It's Only The Heat [TharnType...

De GumbieN

Tharn is hopelessly in love with his childhood best friend, Type. At least, he thought it was hopeless, until... Mais

Foreword / Cast
-01- πŸŒ• I Feel Alive
-02- πŸŒ• Not Afraid
-03- πŸŒ• Lied To
-04- πŸŒ• Tied To Someone Else
-05- πŸŒ– Don't Need Your Love
-06- πŸŒ– Devil's On Your Shoulder
-07- πŸŒ– By My Side
-08- πŸŒ– Lips Pressed In My Neck
-09- πŸŒ— I'm Okay
-10- πŸŒ— Make Me Sweat
-11- πŸŒ— Get In My Way
-12- πŸŒ— Liberate You
-13- πŸŒ— Come Close ( + Q&A pt. 1)
Q&A pt. 2
-14- 🌘 Little One
-15- 🌘 Where You Belong
-16- 🌘 Been So Blind
-17- 🌘 Give Me All Of You
-18- πŸŒ‘ This Moment
-19- πŸŒ‘ Run Into My Arms
-20- πŸŒ‘ With You, I'm Safe
-21- πŸŒ‘ Hellish
-22- πŸŒ’ We've All Made Mistakes
-24- πŸŒ’ Feeling Of Betrayal
-25- πŸŒ’ The Man That Left My Bed
-26- πŸŒ“ Come Back To You
-27- πŸŒ“ Wrapped Up In You
-28- πŸŒ“ Sound Of Your Body
-29- πŸŒ“ Home
-30- πŸŒ” Teenage Dream
-31- πŸŒ” Tell You Now
-32- πŸŒ” Hold You Tight
-33- πŸŒ” Keeping You Safe
-34- πŸŒ• Take It Off
-35- πŸŒ• Stars Are Above You
-36- πŸŒ• Tiny Hands
-37- πŸŒ• Wherever I Go
Afterword
Extra #1 πŸŒ™
FAN ART!!
It's Only The Heat [BxB 18+]
Extra #2 πŸŒ™
Extra #3 πŸŒ™
Extra #4 πŸŒ™
SEQUEL!!
CANON EXTRA: Tum & Tar adopt a child
CANON EXTRA: Interrupted
CANON EXTRA: Halloween Special
NON-CANON EXTRA: Team, Champ, and Techno

-23- πŸŒ’ Beyond Help

16.3K 724 309
De GumbieN

[A/N - Trigger warning: verbal abuse]

