The Queen's Curse

By euphyrys

The Queen's Curse by @euphyrys A Greek Mythology Story Previously known as Through Golden Blood ••• The Quee... More

New Cover!
zero | Characters
one | Alone
two | Meeting
three | Control
four | Longing
five | Hera's heart
six | Cause & Effect
seven | Small Gestures
eight | Trip down Memory lane
nine | Winter Solstice
Title/Cover update (Through Golden Blood)
eleven | First Mortal
twelve | Solace
thirteen | Vulnerable
fourteen | Thunder Temple
fifteen | Tormenting the Queen
sixteen | Moments shared, moments cherished
seventeen | New Year

ten | Ichor Tears

2K 78 15
By euphyrys

ichor tears

The gown she wore perfectly clung onto her curves and flowed along the marbled floor as she gracefully walked along the middle with the poise and composure of a queen.

After the announcement of her title, she was greeted with curtsies from most of the deities, engaging herself in unimportant conversations. Preferably, she ratified the thought of merely presenting herself and applauding the young huntress of her success but decided against it. The evening was for all of them to relish moments like these and that would include avoiding her husband who was too busy engaging himself in flirtatious conversations though it would also appear that she would feel his gaze on her when he thought she was oblivious.

Her brother, Lord Poseidon, and his wife joined her side along with her daughters Lady Enyo and Lady Hebe, who slipped away from the grasp of her husband for the time being.

"I would extremely appreciate it if we would spar against one another soon, Mother. There's only a small fraction of resistance on my part, especially when I have to tolerate my twisted brother and his endless gloating." Lady Enyo is the twin sister of Ares. The resemblance between the two differs yet their personalities are very much identical. Though, it was apparent that the war god has an extensively closer attachment to the Queen than her second child.

Nonetheless, her love for them was equal and fair.

"I'll find the appropriate time, and likely have my messenger inform you of what it would entail, darling." The Queen imparted with eloquence.

A bright grin appeared on the war goddess's face before she left their side.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, Lord Poseidon, Lady Amphitrite." Her tone was monotonous and yet her eyes retained a glint on her eyes.

"Our darling queen." Lady Amphitrite teased as she took a step closer to the Queen and wasted no time in pulling her into her arms. Though the Queen wasn't exactly into receiving acts of intimacy, she deemed that this affection from the queen of the seas was acceptable.

It has been a long time.

When she detached herself from the Queen she apologized, knowing her displeasure on the matter recently, especially publicly. "There's a lack of visitation on your part, your Majesty. We have missed you."

Hera's stone cold and deadpan expression slightly softened. "And I, as well. I'm afraid there are matters here that is in dire need of my attention 24/7."

After exchanging words, the ambiance changed momentarily together with the music in the air. The muses began singing and playing a melodious song that would indicate the slow dancing portion of the night. Some pairs swayed in the middle of the room and welcomed the sweet melody.

"May I have this dance, my Queen?" To say that the Queen of the gods shocked was a complete understatement. Her lips parted at the sound of a low voice that vibrated through her figure with tremendous pleasure and the presence of the King of the gods offering his hand in front of her with a hopeful and warm expression on his face.

Her cold hazel orbs met his ever-changing electrifying bluish-grey ones.

With a slow and hesitant fluid movement, her gloved hand rested on his and let him guide her to the center of the room, surrounded by the rest of the crowd. Gently, he placed a hand around her waist, the other interlaced with her hand whilst her remaining hand rested on top of his shoulder.

Their hips began swaying to the harmonious and pleasant tune. The steps they took had such fluidity and grace. It was evident that they've indulged themselves in the pleasure of dancing together in the past. A perfect match.

"Have I mentioned how exquisitely stunning you look, my Queen?" When he spoke of her appearance, it consisted of honesty on his part, and yet, receiving them filled doubts in her mind. After all, bedding the entire female population was not the least reassuring. And with consideration of his lies to prevent herself from knowing his location and the reasons for his absence.

"I believe this is the first time we've spoken all evening, your Excellency." She humored him for the time being and her eyes scanned his attire for the evening. His sense of fashion never failed to appease the eyes of both men and women."You dress well."

"Alas, your words always held the truth in them." A gentle smile was on his face.

"Why are we dancing?" With restraint, her eyes narrowed at him.

"Am I not allowed to dance with my wife?" His eyebrow rose in question.

"Dancing with such ease is not part of our list of normalcy." The words flowed from her lips in a monotonous tone. Her gaze now leveled with the curve of his neck.

"I'm well aware." There was a pause before he took a deep intake of breath."You're rather restraining yourself lately."

With her lips pursed, she held herself from providing a retort to his claim and settled for a calming approach."What are you trying to say?"

"Civil and reserved."

"Do elaborate, husband." His height was an advantage on her part, preventing him from seeing her jaw clenching.

"Less argumentative." He whispered to her ear.

She hummed.

Silence.

The Queen was unable to regain her composure as the intimacy between them increased. An overwhelming feeling rushed through her veins, filling the airways of her chest. A dark cloud of suffocation overshadowed her senses at the thought of him in close proximity.

What was he hoping to gain from this random gesture?

Completely unnecessary.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked in concern as he noted her silence and cold unwavering expression, yet hazy look plastered on her face.

"Nothing that I can't handle." She gave him one of her fake smiles and lifted her chin to meet his eyes once more. A desperate need behind the thick and thorny walls, in hopes of taking the first step of letting go.

