Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

His Butler, Escaping

1.4K 48 23
By Skyslovely

   Your body hung from where it was strung up the wall of the underground torture chamber, your wrist and ankles being restricted by cuffs that linked up to chains that prevented you from escaping. Sebastian hung several feet away on your right, being suspended in the same condition you were in, and you glanced over fear and worry etched in you. Although Ciel had told you not to resist, the second they had chained you to the wall you had attempted to use your magic to release you, however, you soon found that your magic wasn't working, making you even more worried about the situation you were in. Footsteps resonated from the entrance of the torture chamber and you peered up in the uncomfortable position you were in too see Randall entering, a small grotesque man - who you recognized as the scourger - hovering near him. "Sebastian," you whispered to the demon, and from the corners of your eyes noted that he had shifted in his position. The scourger approached, leaving Randall behind who simply watched, but your attention focused on the scourger as he neared you. You knew that it was wrong to judge people, but the appearance of the scourger was hideous and he reminded you of a cross between Frankenstein's monster and Igor.

"You got me some pretty ones," the scourger commented, his gaze running over your figure making you tense in disgust and dread to then watch the scourger head over to tear off the front of Sebastian's shirt revealing his pale muscular stomach underneath. "Which one should I start with first?" His cruel eyes shifted over to you, your blood running cold upon noticing the hungry look in his eyes as he shuffled to you.

"You will confess to your crimes eventually you know," Randall commented, simply watching from the back as the scourger headed closer to you. "So you might as well do it soon Sebastian, (Y/N)."

"Now, there is no need to touch her," Sebastian coldly mentioned only to suddenly lowly chuckle directing everyone's attention over to him. "Very well then I confess, it was I who was responsible for the Black Death in Europe. As I recall it was during the reign of Edward the third."

Knowing the situation didn't call for it, you couldn't help but lowly chuckle at Sebastian's words, knowing that he was trying to get underneath Randall's skin even with the situation being problematic for the two of you. Randall shot you an irritated look as his face scrunched in irritation and he took a step forward in Sebastian's direction. "You think this is a joke?! That was over five hundred years ago! Give them as much pain as you like," he ordered to the scourger, turning on his heels and leaving the torture chamber. His steps faded into the distance as he disappeared around the pathway that led to the stairs. Your gaze immediately swiveled over to the scourger, your body tensing upon noticing that he was laying out several torture weapons that you knew he was planning on using.

"Now the girl over there seems more likely to break easily. Perhaps I should try her out first," the scourger humored, turning around to face you. "If the two of you confess I don't get to have my fun you see."

"For a human being, you seem quite atrocious. No wonder Scotland Yard locked you up down here and made you torture their own criminals," Sebastian deeply chuckled, his disgusted gaze intently locked onto the scourger who had frozen in his place. "I doubt they let you out into society. Poor you, your childhood must have been a horrid one. I wouldn't be surprised if people cowered whenever they saw you on the street." Your eyes widened. You knew what he was trying to do. With his cold, twisted words, he was trying to sway the scourger to target him instead of you. You mumbled his name, peering up at him with sorrowful eyes just as you noticed that he was already watching you with a soft gaze before giving you a small smile.

"Second thought, why don't I start on you first," The scourger turned away from you and you sighed in relief, but still, worry welled up in you as you watched him take steps toward Sebastian. A blank haze crossed over Sebastian's face as the scourger approached him, a haughty look crossing his face as he reached a hand out to Sebastian's face. "Oh look at those perfect eyes. Should I slash them or should I just cut them out of your pretty head? No I'll save the best for last." The scourger wiped away the drool that had begun to drip from his lips as he held up some pliers. "How about... first we hear your nice scream? Maybe I should start with pulling each of your teeth out one by one. Hmm no that wouldn't do." He turned, placing the pliers off to the side, leaning over to investigate several instruments of torture.

"Do not fear (Y/N), things will be alright soon," Sebastian's voice quietly called out. You glanced over to him, noting that he was currently watching you while the scourger riffled through his instruments.

"I don't want you to get hurt," you croaked.

"Ah! This will do!" You glanced back at the scourger to see that he had a pulled out a long knife just before his gaze focused back on Sebastian. "Let's see what you have to say about appearance after I'm done with you." He approached Sebastian once again, pointing the knife in his direction as you pulled at the shackles, twisting in them hoping that you could escape from them. Once again, to your disbelief, your magic wouldn't work and you could only stare as the scourger ran the knife across Sebastian's right cheek. Blood welled up from the cut, some of it rolling down his cheek and dripping off down to the floor. "How does that feel?" The scourger asked in a sickened tone, a revolting grin crossing onto his face. "How do you like this!" He began to slash at Sebastian's abdomen who took the torture without a change in his expression or even a noise in pain.

