Made To Survive ❂ Bellamy Bla...

By -CallieJay-

{{COMPLETED}} {{BOOK ONE}} "Survival isn't who you are, it's who you become." ❂ ❂ ❂... More

Playlist
1. Prologue
2. May We Meet Again
4. God Bless Radiation
5. Don't Pout Princess
6. What Are You In For
7. We're Even Now
8. Don't Pout King
9. I'm Not Afraid
10. Sassy Pants
11. Do The Honors
12. Christmas Miracle
13. Chancellor Of Earth
14. No Problem Lace
15. Going Rogue
16. Cold Hearted Bitch
17. You Need To Get Laid
18. That's Intense
19. Tell Mommy On Me
20. These Idiots
Thank You
21. A Pissed Bellamy
22. Extremely Evasive
23. I Need You Too
24. Hey Lovebirds
25. Hell Of A Kiss
26. First To Succeed
27. Sunshine And Rainbows
28. I'm Still Here
29. Hey Handsome
30. Big Bad Protector
31. Little Sky Person
32. Sexually Frustrated
33. Today Is My Birthday
34. Fire The Rockets
Ask Us Anything
Q & A
Character Breakdowns
Announcement & Contest
Contest

3. Shut Up Floorboards

11.2K 282 309
By -CallieJay-

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I was sitting next to two of my best friends. Clarke was still unconscious from a sedative they gave her but Wells saw me.

            "Rose?" He questions.

            "I've actually been going by Lacey now, but yeah it's me."

            I reach my hand across Clarke to take his hand. Tears fill his eyes and mine as well. For almost two years he's believed I was dead, I can't imagine how painful that must have been for him.

            "I thought..." He trails not able to say it.

            "I'm sorry, it was the only way I could keep myself safe."

            He lets out a breathy laugh, "I'm just glad you didn't get floated."

            "You and me both" I smile.

            Clarke's eyes slowly open and I pull my hand away from Wells. She looks to me and throws her arms around me. Well, as best as she could.

            "I'm sorry." I say softly, "It was the only way."

            "I don't care," She tells me pulling away to see my face, "you're alive that's all that matters now." Clarke turns her head to the side and notices Wells, "Wells, why the hell are you here?" She snapped.

            "When I found out they were sending prisoners to the ground, I got myself arrested. I came for you." He replied.

            The whole drop ship shook, everyone's startled voices filled the room as we entered the atmosphere.

            "What was that?" Clarke asked.

            "The atmosphere." I replied.

            Screens around the drop ship turned on and Jaha's face appeared on each one.

            "Prisoners of The Ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."

            What a nice man, I'm sure everyone in here loved this message.

            "Your dad is a dick, Wells."

            "Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean."

            Yeah, that applies to everyone but me, since I'm supposed to be dead. What the hell will happen if they find out I'm alive?

            "The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."

            I see Finn floating around the cabin, he didn't notice me. But when he did he was going to flip.

            "Spacewalk bandit strikes again." I said as Finn floats passed me.

            He sees me and his eyes instantly gloss over, but he decided to keep the friendly banter going.

            "You're just jealous because you aren't this clever." He smirks.

            I roll my eyes, "Actually you're an idiot."

            "An idiot you are jealous of." He came up closer to me and kissed my forehead, "Love you Rose."

            "Lacey." I mutter, "I want to go by Lacey again."

            He smiles, "I really missed you."

            "I missed you too."

            He pulls away from me all too quickly and looks to Wells, smiling to himself all the while.

            "Check it out. Your dad floated me, after all." He laughed.

            I roll my eyes at him. Which I know he noticed.

            "You should strap in before the parachutes deploy." Wells told him irritably.

            He shrugged and kept floating around the ship. Two boys saw what he was doing and got out it their seats.

            "Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live." Clarke yelled at them.

            "Mount Weather is life. You must locate those supplies immediately."

            Finn looks to Clarke with an intrigued glance, "Hey, you're the traitor who's been in solitary for a year."

