Transcendent Thirst

Od YOLOwriting101

"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his ch... Více

💉 p r e f a c e
💉 p r o l o g u e
💉1
💉2
💉3
💉4
💉5
💉6
💉7
💉8
💉9
💉10
💉11
💉12
💉13
💉14
💉15
💉16
💉17
💉18
💉19
💉20
💉21
💉22
💉23
💉24
💉25
💉26
💉27
💉28
💉29
💉31
💉32
💉33
💉34
💉35
💉36
💉37
💉38
💉39
💉40
💉41
💉42
💉43
💉44
💉45
💉46

💉30

1.7K 99 71
Od YOLOwriting101

I stood before Cassian, Aesop, and Darius... Them all sitting in the sofa that Darius and I once used to sit in. He kept his eyes glued onto me, but it wasn't in a good way. He was glaring at me...he truly looking like he hated me.

"This is too much..." I croak in embarrassment, shaking my head as Cassian stood.

"Let me explain. It may be...best if we go somewhere else." He says to me, and when he stood Darius grabbed his hand. My eyes not missing such a thing as he looked at Cassian in concern.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He questioned, and Cassian shook his head no. "I don't trust you with him, he may hurt you again-."

"Darius!" I exclaim painfully, and he glared at me. He stood up as he walked towards me, pointing at my face.

"If you hurt him...remember what I said earlier. You hear me-?"

"Darius please...you can't be serious." I beg as I tried grabbing his hands, only for him to slap them away. He moved back beside Aesop and I looked at Cassian.

That's when we walked into the dining room and sat at the table. I had to bring a box of tissues with me because I couldn't handle this. This was too much.

I had no words as Cassian just looked at me painfully, as if he felt bad. Mocking me to the point that I questioned who was even sincere!

"That day...you saw Darius he murdered before your eyes...yes?" He questioned, and I nod. "Yes, I thought he was dead too. Except suddenly you started screaming and passed out probably from shock, so we left you there. But my father insisted that we take Darius with us. We didn't know why he'd do such a thing...bring a dead body.

"But we soon discovered that Darius wasn't dead, he was being turned into a vampire. We asked my dad if he did it, he said no. Then we asked if you could've done it - and he said no. He didn't ever say who bit him and it still confuses me...but it was a few days ago that Darius woke up as one of us. He was afraid and thought my dad did it, but my dad said he didn't do it. Darius wanted to go back to you...he really did. Except my father said if he went back - he'd kill you this time."

I took a deep breath as I looked away from Cassian. I didn't like looking at him for too long, especially as he recounted memories that were painful to hear.

"Darius didn't want you to get hurt...he really didn't. But he said he would rather die than not be able to be with you and your guys' daughter. My father was not going to kill him, he said he had changed his mind. That he would give you a chance. That he would clear Darius' mind of you completely and erase his memories up until this point. So...he did such a thing and cast a spell onto him to love my brother and me. Like what he did to Oscar...except this one can be broken. If you can...win his heart again and remind of old memories in under a year - he's yours again."

I gasp as I found myself standing, but Cassian stood with me as he grabbed my arm. When I yank my arm away he shook his head.

"If you don't remind him of everything in a year, starting today - his memories will be lost forever."

"You said his memories were erased." I remind, making Cassian sigh.

"They were...in a way. They were just blocked. You can resurface them and if you can win him back, he's your Darius again. If you don't do that in a year - he's ours." Cassian said quietly at the end, and I found my eyes widening at him.

He looked away from me as I saw his eyes begin to turn red orange, looking away from me.

"You like him?"

"He's a really nice guy. Even though my dad cast a spell on him and did all those things, you can't help but fall for him. I mean...you have a year." He chuckled, and that's when I saw Cassian's true colors now.

Looking away from me I flinch, realizing that I haven't checked on Aurelie ever since one in the morning. It is six going on seven in the morning!

I rush away from Cassian, and I go into my room. Flinching when I saw Darius holding her in his arms. Aesop right beside him as he looked at me with a smirk. Though I didn't care about him. All I was focused on was Darius holding her.

Her eyes were red orange again, and to see her look at him in such a way was precious. It made me smile when he looked at her, a grin on the edge of his lips.

