The Perks of Knowing Evans

By Thatdaydreamer_

"You're all I could think about, all day." His voice is low as his lips linger by my ear, his hands trailing... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 34

5.4K 120 63
By Thatdaydreamer_

A/N

Hi everyone! Back with another chapter :)

Things are looking up for Zach and Selena, aren't they? Will it continue? Or are they going to hit an obstacle? Comment your predictions here before moving on to the chapter!

Happy reading :)

H x

_________________

"So, what do you want me to wear tomorrow?"

I turn to look at Zach who's sitting next to me on the sofa, eyebrows raised.

"You're asking my advice on how to dress for an event? Don't you have stylists for that sort of thing?" I joke.

He pauses a few seconds before replying, with a small smile playing on his lips. "Im going to be meeting a lot of your friends, however informal it may be, and I want to fit in with the general vibe and look good for you."

I feel myself mushing at his words. "That's cute."

Zach and I ended up having our second date only two days after the first. It was equally amazing, if not more. Being the twenty-first century woman I am, I decided to take initiative and ask him out this time, and he was definitely pleasantly surprised by it. I arranged for us to play crazy golf at this really edgy underground-style venue. Despite the fact I lost on both rounds, it was fun and a nice juxtaposition to the formality of our first dinner date. Zach definitely took full advantage of the dimmed lighting on some of the rounds too. There were several counts of him pulling me back into him and wrapping his arms around me as I tried to play, and he justified it as him 'trying to help me make a good shot.'

Sure, that's definitely the reason.

We have just casually met up a few times too, and that has consisted of either: watching TV, eating food, or just having a good laugh together. Oh, and the unavoidable make-out sessions.

It's difficult not to when he's sitting there looking so delicious.

Neither of us have stayed over at the other's place since the first date, though. As strong as the temptation has been, we both seem to have an unspoken understanding that overdoing the sleepovers too early on can be dangerous. You want the nights you do spend together to be special, for them to be a good surprise when they naturally take place, not an expectation after every date.

We are currently sat in Zach's house just chilling in his lounge. My family's summer party happening tomorrow has just come into discussion after Zach received a text from his mum reminding him to actually turn up. The boy seems to have a bad track record for attending these types of things. Although on this occasion, I doubt he would have forgotten. He confirmed he would be there as soon as he heard it was happening.

I break away from my thoughts as there is a loud crash sound from the television. We have put on a sci-fi action movie to watch, but we've just been chatting throughout the majority of it, so who knows what's actually happening in it. Zach's got one of his arms draped around me as I am leaning against him.

"So, shall we go and choose your outfit then?" I begin to get up from the sofa after asking the question, however Zach gently grabs my arm and pulls me down on to his lap. I squeal as I lose my balance and I end up landing on him in a straddle position.

His hands trail up my thighs slowly, teasingly, and up to my hips before pulling me plush against him. "I quite like this view." I feel my cheeks heat up as I realise the double entendre of his words, and what the position I'm in resembles.

"Mhm yeah, I bet you do." He smirks and I can recognise the lust in his eyes. It's a look I've been getting from him ever since we first met, but definitely more frequently over the last few weeks. He then all of a sudden lifts himself from the sofa, taking me with him as his hands are now hooked under my thighs to carry me. I let out a shout in surprise and quickly latch my arms around his neck to avoid flying backwards.

He really does seem to enjoy throwing me about, doesn't he...

"Some warning would be nice, thank you!" I huff. He just laughs and decides to ignore my complaint as he begins to walk towards to the stairs.

"If we stayed on that sofa any longer, it would have been dangerous." I feel my body heating up. He doesn't stop there though. "Taking you to my bedroom may not be the best solution to avoiding such a situation, however we do have an outfit to pick. I can't promise I'll keep my hands off you during that, though." I can't help letting out a squeal as he throws me over his shoulder and starts walking up the stairs. I can confidently say that right now I am the happiest I have been in a very long time, and I hope the good times with Zach never end.

_____________________

Prosecco, or a cocktail? Hmm.

I am currently standing in my family's garden at one of the many refreshment tables we've set up, and trying deciding which drink to have. The party started nearly two hours ago and the majority of people are now here. However, Zach still hasn't arrived. His parents arrived around an hour ago and they said he is coming from his own place, hence why he didn't turn up with them. I would message him to ask, but I don't want to look too eager. Also, it has only been an hour and a bit of an event that usually lasts several hours. I'm sure he will be here soon.

It is a lovely sunny day. The whole garden is basked in a warm glow, and everyone is standing around and chatting whilst they drink. I have on a pastel pink bardot style dress, and my hair is in loose curls. The dress is very flattering and hugs my body in all the right places. It would be a lie to say I didn't make a little more effort with my appearance than I usually do for our annual summer party, but it's a nice feeling knowing you have someone who recognises the extra effort and gets excited about it.