            "You're the idiot who wasted a month of oxygen on an illegal spacewalk." She retorted.

            "But it was fun." He argues with a smirk, "I'm Finn."

            "Your one responsibility is stay alive."

            "Stay in your seats." She yelled as the boys started floating out of their seats.

            The whole ship was shaking intensely, when the parachutes deployed I was thrown forward in my seat knocking the wind out of me. Finn had been thrown into the wall behind me, so had the boys who followed him.

            "Finn?!" I yell over the screams of the people and rumbles of the ship.

            He didn't respond. I just got him back, he wasn't allowed to die. Clarke grabbed my hand tightly, I could see the fear filling her eyes.

            "Retrorockets ought to have fired by now." Wells told us.

            "Okay. Everything on this ship is 100 years old, right? Just give it a second."

            Clarke and Wells started yelling at each other about her father. I closed my eyes and tuned them out.

            "I'm not afraid." I whisper to myself squeezing my eyes as tight as I could.

            When the drop ship stopped moving and the machine hum disappeared, I unbuckled myself and ran to Finn. The two boys who had followed him lay dead on the floor. Finn sat on the ground with his heard turned away.

            "Finn?"

            He looks over to me with a grim stare. He felt responsible. Clarke grabbed my hand and pulled me away before I could say anything else to him.

            "The outer door is on the lower level." Someone yelled.

            "Let's go!" Another yelled.

            "No! We can't just open the doors!" Clarke yelled going down the ladder.

            I followed her lead down the ladder, once I was at the bottom, I felt claustrophobic. Everyone was crammed together, Clarke pulled me with her to the front where it was slightly better. Only slightly.

            "Stop." Clarke commanded, "The air could be toxic."

            Wells stood beside me watching carefully. There I saw the boy in the guards uniform I had seen with Shumway. Shumway snuck him on the drop ship just like Abby had snuck me on.

            Earlier I didn't pay much attention to what he looked like. He had a tan olive skin tone, with little almost unnoticeable freckles around his face. His hair was dark and slicked back. He would be even more attractive it wasn't. His eyes were dark, and dangerous but held an allure that drew me into a deep feeling of want I had never felt to this degree.

            "If the air is toxic, we're all dead, anyway." He snapped back, pulling from the daze he had put me under.

            "Bellamy?" A girls voice echoed though the pod.

            A girl around Clarke's age came forward. She had the same skin tone as Bellamy, her hair dark like his, but her eyes held a different kind of enchantment. They were green, a soft gentle green but held an underlying fierceness I don't think she knew was there. Once the green eyed girl reached him she stood in front of him, and just stared.

            "My God, look how big you are." He smiles.

            She throws her arms around him tightly and he smiles brightly. When she pulls away though she looks angry.

            "What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?"

            "I borrowed it to get on the drop ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you."

            "Where's your wristband?" Clarke asked.

            "Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year." Green eyes snapped.

            "No one has a brother." I muttered.

            "That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor." Someone yelled.

            The fierceness in her eyes, filled them. She became dangerous looking and lunged toward the person who had yelled that. Bellamy caught her and held her back.

            "Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by."

            "Yeah? Like what?" She asks angrily.

            "Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years."

            She smiled at the thought, and she honestly deserved it. Bellamy opened the door, I shut my eyes as the light nearly blinded me. But when I opened them I gasped at the sight.

            Green and blue. The colors were so bright and beautiful. Trees were everywhere and there was an actual sky instead of a black void abyss. I breathed in the my first breath of real earth air. It was fresh, warm and smelled like trees. The sunlight was warm, it was warm, not cold like the ark. Earth was more than I ever could've imagined.

            Octavia made her way down the ramp, jumping onto the ground. We all waited for her okay before we rushed out. Octavia raised her fists in the air and screamed the best words she could have screamed.

            "We're back, bitches!"

