Love Stories Over A Cup Of Co...

By ReinedelaNeige

In a coffee shop at the heart of Bangkok, a cheerful young man became shy upon meeting a gorgeous younger la... More

Prologue
Blush
Green Tea
Touch
Coffee
Rush
Mocha
Lunch
Espresso
Couch
Macchiato
Catch
Latte
Watch
Americano
Butterscotch
Cappuccino
Much
Cortado
Match
Matcha
One: A smile to make my day
Two: Two people to make memories
Three: Three words from you
Four: Letting you go
Five: Without You
Six: Memories from years ago
Seven: Let's Pretend
Eight: Holding your hands
Nine: Walking Under a Starry Starry Sky
Ten: Tale of Nine Questions
Eleven: Are we even?
Twelve: Real Talk
Thirteen: Inner Feelings and Deep Thoughts
Fourteen: On Fridays
Fifteen: When Everyone is Drunk
Sixteen: Crush
Seventeen: Unspoken Words
Eighteen: Tears
Nineteen: One Night
Twenty: The Answer
II. We Met
III. A Secret
IV. Getting Darker
V. Goodbye
VI. Second Beginning
VII. Choosing Me
VIII. Light Feeling
IX. Happy Thoughts
X. Opening Up
XI. Hell(o) Again
XII. First Friday
XIII. Sea, You
XIV. A Night
XV. Apple's Words
XVI. Devil's Back
XVII. Raining Hard
XVIII. Enlighten Me
XIX. I'm Sorry
XX. So, It's You
A: New Beginning (Again)
A: A Familiar Face
A: Remember, Please
A: Marriage?!
A: Rainy Afternoon
A: A Flip?
A: Flipping
A: Totally Flipped
A: New Chapter by the Sea
A: Night at the Beach
A: The First Friday
A: Stop Teasing
A: Having Fun, Aren't We?
A: Are you for real?
A: The Start of Something New
A: Long Walks
A: Storms
A: Something They Never Knew
A: Come Back
Epilogue
SURPRISE!

I. A Dream

1.2K 66 5
By ReinedelaNeige

"That necklace!" The woman exclaimed as she points to the necklace on Mew's neck. "The person who will have that necklace is the one destined for you." The woman smiled as she goes back to scan her crystal ball.

Mew tried to ask the woman how will that be possible if he is the one wearing it and the necklace is a gift from a friend, so he cannot just give it to anyone. But everything got blurred...and he began hearing the sound of his alarm.

Mew slowly opened his eyes as he expects his room to be very bright by now. He is sure that Apple already went to his room to open the curtains. She loves doing that.

Mew fixed his bed, took a shower and went down to the dinning area. Apple was already cleaning the table when he got down.

"Awww, there's no breakfast for me?" He asked Apple. He tried to sound a little bit sad and cute but it didn't work.

"Breakfast? Maybe you mean lunch." Apple went up to the kitchen and got Mew the lunch she prepared.

Apple cooked some savory meal Mew cannot recognize. He ate it anyways, he's hungry, who is he to complain.

"Apple, did we ever go to a fortune teller when we were at the university?" Mew suddenly asked Apple who is currently eating the dessert she made.

"Can't remember." She replied without looking at Mew. Mew frowned. "What's the matter?" Apple asked as if she saw Mew's expression.

"I had a dream. A fortune teller told me that whoever will have the necklace I'm wearing will be the one destined for me. I'm pretty sure it's at the university, I was wearing our uniform." Mew saw Apple raised an eyebrow before she faced him. Mew tried to read Apple's expression but he failed, Apple is not that easy to read, after all.

"How about the necklace? Is it something you own?" Apple asked after thinking for a while.

"Well, it's the necklace you gave me on the first day of our second year at the university. Which is weird. If it's mine, and it's a gift from you, why would I give it to anyone, right?" Mew began to try connecting any dots he could think of but still, the dream doesn't make sense.

"It must mean something, even if it did not happen in real life. Let me check on that later." Apple assured Mew.

Mew is always thankful and greatful for having Apple by his side. She has seen everything, yet she remained by his side.

"Wait, where is everyone?" Mew asked after noticing that the people in his house are not in their usual spots at that hour.

"Everyone went out. You better too." Apple said as she collects the dishes to wash.

"What should I do? It's my rest day today." Mew complained.

"It's Ohm's birthday. Fluke planned a surprise birthday party for him. And you are tasked to get the cake." Apple informed him.

"Ohhhh, so the youngest couple" Mew sounded excited. He is indeed excited. Seeing how Ohm and Fluke developed into a couple, and how they are keeping up with their relationship despite their busy schedules. "But where is the venue? And where do I get the cake?"

"The restaurant." Apple said it in as-a-matter-of-fact tone but Mew did not get it. "Mew, the restaurant." Apple stressed so much on 'the restaurant' it hit a bell on Mew's brain.

