I'M HIS (#Wattys 2019)

By AnnieoneT

Hunter Reign. King of all werewolves. Dangerous. Killing Machine. Mystery. Power. Those are the words my peop... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 : The Job
Chapter 2 : The Plan
Chapter 3 : The Three Musketeers
Chapter 4 : The King
Chapter 5 : The Message
Chapter 6 : The Meeting
Chapter 7 : The Reason
Chapter 8 : The Moon
Chapter 9 : The first day
Chapter 10 : The Start
Chapter 11 : The Heat
The Chapter 12 : The Secret and Goodbyes
Chapter 13 : The Scent and The Princess
Chapter 14 : The Whisper
Chapter 16 : The Eyes
Chapter 17 : The Return
Chapter 18 : The News
Chapter 19 : The Wrath
Chapter 20 : The Rage
Chapter 21 : The Calm
Not A Chapter!! (But please read)
Chapter 22 : The Truth
Chapter 23: The Beach House
Questions for my lovely lovely lovely readers❤️

Chapter 15 : The Book

7.2K 172 35
By AnnieoneT

" Fairy tales are more than true :
Not because they tell us that Dragons exist,
But because they tell us that Dragons can be beaten."
- Neil Gaiman, Coraline
.
.
.
.
.
I quickly made a dash into the library and hid behind the furthest book shelf I could find.

What the hell? Nice going Lea...you almost exposed yourself you idiot. I huffed at myself, closing my face with my hands. I need to sit. I sighed deeply before taking a seat on the floor and leaned back to the shelf behind me. My heart still raced at the thought of almost exposing my relationship with the King to Christian. That would've been a hard one to get out of.

I zoned out thinking about the scenario that would've went down and a book suddenly caught my eyes from the shelf in front of me. It looked old and dusty and I don't think anyone's ever opened it much. I frowned in curiosity and reached over to grab the book, wan-

DRINNNGGGG~ ~

I jumped at the sound of my phone. Gawd everything making me so jumpy these days. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and saw Hunter's name flashing.

Oop- Jace must've told him.

I answered the call and brought the phone up to my ears.

"Yes?" I asked slowly.

"Yes? Is that all you gotta say for yourself?" He boomed down the line, making me pull the phone away from my ears. Dahell. This man trying to make his mate go deaf.

"I-Don't be yelling at me like that." I scolded.

"How can I not?!? Tell me, last night when you called. It wasn't because you were just missing me right?" He asked angrily. Wow, he mad mad. *Sips tea*

"I-.....yes." I sighed out in defeat. Not wanting to beat around the already beaten bush and angering him more. "I'm sorry though! I didn't know if what I felt was real or just in my dreams, and I know you're too busy to be thinking about these simple matters. I didn't want to burden you more then you already are." I continued.

"Burden? What do you mean? You're my mate! I'm supposed to protect you from harm, dream or no dream!! You're never gonna be a burden to me. What even made yo- ugh...I'm going home soon and when I do, you're moving in and that's final. My wolf can't handle the thought of someone trying to touch you." He growled out the last part. His wolf trying to take control.

"Move in?" I asked bewildered, I thought we were keeping a low profile. "Hunter, I can't move in with you, we can't let people know about our...relationship." I whispered the last part looking around to make sure no one was eves dropping.

"Look Lea, I don't fucking care. You're moving in and that's that. We'll think of something but you moving in is already a definite must. I'll talk to you parents, don't worry about anything. I just want you safe baby." He said softly, making me smile and my wolf purred at the love pouring out of his words.

"Okay. I'll do it. I need to go soon. My break time os almost over. I'll talk to you later?"

"I'll talk to you later. Stay safe love." He confirmed, his tone leaving no arguments, as if me staying safe is a must.

I smiled and cut the call, standing up and making my way out between the shelfs before remembering...the book. I looked back and saw it still sitting there, I was debating if I should take it home with me or not when I heard the bell ring. Damn...I'm late. I thought before sprinting my way to class. I'll read it later on.

I managed to get through the whole day of school without bumping into Christian again so that was good. Other then that nothing else happened and I breezed through the other classes. I've had some classes with Sierra too, meaning that I wasn't a complete loner in school. I told her that maybe we could hang out sometimes when we have the time and she took me up on the offer and we exchanged numbers.

I was on my way to Jace (who might I add, was drawing some attention with the way he looks while leaning on his car like that) before I stopped dead on my tracks. The book.

