Sherlock Imagines and Prefere...

By Just_A_Sherlockian

Hi, reader! I'm glad you've stumbled upon my book. You will find plenty of Sherlock x Reader imagines in here... More

Greetings!
In The Moonlight
Anniversary Gift
You May Be Right
Keeping You A Secret
Slipped Away
Stay Home
Black and Grey
A Romantic Evening
Unconditionally
Karaoke Night
Eternal Sleep
Heartbreaker
Our Little Girl
Hold On
Hallucinations
Million Reasons
The Mystery Kid
Heaven Can Wait
As Well As It Could Be
#WriteYourHeartOut
An Old Flame
Consulting Daddy
Forgiveness
The Page Boy
The Proposal Plan
The Proposal Plan [2]
Halloween Costumes
Unlike Others
For All Your Fluffy Needs
It Will Rain
Hurt Me If You're There
Wedding Cakes
The New Kid
Just To Let You Know...
Blind Date
Dance Teacher
The Last Day
Next To Me
A Christmas Case
Sherlock's Apprentice
Ridiculous Man
Make It Stop
Brother Mine
A Father and His Daughter
The Spying Detective
So This Is Love
Case Gone Wrong
Pretend Girlfriend
Wedding Guest
After Hours
Prom Night

Taken

2.3K 87 100
By Just_A_Sherlockian

The coronavirus outbreak has put the entire world upside down and I know I'm not the only one who is feeling anxious and uncertain about this whole situation. 

So I figured I would come on here and write a oneshot for you all to take our minds off all the stress for a bit. 

During this lockdown, I have kept myself busy with schoolwork as well as watching a lot of films. And recently, I re-watched the film Taken, which I hadn't seen in ages but have always really liked. So that's where the idea for this oneshot came from!

Don't you worry! I will make sure to add some fluff at the end of this chapter because I feel like that's what we all need right now.

Stay safe, everyone!

<♥>

You turned off the vacuum cleaner and took a good look around the flat to admire your work. You smiled proudly to yourself as you noticed how well you had cleaned and organised the flat.

Sherlock and John had been out on a case for a few hours now and you took that as the perfect opportunity to deep clean the entire living room and kitchen. The whole place had been a mess before, but now every surface was squeaky clean.

You put the vacuum cleaner away before you went back to the kitchen to make yourself a well-deserved cup of tea. The water was just starting to heat up when you heard a noise.

You entered the living room and heard another noise, coming from behind the door. Immediately, an uneasy feeling spread in your chest.

You rushed back to the kitchen and picked up your phone. There were no texts from Sherlock or John, so they must still be out on the case. Sherlock always texted you when he was on his way home. It had become a habit, so the lack of a text from either of the boys sent a shiver down your spine.

The doorknob rattled and you let out a soft gasp. You hastily turned off the kettle and ran into the bedroom, locking the door. With trembling hands, you dialled Sherlock's number.

John shut the door of the cab and turned towards the cabbie. ''Baker Street, please.'' He turned back to Sherlock and said ''Are you going to text (Y/N) or should I?''

Sherlock pulled out his phone with a smile, eager to inform his girlfriend that he had solved yet another case. Before he had the chance to type the message, though, his phone started buzzing in his hand. The detective frowned before answering it.

''Sherlock?'' you gasped, tears forming in your eyes.

''(Y/N)? What's wrong?'' Sherlock asked urgently, sensing fear in your voice.

''There's someone in the flat. I can hear footsteps,'' you whimpered.

Sherlock was instantly alarmed. ''Did you see anyone? Are you sure it's not Mrs Hudson?''

''No, no,'' you cried. ''I ran into the bedroom when they tried to open the door. They kicked the door in, Sherlock. I heard it!''

''Alright. Stay calm. I need you to stay calm. You're in the bedroom, yes?''

''Yes,'' you whimpered. ''Please hurry, Sherlock.''

He cursed under his breath and looked out the window. There was no way he'd get to you in time if someone was in the flat already. He knew it was only a matter of seconds before they'd find you. ''Get under the bed,'' he ordered.

You let out a small sob before squeezing yourself underneath the bed. The tears rolling down your cheeks created small puddles in the dust. ''I'm here,'' you whispered.