"Who's the father?" Aesop asked me, mocking me as Darius didn't look at me.

"I..." I drift when Darius looks at me, though there was still dislike in his eyes...at least he didn't have hatred.

"Why do I feel like I have held her and seen her before?" He questioned me, and I took a deep breath. "I don't like you, but I know I have seen this baby before."

I walk to a box of tissues, wiping away the tears that built up in my eyes. How is this fair? To me?

Taking a deep breath again - which I've been doing a lot more lately, I walk towards Darius. Aesop narrowed his eyes at me when I stood in front of him, my hand resting on Aurelie's head.

"Where do you think you have seen her?"

"I'm not sure, that's why I need you to tell me so that I'm certain." He sneers, and that's when he frowns. We look down and see Aurelie was drinking his blood, causing him to pull his arm away a little. "I need you to clarify another thing."

"Anything...but without him here." I nod at Aesop, and Darius snorts.

Except he did look at Aesop and I saw that the guy wasn't planning on leaving. Though Darius grinned after him kindly and that hurt me. That did make Aesop leave, but he gave us a time limit of five minutes.

When it comes to Darius and me, we don't need a time limit.

Once we were alone, I grinned up at him. Making him look away from me and I nod at Aurelie.

"What word comes to your mind when you see her?" I question him, and he raises his eyebrows. As I wait, he just continued to stare. Beginning to chew his lip as I saw his eyes were red orange for her, which I thought was very fast.

Falling in love with your daughter before me...but I think it's cute. Quite lovely to see.

"Precious...my precious Aurelie." He murmurs, and I felt my face heat up. "That's what comes to mind. I don't know why...but I have a question to ask you."

I found myself falling on my knees before him, shaking my head. I press my hand to my heart, nodding at him slowly.

"You can ask me anything."

Darius crouched before me, looking me in the eyes. His eyes were back to being purple and that let me know he didn't have feelings for me...yet.

"Does she like elephants?" He asked curiously, and I smile brightly. Nodding as I rush to her elephant pillow. When he sees it his eyes enlarge and he rushes to it. Sitting on the bed - the exact spot he used to lay in - he gasps.

I could see him frown in confusion, and he looked up at me.

"Darius I have something to confess. Aurelie is your daughter - our daughter. Born on-."

"April 10, 2020. Yes, I know." He says, and I smile. He grins, but not at me as he looks at her. "I remember...faint, little things. You are there in the small things, but I can't understand the feelings I had for you." 

I flinch when he looked at me, shaking his head.

"I am in love with Cassian and Aesop - I always have been-."

"Darius, you and I were in love - so much. You had my heart and I had yours-."

"How is that possible when I don't remember that?" He asked in annoyance, snickering. "I could've had a child with you, but that doesn't mean anything."

I gasp, seeing him raise his eyebrow at me.

"It means everything. We both were each other's firsts. We loved one another and for you to say that to me...makes me want to cry..." I whimper, and Darius suddenly becomes angry.

"How is that fair?! I don't remember you - whatsoever!" He shouts, and I see Aurelie flinch.

But I was pissed.

"Why are you raising you voice?" I ask him quietly, and I see him sneer.

"Achille-."

"I don't like when you raise your voice at me, don't you ever do it again. Ever!" I snap at him, and he flinched.

I saw Darius begin to nod slowly, shaking his head as if he had a headache.

"Okay...I will never do it again." He promises me, and it sounded all too familiar. "This situation seems too familiar."

"Because it is. We got in an argument over me turning you into a vampire and I never did. I wish...I did." I whimper, and Darius just stares at me. He looked discontent by my words and looked off.

"Then who turned me?"

"I don't know...I can't answer that." I shrugged, and Darius looked at Aurelie. 

"She did."

I found my eyes widening and suddenly hear the door open. The both of us looking to see the brothers just walking into our room. Aesop was glaring at me while Cassian just looked at me with this mocking expression.

Shaking my head, I face Darius and see him set Aurelie on her pillow.

"Cassian and Aesop is there something you need?" Darius asked him in a caring tone, and they nodded. "What is it?"

