Lelouch's Smarter Sister

By TeamWhiteRose100

This is an alternative telling to what could've been. Such as my other Lelouch's Other Sister Story this will... More

Chapter 1: Childhood
Chapter 2: The Beginning Stage
Chapter 3: Zero & One
Chapter 4: An Old Friend
Chapter 5: The Black Knights
Chapter 6: Refrain
Chapter 7: The Narita Miracle
Chapter 8: The Kyoto Group
Chapter 9: Mao
Chapter 10: The White Knight
Chapter 11: Kyushu
Chapter 13: The Great Loss
Chapter 14: Babel Tower
Chapter 15: The Band's Back Together
Chapter 16: Miracles Live Again
Chapter 17: Rivals
Chapter 18: The Geass Order
Chapter 19: The Battle For Tokyo
Chapter 20: Betrayal
Chapter 21: Past, Present, And Future
Chapter 22: Emperor Lelouch
Chapter 23: The Battle For The World
Chapter 24: Zero Requiem
Chapter 25: Tortured
Chapter 26: Home
Chapter 27: The End
Special
Special 2

Chapter 12: Special Administrative Zone

375 12 1
By TeamWhiteRose100

I don't own Code Geass. All rights go to Sunrise, Gorō Taniguchi and Ichirō Ōkouchi. This Is A Fan Based Parody For An OC.

A Week After Chapter 11*

Elizabeth's POV*

I was standing in the doorway watching the teacher scold Suzaku and Lelouch.

The teacher said, "Yes, it is true that the invasion by the Chinese Federation and the terrorism of the Black Knights have disrupted our society. But that is a completely separate issue! The fact remains that you both have been absent from class far too often! I don't care how good your grades are or that you're Princess Euphemia's knight! If you don't improve, you will repeat this year!".

I started giggling and the teacher said, "Why can't you be like Elizabeth here.".

Lelouch and Suzaku sighed as they threw paper airplanes at me.

I caught them and left smiling to myself.

The Next Day*

While on my way to the roof Milly over the intercom said, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for waiting! The Ashford Academy school festival, which is the most open event in the Tokyo Settlement, is about to start! It will begin at the sound of this voice!".

I heard Nunnally meow over the intercom and I shook my head giggling.

I got up to the roof and I called Diethard.

Diethard filled me in and I said, "That's what I thought. So even Sawasaki and the others turned out to be useful. We've covered all the tasks at hand.".

Diethard said, "Yes. We gathered all the sector data on the emergency countermeasures that they left behind. We've identified the solar panels used in each settlement as well as the energy storage sites. Oh, and what about that collaborator issue?".

I said, "Zero and I have handled most of it ourselves... about 72% is complete. And Tohdoh?".

Diethard said, "He's drawing up a list of occupation targets... broadcasting stations and such. I need you to check them, including the dummy plans we're sending to Kyoto.".

I said, "I understand. I'll confirm tomorrow.". 

Diethard said, "Oh, and I know we're late in reporting this to you, but regarding the operation of the Zero Squad, Ohgi has--".

Milly interrupted me and Diethard's conversation and said, "There's trouble! There's huge, huge trouble!".

I said, "I'll have to contact you later." as I hung up.

Milly grabbed my arm and dragged me off.

Milly said, "What are you doing goofing off like that?! You're the festival chairman since Lelouch is sleeping in today!".

I sighed and said, "But everything is running fine! There's no problem. Besides, you're taking charge of that part, right? It was two meters wide up through last year, then suddenly you declared we had to have a twelve-meter pizza.".

Milly said, "Uh-huh. Isn't it great? It's gonna be the largest one of its kind in the world!".

I said, "Just the oven and ingredients are causing an uproar, and now there's a TV crew roaming around campus? You know we can't show our faces.".

Milly said, "But we have to document making the pizza! You can run things from the control booth, okay? President's orders.".

I rolled my eyes and went to check on Suzaku's progress.

The door opened and I saw Kallen there.

It didn't surprise me at all.

I smiled and said, "Good to have you back Kallen. And while I have you here, if you wouldn't mind, could you go and check in with your class? They seemed to be a bit shorthanded.".

Kallen said, "Sure, I don't mind.".

While she left I giggled to myself knowing what awaited her.

I said, "Keep up the good work, Chef Kururugi.".