Sherlock closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to keep the panic he felt out of his voice. ''Listen,'' he spoke quietly, ''they're going to take you.''

You rested your forehead on your hand as you started to cry.

Sherlock bit back his own tears and continued. ''Listen to me, (Y/N). I'm on my way home but I won't get there on time. They're going to find you and they will take you.'' He paused for a second. ''I will find you, okay? I will not stop looking for you until I find you. I promise.''

''Sherlock,'' you sobbed. ''I'm scared.''

''I know, but you're –''

You muffled your scream with your hand. ''They're coming into the bedroom,'' you whispered.

''Don't make a sound.''

You put your hand over your mouth as tears slid down your cheeks. You saw two pairs of feet slowly walking around the bedroom.

''I guess the boss was wrong,'' one man said to the other. ''There's no one here.''

It was quiet for a brief moment before the second man spoke up. ''The boss is never wrong.''

You squeezed your eyes shut as they moved back towards the bedroom door. When it got quiet again, you carefully opened your eyes and looked around.

In an instant, you were pulled towards the door by your ankles.

Sherlock shut his eyes as he heard you scream his name. He listened intently to every sound he could pick up on. He heard you fighting against your kidnapper before the door of the flat slammed shut and everything got eerily quiet.

John was staring at his friend with wide eyes. ''Sherlock?'' he spoke carefully.

The detective slowly lowered the phone and ended the call. ''Someone took her,'' he said quietly. He seemed lost in his thoughts for a moment as tears brimmed his eyes, but he quickly shook it off and regained his composure. ''Text Lestrade and Mycroft. Tell them to meet us at the flat right away.''

<>

Sherlock was sat on the floor in the middle of the living room. He was surrounded by pieces of paper and stacks of files. He had his laptop balancing on his legs as he typed furiously.

John came back into the living room, handing a cup of tea to everyone present. He set Sherlock's cup down on the floor and quietly walked back to his chair.

They had been looking for you for two days now. John and Lestrade had spent almost all their time at 221B to help look for you. They only left for a few hours every night to go home and get some sleep before returning to the flat at the crack of dawn. Even Mycroft visited the flat frequently to check up on his little brother. 

They could all see the state Sherlock was in and none of them trusted the detective to be alone for too long.

Sherlock had hardly moved from his position on the floor in these two days. He had hardly eaten or slept and it was starting to affect him. But he didn't care. He hardly even noticed it. He was completely focussed on finding you, and now that he was so close to doing so, he couldn't bring himself to take a single break.

Mycroft sighed as he stared at his younger brother. The bags under Sherlock's eyes stood out and his pale skin had adapted a greyish hue. His muscles were tensed from being in the same position for so long, and if the detective hadn't been so focussed on his task, he would've felt his limbs cramp and ache.

John finished his tea and set the cup aside, picking up a case file to look through.

When they had arrived at their flat thirty minutes after you had been taken, Sherlock had found a note stapled to the door. The message had been signed with a symbol. Sherlock hadn't immediately recognised it, but had soon realised who was responsible.

You had been kidnapped by a notorious gang of criminals. They had taken you as revenge because Sherlock had been responsible for locking up their leader weeks earlier during an impressive case.

The next two days, he spent trying to figure out where they could have taken you. And with the help of John, Mycroft, and Scotland Yard, he had finally discovered where you could be.

Sherlock jumped up from the floor and threw his laptop onto the sofa.

The others instantly got on their feet, quickly catching onto what Sherlock was doing.

''I take it you found her,'' Mycroft asked as he slid on his coat and grabbed his umbrella.

''Yes,'' Sherlock answered.

Before anyone else had the time to gather their things, Sherlock had already bolted out the door. He forced one of the officers standing outside to give up his car and got into the driver's seat.

John and Lestrade were soon in the car with him and Sherlock sped off, breaking every speed limit imaginable.

Lestrade was on his phone, arranging back-up to wherever Sherlock was going. He also texted Mycroft, promising to keep an eye on Sherlock.

A while later, they arrived at a seemingly abandoned building in the outskirts of London. Police sirens wailed around them and a bunch of officers in uniform stepped out with their guns raised.

''What's your plan, Sherlock?'' Greg asked. ''How are you going to get her out of there?''

