A Bittersweet Mystreet

By Miuushi

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of these characters! All of them belong to Aphmau. The cover image isn't mine eit... More

{Chapter 1}
{Chapter 2}
{Chapter 3}
{Chapter 4}
{Chapter 5}
{Chapter 7}
{Chapter 8}
{Chapter 9}
{Chapter 10}
{Chapter 11}
{Chapter 12}
{Chapter 13}
{Chapter 14}
{Chapter 15}
{Chapter 16}
{Chapter 17}
{Chapter 18}
{Chapter 19}
{Chapter 20}
{Chapter 21}
{Chapter 22}
{Chapter 23}
{Chapter 24}
{Chapter 25}

{Chapter 6}

286 14 16
By Miuushi

{2023 A/N: Just an FYI. This one has got some fairly major changes that's going to affect the flow of one of the couples. Say goodbye to gay chicken.}

A few hours after the guys had left, Aphmau started going around the house to collect any empty boxes. Her plan was to get the boxes out of the way and into the basement. That way, basement organization would be a problem left for another day. Out of sight, out of mind. Aphmau rapped her knuckles against the door frame of KC's room. The Meif'wa in question glanced her way and smiled.

"Aphmau~Senpai, what's up?" Kawaii~Chan greeted her before going back to what she was doing: organizing her entire manga collection.

"Nothing! I'm just gonna grab these boxes from you and put them in the basement," Aphmau answered as she started piling up the leftover boxes. With an umph, she lifted the boxes up and started heading to the basement.

The moment Aphmau told her she was going to the basement, Kawaii~Chan was calm. Completely forgetting what she had built down there while everyone else was moving furniture. It was only when Aphmau was heard screaming that KC realized her mistake. Bolting to the basement, she saw Aphmau standing in horror at the sight before her.

It was a shipping shrine.

But oh, no, no. Not just any shipping shrine. An Aarmau shipping shrine. Complete with dolls, fanart, candles, and a pentagram for sacrifices.

"D-Does Aphmau~Senpai like it? This is where Kawaii~Chan goes to give strength to her ship," Kawaii~Chan said behind Aphmau. Aphmau whipped her head around and screamed again, not realizing that KC was now there with her.

"Why?" Aphmau whispered, her hands clutching over her heart.

"Because Aarmau is going to become canon at the end of this season, and Kawaii~Chan is going to make sure that happens."

"What the-? Season? Kawaii~Chan this is real life! This isn't some kind of sandbox roleplay where you can ship whoever you want!" Aphmau looked back at the shrine. "Also, who drew all of this fanart?!"

"Sure, Aphmau~Senpai, this is real life," Kawaii~Chan said sarcastically. "Kawaii~Chan hired people to draw art for her shrine."

Aphmau threw her hands up, exasperated at the situation.

"No. Just no."

Aphmau ran back upstairs, leaving the empty boxes haphazardly on the floor along with Kawaii~Chan and her shrine.

Kawaii~Chan looked at her shrine and got lost in thought.

"Just you wait, Aphmau~Senpai," Kawaii~Chan muttered to herself. "One day, Aarmau will become canon. Kawaii~Chan can feel it!"

When Aphmau got out of the basement, she quickly closed the door, pressed her back against it, and slid down to the ground.

How could someone so shamelessly ship people? Aphmau thought that Kawaii~Chan was just going to take pictures and tease them, not make a shrine!

Aphmau put her head down in her hands to calm herself, but was stopped when she heard the doorbell ring.

She sighed as she got up to answer the door and lost the rest of her sanity as she took in the person in front of her.

"Hello, my name is Zane, and I am part of the neighborhood watch," the man greeted in a monotone voice until he heard Aphmau repeat his name as if she knew him. Zane looked at her, confused. She definitely wasn't a friend since he never had any, but she did look familiar. Aphmau quickly made him realize their relationship.

"You're Garroth's younger brother and the jerk who did all that bad stuff back in our senior year of high school," Aphmau explained as she remembered looking through her old yearbook in her apartment. Although they haven't talked since high school, everyone remembered Zane Ro'Meave. He still looked like his normal, emo self.

"What a shocker, Aphmau," Zane monotoned, clearly uninterested by her surprise.