We had a laugh and I went back out to handle some of the school work.

I was on the phone and I said, "Right, the pizza's starting later.". 

After I put that phone down I said, "Definitely don't have time to be doing this.".

Another phone rang and I picked it up and said, "Yes. Oh, the Drama Club? I've spoken to the Film Club about it.". 

After that phonecall was done I put it down.

I got hit in the head with a soft hammer and that friend of Suzaku ran over and said, "I'm sorry! The handle just broke in two!".

I mentally said, "Soldiers? How peaceful the world is.".

She asked, "Say, aren't you Suzaku's friend?".

I heard C2 say, "Hey! You! Girl! Where am I supposed to go to eat the biggest pizza in the world?".

I turned to her with a slightly annoyed expression and she said, "Oh, so you're here.".

I pulled her aside and she said, "I'm asking about the biggest pizza in the world.".

I said, "I'll bring you some, now wait in your room!".

C2 said, "I don't believe you, because you and Lelouch are liars.".

I rolled my eyes and said, "I'm not going to deceive you over a pizza! The military and the press are here! What if they see you?!".

C2 said, "I'll wear a disguise. I don't like cold pizza.".

I said, "I have an absent brother, a school festival, and a coup d'etat to run!".

I rolled my eyes and said, "Just stay out of sight, okay." as I walked away from her.

Elsewhere*

Euphemia's POV*

I was having tea with Nunnally.

Nunnally asked, "Will you keep our secret? I mean, about Lelouch, Elizabeth, and I being here?".

I said, "But if you just stay like this...".

Nunnally interrupted me and said, "All I want, is to be with my brother and sister, that's all that matters.".

I sipped my tea, deep in thought.

Nunnally asked, "Do you remember that time you and I got into a great big argument? On which of us was going to marry Lelouch when we grew up?".

I smiled and said, "Yes, I do! Elizabeth wasn't apart of it since she had the biggest crush on me since we were kids and we put Lelouch on the spot by making him decide right then and there! Oh, I remember how crushed Elizabeth looked that day. It made us feel so bad.".

Nunnally asked, "So, how about now?".

I looked at her and said, "Huh?".

Nunnally asked, "Do you still love them both, even to this day?".

I looked a bit conflicted and then Nunnally said, "I know Elizabeth still has a big crush on you. It's quite cute to me, and Lelouch informed me once that she's never been with anyone else because she still has a crush on you.".

I smiled and the door opened and I looked over to see a lazy Lelouch.

Lelouch yawned and said, "Detention went for a long time last night. Hope Elizabeth isn't mad at--".

We looked at each other.

Elsewhere*

Elizabeth's POV*

Rivalz said, "All right! Any moment! We are about being the historic task of the making of the world's largest pizza! Please note that this contraption at my feet is an oven specially built just for this occasion... a fabulous waste of money!".

While in the control room and I said, "Shirley send Group B to the stage to help.".

She said her peace and I said, "Right.".

I hung up and mentally said, "This feels so easy. If I make a mistake here, no one's life is on the line.".

Milly came in and said, "Not bad! Got everything on schedule, huh?".

I turned to her and said, "Lelouch, and I have learned to manage people lately. Still, they seem so optimistic, don't they? The Chinese Federation attacked just the other day but look at everyone.".

Milly said, "That's why we need this.".

I hummed and Milly said, "Festivals are necessary... for everyone, all the time. You still need to learn a bit more.".

I laughed a little and said, "Okay, lesson learned!".

I heard Nunnally say, "Elizabeth!".

I turned to her and asked, "Nunnally, how's the pizza--".

I stopped when I saw Lelouch, Euphemia, and Nunnally all at the door waiting for me.

I stood up and said, "Sorry, I need a second! Call me if something happens!".

I left Milly all kinds of confused while I walked over to speak with my family.

We all took a seat on the steps and watched Suzaku flip a pizza with his third-generation Ganymede Knightmare my mother would've piloted back in the day.

I smirked and Lelouch said, "Last year, it was my turn to do it, but I can't compare to a real pro.".

Euphemia said, "This is a day of sweet surprises. To think you three were so close all this time, and that you three and Suzaku are friends as well. I never want to see people unhappy ever again.".

I sadly said, "Remember, we can't meet after this.".

