try." He grins, his blue eyes reflecting the said happiness.

"I just hope it's not a mistake." I peck his lips and start packing up my stuff. I admit I don't enjoy kissing him as much as I do (Y/N) but he will do. He's my boyfriend after all.

He continues telling me about his busy day today. Although he was not home, his job followed him everywhere.

We start walking out of the classroom, hand in hand.

We get to my car and he decides to announce good news to me. "My sister is coming over next week."

Immediately, a smile spreads across my face.

"I knew that would bring you delight." He winks.

"I love your sister." I giggle.

Now, I'm looking forward to next week.

***

(Y/N)'s POV:

I hear the doorbell sound, and my eyes search the small coffee shop to see who it was.

"Can I order?" She's so silly, considering that I am working and taking orders.

"C'mon Evelyn." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

I notice a gift bag on her hand.

I raise my eyebrow at her, expecting an explanation.

"Someone wanted me to drop this off to you." She places the bag on the counter.

"Who?" I ask, hoping to God it was not Alyssa.

"Find out for yourself." She shrugs, her eyebrows jumping up and down in a playful manner.

"If it's Alyssa I'm not touching the bag, so you can take it back."

"Chill out. It's not. I'll see you later tonight." She disappears into the nighttime.

I look at my phone and figure that it's almost time to close, so why not start closing now.

I proceed to do so, and as I start locking the glass door, a dirty blonde appears causing me to jump.

"Sorry." She apologizes when I unlock the door again.

"It's fine. I shouldn't close ahead of time." I give her a half smile. I move back to my designated spot and ask for her order.

"I just need coffee." She sweetly smiles.

She plays with her hair as I prepare her order.

"Happy birthday." She cheers.

I look back at her, and shake my head. "It's not my birthday."

Her finger points towards the gift bag set on the counter.

I ignore it and continue with my task.

After I'm done, I hand it over to her and notice how tiresome she seems.

"How much is it?"

"I'll pay it." I offer, feeling a little sympathy for her.

"Oh no." She quickly declines, searching her pockets for money.

I take a five dollar bill from my pocket and place it in front of her.

I grab it as if it was her who placed it there and insert the bill in it's proper place.

"Thank you." I hand her the receipt.

She chuckles at the scene, biting her lower lip. I would be lying if I said it didn't make her look attractive.

"Do you have a pen?" She questions.

"Uh, sure." I eye her, confused to why she needs a pen.

I take one from a cup nearby and hand it to her. She doesn't hide the fact that she purposely touched my hand with her own.

I clear my throat, a little nervous to what is happening.

She scribbles something down on the blank side of the receipt, and gives it to me along with the writing utensil.

"Tomorrow." With that she leaves.

I smile as I replay the moment in my mind.

Who is she anyways?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 224 45
This is going to be a Hawks x reader I please bare with me this is my first one so yeah injoy. 🩹😔
72.4K 1.3K 15
If you wanna know what happend read this ;) (Read in dark mode;)) start: 18.02.2021 end: 07.05.2021 #1 finnwolfhard {24/04/2021}
535K 5.1K 36
|Originally published in 6/13/19| |Republished in 6/15/19| ×Ranks× #15 in SallyFaceFanfics 6/14/19 #146 in SallyFace 6/16/19 #2 in Nockfell 6/27/19 ...
24.3K 442 17
❝ Haven't changed have you Holland. Neither have you y/l. ❞ ⛅️ :: TomHolland x reader