More Than Meets The Eye

By macygirl1999

A simple transformers story. Follows the first movie. There isn't a lot of Optimus Prime X Reader books, I fe... More

Optimus Prime X Human!Reader
Contact, Injuries, and Desperate Sleep.
Home Sweet Home and Pick-Up Lines.
Stolen Car, "Are you a girl?", PTSD, and S-7?
Idiots, The All Spark, and Mission City.
Battle in Mission City, Hopelessness, and End of the Beginning.
Music, 2 in 1, and Base Doctors.
"Doing me a solid", Splinter of All Spark, and Good Questions.
Don't Feel So Good, Alien B!tch, and That Wasn't Smart.
Fugitives, Simmons, and Wheelie the Sparkling.
Jetfire, Egypt?!?!, and Pixie Dust.
Battle, Approval, and He's back!
Parental Approval, What the hell!, and Arguments
Unwanted Emotions, Attack of the Pyscho-Ninja Copier, and Sentinel Prime.
Hacking/Chipped., Betrayal!, and Forseen Consequences..
Christmas Special
Wanted Intell., A Ship to Leave., and An Emotional Good-bye.
Rescue Mission., Raising Hell., and Beginning of the "Chicago War".
Mystery Fellow., Carly!, and Resolution: Part 1..
Stuck., Men..., and "Don't ever look back!"
Memories., Confrontations., and The Beginning..
Off on the Wrong Foot, Literally., Heartache Episode., and Found..
Apologies., The Action Never Stops., and Brush of Death..
Determination., Arguments., and Getting on the Road, Again, Maybe?.
Meet-and-Greets., The Others., and Abandonment?

Small Scare, Rescue Mission, and Taunts.

1K 42 7
By macygirl1999

Time Skip Outside Chicago.

I pulled off on the outside of Chicago to see all the destruction the Decepticons have caused. Civilians were still running away. Skeletons laid everywhere. These innocent people that had many more years to live are now dead because of us. I gave a sad sigh and a little prayer for their souls. I was concentrated on the people that I heard the screams of new victims. I revved the engine on the bike before shooting off. If I was on a rescue mission, I'm not doing this quietly. While I make my way to Trump Tower, I'm gonna cause a little hell along the way. I ran into sentries on my way into the city. I shot them before they could even get a signal out and kept moving leaving signs on the ground for air support that my team would see. My signals were too noticeable because enemy airships noticed and started to follow them to me. As soon as I noticed this, I was attacked from multiple directions by Decepticons. I dodged and shot at as many as I could, but I was outnumbered and outgunned. I had to do a logical retreat or diversion, I just had to wait for the right time and execute it. A shot hit the ground next to where I was causing smoke and debris to fly everywhere which gave me the perfect cover to flee and gather more intel. The shock sent me up and gave me enough time to maneuver the motorcycle to form an exoskeleton suit sort of thing and quickly activate my camouflage mode. I landed on the ground and slid under a collapsed concrete that used to be some sort of store or a small bridge while they were still firing at where I was at. The shooting stopped to reveal complete silence for what felt like hours but in reality, was just seconds. The silence was hardly ever a good sign in my line of work, but noise was worse. Broken Cybertronian was spoken that I could barely understand since all I could hear was my heart pounding in my ears that blocked out the other noises from the Decepticons that were trying to kill me. The heavy footsteps that I could locate were enemy and sweeping the area around to find me. I held my breath as the footsteps got closer to my hiding spot. Everything was silent again before more gunfire started. The Decepticon that was about to find me shuffled around and growled from what I could see and hear then collapsed suddenly that I was frightened me to leave my hiding spot. The crunching of debris was a steady beat of footsteps. The voices were muffled but I dared not move from my cover. I pulled out my weapon and got ready to fire when suddenly the cover was moved, and I saw someone or rather something that I needed in my life and we left in a bad spot the last time I saw him. I held my breath as he scanned the area.