            Can you imagine that in the history books? Everyone pushed past me and ran through the forest. I on the other hand followed Clarke to where we could see hills and mountains. It was beautiful. Clarke opened up the map and we both realized something, before we could discuss it an arm was draped over my shoulder.

            "Why so serious, princess? It's not like we died in a fiery explosion." Finn said to me but Clarke assumed he was talking to her.

            "Try telling that to the two guys who tried to follow you out of their seats."

            He looked off, I know he blamed himself for that. I leaned into him and kept a good grip on him. He was able to brush it off quickly and returned to his witty self.

            "You don't like being called princess, do you, princess?"

            "Do you see that peak over there?" Clarke asks ignoring him.

            "Yeah."

            "That's Mount Weather." I tell him.

            "There's a radiation-soaked forest between us and our next meal. They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain."

            Finn's eyes widen, and he looks back at the peak quickly in realization.

            "Lacey, I'm going to go back to the drop ship to map it out, see if you can figure out what's going on with the communications."

            I nod obediently and walk off, Finn following closely behind. Finn wandered off at some point and Wells and I checked the communications and Wells checked the roof. I trotted back to Clarke with Wells following behind.

            "We've got lots of problems." I tell her, "Communications is dead, our only link to the Ark is our wrist bands."

            "I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing, the heat fried the wires." Wells reports.

            Clarke nods taking I all the information before looking back it the map.

            "Okay, we can figure all of that after we get to Mount Weather. See? Look." Clarke said pointing to the map, "This is us. This is where we need to get to if we want to survive."

            She mapped it out, showing us. Wells stared down at her curiously.

            "Where'd you learn to do that?" He asked her.

            She got real quiet and we all know what that means.

            "Your father." He softly spoke.

            A boy with dark shaggy hair came up from behind us, he had a pair of goggles resting on his head.

            "Ah, cool, a map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer." The guy says to me.

            I laughed but Wells was a little too serious pushing him away from Clarke and I.

            "You mind?" Wells said pushing him away.

            Goggle boy held up his hands and backed away, accepting that he wasn't welcomed.

            "Hey, hands off of him. He's with us." Another guy snapped.

            There was a big group of guys coming over with him. This can't be good.

            "Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." I say rolling my eyes, extremely irritated by everyone at this point.

            "We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?"

            "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority."

            "Screw your father." Octavia snapped.

            I looked over and she was about twenty feet away from us, with her brother.

            "What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little princesses?" She smirks at her remark thinking she's clever, boy am I going to prove her wrong.

            "Shut up, floorboards, you're embarrassing yourself." I snap.

            She instantly stiffens, that dangerous look returning to her eyes, but I'm not scared of her.

            "Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke says with and authorities voice, "We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

            More people gathered around as she spoke, her volume growing with each letter. Her leadership role was short lived when Bellamy decided to be an unbelievable pain in the ass.

            "I got a better idea." Bellamy said, "You three go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

            Privileged? He did not just say that. Do they seriously think I haven't worked hard? An anger I haven't felt in a long time rose out of me. An animalistic anger, that causes a murderous look in my eye. Everyone around us cheered which only fueled my growing fire.

            "Privileged?!" I yell angrily at him. His amused grin is replaced with a confused stare. I lunge forward ready to pound his pretty face in, "You think I was-"

            Clarke and Wells catch me, pulling me back whispering things like 'not now' and 'calm down'. I replied with a growl and a profanity to match.

            "You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells tell them.

            "Look at this, everybody the Chancellor of Earth." The one kid with the group of guys shouted.

            "Think that's funny?"

            The kid tripped Well and he crashed down into the ground. I went to run to Wells' aid but another guy held me do I couldn't get to Wells.bMy angry flame grew into a wildfire, my vision blurring because of the intense rage I was feeling.

            "No, but that was." The kid smiled as Wells stood up, "Alright."

            "What you gonna do now, Wells?" Someone else yelled.