"I can't believe you're in charge of the neighborhood watch!" Aphmau said.

"What? Can't I be trusted with the safety of others?" he mused. Aphmau gave him a glare.

"Why are you even doing this job anyway?"

"To tell the people of this neighborhood that I have power over them." He stated it as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, but there was something sinister behind his voice that Aphmau just couldn't shake off. Before she could start speaking, Kawaii~Chan could be heard behind her.

"Aphmau~Senpai, is that the person Kawaii~Chan hired to make more art for her shrine?" KC asked, peeking her head over to see who was at the door. Her brows furrowed a bit at recognition. "Zane~Kun..."

"Pink thing," Zane acknowledged before turning back to Aphmau. He barely remembered the Meif'wa. "Listen, I was sent to welcome you to the neighborhood, but I really don't care whether or not you feel welcomed. Here-" Zane shoved a packet into Aphmau's hands- "take this welcome packet. Remember, if you ever have any problems in the neighborhood, tell them to someone who cares. Not me. Goodbye."

With that, Zane walked off, not waiting for their response. Aphmau scowled and closed the door.

"Kawaii~Chan doesn't like him," KC hissed.

"Trust me, Kawaii~Chan, no one likes him," Aphmau confirmed.

"Anyways, did anyone come by with fanart?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

"No!" Aphmau whined, not wanting to ever hear anything about the shipping shrine again.

Katelyn stomped down the stairs and looked at her two roommates. She looked irritated.

"For the love of Irene, can you guys keep it down?" Katelyn asked, although it sounded more like a demand.

"Katelyn~" Aphmau whined, ignoring what Katelyn had said, "Kawaii~Chan made this... this thing in the basement!"

"It's an Aarmau shipping shrine!" Kawaii~Chan defended herself, not wanting her masterpiece to be pictured as a monster.

Katelyn's face contorted into a look of disgusted confusion.

"I'm... I'm not even going to ask," Katelyn admitted before turning to Kawaii~Chan. "Hey, can you make me that tea you were telling me about earlier? I'll tell you a-" she turned to look at Aphmau, grinned and looked back at KC- "romantic love story about two people we know."

"Nooo," Aphmau groaned, running both of her hands through her hair. Kawaii~Chan immediately knew who Katelyn was talking about.

"Will there be lots of kissing?" Kawaii~Chan asked excitedly.

"If the tea is amazing, then yes," Katelyn demanded. Kawaii~Chan squealed in excitement as she ran to the kitchen.

Aphmau turned to look at Katelyn with defeated eyes.

"You, Katelyn, are cold-blooded," Aphmau admitted, shaking her head. Katelyn smiled at her and cocked her head to the side.

"Aww, what's the matter? Do you want to hear the story too?" Katelyn cooed.

"Don't. You. Dare," Aphmau threatened, as Katelyn laughed and went to her room.

Aphmau sighed and walked up to her own room. After all of this, she needed a nap.

===

Garroth and Laurance were in the living room unpacking when they heard the doorbell ring. The two of them looked at each other, knowing that they weren't expecting any company, before going over to open the door.

"Hello, my name is Zane, and I'm part of the..." Zane stopped as he realized who he was talking to. "Garroth?"

Garroth's eyes went wide as a smile spread across his face. "Baby brother!" He swooped in for a hug, but Zane quickly avoided it. It was like watching a vampire avoid sunlight. Laurance stifled a laugh at their interaction, but his hatred for Zane made it die down completely.

"What are you doing here, Zane?" Laurance asked, putting venom in his name.

"I'm the head of the neighborhood watch, and- Garroth, stop trying to hug me- I'm here to 'welcome you to the neighborhood.'"

Garroth and Laurance stopped and laughed, clutching their stomachs.

"You? Part of the neighborhood watch?" Garroth laughed, wiping a tear from his eye. Zane was not amused.

"Yes, I am part of the neighborhood watch," Zane confirmed before speaking quietly to himself. "You'll be the first people I destroy when I take over this neighborhood."

It turned out that both Garroth and Laurance overheard him and laughed even harder. Zane got flustered and threw the welcome packet at them before leaving.