"I don't see anyone, but if you are here come out, we mean no harm." He said. I got up as silently as possible when I slipped on some loose ruble making noise that made the Cybertronian locate me easier. "You can turn your camouflage off. It is safe." He said in a soft voice. I fumbled with the controls because of my shock and other emotions that took ahold of me. His face got closer to me just in reach. I was angry so I sprinted forward and slapped him as hard as I could. The armor gave me extra height and strength, so his face flung to the side and the rest of his body followed and onto the ground. Ironhide popped out of nowhere to check on him but was stopped with a simple hand jester to keep Ironhide from approaching. At this time, I turned the camouflage off and deactivate my helmet. My (h/c) hair whipped around in the wind with an intensity that didn't even compare to the flames in my (e/c) eyes. Optimus got up and looked at me while rubbing his cheek plating his optics finally landed on my eyes. He physically gulped and anyone that was watching could see and hear it. No words were exchanged as I got close to his face. I was right in front of him and stared at his features making sure that he was real. I gently touched his face as I moved in closer. I was relieved when I touched him, he didn't disappear. I rushed a kiss on him right onto his warm firm lips my eyes closed hands resting on his face. After a few seconds into the kiss, he relaxed into the sweet embrace. "I love you." He whispered to me after we released each other from the kiss. "I'm sorry we had to lie to you." He continued. I smiled at him as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"It's fine. I will be fine once this is all over and now that you are here, I love you too." I said as I wiped my tears away and moved away from him so he could get up.

"We will kill them all." Optimus proclaimed as he stood to his full height. Rogue soldiers came up to me as he continued to talk to the Autobots. Epps hugged me as we regrouped. "Your leaders will now understand Decepticons will never leave your planet alone and we needed them to believe we had gone. For today, in the name of freedom, we take the battle to them!" Optimus claimed as we started to move.

"I saw your ship blow up!" Epps yelled at them. He was confused and tended to raise his voice when he was in this type of situation.

"The ship. We were never in the ship! We designed the damned thing, didn't we?" Roadbuster said as he walked by.

"We were hidden in the first booster rocket to separate. Splashed down back in the Atlantic, just as planned. We ain't going nowhere." Leadfoot said as he patted Roadbusters shoulder. I heard a cry from behind me and turned to find it. As I was turning, I was tackled to the ground to see Wheelie hugging me tightly.

"The Autobots are staying right here. We're gonna help you win this war." Wheelie exclaimed proudly. He wore a wide smile as he released me from the hug.

"They're surrounding the city to make a fortress so that no one can see what they're up to inside. Our only chance is the element of surprise." Optimus said as he thought.

"I know where to look. They have Sam and Carly, so we are not just dealing with a hostile takeover situation, we have a hostage problem as well. I was to go in with the rogue help to deal with the hostages but now that you are here, I have a better plan. The issue is I need one Autobot for support." I said as I thought out the plan. Everyone gathered closer to hear it as I explained it to them. The rest of the Autobots are to draw fire and kill as many Decepticons as possible as a means of distraction as I take Bee and the guys to clear a route for Sam and Carly to escape. We broke as soon as I was informed that another scouting group was approaching our location. As they left our area the team that is on the rescue and retraction mission was team A while the distraction and cover was team B which Optimus lead. Team A was to regroup with team B after accomplishing our mission from there I don't have the exact information to make a plan for that but the best thing to do is wing it and deal with it as it comes. I was walking away when Bee told me that he could fly out of the ships the Decepticon scouts were using. "Are you sure you know how to fly one of these things?" I asked Bee as he makes a so-so motion. "What do you mean you kinda know. It is either you know, or you don't know!" I yelled at Bee. He made a surrender motion and started to complain to me.

"It's been a while since I had to hijack one of these things! Cut me a break." Bee said in Cybertronian. I took in a deep breath to calm myself before releasing it again.

"How much longer till you get it running?" I asked while I climbed the debris to get to an advantage point to spot the next scout group.

"Right about now," Bee said as the engines fired up and I smiled at the ship as it floated above the ground a few inches. I called everyone to load up and to take off. I pulled my nano-helmet back on to check the status of the signal I was transmitting to realize that it is being jammed and some Decepticon is trying to track it, but I programmed it to jump around different areas to confuse the hacker. I pulled up my hologram keyboard and started to hack the hacker to implant a virus of my own design and help from Ratchet's expertise. I sent the virus back and put more protocols up to prevent the hacker from getting closer to our position to give us more advantage of a sneak attack.

"Ok. I'm going alone to rescue Carly and Sam, but I need the rest of you as back up. Bee is going to drop you off a few blocks away so when you get into position click this button and I'll meet up with you." The guys nodded their heads as Epps grabbed it but before taking it completely, he pulled me into a hug. I was shocked but hugged him back tightly. This was risky everyone could see that, but Epps and I knew that firsthand and that scares him more so than I. I had people's lives on the line I just can't abandon them the first chance I get.

"Good luck, sir," Epps said as we dropped the guys off.

"(Y/n)," I said as I hopped back on to the transport.

"What?"

