TEKULA: SUBJECT ZERO

By TheAllieL

He is an experiment. The first of his kind, A clone, Successor of the great TEKULA PROJECT. She is just a gir... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
UPDATE
UPDATE II

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

12.7K 642 246
By TheAllieL

Recap: Quinn broke into the facility and was captured after fleeing into the presence of the Subject. Her speculations regarding the project were correct and she is awaiting answers...

QUINN IS AWOKEN by the harsh sound of the metal lock. It screeches into place as the metal door swings open on a whine, Quinn rising to a sitting position as it does. She had been expecting her father, but that wasn't who she saw.

Two guards enter, dragging her out of the cell despite her many protests that she could do so on her own. Outside, waits a woman she recognizes from both yesterday and her visit a few months ago. Quinn scowls at her.

"Hello, I believe we have met before," she begins. "My name is Katie Davis."

Quinn doesn't say anything. This woman does not deserve her words.

"Right, well, your father is waiting, so we best get going."

"Ah, he is waiting for me? If he was, then why didn't he come and get me himself instead of sending one of his minions," Quinn accuses sharply, her gaze like fire as she is forcefully led into a new hallway. It looks just the same as the others, but Quinn has yet to see it.

Katie swallows uncomfortably. "I can understand your frustration, Harmony--"

"Its Quinn!"

"But your father is a very busy man," she explains.

"Oh yeah? Too busy to see his own daughter who he locked up himself?!" Quinn asks, seething through a clenched jaw. Katie stays silent, leading her deeper into the facility.

Quinn follows silently, her anger wishing to explode, yet held back by the deep feeling of hurt in her chest. She knew her father didn't love her like most fathers love their children, but she had never imagined this kind of betrayal from him. He imprisoned her for his own gain. Quinn knew he put his job before everything, but she didn't realize everything included her.

She also can't help thinking about the boy in white. He was utterly terrified--that much she knew for sure. Why, though? The fear that seemed permanently embedded in his eyes had to be caused by something, but what? Who hurt him?

They finally come to a stop in front of a plain grey door with a single skinny window. She notices a very high-tech touchscreen keypad beside it. Well, someone doesn't want this room broken into. Katie raps twice on the door then pauses to wait for an answer.

"Come in," a familiar gruff voice responds. Quinn swallows thickly, suddenly anxious.

She keys in a quick code before swinging the door open, the guards releasing Quinn's shoulders to permit her entry. She enters cautiously, Katie following behind her.

"You are dismissed, Katie," he says, to which she quickly obeys. The door is closed with a resounding click.

The office is exactly what she expected it to be: plain grey walls, no mementoes or plants, standard furniture with minimal clutter. Henry Vanderwall sits at the desk, glasses perched on his hooked nose, fingers steepled beneath his chin. His piercing eyes survey the two women quickly before settling back on the spreadsheet before him.

Quinn takes a seat, suddenly unsure of how she is supposed to act. She is feeling so many strong emotions, she is having a hard time picking out which one to act on: anger, embarrassment, hurt...

Henry stares blankly at his daughter, carefully observing the various emotions that flit across her features. It seems he is not the only one suffering from an internal conflict. He has been anticipating this day for many years now. He had hoped to avoid it completely, though he wasn't ignorant to the possible complications that would elicit the ultimate revelation of his plans--complications like breaking and entering into a top secret facility.

She will understand, though. She must understand. Her cooperation is key to this experiment. If she understands that the experiment is more important than her feelings for the Subject, then everything will run according to plan. If she doesn't? No, it is better to hope she complies than to entertain any less than savory thoughts were she to decide otherwise.

"Harmony, there is much I am about to tell you. At first, it will be very hard for you to hear, and consequently difficult for you to comprehend. All I ask is that you remain silent while I explain everything."

Quinn only nods in response. She is simultaneously curious and afraid. Curious, because she wonders what this may have to do with the boy. Afraid, because she has only ever seen her father in this state once before, and it was a time she will never forget.

"Five years ago, I told you your mother left us. With the way I bury myself in my work, it wasn't hard for you to believe, though I know you feel like she abandoned you."

"She did," Quinn immediately responds. "She left me with you, a monster."

Henry sighs tiredly, removing his glasses. He runs a hand down the length of his face, expression wrinkled with long-endured pain.

"Enough, Quinn." He looks at her then, really looks at her. Deep, brown eyes filled with such hate and passionate rage stare back at him. They look like her mother's eyes, but hard and grim like his own. "Your mother never left us."

"What do you mean, she never left us?" Quinn immediately asks. What was he going on about?

"She died in a car accident on May 8, 2015."

His answer was blunt and heavy, knocking a hole in Quinn's conscience. Dead? No, no no. Quinn shakes her head, hands trembling as she uses them to lift herself from the chair.