Garroth called out to him,

"Bye, baby brother!"

"I hate you!" Zane called back.

"Aww, I love you too!"

Garroth closed the door as Dante walked in.

"Who was that?" Dante asked as he bent down to pick up the welcome packet.

"Garroth's younger brother," Laurance answered, coming down from his laughter.

"Vylad?" Dante asked, surprised.

"Not that one, the evil one," Laurance clarified.

"Oh! Zane! I hate that guy," Dante admitted. Laurance nodded in agreement before turning to Garroth.

"No offense, bro," he said.

"None taken," Garroth responded. Yes, it did kind of hurt that his friends viewed his brother negatively, but hopefully one day Zane would become a better person and Laurance and Dante could view his brother as a friend. Today was not that day, though.

"He does have a nice voice, though," Dante sighed. Garroth laughed.

"Yeah, it runs in the family," Garroth joked.

"Ha! Dream on, Garroth," Laurance challenged.

"Oh really? My voice is the best for making ASMRs. Yours is the best for making babies cry."

"Oh yeah? Well, my lips are as smooth as my ability to get chicks."

"Funny, because last I checked, you've only dated one girl, Michi. You haven't gotten a girl since then, especially not Aphmau. I bet your lips are so rough they can cut paper."

"Just because I have only dated one girl doesn't mean I haven't kissed other girls. I've kissed Aphmau before."

"So have I!"

"Wait, you guys both kissed Aphmau already?!" Dante yelled, completely shocked. When did this happen, and why wasn't he there to see it?

"Shut up, Dante!" Garroth and Laurance both yelled at him before turning back to each other.

"I bet you that Aphmau hated it," Laurance said.

Garroth thought back for a moment. Back to when he spontaneously kissed Aphmau in his backyard during the dinner between her family and his. He remembered her telling him that she liked him too at the time, but she never said anything about the kiss...

"Um... No! She said it was the best kiss of her life!" Garroth lied.

"That's because it was her first kiss, she couldn't compare it to anyone else."

Dang it. Garroth should have thought that one through.

"Oh yeah? Well, I bet she hated kissing you!"

It was now Laurance's turn to think back to the photo booth incident. She didn't say whether or not she liked the kiss either...

"She... She said it was better than kissing you!"

"Baloney!"

As Garroth and Laurance continued arguing, Dante stood there, conflicted. He had no idea how the conversation escalated to kissing Aphmau. He did know, however, that there was some kind of tension brewing between the two boys, and he did not want to be there if it snapped.

The two continued to argue about which one was the better, more confident kisser. Until Laurance piped up and said,

"There's only one way to settle this, and I think you know how." Garroth nodded his head.

"Agreed."

"Then it's time for..."

"Gay chicken," Garroth and Laurance said simultaneously.

Their conclusion snapped Dante out of his thoughts.

"Gay chicken? How was that going to prove anything?" Dante thought to himself, but now wasn't the time for thinking. As soon as Garroth and Laurance got into position—back straight, shoulders tense, eyes unwavering—it was time to either start watching or start moving. Fortunately, Dante chose the latter.

"Okay, you guys have fun with that. When you're done with your game, you guys should make dinner to make up for this weird conversation I just witnessed," Dante voiced as he hastily made his way back to the safety of his bedroom.

Garroth and Laurance's eyes never wavered from one another. Neither of them even acknowledged Dante's absence. Their faces stood just a little less than a foot away from one another. The urge to not glance down at their target was a force to be reckoned with. Would his lips feel rough or smooth?

Without starting a countdown, the two very slowly started moving toward one another.

11 inches left.

"You know," Garroth breathed, breaking Laurance's gaze to glance down at his lips, "if you back away first, you're the worst kisser, right?" His eyes met those of his best friend. Laurance slowly let go of a breath he didn't know he held.

"If you stick around, you'll find that I'm the best," Laurance retorted.

9 inches.

Garroth snorted, quickly moving in a few more inches before stopping, hoping it would psych Laurance out. Prove that he's the better kisser without having a reference to back him up.

Fortunately Unfortunately, Laurance only flinched, but he stayed strong as he clenched his fists. His eyes fluttered shut. Why was this making him so nervous? Sweat began to form above his brows, and his lungs struggled to fill with a full breath of air.