"Stop it! Please just stop hurting him!" Your pleas fell on deaf ears, as the scourger remained focused on cutting Sebastian. "There's no reason to be hurting him."

"Frankly I don't care," the scourger replied never once glancing back to look at you. "The only thing I care about is hearing them scream." The scourger paused and from where you were at you could see the long lines that criss crossed Sebastian's abdomen, each of them gleaming red with blood. "Why won't you scream?" It was clear that he was getting frustrated. Sebastian wasn't giving him the reaction that he wanted and now he seemed focused on Sebastian instead of you. "What do I have to do in order to make you scream?!" Sebastian simply watched the man, never letting a shadow of an emotion flicker onto his face. The scourger released a straggled, upset cry before turning on his heels, dropping the knife to the ground and letting it clatter before grabbing a bottle of wine and collapsing into a seat on the far side of the room. You released a sigh turning your attention back to Sebastian while the scourger continued to swallow bottles of wine, not paying any attention to you.

"Sebastian," you called. The demon slowly glanced over to you and although he tried not to show it, you noticed the flash of pain that crossed through his gaze. "Sebastian. I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to help, but my magic isn't working. I'm sorry." Your voice choked as you talked, the anguish and distress you felt rising up in you. Why did Sebastian have to take it upon himself to take the brute of things? Just because he was a demon that didn't mean that he had to go through the pain he was currently experiencing. Snores soon filled the room, leading you to assume the scourger had fallen asleep which you confirmed when you glanced in his direction. You couldn't care less, glad that Sebastian wasn't getting tortured at the moment. It seemed like Sebastian was about to say something only to be cut off upon hearing another noise from beyond the room.

Another set of footsteps was heard from the stairway making you glance over as they got louder. There was a higher oscillation in the footsteps that could only be caused by high heels so you immediately wrote it off as a female. Dressed in a frilly, yet tight outfit and wearing a smug, condescending grin on her face as she stepped into the torture room was Angela. A whip was coiled in her hand, one that gave you a dread of fear as both you and Sebastian glanced over at her. "You make quite a picture Sebastian. As for you (Y/N). It certainly is nice to see you in this situation."

"You bitch," you hissed, the response making Angela give you a glare.

"So this is how far you'll go to be loyal to the master who put you here," Angela remarked, turning her focus back to Sebastian.

"Between his lordship and myself, such are the terms of the contract," Sebastian answered.

Angela's whip cracked, making you flinch. "The boy must be gnashing his teeth right now, don't you think?" Angela stepped up to Sebastian while you continued to struggle in your chains, watching as she raised the end of her whip underneath Sebastian's chin, forcing him to lift his head. "Especially now that he's been shown his own powerlessness. The same for you (Y/N). How do you like those chains I had specifically made for you?" You stopped struggling in them, growing still as you looked at her with widened eyes. "Had a friend of mine specifically made them for you. Prevents you from using that irritating magic of yours."

'The magic user!'

"Yes, I imagined that you're right," Sebastian responded, an arrogant grin on his face as he stared down at the fallen angel as if showing that he wasn't intimidated by her. "Even if all of his pawns are taken away from him forever, he would never pull out of the game. That's my master's nature, you should know that."

"Why not just admit your own nature and start acting on your own desires?" Angela asked mischievously. "This is harder on you than you say. How long has it been Sebastian? Since you've last devoured the soul of a human. And now you're injured as well. You must be beyond ravenous by now. Shall we make a deal then?" You perked to attention upon hearing this, curious about what deal Angela was referring to, yet knowing that Sebastian would never take it. "The true doom day will arrive in due time. When it does you can have as many souls as you like," she said running the end of the whip up Sebastian's exposed abdomen. She suddenly forced Sebastian's chin up to look at her. "All you have to do is give me that boy."

"I'll believe I'll decline," was all Sebastian said, the answer startling Angela. "My palate grows weary of simple unclean souls. I crave ambrosia. My young master is the only soul I want," he answered, giving her a smile as he opened his eyes to glance down at him. "I desire to eat no other soul."

Angela gasped, taking several steps back just as her eyes narrowed in malice. "Well, it seems out negotiation have broken down then. Such a shame."