"And no one can ever hurt me like I've hurt myself. 'Cause I'm made out of stone and I'm beyond help. Don't give your heart to me."
~Dean Lewis, 'Half A Man'

~~~

*Lhong's POV*

"Stop!"

A hand grasps my arm, forcing me to spin back around. My gaze is instantly drawn to the melted chocolate swirls of Thorn's eyes, and I can feel our newfound connection pulsing with need.

Fuck.

"You are so not walking away from me right now," Thorn fumes.

"Let go of me!" I snarl, trying to break out of his grasp. Thorn tightens his iron grip, refusing to let me go. My eyes widen at the realization that even though my Alpha blood makes me strong, Thorn's determination to keep me in place is much stronger.

"Not until we talk. You don't get to walk away from this conversation," Thorn states firmly. Glaring at him, I stop struggling with a huff. "Good boy."

I roll my eyes in an attempt to cover up the blush that rises to my cheeks when he said that. It doesn't help that, over the years, Thorn has grown into a ridiculously attractive man. He exudes authority and beauty, regardless of the scar on his face. My heart hurts looking at the scar. Whether it's our new connection, or the care I've held onto for Thorn for years, it pains me to know he was hurt that badly.

I clear my throat, trying to maintain my unfazed appearance. "Whatever. If you want to talk, fine. Talk."

Thorn scoffs. "Okay. Fine. You want to be straightforward, we can be straightforward. We're mates, and I would appreciate if you wouldn't reject me."

I choke on my own spit. "W-Why would you think I'm rejecting you?"

Thorn smiles humorlessly. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you literally ran away from me just now?"

"I-I am a bit overwhelmed with everything! I see you for the first time in years, and find out we're mates. Kind of a big change from just being my friend's little brother."

"Ouch. And here I thought we were friends, too."

I wince and look at him apologetically. "I didn't mean it like that. Of course we were friends, but... I don't know, Thorn. This is just too weird."

Worry splashes across Thorn's face. His hold on my arm loosens, his hand slipping away and falling to his side. "Are you... are you really rejecting me?" He asks in a broken whisper. Pain shoots in my chest at the sadness radiating from my mate.

"I... I don't know," I confess quietly. "I think I need time. Please... give me time."

I take a step back before turning away from Thorn. Everything within me is screaming for me to stay with my mate; my wolf whining in desperation. I force myself to keep walking, ignoring the pain spreading through my body with each step.

"Is it because of Tharn?"

My steps still, and my face pales. I turn back around and immediately regret doing so. There was a time when I would have loved for everyone to know what happened between me and Tharn. For the entire world to know that, even if for a brief moment, there was a time when someone actually wanted me. Needed me. Like how Tharn did.... or, at least how I thought he did.

But none of that matters the moment I see the look of absolute devastation on Thorn's face. For the first time, I actually hate myself for what happened with Tharn. Enough to make my stomach hurt. Sex is supposed to be a sacred thing shared between mates. I didn't think much of it because I didn't have a mate, and I didn't understand why Tharn had made such a big deal about it by avoiding me.

But now I do. Because the look on Thorn's face... fuck, I would give anything to not see him look this dejected ever again.

I walk back towards Thorn. There's a hesitancy in his eyes that is unfamiliar for him as I slowly approach him. All the confidence he had only moments ago has been swept away, replaced by the fear that I would reject him. And it fucking hurts.

"I don't want to lie to you," I say softly. "There are a lot of things I need to think about, and that is one of them. And you should think about it, too."

Thorn tilts his head quizzically. "Think about what?"

"This. Whether or not you really want this. I assume the situation with Tharn is why you wanted to meet with me in the first place, right?" I guess correctly by the small nod Thorn gives. "Clearly, you had some strong feelings about it or you wouldn't have asked to meet with me so suddenly. Don't let the fact that we're mates cloud your judgement. Take some time to think about what you're feeling. I'll do the same. We can talk again then."

"Wait!" Thorn grasps at my arm, keeping me from leaving again. "We need to talk about Type. You cannot tell him about you and Tharn. The only person Type needs to hear it from is Tharn and Tharn alone."

My shoulders feel weighted, and I release a heavy sigh. I feel so exhausted.
Between the drama with Tharn, the tension at home with my dad, and now this new revelation with Thorn... I'm so fucking tired.

"I'm not going to tell him," I assure him gently. "I don't have a reason to. Not... not anymore. But I still need time to collect my thoughts. This is.... a lot." I gingerly remove his hand from my arm and step away. Before leaving, I give him once last reassurance to ease his nerves. "I'll call you."