"Give me a minute! I forgot something!" I yelled out to him before running towards the direction of the library, zig zaging my way through people, making them look at me weirdly.

I opened the doors to the library and saw the librarian was still there, "Hi, can I still borrow a book?" I asked politely while trying to catch my breath. She smiled at me and said "Yes, be quick though, we're closing soon." I smiled at the news and said thanks before rushing to the shelf where the book was.

And there it was. Still sitting there in the dust between 2 other dusty books. I bent down and took it from the shelf, dusting it off before going towards the librarian and giving her the book and my ID card to be scanned.

"Oh? How did you even find this darling?" She asked curiously while scanning it.

"Oh, I accidentally came across it. It was just sitting in the shelf on the furthest back." I said while pointing to the shelf where I had originally found the book.

She nodded, smiled and said "Enjoy reading it then hun." I took my book and ID card and thanked her before walking out of the library and back towards where Jace was still waiting for me.

"You got what you need?" He asked while opening the door for me. "Yeah, I did. Thanks." I said while getting in and gave him a small smile. He smiled back at me and nodded before closing the door and making his way towards his side of the car and getting in.

He zoomed past the school's gates and proceeded to take the road that takes me home. I looked down at the book on my lap and read the title "The Tale of the Dragon Kingdom." Well, this is going to be a a good read.

"Whatcha got there?" Jace asked glancing over the book on my lap. I looked over to him while putting the book inside my bag.

"Just a book I found in the library. I'm gonna read it later when I get the chance." I said leaning back on my seat.

"Oh? What's it about? Some cheesy romance bullshit you always like?" He asked while snickering, making me smack his arm.

"I dunno really.." I said blinking like an idiot. "I was just kinda drawn to it. I'll tell you when I start reading it. I think it's a story about a dragon kingdom or something." I continued.

"The Tale of the Dragon Kingdom." Suddenly Jace said, making me whip my head to him. "Wait you know the book? Then why'd you ask?" Frowning at him.

"It's the only dragon book that the Were Kingdom has. It's pretty much a legend though. Dragons went extinct a long time ago." He said casually.

The hell? My jaws dropped at the thought, DRAGONS EXISTED???

"Whatcha mean they went extinct? I mean, I didn't even know they existed in the first place." I turned towards him. Interested at what he's about to say.

"Of course they existed silly, their Kingdom was known to be the Kingdom of the skies. Beautiful creatures that exerted so much power and dominance. They were hunted down because of their scales, it was made of pure gold. Slowly their numbers started decreasing until one day, they just...disappeared." He sighed out.

I sat there in silence, no words left my mouth because there wasn't much I could say. An entire Kingdom wiped out because of the greeds of others. What has the world come to?

"Anyways here we are. Start packing your bags though, the King's gonna be back soon. And as soon as he get's here, I'm pretty sure he's dragging your ass to the Palace." He said giving me "you've done it now" look, making me roll my eyes at him.

"I haven't even told my parents yet. They won't agree to this you know." I said opening the door.

"Aight, bet. You're the future Queen of this Kingdom, they're not gonna go against the Kings words." He answered smartly.

I growled a little at him, knowing his words are most likely true and closed the car door. I walked towards my house and gave Jace a small wave before entering it. I took off my shoes and saw my mom asleep on the couch. I walked up to her and gave her a small kiss on the cheek, making her stir.

"Hi mommy, I'm home." I whispered so that I don't scare her. She softly replied with an okay and went back to her nap.

Welp...guess I gotta start packing my bags now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been months and I hate myself for doing this to you guys 🥺
How are you lovelies, the Pandemic is being a bitch to me right now, so I'm quarantined in. How are you guys though? I hope everyone is doing healthy and happy ❤️ I missed you guys so so so much.

I know I've been MIA and to make it up to you, I'll be posting everyday for the next 5 days ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you for those who are still supporting this book and I love and appreciate all my readers so much.

Don't forget to
STAR ⭐️
COMMENT🤔
SHARE ❤️
And
FOLLOW 🥀

I LOVE YOU 3000 and More ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 51 72
the Alpha King is feared In the whole kingdom of Werewolves....his bloody killing of Females gives him a hunting reputation.
855 156 17
This is Story About a Character who wants to be Strongest Man in The Whole world. He is first Werewolf to Ever Exist and Its His Journey which is Alm...
16.5M 445K 40
"Be careful, sweetheart. I can make you scream my name right now if only I wanted to. And it wouldn't be screams of fear or pain; it would be screams...
18.9K 852 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...