Uncover | Harry Styles

By young_freespirit

More

Uncover || h.s
Chapter 1 "London"
Chapter 2 "Internship"
Chapter 3 "Chance"
Chapter 4 "Interview"
Chapter 5 "Time to party"
Chapter 6 "Where am I?"
Chapter 7 "Conversation"
Chapter 8 "Talk"
Chapter 9 "Can it be even worse?"
Chapter 10 "Feeling"
Chapter 11 "Everything's a blurry"
Chapter 12 "Tipsy"
Chapter 13 "Answers"
Chapter 14 "Friendship"
Chapter 15 "Awards"
Chapter 16 "Tell me"
Chapter 17 "Time will tell"
Chapter 18 "I'm not for you"
Chapter 19 "Welcome"
Chapter 20 "I don't know what's going on"
Chapter 21 "The question"
Chapter 22 "Everything's under control"
Chapter 23 "Fashion Show"
Chapter 24 "Bitter"
Chapter 25 "Tender"
Chapter 26 "Surprise"
Chapter 27 "Act like friends"
Chapter 28 "Chest"
Chapter 29 "I need time"
Chapter 30 "Afraid"
Chapter 31 "Day together"
Chapter 32 "What we need"
Chapter 33 "Old times"
Chapter 34 "Ride"
Chapter 35 "Silence"
Chapter 37 "Christmas shopping"
Chapter 38 "Christmas Eve"
Chapter 39 "Welcome home"
Chapter 40 "New Year, New Opportunities"
Chapter 41 "I've never lived this before"
Chapter 42 "Set"
Chapter 43 "Stay"

Chapter 36 "Snow day"

54 1 0
By young_freespirit

SONGS I'VE LISTENED TO WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER:

The blower's daughter - Matt McAndrew

I've told you now - Sam Smith

Lay me down - Sam Smith

I need you - M83

Welcome home - Radical face

I opened my heavy eyes lazily as the rays of sun came through the window. I was like if I didn't know where I was at first and my head was bumping so much. I had the most terrible headache ever and I didn't know why. I just couldn't even focus on the image in front of me due to the amount of light and the blurry in my eyes, but when I moved my hand I felt something heavy next to me, that's when my eyes opened widely revealing a sleepy Harry snoring softly and peacefully next to me. 

I immediately put my hands away from him because apparently my arm was wrapped around his waist, pulling him towards me and stood up as quickly as I could being careful to not wake him up and  immediately felt nervous because I was wearing one of Harry's shirt when I looked at myself in the mirror. I tried to remember what happened but I honestly had no clue and the more I tried the more the pain in my head increased, and still no clue about what happened. Did we have sex last night? Did we kiss? What the heck really happened? 

I looked for my shoes and clothes around the room to come back to where Hannah was sleeping as soon as he could wake up but I miserably smashed one of my high heels into the floor making a lot of noise. I stood petrified and my eyes laid on him. He moved and I was begging for him to not wake up but once again failed miserably. He opened his eyes and met mines. We didn't know what to say and my hands started sweating. 

"I'm sorry" I said almost in a whisper but he shook his head. I couldn't stand being in front of him, I felt nervous, frustrated for not knowing what happened and I really wanted to run away from there. "I don't know what happened here, but whatever happened never meant to happen" I said as quickly as I could and grabbed the heel that was on the floor and walked towards the door. I could hear him say my name but I didn't stop. I didn't want to listen to whatever he wanted to say. Whatever happened, I didn't want to know. 

I closed the door behind me as soon as I walked in the room but I realized that Hannah wasn't sleeping there and the bed was untouched. Maybe she fell asleep in another part of the house since I can't remember a single thing from last night so I grabbed my clothes and went to the shower. The warm water was washing away Harry's touch and whatever happened last night and made me feel a lot better although this headache was killing me. Afterwards I went downstairs to grab something to eat to have a pill afterwards. 