"Sebastian! She's going to-"

No sooner had you said these words, Angela immediately spun on Sebastian, slashing her whip across his figure, his body jerking along with the action as he released a cry of pain. "The unclean! The unnecessary! The unwanted! Perish and be cleansed! The pain you feel is God's purifying fire! Offer up the blood for your sin!" Angela continued her ruthless whipping and you watched on in horror as blood arose from the new wounds she had created, dripping down his bloodied body.

"Sebastian!" You cried, tears now beginning to run down your face seeing the state Sebastian was in. "Angela that's enough! Just stop it please! You don't have to hurt him like this!"

"Shut it!" A blinding pain flashed across your cheek and something wet trailed down your cheek. Angela stood facing you, her whip curled at her side from where it had just struck you in the face. You heard Sebastian's chains clatter upon seeing that he had leaned forward, his eyes wide in dismay and you were startled to see concern and the hint of rage in his eyes. "Unless you want to be next!" She cracked the whip in warning before slowly approaching you, her heels clicking across the cobblestone floor. She roughly grabbed your chin, pulling your face towards her. "You really get on my nerves you know. Always getting in my way of that boy. You and that demon over there. Maybe its time that I punish you instead."

"That won't do you anything good." Sebastian's low voice was heard, a deep warning tone that even made Angela take a step back startled. "If you strike her that would be the last thing that you do."

Angela stood fixated on Sebastian, heavily glaring at the demon before tching. "I've had enough of this foolishness," Angela hissed, turning on her heels and coiling her whip back at her side. "Have fun rotting in this chamber." Thankfully, you watched as she headed out of the chamber, leaving both Sebastian and you behind along with the sleeping scourger. A deep sigh was heard to which you glanced back at Sebastian. His jaw was clenched, clearly trying to hide the pain that he was in. His entire body was speckled in varying shaped lines, each of them red and oozing with blood, and splatters and stains of blood was smeared across his face and torso. His dim red eyes glanced up, taking in your wide worried gaze before giving you a small reassuring smile as if to tell you everything was alright.

"I'm just glad that you weren't harmed to badly." More tears cascaded down your face at his statement, genuinely upset for what he had to go through.

"Sebastian just why?" Your tears continued to trickle down your cheeks, some of it mixing in with the blood that had finally stopped dripping from your wound. "Why did you have to go through all of that to protect me?"

A snort sounded making you turn your tear stricken face back towards the scourger who had just woken up. A daze expression crossed his features before he glanced back at Sebastian, a sour look taking over as he stood up from his chair, passing by the bottles of wine strewed on the floor that clinked as they rolled against each other. "Now, I'm really going to make you scream." A hot rod glistened in the bright embers of the fireplace on the far side of the room, the scourger slowly pulling it out as he turned to face Sebastian, the end of the rod burning a bright yellow, small bellows of smoke wafting off of that end. The scourger took slow steps toward Sebastian, the hot rod directed straight toward him, and upon seeing what the scourger was planning, you squirmed in your chains, tears unknowingly still falling down your face.

Chains rattled only to snap as Sebastian pulled from his restrictions, his chains falling down to the ground as he stepped forward, the scourger instinctively backing away, having sensed the blood lust emitting from Sebastian. Sebastian stepped in front of you, blocking your view from what was happening, but the scream that followed after confirmed that he had killed the scourger. A sigh of relief left you, glad that things were done with especially knowing that Ciel had called upon Sebastian and you hung your head down exhausted. Steps trekked closer to you, sounding loud in the silent chamber as they approached you, yet your gaze never left the floor. Chains clattered around you as you dropped down to the ground, your knees painfully hitting the bloodied ground only to be scooped up and pulled towards a chest. A warm hand pressed itself on your cheek, softly wiping away a tear that had streaked down.

"Why would you cry for a lowly demon such as myself?" Sebastian softly whispered, pulling your body closer to him.

"Because you're a good friend of mine, and I deeply care about you Sebastian," you replied, gazing up into his eyes. "I wish I could have done something to stop you from experiencing all that pain."

"I apologize (Y/N), for making you worry so much about me." His right arm wrapped around your back, the other slipping underneath your legs as he stood, pulling you closer to his chest as he steadied you in his arms. "The young master has called me so I must return to him."