            I finally felt some release when I elbowed the guy in stomach and punched him hard in the face. He finally crumbled when I kicked him in the crotch. I found the most joy in the latter. I rushed to where Wells was ready to attack this asshat of a guy, when Finn jumped down from the part of the drop ship he was sitting on.

            "Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?" He said.

            The guy backed off, not at first, but after I threw a rock at his face he seemed to get the idea.

            "Hey, spacewalker," Octavia yelled walking over, "rescue me next."

            I rolled my eyes at her, which she noticed and sneered at.

            "Got a problem princess?"

            I scoff at the nickname, not offended at all, "One, get your own nickname, and two, get some self respect and stop throwing yourself at every guy you see, floorboards."

            I go to Wells helping him up and taking him away before she can reply. I examined his ankle for a few minutes. Eventually, coming to the conclusion it was a bad sprain and a 20 mile hike in the woods was not on his future.

            "So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Finn asks.

            "Right now."

            "We'll be back tomorrow with food." I told Wells, as I started standing up.

            "How are the three of you gonna carry enough food for 100?" Wells asked.

            Finn turned around grabbing goggle boy and his friend. He pulled them over to us, with a tired expression, both of the boys looked confused.

            "Five, can we go now?"

            Octavia walked over with a smirk, "Sounds like a party. Make it six."

            Bellamy grabbed her arm, looking like he was fuming.

            "Hey, what the hell are you doing?"

            "Going for a walk." She says rolling her eyes.

            I rolled my eyes at her, seriously sick of this bitch. My eyes landed on Finn's wristband that had scuff marks all over it. I grabbed his wrist, and it wasn't gentle when I did.

            "Hey, were you trying to take this off?" I asked angrily.

            "Yeah. So?"

            "So," I reply with a large amount of irritability in my voice, "this little wristband transmits your vital signs to the Ark, take it off they'll think you're dead."

            "Should I care?" He replies with the same tone.

            "Well, I don't know. Do you want the people to love to think you're dead? Do you want them to feel the way you did?" I left it at that knowing that he knew I was talking about when he thought I died.

            "Do you want them to come down and follow you down her in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying." Clarke adds.

            "Okay. Now let's go." I instructed walking away and leading the group.

            A girl jumped next to me, "I'm coming too."

            "The more the merrier." I mutter.

            I look over to her, she had dark brown hair, to the point it almost looked black. But when the light caught her hair just right, you could see the brown. Her eyes were fierce and held a determination, they held a light green color, much like Octavia's. She was small in stature, just a few inches shorter than me, but it was obvious that despite her size she was a capable fireball.

            As we started walking away from the ship, I saw the kid who had hurt Wells making knifes with shrapnel from the drop ship. When he wasn't looking I stole one. I hid it in the side of my pants, moving it around to make sure it wouldn't stab me. I noticed the dark haired girl had done the same thing.

            "Before you get any ideas, Finn is mine." Octavia spat.

            I turned my head slightly to see her talking to Clarke behind me.

            "Before you get any ideas, I don't care." Clarke snapped back, moving to the front of the group.

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

Yay! I updated! And the chapter is actually a descent length!

So we are finally to the first episode of the one hundred and I know I say this a lot but I'm really excited! This story means a lot to me so please vote and comment and just give me feedback.

There are many original characters in this story (and you just got introduced briefly to one) so that's another thing I'm looking forward to you guys seeing.

I haven't really edited this as thoroughly as I should've, sorry, but if there's mistakes I'll try to come back and fix them and I might end up editing it anyway to as more description and stuff.

So anyways I'm really excited as I have already mentioned. I hope you guys are too. Love you!

Question time: What do you think so far?

Random question time: What's your favorite tv show?

•callie•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 6.3K 60
"I'm not very good at controlling what my face does or what my mouth says." For four generations, people in space called the Ark "home", and for fou...
303K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
94.7K 1.6K 41
BOOK 1 OF ?? "Get down. Get down!" Finn said to all of us while we all hide behind a huge rock. We kept hearing noises around the forest like people...