"Oh, the restaurant. Why there?" Mew blurted out. He is in fact shocked to hear about it.

"Earth was the one who suggested it to Fluke. If I'm not mistaken, Earth and Kao had a date there before." Apple explained. Mew did not hear it as he was already lost in his own thoughts about the restaurant.

Apple noticed that Mew is zoning out. She pinched his cheeks to bring him back.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Mew complained as he caresses both his cheeks.

"Go to Tawan for the cake. He's also invited. You two could come together." Apple said as she picked up her bag which was resting on one of the chairs in the dinning area.

"Were are you going?" Mew thought asking this question is really stupid but he already said it.

"Going to check on the kids." And off she goes.

Mew was left on the dinning area smiling at the thought of Apple being like a mother to Earth and Fluke. But that thought suddenly changed into another thought that made his heart beat faster, made him very excited to the point he feels like his heart is going to explode.

"Mew, calm down. Don't get too excited, you may get disappointed." He reminded himself.

Mew was more surprised to see a familiar face in the restaurant than Ohm being surprised on his birthday. He almost dropped the cake he and Tawan were holding upon seeing that person. He was hoping to see that person, in fact before he left their house, he was praying that that person will be in the restaurant today. He did not expect to really see that person there, standing next to Earth, clapping hands while singing happy birthday.

His heart is beating fast, he felt butterflies in his stomach. His knees felt week. And he is starting to sweat.

"Mew, breath in, breath out. Relax." He told himself as he tries to calm down. He wanted to greet that person but his knees are too weak to stand. And he doesn't even know what to say. All he knows at the very moment is he is happy and thrilled.

"Why don't you go greet him?" Apple asked Mew while they're already enjoying the food. Mew just stared at her. "Come on, go now." Apple urged him. She knows him too well to know what he is thinking at the moment.

"How come he is here?" Mew was actually curious how they get that person to be there.

"Well, I think he and Earth are good friends now." Apple answered. "Now, Mew, go and greet an old friend." Apple reminded him.

Mew gathered all the courage he has. As he walks towards that old friend, his heart beats faster and faster.

Ten steps.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five. 'Should I stop?' He thought to himself. But he shook his head and continued.

Four.

Three.

Two.

And the old friend, who has been busy chatting with Earth just a second ago, suddenly turned to him.

"P'Mew!" The old friend enthusiastically greeted him. Mew thought that he has never changed. Those deep eyes, that sweet smile. The innocence in his face.

"Gulf." That's all what Mew said. No more, no less. As if he was deeply snatched by the beauty of the person standing in front of him.

"Long time no see, Phi. How long has it been? Four? Five years?" Gulf asked, trying to count mentally the years he and Mew haven't seen each other.

"It's four years,three months and" Mew suddenly stopped, realizing that he is about to reveal how he has been counting the days since he and Gulf parted ways. "I mean 4 years, if we round it of." Mew tried to be cool about it.

"Wow, it's been such a long time. Look at you, Phi, you've changed a lot." Gulf said in amazement.

Mew thought that Gulf might be talking about his looks. His glasses, his hairstyle, and his outfit in general.

"Well, contacts have been irritating my eyes lately." Mew began explaining. "As for the outfit, they're more comfortable." He's wearing a white t-shirt tucked in his jeans, with white sneakers.

Mew has changed his style almost four years ago when he decided to live the life of a coffee shop owner and manager. He wanted to live a simple and peaceful life, after all.

"But you seem to be the same old P'Mew I know." Gulf smiled. Mew did not know what Gulf meant by that but he smiled as a response.

"You also seem to be the same old Gulf but, how to say it, your aura feels more mature." To this, Gulf smiled. "What's with that wide smile?" Mew asked.

"Because finally, someone told me I've grown up." Gulf was about to say more but his phone suddenly rang. "P'Mew, I have to go. My parents are here." Gulf smiled at him once more. "I hope this won't be the last time we see each other?"

"Of course." Mew said even if he himself isn't sure about it.

"Great!" Said Gulf. Then he goes on to hug Mew before leaving.

"Apple!!! Where are you?! You know it's my off today, why are you asking me to man the counter???" Mew complained to Apple over the phone.

"I told you, I'm stuck in traffic. Kao is there to help you, what's so big deal about it?" Apple said in a cool manner, which is unusual because she usually gets irritated easily when stuck in traffic.

"But, but I haven't slept." Mew complained again. He was waiting for Apple to say her rebuttal but it did not last long. He immediately put his phone down when he saw the customer coming in.

"Gulf, what brought you here?" Mew asked Gulf as he approached the counter.

"I'm supposed to meet P'Apple, Phi. She told me she'll introduce me to the one who made the cake last time." Gulf explained.

"She's still out, stuck in traffic. If you want, I can bring you to him." Mew suggested.

"Really, Phi?!" Gulf sounded excited. Mew nodded.

"So, why do you want to meet the one who made the cake?" Mew asked Gulf as they walked to Tawan's shop.