"Father said it's time to go. You can speak with Achille another time." Aesop tells him, and he nods. As he walks away Aurelie began to whimper sadly, causing Darius to look back at her.

We both made eye contact and he flinched, only for Cassian to grab his hand.

"Let's go. You can see them tomorrow." Cassian murmurs, and Darius nods. I became annoyed by that because he was...mine.

Why should he be manipulated by these fools when I know the truth.

"Darius I see that you are okay and you don't know what I have felt for over a month without you. Please...just stay here with me tonight. Don't have to do anything, but stay. I need you...to stay." I beg, and I felt my eyes become watery again.

That's when I hear Aurelie begin to cry, a shaky breath leaving my chest as I go to her. Picking her up I try to calm her down, but she didn't want to be held by me at the moment.

I looked at Darius and saw him just look at me, but there was no feeling. He did look at Aurelie and I saw him begin to look sad.

"Fine." He says, and he leaves the room. Cassian and Aesop following behind him as I bit my lip.

I never told him what time tonight...

|Darius
A.N: play the song I left on loop, makes this feel more deep. 🙏🏾

I stood with my arms folded, confused about multiple things.

How was I supposed to stay in someone's house if I don't really...know them all that well? At the same time I feel like I do in a way.

I don't know why, but I can feel in one little memory that I once loved him unconditionally. It was when Aurelie was born and I remember just looking at him. He held Aurelie and on that day I felt...I don't know what it is.

Because I can remember my childhood and my adult life, yes. But it's almost as if anything involving Achille and Aurelie has just vanished. It confuses me, but I am now in love with Cassian and Aesop...

I think.

When I woke up, Sabin told me that his sons were my lovers. That I loved them sincerely and that I need to protect them with all my heart. I didn't argue with such a thing because...who would lie about that?

But my memories are still foggy - even though I thought they were nonexistent.

"Cassian?"

"Yes Darius?" He asked me as he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"How did I meet you?" I question curiously, because I was thinking and realized I remember barely anything on Achille. Maybe it's the same for these two.

Except Cassian looked away from me, shaking his head as he points at me playfully. Making me smile as I saw his nice smile, but it didn't feel right.

"What did my dad say about asking those kind of questions Darius?" He reminded me, but I frown.

"But my questions aren't unnecessary. I am curious because I don't really remember Achille, but when I was around him...I began to remember some things with him. It was weird because I once loved him - a lot. I don't know what happened, but now I'm in love with you both. How did we get here?" I question curiously, and Aesop now looked at me in annoyance.

"Darius those kind of questions are dangerous." He snapped, and I look away from him.

I will be honest, I didn't like the way he was talking to me. But it seems when I was human I had a tendency to let people talk to me however they wanted. Which is sad to think about. 

I seemed pathetic. Yet there was something I felt all the time...

Worthlessness...was it?

"Are my concerns and questions not worth answering? Am I not worth it?" I ask, and I hoped they'd say I was worth it. If they said I was worth it it would make me fall for them even more.

It seems I wished for someone to believe I was worth it. Now I still desire the same thing.

"Not worth it to get in trouble, not at all. Follow my dad's rules, and you'll do fine." Aesop sneered, and I felt my heart tighten.

Interesting.

If you love someone enough shouldn't they be worth it? No matter the circumstances or reasons?

"Okay...sure." I drift, and I begin to wonder what the big deal is. What are they hiding?

Now I was no longer certain.

What kind of love even is this?

Knowing how my human character was I know I would've never fallen in love with these two. But my mind is saying different.

Wait.

My mind is saying different.

My mind...what about my heart?

"Say my name."

Aesop frowns, but shrugs soon after.

"Darius."

I wait for my heartbeat to increase, but nothing happens. Looking away from him, I look at Cassian.

"Darius?" He frowned, and I frown too.

"I...I'm going to go to Achille's now. I will see you both tomorrow I guess." I say, and kiss them both on the forehead.

Before they can argue with me, I leave the house. Running out as I went back to Achille's house until I was in front of his house.

Twelve hours ago I was here and I wanted to kill Achille... I hated him and thought he was dangerous... Now I want to understand. I want to understand why none of this makes sense and why I feel like I'm being lied to.

Or am I just confused?