Euphemia sadly said, "That's not true. I've found a solution for everything...".

A gust of wind blew Euphemia's hat off and somehow everyone instantly knew she was here.

I grabbed Nunnally's wheelchair and Euphemia said, "Lelouch! Elizabeth! Take Nunnally away!".

Lelouch said, "Sorry to leave you alone at a time like this!".

We got to a booth and hid there.

Suzaku came over in the Ganymede and picked Euphemia up in one of the hands.

I asked, "Are you okay, Nunnally?".

Nunnally said, "Yes. How about Euphemia?".

Lelouch said, "She's all right. Suzaku's taking care of her.".

Nunnally said, "I see... Lelouch, Elizabeth, guess what? Euphy said that she and Suzaku are becoming very close now. They make a nice couple, don't you both agree?".

I smiled and looked up at Euphemia.

Euphemia said, "I have a very important announcement!".

My curiosity was peaked.

Euphemia said, "I am Euphemia, Sub-Viceroy of Area 11 of the Holy Britannian Empire. There is something of great consequence that I wish to tell you all today! I, Euphemia Li Britannia, hereby declare the formation of the Specially Administrated Zone of Japan in the area surrounding Mt. Fuji!".

My eyes widened in shock.

Euphemia said, "Within the Specially Administrated Zone of Japan, Elevens will be permitted to call themselves Japanese. Restrictions against Elevens and special rights for Britannians will no longer exist within this zone. It will be a place where Elevens and Britannians live side-by-side as equals!".

I mentally said, "Please stop this before it's too late, Euphy! I already thought through every detail of that scenario! It's nothing but an empty dream!".

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Euphemia saying, "Do you hear me, Zero? One? I don't care about your past nor who you are underneath that mask! I beg of you! Join us in creating a special zone of freedom! Zero! One! Help me build a new future within Britannia! A place for everyone!".

I clenched my fist and mentally said, "We're finished! Either way, we go, the Black Knights will break apart over this! The reason we exist has vanished! How could this have happened so easily?! Do you think you can just take it all from me like this, Schneizel?! Schneizel, I know she would've come to you about this and would've asked for your blessing?! Even if it is a place where we can be ourselves?!".

A Week Later*

Lelouch and I were watching a news report about this folly called the Special Administrative Zone.

The reporter said, "The Specially Administrated Zone of Japan is the first attempt of its kind in Britannia, and was personally proposed by Her Highness Princess Euphemia. This youthful inspiration was an idea from her school years. It has not only caught the homeland's attention. The NAC, led by Kirihara Industries, gives its wholehearted support to the plan.".

I walked off madder than ever.

I mentally said, "This is a disaster! This so-called peace Euphemia wants can never be as much as I wanted it too. This zone will only last a few months before either the Britannians or the Japanese riot against it. Dammit, this will put an end to Lelouch and me if it happens. Damn you Schneizel! You're using Euphemia's kindness as a chance to have the terrorists of Area 11 lose their popularity with the people so that they'll fall apart so that public order will be stabilized.".

Elsewhere*

Schneizel's POV*

I said, "Euphy really is amazing, isn't she? Now the terrorist groups in Area 11 will lose their popular support and fall apart. Public order will be stabilized.".

Cornelia said, "I personally oppose this.".

I said, "But since you understand the situation, you've sent Darlton to advise her, have you not?".

Cornelia said, "To ensure public policy stays on track... it's a measure that a viceroy would obviously take.".

I smirked and asked, "Did you approve of her future plans as the viceroy or as her older sister?".

Elsewhere*

Third Person's POV*

Tohdoh said, "The situation's serious; it's not only supporters. Some of the members within our own ranks have already applied to join the Special Zone.".

Diethard said, "Unlike the Black Knights, there's no risk involved in signing up for the Japan Special Zone.".

Rakshata said, "Besides when you compare the pedigreed princess with the mysterious, unknown pair behind masks, it's obvious which one exudes more appeal.".

Minami said, "There's a rumor that Kyoto's cooperating with them too.".

Takami asked, "What's up with that?!".

A Black Knight Lieutenant said, "They're offering equality, that's why.".

Kallen said, "Equality my ass! Don't just accept their word for it!".

Asahina said, "I agree. But unless we decide how to respond to this quickly...".