"Well, we really don't have a fixed patissier. And our chefs are not that confident in making desserts. So now, we're looking for companies where we can source our desserts. The cake was pretty good." Gulf explained.

"Wow, you're really into this business of yours now." Mew commented. He felt so proud to see Gulf being so focused in their business. Years ago, he was just a free soul who complains a lot when being asked to help in their business.

"Well, my parents already learned how to bagrain with me. This is the payment for me to continue doing what I love." Gulf said with a smile on his face.

Mew thought that Gulf looks the best when smiling. He was so loving the sight that he was not able to internalised what Gulf said.

"How about you, Phi? Is managing the coffeeshop the only thing you do now?" Gulf asked as they approach Tawan's shop.

"Well, it's my priority these days. Everything's better now, and I'd prefer to have it this way." Mew answered.

"Well, well, well, what brought you here?" Tawan said as he greets the two.

"P'Tawan, I did not know it's you who made the cake." Gulf said, his expression says it all, he is surprised.

"Well, I was not able to show you my talent back then." Tawan said, smiling widely. "Well, Apple already told me about it, you can try some of our products and can get some of them for your parents and employees to try."

Gulf began tasting the pastries and bread.

"P'Mew, do you eat P'Tawan's products?" Gulf suddenly asked. Mew shook his head. "You better taste this." Gulf showed a bread. Mew have seen it, Ohm usually delivers them on Mondays. "You'll like it. It's not too sweet."

Mew smiled with the thought of Gulf remembering his likes and dislikes. His heart is already full and happy.

After Gulf picked some pastries and bread for his parents and employees, he said his goodbye to Tawan and Mew.

Mew volunteered to accompany Gulf while he waits for his car.

"Who's going to pick you up?" Mew asked.

"My manager." Said Gulf.

Mew was shocked. Gulf still has a manager? But why? Mew thought.

"Hmmm, P'Mew," Mew looked at Gulf who is already facing him. "See you next week?" Gulf said. Mew felt a weird feeling. He feels like Gulf is so sure that they will meet again the following week.

Mew was about to ask what Gulf meant but suddenly Tawan got out of the shop and handed Gulf a list of his products.

"Ah, it must be about the desserts." Mew thought to himself.

A black car stopped in front of them.

"Okay then, see you next week." Said Mew as Gulf bid his goodbye.

Five knocks. Five more to annoy Apple for her to open the door.

"What?" Apple said as she opens the door of her room, obviously she is annoyed.

Mew showed her the ice cream he brought. Apple opened the door wider to let Mew inside her room.

"You know what, I'm happy right now." Mew said as he passed the cup of ice cream to Apple.

"I can see that." Apple replied.

"I never imagined to see him again." Mew said, still feeling amazed.

"So, what do you plan to do?" Apple asked.

Mew stood up from the floor and joined Apple on her bed. He sat facing her.

"I do not know. Maybe things will be better if we allow them to stay the same." Mew said.

Apple stared at him for a while. She let out a sigh.

"What?" Mew asked. He feels like Apple is thinking of something negative again.

"Don't let this chance go. Who knows, it will never come again." She finally said.

"But-"

"Be mindful of you actions, but never deprive yourself of a second chance." Apple said in the softest way Mew heard from her but he felt the firmness in her words.

Mew smiled. "Okay. But promise me, you will always look after me, as always, okay?" Mew said. Apple nodded.

Mew smiled once again.

"Oh, by the way, since we are talking about chances, I'm giving acting another chance again." Mew waited for Apple to react negatively but she remained calm.

Apple smiled. "I'm happy to know that." That's all she said.

"Aren't you going to ask me why?" Mew asked because he wanted to explain why.

"Why?" Apple asked.

"The producer said that my co-actor asked specifically for me." This made Apple raise an eyebrow.

"And who is that?" Now Apple is curious.

"Not so sure. But the producer assures that I'll be fine with the co-actor." Mew explained. Apple did not say a word. "I really want to give it another chance. But this will be the last. For the last time, I wanted to do it." He explained himself.

Apple looked at Mew in the eyes. She smiled.

"Just don't get yourself into too much trouble, okay?" Apple said.

"Yey!!!" Mew shouted as he hugged Apple for her approval.

Mew is now very very happy. Actually happy is an understatement. He asked the heavens what he has done previously to give him a lot of chances? A chance to meet Gulf again, and another chance to do something he loves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 715 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
4K 503 12
it is a story about a beautiful journey of two beautiful people baaki ka ander jake padho πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
712 28 18
English is not my language so forgive me if there will be mistakes .. I hope to know your every comment Gulf , 27 years old sportsman from an early a...
100K 6.1K 42
#2 in Gulf Kanawut (31st May 2022) #1 in Gay Fanfiction (12th Sept 2021) #1 in Childhood Friends (9th May 2021) #8 in Mew Suppasit (4th Feb 2021) #3...