Thorn releases a breath of relief and nods his head. With a small, grateful smile, I head back towards my pack. The entire walk, my head is spinning. I need someone to vent to, someone I can trust.

'Tum,' I call out in the pack mind link.

'What's up?' He responds quickly.

'Meet me at the pack house. Now.'

***

"Woah, woah, what? Tharn's brother is your mate?" Tum questions in disbelief. "Jesus, what are the odds of that?"

I shoot him a glare as I continue to pace across my room. Tum sits on my bed, making sure I'm not about to have a nervous breakdown. He raises his hands defensively, and I drop the aggressive look.

"What are you going to do?" Tum asks.

"I don't know!" I shout back. "If I did, I wouldn't have called you here!"

A loud knock on my door makes us both jump. I hurriedly open the door to reveal my father standing there with a very displeased frown.

"What have I told you about shouting inside this house?" He growls lowly.

My face flushes, and my head drops. "I'm sorry, sir."

He peeks over my shoulder to see Tum sitting there awkwardly on my bed. My father clears his throat and wipes his hand over his face. His expression changes from angry to calm, I'm assuming to hide his aggression from other members of the pack.

"Don't let it happen again," he warns before walking away. I sigh and shut the door as quietly as possible.

"Psst," Tum whispers, grabbing my attention. "Does he know? About Tharn?"

I shake my head and sit down on the bed next to him. "He knows that I've had some dumb crush on him since high school, but that's it."

Tum's shoulders relax and he nods. "That's good. What about Thorn? Does he know?"

"He does," I say regretfully. "Tharn told him before Thorn and I found out we're mates."

"And he didn't straight up reject you? Damn, you're lucky to have a mate who doesn't hate you for sleeping with his brother," Tum laughs.

A loud growl rips through the pack house, making the walls shudder. Fear grips my chest as my blood runs cold. The bedroom door swings open as my father storms into my room. He wastes no time grabbing me by the front of my shirt.

"Get out!" he snarls at Tum, keeping his blazing eyes locked on me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tum's indecision as he stands next to my bed. He doesn't want to leave me here, I can sense it. But when my father releases another powerful growl, Tum can't disobey the order of his Alpha, and he ducks his head down and leaves.

"What the fuck did I just hear him say?!" My father growls, his eyes glowing menacingly behind his glasses. My hands become clammy, my entire body shaking. "Answer me!"

"N-Nothing," I stammer out, averting my eyes away from the anger on his face, choosing instead to stare at the floor.

"Nothing?! Are you telling me that I didn't just hear him say that you fucking slept with Thanayong's son?! And not only that, but his other son is your mate?!"

"F-Father—"

"You fucking slut," he snarls in my face. "I should've known you'd cause trouble for me the second a saw you making puppy eyes at Tharn. Who do your loyalties lie with?!"

"You! The pack!" I answer frantically as his grip on my shirt tightens. His breath fans my face, and I get a hit by the stench of alcohol. My father shoves me away, causing my back to hit the wall. I yelp and slide down to the floor.

"I should fucking hope so," he spits at me. "If you want to be Alpha, this is your chance to prove your loyalty."

I look up at him with wide eyes. "W-What do you mean? Prove it how?"

"I mean war, son! The Golden fucking Moon pack has been stalling their approval of us taking over the neutral territory. Do they think I'm an idiot?! I know Thanayong is too much of a chicken to deny me outright. Instead, he's making me jump through all these unnecessary hoops! Just because their pack is bigger and has more land doesn't mean they get to control us! We're taking that territory, even if we have to use force!"

My jaw drops. "If we just claim the land, we'd be breaking our treaty with their pack!"

"To hell with the treaty!" My father roars. "That pack is filled with a bunch of idiots anyway! Hanging onto the neutral territory like that... I mean, you'd think after Thanayong's son was attacked, they'd be eager to have the land claimed and monitored!"

"But... Thorn's attack was a freak accident," I say slowly. "There hasn't been an attack on those grounds for a decade, before the one on Thorn. We don't even know who the wolves were."

"You really are an idiot," he sneers at me, making me wince. "I can't believe my own flesh and blood is this stupid."

The wheels turn in my head before the realization hits me like a semi-truck. My head snaps up as my blood runs cold.

"You didn't," I whisper. The ice cold blood running through my veins starts to boil into a fiery rage when my father begins to laugh condescendingly. "But their scents weren't recognizable!"

"Do you think I'd be stupid enough to hire wolves from our own pack?" He questions angrily. "They're rogues from another city. I offered protection, they offered their services. Simple as that."