"Wait Sebastian." You pressed your hand onto his chest, the action immediately causing him to widen his dim red eyes. "At least let me heal your wounds. That's the least I can do." Without letting him have a chance to protest, you muttered the healing chant. Slowly, the wounds began to heal over, stitching themselves back into place until the only thing left on his pale body were the blood stains. "I may not be able to much, but I at least want to be able to do something so that you won't be in pain. I don't care if you are a demon, you shouldn't have to go through that."

Sebastian was silent, his eyes wide in surprise at your words until a smile crossed his features as his face softened. "No one has ever said something like that in my long life. I feel quite honored to here that, especially with it coming from you. Now, I should take you out of this forsaken place. The young master has called and I'm sure that he is to grow impatient. Now, just close your eyes, it'll only be a couple minutes." Sebastian headed toward the stairs of the torture chamber and you burrowed your head into his chest. "And I thank you." You blinked, pulling back from Sebastian surprised at his sudden words only for him to lightly push your head back against his chest. "We will be there soon."

Although you couldn't see, you could still feel the wind that rushed past you as Sebastian quickly headed to Ciel. Your hands clenched onto Sebastian's uniform pressing your face further into his chest trying to adjust to the quick movements of the demon. It was then that shouts and yells of pain was heard, Sebastian's movements becoming more sporadic now and you could only assume that he was fighting. He suddenly stopped and all fell silent.

"You're late." That was Ciel's voice. You picked your head from Sebastian's chest, turning to look down at Ciel who was approaching the two of you. Ciel's gaze immediately glanced at you and you noticed that his gaze had softened. Sebastian gently set you down so that your feet could touch the ground.

"Yes sir, and I've been waiting just as long as well," Sebastian answered before glancing down at you. "We both have."

"And I apologize for that (Y/N)." Ciel addressed you apologetically, though he never shared these words with Sebastian. "I let that soft hearted fool get under my skin and infect me, but it won't happen again. I want you to help me go after Lau. What use are pawns who defy those that wield them?"

"Are you sure about this Ciel?" You asked him, taking a staggering step towards him. "This is Lau that we're talking about."

"I will not suffer those who stands in my way," Ciel responded, and behind his shoulder, you noticed that Fred Abberline was questionably watching your group from the front of the carriage and you knew that he had assisted Ciel. "We're not even friends or family. Is that understood?"

A grin crossed Sebastian's features as he bowed. "Yes, my lord."

"Ciel!" You turned to see that Abberline had stood up on the carriage.

"You should keep your distance from me if you want to live," Ciel warned catching Abberline by surprised. "My place is in the shadows, yours in the light. We walk opposite paths Abberline its best you remember this."

After splitting from Abberline, Ciel brought the the three of you to a large fort on the side of the town overlooking the lagoon. Unease struck in you upon noticing the numerous cannons that decorated the sides of the stone fort. At the top of the fort, you noticed a large ship out in the harbor which you concluded was Lau's. Ciel intently gazed across the harbor at Lau's ship and your unease turned to dread when you realized what he was planning on doing. "Wait-"

"Can it!" Ciel exclaimed. The cannons fired, cannon balls heading toward Lau's ship, striking the water around it and creating small geysers that rocked the ship. One eventually struck the ship, prompting an explosion reaction that caused the main mast to go crashing down. Sebastian suddenly picked you up, resting you on one of his arm while grabbing Ciel and resting him on the other. "Let's go Sebastian."

Quickly, you grabbed Sebastian's uniform shirt in terror as Sebastian leaped off the forty foot fort, the wind fiercely whipping past your face and you scrunched up your eyes as Sebastian skidded on a cannonball to cross the water over to the ship. He jumped onto the ship, crushing a sailor underneath him as he landed, more explosions going off on the ship. Sebastian suddenly jumped back to avoid Ran-Mao's weapon, her chui weapon breaking the ship's floor. "Go on, I'll take her," Sebastian said as he set Ciel and you down to the ground.

"Alright. Let's go (Y/N)," Ciel said as you followed him around the ship. Upon getting to a door that would lead to the cabin of the ship, Ciel kicked it down, running into the chamber as he pulled out a gun.

"Where did you get the gun from?!" You exclaimed startled to find him carrying one.

"I see you finally found your way to this humble place my dear Earl." Lau was seated before you in the small room, the three of you separated by a round table between you and the drug pusher. "It feels strange we should meet under such questionable circumstances and yet inevitable don't you think? I always knew it would come to this."

Ciel drew his gun up in Lau direction while you could only watch on uneasily. "Perhaps you're right about that Lau."