"I'm no longer your boss. You are my friend so call me by name. I never made you call me 'sir' when you were in the service with me so why not." I said as Bee started to fly the ship away as I waved and smiled gently at my friend with hopes that he makes out alive. He deserves it more than anyone else. Bee flew around until we made it to Trump Tower, and he dropped me off a few flights below the floor where Sam and Carly were being held. I activated my invisibility mode and weapons as I exited the room and down the hall to the location of the stairs. I stopped mid-way and looked at the elevator. I pushed the button on the elevator to the floor that I was on and waited for it. The nerves were twisting knots in my stomach. When the doors opened to reveal an empty elevator, I sighed in relief as I got to work on setting up a bomb so when the doors open it would go off and disable the elevator. I clicked the button for the penthouse floor and raced to the staircase emergency door. I opened it and saw that it was clear, and I sprinted up the winding staircase to the penthouse level. I got to the door and slowly cracked it open to see down the hall. I saw guys posted at a door and some patrolling the hallway. I had to wait for the elevator bomb to take some of them out and then I make my more. A few seconds later the elevator dings make most of the guards raise their weapons and rush the elevator. As the elevator opened up, I closed the door and took cover just in case I used too much explosive compound. The bomb went off and then there was silence the moment to strike before people actually register what happened. I yanked the door open weapon drawn and fired at the protentional enemy before they realized they were under attack. I made it to the door separating myself from Sam and Carly and took a deep breath to collect myself. I raised my foot and slammed it against the door making it crash open and onto the floor. Then next thing I knew I was being fired on. Ducking for the next open cover I fired back at the enemy hitting them dead on and continued to the living area of the penthouse. I deactivated my invisibility mode and reloaded my weapon with Cybertronian ammunition just in case someone has Decepticon help guarding them. A ping went off signaling that Epps and the guys were situated for the moment and taking down enemies guarding our escape route. I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding and took another big gulp of air as I tried to relax. Crouched behind the corner I mentally prepared myself. I was one turn from coming face to face with Dylan and saving Sam and Carly. I got up back to the wall and came around the corner coming face to face with multiple people. My eyes followed the guards shooting them down making the maids scream and duck behind the counter in the kitchen. Another guard came around the corner of the kitchen firing at me. I jumped over the counter firing back and hitting him. I crashed onto the ground in the kitchen next to the maid making her scream more. I pinched her nerve cluster to knock her out and I laid her down gently onto the floor. I came up and looked around. Dylan was calmly standing there waiting for me. "Where are they! Where are they?" I yelled at Dylan.

"You've got some balls," Dylan replied. Carly and Sam were brought out from another detached room behind Dylan by two guards weapons drawn. I looked at them and deactivated my Nano-helmet.

"Let them go," I said while my weapon was aimed at Dylan.

"Let me think? How about no." Dylan said. While I said while slowly approaching me. I grunted while I quickly pulled another gun out turning to the guards and fired. I hit both of them and they dropped like a sack of flour to the floor.

"Let me think? How about yes." I said. I hmmed him as I turned to him again. "What are you going to do now, Dylan? I just took out almost all your security." My guns were pointed at him as I ushered Sam and Carly towards me and to get behind me. His arms were up in a surrender position, but I knew that he still had some cards up his sleeve to play.

"Well, I can always do this?" He said as he nodded his head to me and had his eyes on the shut-off television. It started to transform into a Decepticon as Sam and Carly started to scream. It flew up and started to fire and attack me as Sam and Carly ducked away from the chaos. I was flung across the room and through the sliding glass door on to the balcony. I landed onto my back roughly knocking the wind out of me slightly. I got up and went to grab my gun that I dropped but I was pinned by the bird-like Con that was taking orders from Dylan. It looked at Dylan to get its orders as Dylan nodded my eyes widened in slight panic when I went into survival mode. It attacked me again causing me to squirm around to avoid being killed. Its grip loosened slightly, and I activated my Nano-helmet again turning on invisibility mode. I got a few hits to give me more room to move away from the bird robot and escape from his hold. I was close enough to hear the clicking of his eyes switching modes to try and see me. I crept as silently as possible to get my weapon to kill it when I was knocked back against the balcony railing by the cons tail. I was hit again and again by its tail making the railing crack and break the more I was slammed against it. My invisibility mode shut off after three hits because of the disconnection and damage of areas of the armor I was wearing. After five hard slams, the barrier that was holding from my falling off and out of the building broke causing me to fall for a brief second. I grabbed a rebar that was sticking out of the balcony to stop my fall. The Con peered over to see if I fell to my death but was disappointed in the least to see that I was still kicking.