Ohgi came out of his deep thought and said, "Listen, if it works like Euphemia's proposal, then it wouldn't be wrong for the Black Knights to support this, right?".

Takami said, "Yeah, sure, like Britannians will ever honor a promise!".

Ohgi said, "I think we should support the Zone. It doesn't contradict what Zero's said, does it?".

Kallen said, "But, Ohgi, that's...".

Chiba interrupted Kallen and said, "First off if we accept peace on their terms we'll be forced to disarm.".

Rakshata said, "That is a problem, isn't it?".

Tohdoh said, "We will also get swallowed up in their regime and lose our independence.".

Diethard said, "On the other hand, if we don't support it, then we're against equality and freedom.".

Ohgi said, "Then let's support it!".

Diethard asked, "What, without any guarantees in place?".

Ohgi said, "But we can't ignore it, either!".

The Next Day*

Elizabeth's POV*

C2 was piloting the Gawain to fly us to the Special Administrative Zone of Japan while Lelouch and I as Zero and One stood on the shoulders of the Gawain.

When we were close to the stage Euphemia ran forward and said, "Zero! One! Welcome to the Specially Administrated Zone!".

Lelouch said, "Greetings, Euphemia Li Britannia! I wish to request an audience with you!".

Euphemia asked, "Just with me?".

Lelouch said, "Yes, with you alone.".

I whispered, "Don't hurt her and lightly use Geass to make this zone fall apart.".

He nodded and we landed.

They did a metal detector search on the two of us and when we were cleared Euphemia said, "Then this way, please.".

Suzaku was here and he said, "Princess Euphemia, it's too dangerous to be alone with Zero. As your knight, I request you allow me to accompany you to safety.".

Euphemia smiled and said, "No, it's all right. Please, just trust me, Suzaku.".

They both left for the transport and I walked to the front stage to thunderous applause for me.

I took my seat and the man sitting next to me asked, "Accepted your defeat, I see?".

I said, "In defeat, one can still triumph.".

In The Transport*

Lelouch's POV*

I was making sure everything was secure and I made sure no one could see me.

Euphemia asked, "Even though the cameras are off, you're still being extremely careful, aren't you?".

I pulled my helmet off and said, "I've been in hiding for a long time due to a certain empire, I'm afraid.".

I pulled the gun on her and said, " This is a needle gun made from ceramic and bamboo. It can't be picked up on a metal detector.".

Euphemia asked, "Lelouch... you would never shoot me, would you?".

I said, "No, I would never do that... you'll be doing the shooting, Euphy. This ceremony is being broadcast globally, and the world is going to witness you, a Britannian princess, shoot Zero and One. What do you think will happen next?".

Euphemia said, "Rioting would break out, I imagine.".

I said, "Right, Zero and One will become martyrs, tricked into a deathtrap, and instantly your popularity will crash to Earth.".

Euphemia said, "What kind of nonsense are you saying? You and Elizabeth should just help me rebuild Japan!".

I said, "If you force it upon us from on high, then you're as bad as Clovis was! All tasks at hand have been cleared.".

I handed her the gun and said, "After hovering near death, Zero and One will be met with cheers when he makes a miraculous recovery. Because people don't give a damn about reason, but nobody can resist miracles. Now, take the gun.".

She said, "Huh?" and I said, "There can be only one Messiah, you understand, and when the people realize that you're a false one, they'll...".

I stopped because there was this pain in my eye and I dropped the gun.

I groaned in pain as Euphemia came to my side and said, "Lelouch!".

I stood up angrily and said, "Stop it! Stop giving me your pity! Spare me your charity! This is something I have to achieve on my own! And so for that, I shall now stain your hands with blood, Euphemia Li Britannia!".

Euphemia said, "That isn't my name, I've renounced it!".

Euphemia stood up and said, "There'll probably be a formal announcement issued by the homeland about it any day now, but I've given up my claim to the throne!".

I asked, "But why? It isn't because you accepted Zero and One, is it?".

Euphemia said, "Well, of course, I have to pay the price for doing something so selfish; those are the consequences.".

I said, "Yes, but it wasn't difficult for you to give that up, was it? And I suppose you did it for me and Elizabeth's sake.".

Euphemia said, "As conceited as you both ever were, but no, I did it for Nunnally. She told me herself, All I want is to be with my brother and sister, and that's all that matters. I want nothing more.".