"No, she... She didn't. She isn't dead. Mom is just--"

"Yes, she is," her father replies, standing up himself. "She never left you, Quinn. Not of her own volition."

Quinn raises up a hand to wipe furiously at the tears as they begin to track down her cheeks. Knowing her mother was gone, gone, was something she couldn't handle. She rounds on Henry, eyes rimmed with red but furious nonetheless.

"Why?!" She screams at him. "Why didn't you just tell me? After all this time... All these years I spent thinking she had abandoned me because you lied!" She hisses.

"You don't understand--"

"Well then explain it to me! Explain to me how you," she jabs a finger at him. "Thought it was a good idea to lie to me about my mothers death. Tell me why the last five years of my life have been a lie!" Her voice cracks at the end, emotion pouring out in her words.

"Because I knew I could fix it!" He finally says. Quinn stops, gulping as she tries to understand his meaning.

"Harmony, I--" he runs a hand frustadedly through his balding hair. "That boy you saw. He is what I've been working towards for nearly a decade."

"What are you talking ab--"

"Theseus was just to get information. He wasn't our longterm goal. We only needed him to create Subject Zero." His hands jerk erratically as he uses them for emphasis to speak. His eyes are wide, the obsessed scientist revealing his true colors. "That boy is a clone, the first of many to come. He will revolutionize history!"

Quinn stumbles back, almost afraid of his strange behavior. "You... You are continuing Stanislav's work." She shakes her head, barely believing it even though it was her own research that proved it. "You are building a super weapon in the form of a lycanthrope army?"

"Yes!" He advances towards her, hardly believing his ears. She understood... "Once we prove that his creation and that of his successors is successful, I will be able to use the technology for myself."

"And do what with it?" Quinn argues. "Cloning... You can't just play God like that!"

His face hardens, lips pursing at her brash accusation. "I can and I will. Don't you understand? Harmony, I can bring her back! I can bring her home to us."

His eyes are filled with more emotion than she has ever seen from him. Fresh tears fall from her eyes once more. She can see it. He is so hopeful--so blinded--by the love he held for her mother that be doesn't realize the error of his own actions. That kind of power shouldn't belong to anyone, let alone someone who wishes to bring back the dead.

"Dad that's--that's wrong. I'm so sorry, but mom is gone. You can't bring her back just because you think you have a right to do so."

Dr. Vanderwall turns on her, his glare filled with an icy rage. "I can and I will. The Subject may have an attachment to you, and if that's the case, then you will aid us in our experiments. You will be able to make him do things we can't."

Quinn shakes her head, stepping away involuntarily. "No, dad that's wrong and you know it. He isn't some kind of animal you can keep locked up--"

"That is exactly what he is!" Henry's lip curls, face reddening with anger. "He is my project, and you are my asset. So help me God, Quinn. If you don't help us willingly, you will be forced to whether you like it or not. You will help me."

Quinn backs into the door, utterly afraid. She isn't a human anymore, not in his eyes. "No, no I won't." She trembles as he stalks towards her, malice oozing into the space around him. "You can't make me!"

He snatches her arm into his grip, holding her fast. She kicks and struggles, beating her hands against his chest.

"Enough of this! Guards!" He hollars. The door suddenly opens, the same men from before grasping hold of her flailing limbs.

Quinn screams and pleads for them to let her go as she is dragged back down the hallway, her knees skidding on the tile floors. By the time she is back in her cell, her voice is hoarse, throat feeling like sandpaper. She beats her fists bloody against the glass window, screaming to be let out--that her father is a monster.

Somehow, she knows he is there. She knows her father can see the blood that stains her fingers red. She stares straight ahead, fists clenched at her sides. She will not give in. She will escape.

One way or another.

This one is kind of boring :(

So, I commissioned a few people to make me a new cover for The Tekula Project. I'm going to let you guys decide which one you like best.

By softsloth 

By BeautifulSouls_Dream

By AnnaCharles16

You guys comment on which one you like best :)

Also, don't forget to follow me on Twitter! @Allie_0704

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1K 69
A kidnapped young woman being transformed, escapes a genetics lab and must survive in the wilderness while evading her captors who want her back at a...
450K 13.8K 41
'Lycanthrope: early 17th century, from modern Latin lycanthropus, from Greek lukanthrōpos 'wolf man'. A man that is part human, part beast. A mytholo...
701K 14.5K 24
(Part I of the Lycan Series) Stowe, Vermont. Population- 4300. A small town harbors night beasts, at least that's what the humans call them. Dani h...
44 0 13
Fresh out of graduate school, William Young only wants to use his brilliant scientific mind to prove himself, and he gets his chance when he accepts...