"It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill me, you brat." I said to the bird bot. It grumbled and clicked at me in frustration. I chuckled at it as it ducked its head back to be replaced by Dylan.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone is below me now. Poor, poor (Y/n) how is she going to save her little brother and his girlfriend when she is about to fall to her death." Dylan taunted as he got closer to the edge of the broken balcony. I frowned at that, but I have one more move to play. It was risky but it might work out and everyone lives. So, I started to chuckle at Dylan to make his confidence drop. I could see his eye twitch in annoyance as his eyes showed confusion.

"You are so dumb. You know that, right?" I asked as I hung there. I started to swing back and forth gaining momentum to flip myself up and over the edge of the broken balcony.

"What do you mean? I'm not the one dangling off the edge of the building." He said.

"Not yet you aren't," I mumbled out as I kicked off the side of the building and flipped myself over the edge. The momentum was so great that both my feet lead the rest of my body into Dylan's stomach. I let go of the rebar and let the movement continue. Dylan crashed into the ground with a hard thump with me on top of him. I launched myself off him and rolled in a summersault grabbing my gun and shot the bird Con disabling him from moving. "Now that's over we need to leave," I said as I got up and brushed off my remaining armor. The groans of Dylan in the background as I was focused on other things.

"What?" Carly started but I moved to the broken balcony with Sam and Carly following behind me. I looked around and spotted Bee and the ship. I pulled Carly to the edge and shoved her off. She screamed as Sam yelled her name and ran to the edge shoving me slightly out of the way just for another second for her to rise up on the ship Bee and I hijacked.

"Okay. Time to go." I said as I heard gears shifting and grinding signaling that the Con was getting back up to fight me again. I huffed as Sam didn't want to jump onto the ship. He was frozen in his spot, but I couldn't gently probe him to jump since a bullet came my way. "Sam! Jump onto the ship, God damnit." A bullet hit my armor making a tinging sound and bouncing off. Even though it didn't pierce my skin it still hurt like a bitch. Sam crouched at the sound and covered his head in a frightened manner.

"I. I can't." Sammy stammered out in panic. I couldn't stop to console him as I was taking fire from the Con and Dylan who has slightly recovered from the stunt I just pulled. I took cover with Sam and after some of the firing stopped I dragged him in front of me to make sure he is safe from the bullets and throw him onto the ship and had Bee lower it and turn the ship round so the weapon was aimed at the penthouse with a quick hand signal and a nod in response. I ducked undercover and got ready to grab my weapons. I peeked around the corner and threw a flash bomb in the wrecked penthouse and rushed grabbing my guns. Clipping them on myself as I grabbed a knife from a security guard and jabbing it into the neck of the bird-like robot digging it into it to make it shriek in more pain. It thrashed around with me attached to it and flung me right out of the penthouse and onto the ship. I slid across the section of the ship barely having time to grab onto a piece to stop myself from falling off.

"That's what you get bitches! Bee, fire!" I yelled as I deactivated my Nano-helmet and crawled up the part of the ship. Fire fired at the penthouse and killed the annoying bird Con. Once on top, the ship started to beep and whine in protest making the passengers on the ship scream as it started to drop from the sky. "Bee! Slow the ship down!" I yelled as I clung onto the ship as best I could. I missed the fact that another ship shot us down as we blew up the penthouse. "What do you mean, we are going to crash. Do something!" I yelled at Bee. He looked around and grabbed Sam and Carly tucking them into his chest compartment for safety as he started to crawl to me. We were heading for a building clipping the side of it knocked Bee off the ship along with a piece of that side of the ship and my chance of survival. The knot in my stomach returned and it felt like my life was flashing in front of my eyes as the ground got closer and closer. So many regrets and mis opportunities were flooded into my head and in front of my eyes as the ground approached faster and faster. The last thing I heard was, "Autobots! They're alive! They're here. They're alive." "Don't worry I got you, rest easy." As the word got darker and surprisingly warm and comfortable.

Author Note:

Please comment and vote! How long does this take for you to read? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 959 45
This book is an Optimus x Reader book! This book will consist of the following, TFP, Bayverse, and RID. I have not seen other types of Transformers s...
7.2K 258 13
Tale of two sparkmates that wish to be together, however, their lineage and war that is raging across their kind keep them from being together. Lines...
277K 4.6K 100
Hey everyone this is my first book so go easy with me and this is for all the transformers you request I'll try to write.
158K 3K 35
THIS BOOK IS BEING REWRITTEN!!! THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS WILL BE THE ONES REWRITTEN BEFORE IT GO BACK TO THE OLD ONES. THE PLOT MAY BE CONFUSING. "All...