I pick up a prosecco glass and glance over towards the patio door to see if there's any sign of Zach, but he's nowhere in sight. I sigh and make my way over to where my sister is stood chatting with one of my cousins. Deciding to stop clock watching and just carry on enjoying myself with my family.

However, the plan to not think about where Zach is has a great demise as my cousin, Lexi, hits me with the question as soon as I walk up to them.

"So where is the infamous Zach that I've heard so much about?"

I shoot a pointed look at Cait and she groans. "I promise I have not been stood here talking about yours and Zach's new romance for that long."

Lies. But it wouldn't be my sister if she didn't enjoy a good gossip session. Don't we all.

I turn my eyes back to Lexi. "Unfortunately he is yet to turn up."

"Who's unfortunately yet to turn up?"

I feel my breath catch in my throat as I hear a familiar, low voice appear behind me. No sooner does he speak do I feel his hand come to rest on my waist as he comes around to stand next to me. He is wearing the baby pink fitted button-up shirt and navy blue chino shorts we picked out for him yesterday. And he looks yummy.

He throws me a wink and pulls me to his side a bit before shifting his eyes to my sister and cousin.

"Really sorry I was a bit late. Some lunatic slashed my car's tires and I only realised when I went to leave the house. It took me a while to locate the keys for my other car."

What the fuck, why would someone slash his tires. I hate Hollywood.

His reason for being a bit late makes complete sense though, and I'm glad I held out and didn't message him looking overly keen.

He then turns his gaze to me and it's almost as though he's read my mind or just knows what I would have been thinking when he hadn't arrived earlier. His expression is soft.

"I would have messaged but I was so focused on trying to find these keys and get to you quickly that it slipped my mind."

Before I can even respond, Lexi starts gushing.

"Oh bless you, that's so sweet. You must be Zach then! I've been waiting to meet you!"

My cousin can be just as excitable as my sister, so I doubt Zach is even phased by it anymore.

"Yes that would be me. Nice to meet you...?"

I help him out as I know he has zero idea who this is, and probably who most my family at this party are either."This is Lexi, my older cousin."

"Lexi, nice to meet you."

Zach and Cait exchange hello's too before we all settle into conversation on why someone would slash Zach's tires. That's so weird and also very creepy considering Zach's security system is very tight. You cannot pass his security gate without authorisation, so who knows how someone managed that if they did.

"My best guess is they were slashed when I went down to the shops earlier. It isn't far from my house so I'm guessing my tires just managed to hold up for the drive home and I didn't realise."

"Crazy people around. At least you're okay though, you never know how far people can go nowadays, especially when it comes to celebrities."

Lexi's words ring true as my mind flits back to the disturbing encounter I had with my creepy stalker some time ago. I'm very glad Zach's okay, and that he is now here.

Cait and Lexi chat to us both for a bit longer before leaving us to it and going to chat to some other people. Now on my third or fourth glass of processo, I find myself very much with it but also a little tipsy and in the mood for attention. Zach has only had half a drink though, so when I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me he definitely looks surprised. Of course he would never say no to some skin on skin contact, though. He gives me that look as his arms wrap around my waist.

"I didn't take you to be one for PDA at a family gathering, Miss Jacobs."

I raise my eyebrows as I look up at him. "Don't get too ahead of yourself, Evans. We are at a civilised event and this is as far as it goes."

He chuckles. "Really now?"

He begins to lower his head, and I feel a giggle escape my lips as he pulls me against him.

A giggle? Am I five years old?

"This looks cosy."

My brother's voice snaps us right out of the little bubble we are in, and I see the alarm in Zach's eyes when he registers who Xander is.

I glare at my brother as he gives me a pointed look before shifting focus to Zach. He sticks out his hand for Zach to shake.

"Glad to see you're feeling at home. I'm Xander, Selena's older brother."

"Feeling at home? You're funny, Xan."

Zach, however, handles the situation as smoothly as ever and shakes Xander's hand.

"Great to meet you, Xander. I'm Zach, but you already knew that."

"Indeed I do. We've heard a lot about you, and also seen, should I say. The press sure love to follow you around don't they, no longer to various girls' houses anymore though I expect?"

I feel my cheeks heat up. Why is my brother so embarrassing when it comes to boys. Help.

However, Zach yet again doesn't flinch in the slightest.

"Yeah the paps enjoy harassing me, that's for sure. And no, I have all I could ever need right here now." He slings his arm across my shoulder as he says this, and looks down at me with a small smile. I smile back at him and find myself even more in awe of him from the way he has handled my brother's jibes.

"Alright, good answer I'll give you that. Just don't hurt my sister and we're going to get along just fine." I can tell Xander is already warming to Zach by his responses, and Zach definitely respects him and it shows.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

Xander nods at Zach's response. "Good man. Well it's great to meet you, glad you could make it. I'm going to go and find my pregnant fiancé now. She's probably eating everything over at the refreshments and she gets very needy. I'll catch up with you both in a bit. Have fun."