I saw Zayn sleeping on the couch and made my way to the kitchen but there was no food in there. So I grabbed a coat that was there and went to the cabin where we kept all the food and drinks. Everything was covered in white since it was snowing the whole night and that made me really happy. Everything was just so beautiful and clean that changed my mood a little bit. When I opened the cabin's door I went in shock. The image that was in front of me was unbelievable. Niall and Hannah sleeping on the floor and cuddling together. Seriously, what happened last night? It was like if I missed a lot of things here. They woke up when the noise of the wood door sounded. They pulled away from each other and looked at me.

"I'm sorry" I said again. All I do this morning is apologizing, what the...? 

"Oh God, thank you so much!" said Hannah looking at me and smiling widely. "I thought I was going to die here. Where were you? Why nobody came to rescue us?" 

"Wait, where you locked in here all night?" I asked and my eyes widened even more. 

"Yeah, worst night ever" she said and sneezed loudly. "I think I have a cold. I'm not feeling really well..." she said going towards the door. "I'm tired and my whole body aches, I need to get out of here before I kill someone" she disappeared through the opened door and Niall and I stared at each other. I didn't know if I should ask what happened here or if I even wanted to know but I was curious. 

"Everything ok?" I said as I walked towards the food passing by Niall. He cleared his throat and looked at the ground. 

"I... I don't know. She's so difficult"

"Hannah?" 

"Yeah... yesterday was just so perfect and now... it's like if nothing happened. She completely ignored me" I turned around with food in my hands and handed some for Niall while I sat next to him. 

"Chocolate makes everything better, trust me" I said and he smiled at me. 

"Seriously, I don't know what to do" 

"Niall... Hannah... Hannah's just afraid" he looked at me with his blue orbs like if he was surprised of what I just said.

"Afraid of what?"

"Of falling in love. She doesn't want to get hurt"

"I know, but I won't hurt her" he said desperately.

"I trust you Niall, but she doesn't trust people that easily. You need to be patient if you really like her. Come on, let's go back to the house, it's bloody freezing here, I don't know how you slept here"

"There was no other choice..." 

Niall and I came back to the house and set the fire while I was getting breakfast ready for everyone. Zayn woke up and helped us as well before going to have a shower. Niall disappeared as well and the couples were still sleeping so it was just me now in the living room with my cup of coffee. In that moment I heard some steps going down the stairs and I looked at them. Harry was there with his hair all wet and comfy clothes while he looked at me. 

"Morning" he mumbled while he walked to the kitchen.

"Morning" I said back returning to my coffee cup. His presence itself made me feel really nervous. I still had no clue about what happened but I knew that it shouldn't have happened. I had a long sip from my coffee to get out of that room as soon as possible but when I was about to leave he said my name. I turned around and face him with sweaty hands.

"We should talk" he said and I shook my head. 

"Look... whatever happened last night, it shouldn't have happened, everything's in the past now. Dead and buried"

"That's the thing" he said back but I really didn't want to hurt myself anymore. "No-"

"Harry, it's ok, really. It's not a big deal" I said walking out of the room as quickly as I could and going upstairs. I saw Liam and Sophia getting ready for something I didn't know and then Louis walked out from his room doing exactly the same. 

"Hey, what are you doing here? Grab your coat! We're going out!" said Louis walking towards me.

"Where about?" I asked a little bit confused. I had no idea we had something to do today.

"We're going to explore in the snow. I don't know, but just grab your coat. Tell Hannah to get ready as well" he said really quickly and pushed me slightly to Hannah's and I bedroom. "I'll see ya downstairs in 5 minutes"

"Ok, ok..." I walked in the bedroom to grab my coat when I saw Hannah on the bed with the covers all up in her face and shivering. 

"Hey, are you ok?" I sat beside her and she really didn't look great. 

"Not really..." her eyes were closed and sweat was all over her face. 

"You're ill Han, everyone's going to explore outside but I'm not leaving you here alone. I'll tell them" 

"It's ok Leah, I'm ok"

"You're not" I stood up from the bed and went downstairs to tell them that I wasn't coming. 