I knock on the door, but before I could knock again the door flew open. Seeing Achille looking up at me with the most loving expression in his eyes.

It was confusing because I don't...I didn't feel anything in my mind. I don't think you feel emotions with your mind - right?

"Achille-."

Suddenly he was running into my arms, and I was shocked as he began crumbling to the ground. I found my body following his until we were sitting on the ground.

Achille's face hidden in my chest as he clung to me desperately. Trembling uncontrollably and could hear him gasping air, confusing me. Though the more he cried it became apparent to me that he must've really...loved me.

How long was he holding in these tears.

"Achille?" I say his name, and try pulling him off of me. Except he wouldn't budge, his arms only tightened around my waist. Practically crawled onto my lap and was in a small ball on my legs.

Just crying uncontrollably and at the moment it seemed to be tormenting me. There was a memory that was flashing in my mind. It was faint as I saw his face and he was screaming at me. But he was being held down and tears streamed down his face.

This was different though.

"Darius..." He whimpered, and I flinch when he says my name this way. Though when he looks at me and we make eye contact I felt...my heart actually shatter.

Why?

"Why are you crying?" I ask truly in concern, and as gently as I could muster. Even though earlier I thought my love was just for the brothers.

Now I'm confused.

"Darius...I love you. I - I died everyday not - not hav-having y-you." He chokes as he could barely speak. His irises red orange and I could tell he really loved me.

I'm so confused!

I remember faint things and can feel that there's love for him somewhere. But I can't feel anything because there's something keeping me from doing so. Like there's something cast over my heart.

"Why couldn't you have me?" I ask a different question and Achille cries even more.

That's when I found myself standing, trying to help Achille up. Except he wouldn't stand and it became apparent to me that he was too broken to  stand.

"Achille please stand." I beg, and he shook his head.

"I - I can't. Darius you - you don't understand." He whimpers and I pick him up from here. Only making him cry harder as I walked into his house.

Closing the door, I walk upstairs to his room and lay him on the bed. He still had his arms stunk around my neck as he clung. Causing me to get on the other side of the bed with him. He still cried and I wondered if he would tire himself out.

It's a misconception that vampires can't sleep - so Sabin told me. But I'm beginning to question a lot of things that they say.

"You can cry all you want...I will be here." I murmur to him, and I suddenly heard him fall silent.

It confused me when I saw Aurelie peering over her crib at me. Her eyes on her mother and slowly moved onto me. When I nudge Achille, I realized that he was asleep.

Maybe Sabin didn't lie about this. Unless Aurelie.

"Fascinating." I chuckle, looking at...my daughter as she began to smile the cutest gummy smile I've ever seen. "Thank you for helping your mother sleep I guess...I'm a little confused on everything though. Can you help me understand?"

Aurelie just stared at me, her eyes red orange. Only looking at me as if I was the best thing in the world.

"I'll take that as a no... I will just wait for your mother to wake up. How does that sound?" I inquire to her, and she begins to coo sweetly.

I'll take that as a yes.

Despite how confused and how blocked my heart felt, I was willing to understand. Especially to feel worth something - if anything. Because from the looks of it - looks like no one thinks I'm worth it.

Or am I wrong?

...only one way to find out.

______________🌊

Sadness and Tears just entered the chat. 😭

They're asking for some friends. 😨

I couldn't wait to not publish this. Especially with some of your guys questions and theories. 😲

What do you think of this? 🤔

It is definitely worse. 😭

If I was to write Achille's POV this whole chapter, it'd be very depressing. 🤧

Poor Darius, how do you feel about him and his state? 🤔

Vote 🗳

Comment 🤩

Follow 🥰

~YOLO

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

350 44 18
I grab his face and tug it so he's looking at me. His eyes dark and pretty "I want you, kotehok and I know you want me so let's not pretend anymore...
1M 40.6K 42
[THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE THEMES WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE FOR 18+ READERS ONLY] "Yes?" His deep voice growls. It's so deep, so velvety. I can feel myself...
28.2K 737 26
" this all is your fucking fault" all of a sudden I was slammed against my locker,towering over me was my arch enemy 'Sam the Dam'. My head was pound...
27.1K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...