5 inches.

Garroth let his eyes relax as he slowly breathed in, moving in closer with Laurance.

3 inches.

Neither of them spoke, just two guys feeling their hearts pound in their chests and listening to the thoughts running through their heads. All that would come out of this game was just a simple peck on the lips. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, technically, nothing less would just be nothing. No smooch. The kiss proved something, though... but what was that? Masculinity? Pride? The boys were above proving their masculinity to the world. This kiss wasn't for them. It was for... something important?

1.

Laurance let out a snort. The two froze. Eyes still shut and heads slightly tilted.

Garroth hummed in question, his brows slightly furrowed as he fought against the twitching at the corners of his lips, which threatened a smile. He leaned in just a bit more as if to hear his friend better, feeling the presence of his lips just a few millimeters away.

Laurance took a quiet, but audible, breath before whispering,

"This is stupid."

Neither of them could hold it in anymore. The two burst into giggles, backing away from one another and allowing their lungs to finally take in a full breath of air.

Garroth leaned up against the wall, holding his stomach as his laughter died down and opening his eyes to see his opponent. He smiled as he admired his best friend, whose head was thrown back in a fit of laughter.

"That was close," Garroth thought. Although Laurance had consented to playing this stupid little game with him, Garroth couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. As if he was lying to his best friend by not telling him the truth about how he felt before going into the game. Now wasn't the time for those thoughts, though.

"No homo?" Laurance joked, opening an eye to look at his buddy.

"Oh, of course," Garroth expressed, committing to the bit. "Nothing is straighter than two best friends proving their worth to one another." Laurance giggled. Garroth smiled.

"You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"My parents always thought I wasn't straight. They kept telling me that it was okay to come out, that they'd accept me no matter what," Laurance admitted.

"Ha! Why did they think that?"

Laurance was silent for a moment. He remembered during his freshman year in high school when his parents and Cadenza had him sit down with them one night to tell him how they were all accepting of the LGBTQ+ community. That it was okay if he came out. He remembered laughing at them and asking why they thought he was gay. He remembered Cadenza telling him that they all thought that he was dating Garroth.

"I don't know." Laurance shrugged.

"Well...are you?"

Laurance shrugged again.

"Are you?"

Garroth laughed, taken aback by the question. Nervousness crept into his voice.

"O-oh, I don't know. I mean, maybe, but who knows?"

"Wouldn't you know?"

Garroth was getting more nervous by the second. He needed to change the topic quickly.

"Anyways! Who won?" Garroth brought the conversation back to what they were originally fighting over.

Before Laurance could respond, his stomach growled. Not the quiet, "it's about time for dinner" type of growl. It was more of the "whale mating call after being reunited with their lover" type of growl. Garroth let out a whistle, wide eyes staring at Laurance's stomach.

"Clearly, it was my stomach because it could make out with a bowl of pasta right about now."

"Well, I don't think I can argue with that! I'll put the water on the stove. Besides, I think Dante told us to make dinner tonight, right?" Garroth asked, already walking into their kitchen.

"When was that?"

Garroth shrugged.

===

Aphmau woke up from her nap about half an hour later. Her stomach rumbled as she rolled over to check the time on her phone.

8:30 pm

She rolled back over and thought about what she wanted to eat for dinner: pasta, pizza, sushi, sandwiches, wings, pizza, BBQ. Oops, she already thought of pizza twice. Better rethink her list again. Pasta. Pizza. Sushi... Oh, wait! The girls had already decided on pizza tonight. That's a relief for Aphmau; thinking was hard. She might have needed another nap if she had to think about dinner for too long. She got up, stretched, and went to Katelyn's room.

"Katelyn," Aphmau called out as she knocked on the door.

It was silent, but the light under the door told her that her friend was in there. Aphmau knocked two more times before deciding to just open the door.

"Don't be naked," Aphmau said as she opened the door.

Katelyn was sitting at her desk in front of her laptop. She had calming music playing as her eyes were closed, but due to Aphmau's interruption, she opened them and glared at Aphmau.

"I see you didn't bother to knock," Katelyn mocked as she paused the music. Aphmau giggled.