"Hey, where's your coat?" Liam asked me. 

"I'm not going, Hannah's not feeling well and I'm staying here with her if you don't mind" 

"But Leah! You promised me we were going to have a snowball fight!" said Louis who was making a puppy face. I did promise him that we were going to have a snowball fight last night but there was no way in hell I was going to leave Hannah here alone. 

"I know I promised you but she's not feeling well..."

"Don't worry Leah, I'm staying" said Niall all of a sudden. I raised my eyebrows and then looked at him.

"Are you sure?" to be honest I didn't like the idea of being with the boys all day, well, to be honest I didn't like the idea of seeing Harry all day so that was one of the main reasons why I wanted to stay in. 

"It's my fault after all so... yeah, I'm taking care of her"

"I don't know Niall... seriously, go and have fun" I insisted and felt nervous when I felt Harry's eyes on me. 

"Leah, he's taking care of her, you're coming with us, end of the story" said Louis grabbing me by my arm .

"Ok, ok but just let me grab my coat" Although I wasn't very happy I knew I had no choice. I didn't know what Hannah would say about me leaving her with Niall alone in this house but hey, none of my business, the thing now was to avoid Harry all day long. 

"Please, if something happens just give me a call and I'll come here" I said to Niall before the boys practically dragged me out of the house. 

The warmth of the house soon vanished from my body when we stepped out of it. Everything was in a white and beautiful atmosphere and luckily the sun was shining outside. It was the perfect day to explore outside to be honest so now that I couldn't stay in I was going to make the most of it. 

We walked around the house but there was nothing but trees here and there and a small path where we were walking. Everyone was talking about last night, how great it was and how they enjoyed the night, specially Louis since we were celebrating his birthday, but I wasn't saying anything. 

I was still frustrating for not knowing what happened last night. I couldn't remember anything, not even a single thing after drinking the last drink Louis gave me. 

"Hey, is everything ok?" said Zayn next to me. He was the only one who wasn't joining the conversation like me. 

"Yeah, I guess..." I gave him a small smile and then looked at him. "Are you ok?" 

"Yeah... just miss her, ya know?" 

"Perrie, right?"

"Yeah, everyone here's with their girlfriends or something like that and well I wish she could be here with me"

"I know, but hey, I'm here alone too!" I said trying to cheer him up but he looked at me with that face. 

"We're not... you know..." I said frowning my eyebrows at him. 

"But you love each other, I don't understand why you two aren't together" I pressed my lips together and shook my head. 

"It's complicated, I guess... we live in two different worlds... we want different things..."

"Well, what about finding the balance?" 

"It's difficult Zayn" we were walking in the snow now and I could see my boots covering in a white color. "I always get what I want and he always gets what he wants. Our goals aren't the same so..."

"But don't you think that the main goal here is being together? Loving each other?" 

"It should be that way, but his main goal is protecting me and my goal is having a normal relationship so... it doesn't work I guess" 

"Argg... you guys are so difficult sometimes..." I giggled and nodded with my head. 

"I guess we are"

We continued until we found a picnic zone where we could rest a little bit after the long walk. It wasn't that cold now and the view was amazingly gorgeous. 

"Wow, I could stare at this for hours" I said. Liam and Sophia were taking a selfie, Eleanor was next to me resting and Louis, Harry and Zayn were talking together a little bit far from where we were. 

"Do you want me to take the picture Liam?" I said when I saw they were struggling with the picture. 

"Yeah, let her Liam" said Sophia and I giggled. I took the phone with my hands and waited for the to pose. After the moment I pressed the button I felt a cold splashed right on my face and snow falling down my face.

"LOUIS F***ING TOMLINSON!" I screamed. I turned around and he was there laughing at me. "Ok, it's on" I grabbed some snow from the ground and started following him around with the ball on my hand. I threw it when I saw I could finally hit him but with so bad luck that it ended hitting on Harry instead since he was next to Louis. OH. CRAP.