I can't help but laugh as I see Xander hurrying off to Belle who is yes at the refreshments table with a plate of food in hand. She seems very happy to see him when he comes over to her and shoves her plate into his hands as she pours herself some lemonade.

"So that went a lot better than expected." Zach sounds very relieved and it's oddly cute that he was so worried to meet my brother. It shows he cares what my brother and family thinks of him, and I appreciate he has such values.

"He definitely is already warming to you." I reassure him. "He's overprotective but he is also a very good judge of character, so don't worry. He'll realise in no time that you're an angel."

"Oh, an angel?" That mischievous look in his eyes will be the death of me. With the way the sun is now beating over us too, the brown of his eyes is heightened and making me weak at the knees. This boy can't stay away from dirty thoughts for more than 10 minutes at a time, and the effect it has on me is definitely not innocent either. On second thoughts, he's definitely not what I'd describe as an angel.

The party is in full swing now and everyone seems to have arrived. Zach and I decide to walk around a bit so I can introduce him to some of my relatives and friends who are the party. Unsurprisingly he gets along with everyone so easily from the get go, with his charm undoubtedly swaying them instantly. It definitely is a warm feeling seeing him cracking jokes with my parents too and even getting a slight laugh from Xander during a conversation we all had at the drinks table.

______________

As the party winds on, the sun starts lowering in the sky and the outdoor lighting in the garden is switched on. The illumination adds to the warm glow of the sunset that sweeps the garden. Some people have left the party at this point, but a fair few people still remain. Zach and his parents are still here, as well as all my family and a few good friends of my parents too. Some people are now sat inside in the lounge too, with the drinks still flowing. The chatter and laughter in the air is my favourite sound. Just pure happiness and everyone having fun. The soft music playing from our speakers just adds to the entire atmosphere and it feels perfect. So content.

I feel a smile play on my lips as I rest against Zach on the garden lounger outside. We are sat with both our mum's and also Xander and Belle. Everyone is just chatting about random topics, but it's safe to say that Zach has well and truly got to know my family so well in the space of a few hours that it feels like he's always been a part of it. It's a comfortable atmosphere. Plus, Zach's mum is as lovely as when I first met her and so friendly. It feels natural that we are all sat here like this.

Mum and Zach's mum are definitely going at it with the wine though, and mum is approaching her wine drunk stage of giggles.

"Selena, would you mind being an absolute dear and please grab another bottle of red from the wine cupboard?" My mum's request has come as no surprise. I noticed her eyeing the empty wine bottle on the table between us all for a solid 10 minutes before it.

I turn my head and pleasantly see Zach engaged in conversation with Xander, with the two of them discussing their mutual adoration of football. It will definitely be okay for me to leave him unattended for a few minutes. If he can handle my brother, he can handle anything.

"Okay fine. But don't get too drunk mum, or dad will be hauling you up the stairs again." My joke sets her and Zach's mum off with laughter again and I chuckle to myself. I may be a bit tipsy but I am nowhere near their level of drunk. It's definitely funny to witness.

I shift my body and Zach looks over at me as I move away from our current position of resting against each other.

"Just going to grab some more wine for our mum's. I'll be right back, don't worry. You carry on chatting."

I give him a reassuring look and he nods and gives my hand a little squeeze before I get up and walk away from the group and head towards the house. My dad and some of his work friends are also sitting outside near the patio doors of the house, and I give them a wave and smile as I pass. There is a lot of talking going on inside the house as I walk past, with many people definitely being on my mum's level of drunk. That's usually the case at our family parties though, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I head into the kitchen and through into the wine cupboard. I mean, we call it a cupboard but it's basically a small room in its own right. My parents definitely pride themselves on having an impressive collection of beverages. I spot the red and reach up to grab one, or two. They're going to ask me to go get another so I may as well save myself a trip.

I hear the door to the cupboard close from behind me and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Why has someone closed the door on me? Ugh. The door can be so stiff to open from the inside sometimes. Bet it was one of the drunk people from the lounge.

I turn with the wine in my hand, ready to give the door a good yank to open it, and almost scream when I see who is standing before me and blocking access to the door.

My blood runs cold as sheer shock paralyses my senses. The fear I feel in that moment drowns out the sound of the wine bottles smashing into the ground as they plummet from my grasp...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
3.8K 357 78
**Main character IS Ed Sheeran with a changed name!** "Nate..." I called to him after he stood up. I stood up and got close to him. "I DO want to kis...
15.7M 324K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...
1.1K 62 33
"You're right. I'm sorry........ Let me make it up to you. How does dinner sound?" He ask charmingly. Is this guy being serious right now? Is he actu...