"For your information, I did knock! You just didn't hear me. I didn't know you meditated."

"Well, I have anger issues I need to work on, and..." Katelyn took a deep breath. "I don't want to get into it. What do you want?"

"I'm gonna order pizza. Do you want anything?"

Katelyn told her to wait a bit as she looked up the pizza place on her laptop to look at their menu. While she was doing that, Aphmau started looking around her room. Katelyn definitely had some very mature tastes. She even had her firefists mantled on top of her bed! That was not going to be a fun situation for her during an earthquake. Aphmau's eyes were drawn toward the closet; she got weird vibes from it. It was as if something was beckoning her to open it.

"Hey, what's in here?" Aphmau asked as she reached her hand toward the closet. Katelyn turned her head and gasped, reaching her own hand out to stop her.

'Aphmau wait-"

But it was too late.

While one side of the closet had clothes, the other side had a One Direction poster taped neatly against the wall.

Oh. My. Irene.

Aphmau took back what she said about Katelyn's "mature tastes".

Katelyn stood up, knocking the chair over in the process, and slammed the closet door shut. Her face bloomed quicker than a rose in May.

"W-wow! I had no idea..." Aphmau tried her hardest not to laugh as she said that. She held her breath to stop herself from laughing.

"You didn't see anything! I- I'm holding this for a friend!" Katelyn stuttered as she tried her best to lie her way out of the situation.

"Uh-huh, you totally have friends," Aphmau joked.

"Shut up! I have friends... like Garroth!"

"Ha. Ha. Just because Garroth is pan doesn't mean he is into One Direction. He only thinks Harry Styles has cute hair, but he doesn't like listening to their music. Wanna try that one again?" Aphmau foiled.

"T-Travis..."

The room went silent. Aphmau knew that Katelyn wasn't holding the poster for anyone, but she was willing to humor her for the time being. Besides, using Travis was actually a good excuse.

"Well, that makes perfect sense!" Aphmau chirped, but Katelyn knew that it was a lost cause trying to defend herself.

"Just don't tell anyone, or I swear to Irene I'll-" Katelyn's threat was cut off when Aphmau said,

"I know. I know. Now, what did you want for dinner?"

Katelyn grumbled as she and Aphmau walked back to the laptop.

===

After getting everyone's orders and calling the pizza place, the food arrived about half an hour later. By then, the girls were ready to dig in and eat. Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan stayed in their rooms while Aphmau went downstairs to pick up the pizza. She was greeted at the door by a man who was entirely pink! She looked at his nametag: Reese.

"Dang, this guy looks like Kawaii~Chan's type," Aphmau thought to herself. After a quick little conversation, Reese told her the total for the order and waited, expecting Aphmau to hand over the money.

"Wait, I thought I already paid online?" she asked, confused. She was not about to pay twice for her food.

"Your credit card was declined. I'm sorry, I don't handle the finances. I just deliver the pizzas," Reese apologized.

"Oh? I thought I would get a call about something like that," Aphmau sighed. Reese apologized again, but Aphmau couldn't stay mad. Who could be mad at a guy with a British accent?

"Alright then, do you mind waiting here while I go get cash?" Aphmau asked. He nodded with a smile as he watched Aphmau go upstairs.

Instead of going to her room to get her purse, Aphmau immediately went to Katelyn's room. Aphmau knew from the bottom of her heart that she didn't have any cash and wasn't even going to try to prove herself wrong.

While Aphmau was persuading Katelyn for money, Kawaii~Chan went downstairs to see if the food was there. That's when she noticed him. The pizza guy. Kawaii~Chan quickly ducked down and hid in the kitchen before he could notice her presence. She walked around and peered at him from the other side. Creepily enough, she couldn't stop staring at him. His eyes. His hair. His skin. Everything about him was pink! Kawaii~Chan was a pink Meif'wa. Pink plus pink equals love at first sight with wedding bells, right? Sure, KC didn't know his name, but she knew she would have his babies.

Kawaii~Chan's heart thumped in her chest rapidly as her tail curled into a heart. She lightly smacked herself on the cheek.