"I'm so sorry" I said and then I couldn't contain my laughter. 

"Ok, ok, it's on now" 

"Harry, let's go for her, you better start running Leah!" shouted Louis but I already started running. Everyone got involved in the snowballs fight and now snow was flying from side to side. I didn't know where I was going but I felt steps behind me. I didn't want to turn around because otherwise whoever who was following me would catch me but I could tell this person was faster than me. I reached the river and I couldn't go further so I turned around and Harry was there with a mischievous smile plastered on his face. 

"Don't" I said trying to find a way out of him.

"Oh yes, you did it. Now I have to" he was walking slowly towards me with snow on his hands and I didn't know what to do. I was trapped. I waited time enough so that I could run next to him and he could find it difficult to turn around and catch me but when I finally did it doesn't work out as I would like to because the ground was all wet from the snow making me fall to the ground.

"Oh God, are you ok?" Harry run towards me and let all the snow fall from his hands. When he saw I was ok he gave me his hand so I could stand up but instead I gave him my hand and made him fall down with me. I started laughing like crazy in front of him and I didn't know why but I forgot whatever happened last night and my relationship with him in that moment. I was having actual fun with him today. 

"You're such a... you made me fall" I could stop laughing and that's when he held my hands to not go any further. 

"Are you sure you're really that strong? A girl just made you fall mate" he giggled and shook his head from side to side. 

"You're such a dork" he said to me but I just couldn't stop laughing. 

"Stop laughing at me!" he demanded playfully.

"I just can't"

"Oh you can't? How about now?" he said getting closer to me. I looked at him and now I could feel really nervous. I still was laughing because the picture of him falling next to me was still on my head and it was hilarious. "Ok, if this is not working... how about this?" he got closer and closer to me till the point I could feel his breath against my skin. His mint breath and intense look were making me feel more and more nervous and in that moment I stopped. I swallowed hard and then he smirked at me. When I thought he was going to kiss me he suddenly stood up and helped me as well. He started walking before I could even realize what just happened and the sound of his voice interrupted my thoughts.

"I love the effect I have on you" 

"Fuck you..." I said.

"You wish babe" he winked at me but didn't stop walking towards the group. I was walking behind him as well but with a smile plastered on my face. I wish... of course I wish... 

HANNA'S P.O.V

I was trapped in four walls that were getting closer and closer to me every second. I couldn't do anything to stop them. I wanted to scream but my voice wouldn't come out. I was literally paralyzed and scared, really scared. As the walls were getting closer to me the space was getting smaller as well. My heart was aching so much that wouldn't let me breath. What's going on? Where am I? I felt nervous and sweat was all over my body. I didn't have strength to push them away from me and now the little space that separated the walls and my body was almost non existent. I was feeling dizzier and dizzier till the point I couldn't breath. That's when I found the power to scream out loud. 

"AHHHHH" I looked around the unknown room of the house and realized that everything was a nightmare. I was in bed with my sweaty body and face looking horrified to see any known face but I was alone. "LEAAAH! LEAAAH WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted. I was feeling really weak and for some reason I had tears on my eyes. It felt so real that I still was really scared. "LEAAH!" I shouted again but there was no answer so I wrapped my arms around my body when suddenly the door opened. 

"Hannah! Are you ok?" I looked to the door after the strong noise from the door hitting the wall and saw Niall running towards me. "What happened? Why are you crying? Oh my God, you're sweating so much" he put his arms around my body and I buried my face in his chest. "Let me put this here" he laid me down on bed and put something really cold on my forehead. "Ok, now stay here. I'll be right back". I stayed there because there was no way in hell I was moving. My whole body was aching and I was feeling like crap. I could breath now and I was more relaxed by the time he came back. He wiped away the sweat from my body with some napkins and looked at me with his blue eyes very worried. "What happened?" he asked me almost in a whisper.