I asked, "For that petty reason?".

Euphemia said, "That's right, Lelouch! That's how I made up my mind. It made me stop and seriously reflect on what was truly important to me in life. Do you understand now? I'm not giving up anything that has significant meaning or real worth to me. And you don't need to worry. I won't tell anyone about you or Elizabeth.".

I chuckled and asked, "And Cornelia?".

Euphemia said, "It's not like we'll never see each other again.".

I said, "Euphy, you are a fool, an amazing fool.".

Euphemia said, "I know I'm not as smart as you, Elizabeth, or Schneizel, but I've never been able to beat you at games or studies, however...".

I interrupted her and said, "However... and in your usual rash Euphy fashion, you've managed to end up winning all of it. When I think of you, I don't visualize the sub-viceroy or a princess, I only see the plain little Euphy who you used to be.".

She offered her hand and asked, "Then will you join plain little Euphy and help her?"

I took her hand and said, "You are... you are the worst opponent Elizabeth and I have ever faced. You win. We'll amend our plans to help out your Special Zone. But not as your subordinates, all right?".

Euphemia asked, "All right! Though neither of you have got very much faith in me, have you?".

I hummed and Euphemia asked, "Did you honestly believe that by simply threatening me I would shoot you both?".

I smiled and said, "Oh, no, you've got it all wrong. When we really want people to follow our orders, they'll not resist us, whether it's to shoot us, to grant pardon to Suzaku, or any order at all.".

Euphemia said, "Oh, now you're being silly. Stop playing with me.".

I turned to her and said, "I'm serious. For example, if I told you to kill all the Japanese, it wouldn't matter how you felt about it.".

Euphemia gasped.

She stepped back and scarcely said, "No... don't make me do it, please! I'm not... I'm not going to do it, please...! I don't wanna kill them! No...".

I asked, "Did I...?!".

Euphemia gasped and mindlessly said, "You're right. I have to kill all the Japanese.".

I mentally said, "I've become like Mao! I can't control my Geass power! That means Elizabeth's Geass is probably doing the same!".

I ran to Euphemia and said, "Forget the order I just gave you! Euphy!".

Euphy grabbed the gun and ran out.

I shouted, "Wait, Euphy, don't!".

Elizabeth's POV*

I saw Euphemia run out to the mic.

The guy sitting next to me asked, "Sub-Viceroy, where's Zero?!". 

Euphemia said, "Those of you who call yourselves Japanese, I have a favor to ask. Could you all die, please?".

I mentally said, "Dammit! My suspicion was right. Lelouch and I have lost control of our Geass and become like Mao.".

Euphemia said, "Umm... I was hoping you'd all just commit suicide, but you can't, can you? Okay, soldiers, please kill the Japanese! Kill them all!".

Kirihara stood up and said, "The woman's gone mad.".

The guy sitting next to me said, "Cut the mics and cameras now!".

I stood up and looked behind me and saw Lelouch.

He said, "Euphy, no!".

The guards said, "Halt!" and they blocked him.

I got in front of Euphy and said, "Please don't do this. You're stronger than this. I know your strong Euph-".

Euphemia shot me in the gut twice with no look of sadness on her face but her eyes were in pain.

I fell to my knees and gripped my gut.

Lelouch shouted, "One, no!".

I fell to the ground and Euphemia said, "Go on, soldiers. Do your duty! Hurry up!" and I passed out hoping for a miracle only Lelouch could perform for me and saving Euphemia.

Lelouch's POV*

Elizabeth shut her eyes and Darlton said, "Princess Euphemia! What on Earth's come over you?! Please stop this at once, Your Highness, this is...".

Euphemia turned to him and shot Darlton.

Darlton groaned as he fell to his knees.

Euphemia said, "Forgive me, General, but I mustn't let anyone stand in my way. I have to kill all the Japanese. Now Britannians, kill the Japanese!".

The blood bath started as I ran over to Elizabeth and picked her up.

I piggybacked her to the Gawain where C2 bandaged her up.

C2 piloted us up into the air and said, "I'm shocked. I didn't think either of you would go this far.".

I said, "It wasn't me...".

C2 looked up at me and asked, "What?".