"By the way, what you're looking for is right over there," Lau stated, indicating toward a small, opened box that carried a letter. 'That's the letter that Ciel was having to look for.' Ciel reached down and grabbed the letter, though he didn't keep his gaze away from Lau. "What do you suppose it is? It is a fascinating document. It is a diplomatic agreement treaty proposing an military alliance between Germany and Italy." Both Ciel and you gasped as you glance at the letter. 'Wait, would that be the start of one of the world wars?' You turned back to Lau as he closely watched the two of you. "Yes, it appears your beloved Queen is trying to plunge you and the rest of the world into a full scale war. I suppose, she'll trigger it by attacking France through the opium trade new drug Lady Blanc. Just as your country invaded my own and spreading opium in it not to long ago leading to the opium wars."

'And this is why I couldn't care less for politics and government. Everything is corrupt,' you thought with a heavy sigh.

"Do you think you'll still be her little guard dog when the guns start firing my lord?"

"Is that why betrayed me?" Ciel asked stepping forward. "You're a pacifist!"

"Dear me no," Lau remarked.

"Then why are you doing this Lau?" You asked.

"I was just your pawn remember." Lau finally stood to his feet and you watched him carefully. "The only tie that ever bound us was profit my lord and you see lately I've been a bit bored. I was bored being just a pawn so I decided it was time to be a player in a new game. A game with both of lives on the line." Lau's eyes finally focused ever so serious, prompting you to take a step back as he came charging with a scarab sword. Ciel fired a shot at him to which he blocked as you pushed back the boy, pulling out a sword of your own.

"Lau stop this madness!" You shouted to the Chinese man as he pushed you back. "Ciel run!" Ciel hesitated, glancing between you and Lau as if he was worried to leave you behind in the chamber with him. "Don't worry! I'll be just behind you!" You held up your sword only to be startled as Ciel grabbed your wrist and dragged you out the chamber back to the exterior of the ship.

"Sebastian!" Ciel yelled as you followed him back to the hull of the ship, noting that Ran-Mao was defeated on the floor, Sebastian standing over her, the demon soon glancing over upon hearing Ciel's yell.

"I never thought I would see Ran-Mao's strength push this far," Lau said having followed you both out from the chamber. "This proves what I have always suspected, you're not truly human are you butler. Just like (Y/N) here isn't some plain old human like the rest of us."

'He figured us out like that! Then again, we definitely have done things that would cause suspicion.'

"You may believe what you like. I am simply one hell of a butler."

"Interesting. Very interesting indeed my lord." Lau gazed down at the three of you as Ran-Mao slowly began to stand. "But can the world so interestingly be reality. Sometimes I catch my self wondering if I have in fact been living nothing but a dream ever since that fateful day. He couldn't decide was he Shu who dreamed he was a butterfly." He angled the scarab sword now charging toward Ciel. "Or a butterfly who was dreaming that he was Shu!"

'Wait this is when!'

Ciel yelled out Sebastian's name, but the demon butler was blocked off by Ran-Mao and her weapons. It was then that you noticed Abberline running over to Ciel and your eyes widened upon realizing that he was planning on shielding Ciel. "Abberline no!" Without a second thought, you dashed forward, reaching out a hand toward Abberline who had halted in front of Ciel. Lau's scarab was just seconds away. Your hand stretched out, managing to shove Abberline's shoulder only to cry in pain as the sword plunged between you both, slicing Abberline and you at your sides.

"The both of you why?" Ciel breathlessly asked alarmed.

"Ciel get out of here," Abberline whispered, trembling in pain as he gripped his side while you did the same. Blood gushed over your fingers as you held your side, but you were glad to find that both wounds wasn't to dire right about now.

"You're in my way!" Lau stated as he held up the sword, getting ready to bring it now on Ciel this time.

"I'm not letting you!" You exclaimed.

The sword suddenly stopped, Sebastian having had grabbed both of its side as he struggled to prevent Lau from swinging it. He pushed the blade to the side, slashing at Lau with a flat hand, the Chinese man instantly jumping back and clutching his side revealing that Sebastian had managed to get a strike on him. He collapsed down to his knees, his changshan becoming stained in blood. You focused your attention onto Abberline, carefully helping as he sunk down to the ground, the both of you wincing in pain.

"Why Lau?! Tell me!" Ciel demanded.