"I had the most terrible nightmare ever. It just... It felt so real..." he held my hand and felt his coldness on my skin which felt so good.

"It's ok... you're safe now. You're really warm and have a fever. That's why you were having nightmares. I just went downstairs to cook some soup for you. I thought you were going to be hungry and then I heard you scream... you really scared me I run as fast as I could" that made me smile a little bit and looked at him. I wasn't very hungry but I really love his effort and preoccupation. 

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"They're around here, God knows where. I decided to stay here since I'm the reason why you're in bed now. It's the least thing I can do, right?"

"You've been taking care of me?" I asked a little bit surprised.

"Well, yeah... you've been sleeping for hours so I just stayed here watching you in case you needed anything but then I went downstairs because I thought you were hungry and..."

"Niall" I said interrupting him. "Thank you, really" I gave him a bigger smile and he smiled me back. It was strange to be this good with him since we're always fighting with each other but it felt really good.

"Are you hungry? I made you soup with the things I found here" that didn't sound really safe but he was really excited about it so I just couldn't say no. 

"I'm not very much but I'll have it" I said.

"Great, will you be fine here alone for a couple of minutes?"

"Yeah, don't worry"

"Are you sure? If you need me just shout my name"

"Yeah, Niall, it's ok, just a few minutes"

"Cool" I giggled as I watched him stand up from the bed to go to the door. I could tell by the sound of the stairs that he was fast and didn't want to take long. Then I heard some noise followed with a scream from him and I frowned my eyebrows.

"Niall? Are you ok there?"

"Yeah, don't worry. Everything's under control" I heard him say but I wasn't that sure. After some minutes he appeared on the door with a bowl on his hands and placed it on the nightstand. 

"What happened there?"

"Nothing to worry about, everything's fine. I just burnt myself" he said and I giggled. 

"You're the worst at cooking"

"I know that"

"Are you sure you're not going to poison me? What's inside?" I asked because honestly. I was a little bit scared of drinking that. The color wasn't that bad but if it comes from Niall... 

"Everything there is edible, so don't worry, just try it Hannah" he insisted and I nodded. 

"Ok, let's try it" I put a little bit on the spoon and then taste it. I felt it on my throat as it was warming up my body and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

"So...?" he said waiting for an answer.

"I thought it would be worse Horan, but it's actually edible" I said putting some more on the spoon. 

He stood there the whole time helping me and gave me some medicine we brought with us just in case. After I ate everything we both talked about everything and anything, just like one of those nights we used to had weeks ago, when everything felt normal and when I was still with Nick. I decided to put that thought away and enjoy my moment with him. He was in the past now, right? So why should I worry about him? 

"Why don't you get some sleep? You look tired" he suggested but I shook my head.

"I'm having a great time just talking to you. Do you realize this is the longest time we've been without fighting?" he giggled and nodded with his head at the same time. 

"I know, sick right? But you need to rest and get better" for some unknown reason I tapped the other side of the bed and looked at him. He looked at me as well and we both knew what that meant but neither of us made a move or said something. 

"Sleep with me" I whispered. 

"Han.. I don't know if that's a really good idea..." 

"Why not? I'd feel warmer if you stay... please" I said. He shook his head but climbed in bed anyways going next to me. He wrapped his arms around my body and felt the warmth against my skin. 

"Are you sure this is ok with you?" he asked but to be honest I wasn't feeling uncomfortable or anything like that. It felt good and that's what I wanted. 

"Yeah..." I whispered and rested my head on his chest. I put my arm on his chest as well and I could hear the beat of his heart, a little bit faster than usual but then it went to normal. His fingers were playing with my hair as every inch of my body relaxed by his touch and in that moment knew that nothing could happen to me by his side. I've never been this secure and peaceful in my life. 

 [A/N] I'm SO SORRY it took a month to post this chapter but college was unbelievable. I had tests and projects to do so didn't have time to write honestly. Hope you like this chapter and if you did comment and vote please! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 187 26
343 6 5
643 3 61