"Kawaii~Chan, calm down! Just don't imagine him with his shirt off!" she whispered to herself. Betrayed by her own mind, Kawaii~Chan looked back at the unknown pizza delivery guy and went into deep thought.

A 6-pack. No! An 8-pack, with beautiful pink skin going straight down to his-

"Oh no! He's hot!" Kawaii~Chan whined as her mind snapped out of the gutter. "Get serious, Kawaii~Chan, you have to make a good first impression!"

She ran into the pantry to find one of her baked goods. She needed something as sweet as she was to give to him.

Brownies? No, he'll think Kawaii~Chan put something in them...

Jello? No, jello can scare people. It jiggles too much.

Pudding? No, KC shouldn't give him something that would need a spoon or a fork.

Kawaii~Chan smacked herself as she came to her senses. Cookies. The ultimate dessert. She reached for her stash, remembering to look at the labels on the jars. Kawaii~Chan had a small side business where she made sweets and treats with certain... side effects. One of the treats were sleeping cookies. Eating one would put you to sleep in a matter of minutes.

The problem was that neither of the labels were on the jars.

This couldn't be happening. Kawaii~Chan couldn't test and see which one was good or bad, or else she might knock herself out! She looked intensely at the two jars before reaching for one and rushing out to greet the love of her life. When Reese noticed her, he smiled and greeted her, which sent KC's heart soaring.

"H-Hi, Kawaii~Chan just wanted to know if you'd like some cookies since you've been waiting here for a while. You don't have to say yes if you don't want to!" she stuttered, already shoving her hand out to him with the cookies on a small plate.

Thank Irene that Reese was an incredibly nice person and said yes. He got some weird vibes from her but decided to take a cookie anyway. Kawaii~Chan's cookies were absolutely amazing. They just melted in your mouth! Combining it with chocolate and sugar—Oh look, Reese just passed out on the ground.

Kawaii~Chan stared for a moment and allowed everything to absorb into her mind. She may or may not have picked the wrong jar. Thankfully, the pizza was already on the ground because Reese's arms were getting tired. So there's that at least, but there was still a man passed out on the floor. The meif'wa started to hyperventilate. Reese was not going to be happy when he woke up. All of Kawaii~Chan's hopes and dreams with the man left her mind. She never even got the chance to tell him she loved him.

Footsteps could be heard from upstairs, just Kawaii~Chan's luck...

"Hey, I'm back. I'm sorry about the wait." Aphmau stopped as she looked between Kawaii~Chan, Reese, and the pizza. Everyone was silent. Reese especially.

"Houston~Kun, we have a problem!" Kawaii~Chan yelled as she put her hands in her hair.

"Kawaii~Chan, what did you do?!" Aphmau yelled as she ran to check on Reese. She put two fingers on his neck and sighed when she felt a pulse. No murder charge for the girls today. But they still weren't in the clear yet.

"Kawaii~Chan gave him a cookie, but she couldn't tell if the cookie was a normal cookie or one of her magic cookies," KC explained.

"Well, does this answer your question?!"

"Yes, it very much does!"

"Good!... What are we going to do?"

"Kawaii~Chan doesn't know!"

Aphmau thought for a moment. If Reese passed out, then the chances are he would wake up disoriented and not remember all the details leading up to the moment. If Aphmau played her cards just right, this could be played off as just an accident. In the event that Reese does remember everything, the girls might have to make another big move into a prison cell. She took a deep breath before looking at Kawaii~Chan.

"Help me bring him into the house and go get your pillow."

===

When Reese woke up, there was a wet towel on his forehead and a pillow under his head. He recognized the two women above him and noticed the glass of water in the pink-haired woman's hands. A look of concern covered their faces.

"What... What happened?" Reese asked, as he slowly sat up. Kawaii~Chan handed him the water, which he gladly accepted.

"You just fainted out of nowhere! Are you alright?" Aphmau asked.

Reese felt alright. He didn't know why he passed out, though. He barely remembered what had happened before he did too. This must've been due to overworking himself.

"I'm alright. I'm sorry for the trouble, but I am lucky that I had two beautiful women taking care of me." He flashed them a smile.