"How is that simple?!" I shout, pulling myself to my feet and staring down my father. He blinks in surprise, as I have never raised my voice at him before. Now, my heated rage is rolling off of me, my claws elongating as the alpha wolf in me is dying to be released. "That was my mate! You attacked my mate! He was bedridden for two weeks! He has scars that still haven't healed, and probably never will! Do you even realize the extent of the damage you've done?!"

"It was for the good of the pack!" He growls, his eyes flashing red with anger at my defiance.

"The good of the pack," I repeat mockingly. "When the rest of the pack hears what you've done, once they learn that you've broken our treaty in your desperation for more power, they will revolt. They will not stand to have you lead us anymore."

I don't even have a second to react before I hit the wall, my cheek stinging from the violent backhand I just received. Swiping my hand across my lip, I wipe away the small drop of blood that gathered at the corner of my mouth.

"Do not threaten me, son," my father hisses lowly. "If you dare deny me, I will have you tried for treason. And you know damn well what the punishment for traitors is. I don't fucking care if you're my son. I'd rather this pack die out than let someone like you lead it."

He storms out of my room, slamming the door behind him and locking it from the outside. I push myself away from the wall, stumbling forward for a second before stabilizing myself.

'Tum!'

'Lhong! Are you okay? What's going on? Are you hurt? What's happening?'

'Gather all the leaders and elders of the pack,' I order him, ignoring his questions. 'Tell them my father has broken the treaty with the Golden Moon Pack, and is planning an attack to launch a war.'

'A-Are you certain? That's a heavy accusation, Lhong. And telling me this could make your dad angrier. I don't want to see you get hurt.'

'More people will be hurt if you don't warn the pack! Go! Now!'

The sound of glass shattering rings in my ears as I smash my fist through the bedroom window. I climb out, jumping with ease to the ground before taking off as fast as I can.

I need to find Thorn.

***

I run towards the gates of the Golden Moon Pack. The wolves guarding the entrance stop me, both of them having to hold me back as I struggle against them.

"Let me go! I need to see Thorn!" I shout, beating my fists against their chests. The two look back and forth between each other, and I assume they are having a conversation through their pack mind link. The taller guard sighs and closes his eyes for a few moments. I slow my struggles, watching the guard curiously. Before I can ask what he's doing, I hear a voice call out to me.

"Lhong!"

I look over the guard's shoulder to see Thorn racing towards me. "Thank you for contacting me," Thorn nods in the direction of the taller guard. The two wolves release me, but keep their watchful eyes on me as they step back. Thorn grabs my hand and pulls me further into the pack.

"Thorn, I need to tell you something," I start, my heart already beating erratically. How is he going to react? To the fact that our packs are about to go to war? To the fact that my father organized his attack?

He's going to hate me.

My stomach clenches as my heart twists painfully. I almost don't want to tell him, but I can't keep this from him. It wouldn't be right.

"No, please, let me go first," Thorn cuts me off. "Look, I know you said that I should take some time to think about whether or not I want to accept you as my mate, but I don't need time."

"Thorn, that isn't really—"

"Zip it!" Thorn warns firmly. He brushes his light brown hair away from his face with one hand, his other hand still holding mine tightly. "I understand you might still have some issues to work through, and I get that, but you have to know that I don't need to think about anything. I want you to be my mate."

Even though my heart fills with indescribable glee that I didn't expect to feel, I can't let myself get distracted from the matter at hand.

"Wait, Thorn, just listen—"

"And I don't care that you slept with Tharn!" He insists desperately. "It was a once time thing, and it's in the past. All that matters is the present, you and me."

I open my mouth to try and voice my concerns once more, when another voice cuts me off, and all the blood drains from my face.

"What the hell did you just say?" Type asks, his voice cracking slightly. I turn my head to see him standing on the pathway, only a few yards away from us, his face twisted in utter heartbreak.

Oh shit.

~~~

^ me running and hiding

These boys need to CHECK THEIR SURROUNDINGS before spilling the tea like that, smh

Uuuuuhhhh anyway, comment and vote, but please be kind to my fragile soul

Byyeeeee
-Gumbie

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

20.3K 1.3K 16
βœ“Gulf - A engineering student (1st year), Emotional & happy go lucky person.. but his heart broke because of his crush. he has a crush on his bestfrn...
108K 5.2K 17
(Completed βœ”) Tharn missed having 'a personal time' with Type because they have two kids. Sarawat and Tine comes to his rescue~ A TharnType/MewGulf f...
127K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...
69.2K 3.1K 19
Plot: Mew and Gulf have been working together for about a year now acting as lovers in a bl series, however as time goes on they start to realize tha...