But underneath her palm against his warmth, the surge of electrifying power soothed her anxiety in an instant. A wave of undying comfort from the man who caused her nothing but hurt and constant betrayal, leaving her pieces cracking and falling apart from its original form. Yet, here she was drawn to his touches and affection.

The attention was far from warding off to women that caught his captivating bluish-grey orbs that solely focused on her deep and warm hazel eyes. His arm around her curve tightened further around her back as he slowly leaned closer. Her hand was evidently clutching his warm light brown vest, causing wrinkles to form on the fabric. His left hand reached the nape of her neck, caressing the skin with obvious affection. The look on his face was of her delusional dreams and wishes.

But, that's what it would appear to be. A delusional reality.

His lips were only mere inches away from capturing hers. Their bodies already refrained from swaying through the flowing music. Their figures unknowingly standing in the middle of the entire room, the rest of the deities engaged in the melodious tune. Her surroundings appeared to have slowed itself and she paused to watch her husband lust over her at this exact moment.

It's not her job to keep him sated.

The thought caused the unwanted tightening of her chest.

With the little amount of strength she could muster, she rested a palm on his chest to halt his movements. Her head turned to the side, indicating her rejection of his affection.

"Tell me, my dearest husband. What is it that you truly desire?" There was a sad smile that lingered on her lips before she took steps backward and turned her back from him.

Her bold actions stunned him. Within seconds, she slipped away from his grasp, bringing the light that calmed the darkness in him. A wave of longing rushed through him.

"You." He mumbled to himself, but she was already far from hearing range.

•••

Hades' attire

"The only time I was able to see glimpses of your ichor would be in the midst of our fights against the enemies. Now, I may not be Poseidon but I have lived for years to gaze upon your saddened features. You are my sister, after all." Hades stepped into the courtyard as his gaze rested on the goddess that was silently facing the fountain. From his angle, he was able to view golden ichor falling down her reddened cheeks and shoulders jerking upwards.

"I wish to have some privacy to myself, Lord Hades." It was a whisper and yet the wind carried her voice with such ease that the Lord of the Underworld was able to catch her voice broke.

"No, you don't."

Silence. With her teeth digging onto her lower lip, drawing more ichor from herself, her head turned upwards as she let the cool wind hit her face, causing additional tears to run down her cheeks.

Her arms wrapped around herself as she spoke in a pathetic manner, "I am constantly fighting for a battle I cannot win against, brother." Her head turned to face him as she imparted, "It's infuriating."

Her skin appeared to be glowing. Specs of gold emitting from the surface. The Lord of the Underworld's obsidian orbs widened as he felt the powerful surge of energy and the alteration of the pressure in the atmosphere around them with familiarity. After all, this was a normal image of Hera back in the old days. Dangerously beautiful.

Her eyes were bloodshot and golden ichor tainted her cheeks. What surprised him the most was her eyes. The hint of hazel was now lost in the sea of different shades of gold.

Refraining herself from indulging in conversation, she sat down by the fountain and settled on calming herself, her glowing skin fading and her eyes returning to its natural color.

Minutes passed by and Hades ensured himself that if she didn't want his presence, the Queen would have commanded him. He lowered himself next to her, hoping that he had provided the necessary comfort earlier on.

"The Void." His eyes trailed on her features before he continued. "Why were you so adamant in dismissing the topic?"

"I found the matter is pointless." Abruptly, she told him. Refusing to give in, especially when she's on edge.

"You're not telling the truth." He accused her. It was always her way of averting the topic.

"I am." Her head turned to his direction and her eyes narrowed at his sudden accusation.

"There's a reason why the Void connected with my realm." He continued on, even if he was aware of her lingering anger.

"There isn't." She continuously denied.

"I have a feeling you had something to do with it."

Gracefully and furiously, the Queen stood and glared at him with dagger-filled eyes. "I'm warning you, Hades."

This, however, did not faze the Lord of the Dead. A way of avoiding the topic would appear to be threatening on her eyes, directed to the person who caused it. "The connection of the Void and my realm was through you. The Void reached out to you." It was the truth and even if he didn't want to believe it, the surprised look on his face didn't falter when he focused on her.

Silence.

"Sister, this concerns the entire-" He was cut off short.

"You have nothing to worry about. I would appreciate it if you refrain from disclosing this conversation from anyone, Lord Hades." In a flash of light, the Queen of Olympus disappeared from his line of vision.

•••

At this time around, my readers are fully aware of my updating style. I don't constantly update. Weeks, months before I actually do. Sometimes I lose interest and I'm unable to finish whatever plans I have for the book even if I really really want to! I stop for a long time and it's not the same as before where there were sparks and excitement. Nowadays, I feel like I'm forced to write things for the sake of other people's happiness only to find them displeased.

Anyway, back to the actual topic.

I'm not gonna make excuses anymore. Such as school, a busy schedule, or whatever. I'll try to write when I can and hopefully, it'll sound the same.

I love my stories but from time to time, I'm not proud of them. I feel like they aren't enough. Or the storyline sucks. But I'm grateful for those who actually like them even if they are rushed or they sound bad.

Thank you for staying with me. I don't personally know my readers but I'm really thankful for their undying support.

~AC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 20 40
Soon to be published!!! Will have more when information is known! Makaria Mavros is finally adjusting to life in a small town in southwestern Michig...
58K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

154K 4.1K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...
43.6K 1.7K 54
What if mythology isn't a myth? Callie Prescott has the rest of her life planned out: get into med school, become a heart surgeon, and heal the world...