Sherlock grabbed his gun and cocked it. ''By walking in.''

Before the DI could stop him, Sherlock had already run into the building without any back-up. Lestrade cursed to himself before nodding at John and heading inside as well.

John and Greg quickly caught up with Sherlock and drew out their guns, making sure to be as quiet as they possibly could.

''This way,'' Sherlock hissed. ''I hear noises.'' He crept up to a damaged green door and carefully put his ear against it.

''They found us!'' a male voice snarled. ''Get the girl. We have orders to carry out.''

Sherlock heard a door open and shut and then heard your voice. You were obviously crying, but you were putting up a fight as well.

Sherlock signed to John and Greg to get ready. He turned towards the door and kicked it open, immediately storming into the room with his gun in the air. ''Let her go!'' he growled.

You looked up and tears sprang to your eyes upon seeing your boyfriend. You tried to fight against the ropes that were holding your arms and legs together, but stopped when a gun was pointed at your head.

''We have orders,'' the same man from earlier said.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. ''Which are?''

''Kill the girl if anyone tries to rescue her.''

Sherlock clenched his jaw. ''I will shoot you before you get the chance. Drop the gun.''

''The entire building is surrounded. There is no way out,'' Lestrade piped up. ''Let her go. No one has to get hurt.''

''You didn't think you could actually get away with this, did you?'' Sherlock spoke. ''It's over. Now drop the gun.''

The man glared at Sherlock and scoffed. ''I'm not going to give up that easily.'' In a swift motion, he pulled out his own gun and aimed it at you.

A gun went off and the man fell to the floor.

Sherlock turned around for a brief moment to stare at John in amazement.

John simply gave him a smile and a nod before joining Lestrade in arresting the other three men in the room, who had surrendered.

Sherlock dropped his gun and rushed over to you. He fell to his knees and quickly tugged at the ropes to get them off you.

You were a crying mess and couldn't stop whimpering out his name.

''It's okay. It's okay now. I've got you. I found you,'' he panted. He managed to untie the ropes and immediately pulled you into his warm embrace.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

Sherlock held you tightly, stroking your hair and whispering reassuring words in your ear. He pulled you even closer and kissed the top of your head over and over again. ''I've got you,'' he whispered. ''I found you. I told you I would, didn't I?''

You nodded into his chest, refusing to let him go for even a second. ''I want to go home,'' you sniffed.

He nodded. ''Of course. I'll take you home. John can take a look at you there.'' He slowly stood up and pulled you up with him.

Your legs were wobbly and shaking, forcing you to lean against Sherlock.

Without giving it a second thought, he picked you up and held you tightly against his chest. He carried you to a nearby car and got in the backseat with you.

Once John had gotten in as well, a police officer kindly drove you all home.

''I noticed you cleaned the flat,'' Sherlock said, breaking a long silence.

You nodded. ''Had to be done at some point.''

Sherlock smiled hesitantly at you.

You immediately frowned. ''What did you do?''

''It wasn't just me! Mycroft, John, and Gavin are equally to blame!'' he defended.

''Nope,'' John cut in.

You giggled softly. ''You made a mess again, didn't you? After all my hard work cleaning it up.''

He nodded shyly, attempting to stay on good terms with you by offering you a sheepish smile.

''It's fine,'' you assured him. ''I'm just glad to go back home.''

That night, after John had made sure you weren't badly injured, you and Sherlock slept on the sofa, completely tangled up in each other's embrace.

He held you tightly against his chest all throughout the night, making sure you slept soundly without any nightmares interrupting your rest.

You were okay now. Forever safe in the loving arms of your heroic boyfriend. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 18K 46
Sherlock x Reader You aren't exactly fond of Sherlock. He might be brilliant, but he's without a doubt the most rude and arrogant man you've ever had...
719K 14K 173
Highest Ranking: #18 in FanFiction [9/10/16] 'My dream come true.' -Drayizzle 'This was so cute! This is the first Sherlock preference book I'm read...
1.5M 46.8K 99
We are on an infinite hiatus with this show, so read up!
48.5K 2.2K 18
Jim Moriarty is in his last year of high school. He'd managed to get this far with minimal drama, largely due to the fact that he had no friends. Thi...