"D-did you just call Kawaii~Chan beautiful?" KC asked as her face turned bright pink. "Kawaii~Chan has to go!" She cupped her heated face in her hands as she ran back to her room. Right as the door slammed shut, a loud squeal was heard from her room as she yelled, "He called her beautiful!"

"Will she be alright?" Reese asked, looking over to Aphmau with his brows furrowed in concern.

"Oh, she'll be alright. She's just crazy," Aphmau laughed. Reese laughed too, thinking that it was just some joke. Aphmau's face turned grave as she looked at him. "No, seriously. You should run."

A few minutes later, Reese said goodbye and left the house with money in his hands and pizza in Aphmau's. Aphmau sighed as she closed the door.

"Kawaii~Chan, you idiot..."

===

An hour before that entire incident took place, after Aphmau left Katelyn's room with her pizza order, a certain white-haired fellow bombarded Katelyn's phone with calls. As per usual, Katelyn ignored his calls, but Travis was relentless. Each time she declined, her phone would light up again with another call from him. The idea of blocking him had come up occasionally, but Katelyn never caved in, for whatever reason.

Giving in, she accepted the call.

"Heyyy Katelyn," he greeted.

"What do you want?" Katelyn asked. She leaned back in her chair and grabbed her cup of tea. Meditation was going to have to be put on hold.

"I just wanted to check up on you. See how you were doin'."

"Well, I was doing fine until you decided to call me."

"Aww, lemme guess. With this call, your day just went from "fine" to fantastic!"

"No, it didn't, Travis! I was meditating before you interrupted," she accused.

Travis dramatically placed a hand over his heart, but of course she couldn't see it.

"How terribly rude of me. I humbly apologize," he joked. Katelyn sighed. She didn't have the energy to put up with his antics right now. Travis noticed the shift in her tone. "Hey...what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's okay. You can tell me."

"Travis!" Katelyn stopped before she started yelling at him, and took a deep breath. She needed to stay calm. This entire moving situation made her stressed out and on edge, but she knew she shouldn't have been taking it out on Travis. From moving in to moving the furniture, all of this had been too much for her. "Can you just...tell me about your day?"

"Really? O-okay. Well, about an hour ago, Dante called me, and he said that Garroth and Laurance got into this huge argument about who was the better kisser. Did you know that both of them had kissed Aphmau? Did you know that? I didn't know that. Well, now I do, but anyway, they decided to play gay chicken to prove who's the better kisser! Dante didn't want to stay and referee, so he went to hide in his room, but can you believe..."

Katelyn drowned out what Travis was saying and just focused on the way he sounded. In the weirdest way, it was calming. She was glad to get the spotlight off of her and onto him. She thought back to when her friends were teasing her about liking Travis. She remembered how angry she got at them for doing so, but she had to admit that he was definitely cute.

Once she felt she had calmed down enough, she tuned back into what he was saying.

"...Apparently, it doesn't matter to Dante whether or not they actually kissed; there was definitely something going on between the two, if you know what I mean. He dropped it, though, because he couldn't argue with some good, delicious pasta." Katelyn laughed a little. She had no idea what was going on.

"Thank you, Travis."

"Anytime! Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah." Katelyn turned her head toward her door when she heard a loud thud and said, "Well, I gotta go. Thanks again, Travis. Bye."

"Goodbye, Katelyn, and goodbye to her beautiful booty-"

Katelyn hung up before he could say anything else.

{A/N: Thank you guys for reading! Please leave a kudos and a comment if you enjoyed it. Chapters are going to take a bit longer now to upload since I've got a few things going on right now, but I won't just leave you guys hanging. I promise! Bye!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 179 22
We all know Aaron loves Aphmau and Aphmau loves Aaron. But what if Ein never existed? Garroth ain't jelly? Zane actually proposes, Travis being... Tr...
14.2K 255 24
you just moved onto Mystreet to see all of your old friends from high school you are ready to surprise all of your friends on the street and your old...
5.5K 80 29
Hey guys I hope you enjoy my mystreet guys X reader fanfic, also this is my first fanfic on Wattpad! Yay! The cover was made by me, don't judge
252K 6.6K 30
My name is (Y/N) (L/N), I am 18 and my life consist of constant abuse. I haven't been to school since elementary and my mom home schooled me. For any...