I said, "This time I didn't use the power... or I should say I didn't mean to use my Geass... I knew there were risks when we made our contract. You told us how dangerous this power could be...! Nonetheless!".

In The Sword Of Akasha*

Charles Zi Britannia's POV*

I was cackling at what little Euphemia was doing.

I shouted, "Yes, you're worthy of being called my child now!".

Elsewhere*

Cornelia's POV*

I approached my Knightmare and Guildford said, "Princess Cornelia, wait!".

I said, "Don't follow me unless you want to come along!".

In The Stadium*

Suzaku's POV*

I shouted, "Euphy!".

I turned my com on and asked, "Have you located her yet?! Where is she?!".

Miss Cecile said, "I don't know! We haven't been able to contact General Darlton, either!".

Lelouch's POV*

C2 said, "Hey, the Britannian forces have begun moving out of the stadium!".

I said, "Right. In this case, our only option is to exploit Euphemia to the utmost. It's the... least we can do...".

C2 sighed and 

I contacted The Black Knights and said, "This is my order to all Black Knights! Euphemia has become our enemy! The Specially Administrated Zone of Japan is a cowardly trap designed to lure us in! One has been shot and is in critical! All armored autonomous battle knight units, advance on the ceremony grounds and wage an attack! Wipeout all Britannian forces! Save the Japanese! Hurry! Find Euphemia and kill her!".

A Few Minutes Later*

I found Kallen about to fight Euphemia and I said, "Wait! I'll deal with her.".

I used the ten-finger slash harkens to destroy Euphemia's Knightmare.

Kallen messaged, "Now what, Zero? Do we take her prisoner?".

I said, "There's no point. Leave her.".

Euphemia climbed out of her Knightmare and said, "I have to kill them all! These Japanese people... they have to die!"

She grabbed a gun and shot at the Gawain.

I looked on in sadness as I put my helmet on.

Her gun jammed up and she said, "It jammed up... I have to... hurry!".

She found another ammo cartridge and inserted it into her gun.

I came out of the Gawain and stood before her.

I said, "Oh, I thought you were one of them. So, I was thinking, the three of us could run the Specially Administrated Zone of Japan together. Oh, wait... Japan?".

I said, "Yes. I would've like that. You and us together...".

I shot and she gasped and I mentally said, "Farewell, Euphy. You may have been the first girl I ever loved.".

Suzaku angrily came and grabbed Euphemia and piloted her away to the Avalon.

A little later Elizabeth woke up angry that I killed Euphemia and she wanted to get back to work before I took her to a hospital.

But C2 wasn't having that and she dragged Elizabeth off to an offsite hospital while I met with the Kyoto group.

Kaguya said, "How wonderful to finally meet you! But not One...".

I mentally said, "This girl... she's a relative of Suzaku's.".

Kirihara asked, "Zero, are you and One prepared to walk beside us in what's to come?".

I said, "The opposite! From this point on, the Six Houses of Kyoto will be under One and me's control! I won't hear any objections! All other paths of survival for you... have now vanished!".

After that business was taken care of I went to address Japan.

I said, "People of Japan and all who are oppressed by the Empire of Britannia! Long have One and I waited, all through the struggles against Britannia's injustices, We've waited for them to come to their senses! But that hope was betrayed, by an act of barbarism that can only be called a genocide! Euphemia is the symbol of Britannia's hypocrisy! A murderer cloaked in the flag of a nation! I hereby declare our independence from Britannia! But don't take this to mean the resurrection of your fallen nation! We will not turn back the hands of time! The new Japan we go on to build shall be one broad enough to accept all peoples, histories, and ideologies where the strong shall not reign over the weak! And it shall be called... The United States of Japan!".

The crowd chanted for me and Elizabeth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 146 32
Sakura Kururugi has had to play an act for the last year after the Black Knights revolution crumbled when Zero and Infinity left the final battle to...
24.3K 534 12
Her name is Elizabeth VI Britannia and she is the other sister of Lelouch VI Britannia and Nunnally VI Britannia. She's often better then Lelouch and...
57.8K 1.1K 22
You know what happened that day, the day that Euphemia gave the order to kill the Japanese. That was over a year ago but to you, it felt like yesterd...
26.5K 743 18
Please note that Code Geass is not owned by me. They are owned by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, and Sunrise Studio. Please support the official rel...