"The match is over," Lau mumbled. "You've won quite handily as expected." Ran-Mao staggered over to Lau, crouching down worriedly as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "I never had what it takes to play the game I suppose." The two of them suddenly stood, a sorrowful expression on both of their faces before they leaned back to your surprise, falling off the ship and splashing down into the murky abyss of the sea. It was hazy and gloomy, the smoke from the explosions having drifted up to cover the sky, cutting off the once clear, lit sky and blocking the bright rays of the sun and subjected the seas and the ship itself into a obscure shadow.

"Hey Abberline!" Ciel shouted, leaning down on the opposite side of Abberline, distress - an emotion he rarely showed for others - swirling in his eye as Abberline reached up a hand to delicately touch Ciel's cheek. "I'm glad Ciel... I'm glad that you're alright. I was just like you. I lost my loved ones and I thought, I would never get my family back," he rasped out. "I thought nothing would be the same, but I was so wrong. You can have your family."

"No I can't what are you saying?" Ciel exclaimed.

Abberline's gaze glanced over to you only to weakly soften back onto Ciel. "You do have a chance Ciel. To move forward and build a brand new future for yourself. Don't ever forget that. Promise you won't." Abberline's hand fell down taking Ciel's eye patch with him, revealing the contract symbol underneath.

"But there is no future for me because I gave it away." Ciel quickly turned to you anxiously, alarm in his eyes. "(Y/N). Is he going to be alright?"

"If we can seal up the wound. Lau's sword mostly got him, if we don't stop the bleeding... he might die from it." Ciel gritted his teeth, turning back to face Abberline. You pressed your hands down onto his wound, not minding that his blood was coating your palms, Abberline gasping out in pain at your action. "Symbol of healing, there are no dark dealings, I ask you to detain the pain and heal the wound." Although your magic level was high, performing this high level spell was risky especially with you injured. You couldn't care less. Abberline didn't deserve to die. Your wound could wait a little. It wasn't as dire as Abberline's was at this instant. A soft glow spread across Abberline's wound, as you pushed your energy to see the spell finished. You wouldn't let someone die again. You had swore to yourself that you wouldn't let anyone else die after last year. You heard Sebastian address Ciel, only to hear a loud slap echo behind you, Ciel having had slapped Sebastian to your surprise, but you remained focused on Abberline. His skin began to stitch back, every so slowly, but you watched, remaining head strong until the wound completely closed, his faint breathing chest returning to a steady rise and fall.

"You didn't hold up your end of the bargain. My life was in serous danger and you disobeyed the rules of the contract!" Ciel exclaimed behind you. Your own wound pulsed heavily in pain, but you had used up your energy and strength to be able to heal it, so you kept a steady pressure on it as you turned to face Ciel and Sebastian.

"You didn't get hurt did you," Sebastian said in a matter of fact way. "I knew at that moment that Abberline would use his body to shield-"

Ciel slapped Sebastian again, the demon butler glancing back down at the Earl disquietly. "And what about (Y/N)! She got hurt as well and you did nothing to help her."

Sebastian's gaze flickered over to you, a regretful expression crossing over his face as his lips tugged down into frown. "I wasn't expecting her to go rushing in like that. I apologize (Y/N), I would have done something to prevent you from getting harmed. I failed as your mentor... and as your friend."

Ciel scoffed, before turning back to Abberline worriedly. The Scotland Yard Inspector had fallen unconscious, his breathing slightly fast, but steady revealing that he would pull through. "He'll be okay," you informed Ciel who seemed relieved at your statement.

"Abberline," Ciel whispered, his head lowering as he stared down at the inspector, his blueish hair sweeping down to cover his eyes. "You fool. Damn you."

You watched both him and Abberline, relief flowing through you as you were glad that you had at least managed to save somebody. Something tight wrapped itself around your waist, covering your wound and you glanced down to see that it was a black fabric. "This will hopefully hold the bleeding for now. I'm sorry (Y/N). I should have done something to prevent you from getting hurt." You noticed that he had ripped the end of his tailcoat, using it to have wrapped it around your wound.

"Ah, its fine Sebastian. I'm just glad that things are alright."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 103 8
I haven't watched black butler in years, but I still like the characters so I'll write about them from time to time! (Moved from old account on anoth...
105K 3.5K 26
17 year old Violet, an anime loving girl who has somehow found herself in some sort of....trouble...well of course it's not a trouble for her. - As s...
123K 2.8K 28
(y/n) was a girl from the 21st century. She has conflicts with her school and the people around her. One night she is given a blue pendant accompanie...
162K 4.1K 26
This is my first story I have ever made. I don't own black butler, or any of there characters. (Y/N) is a beautiful half cat demon, half human. Wonde...