The Waltz (Jotakak)

By Sinnamon_pancake

2 months after returning from Egypt, Jotaro's main school event is happening in a few weeks. The theme is "wa... More

A/N
Chapter 1: Resuming Time
Chapter 2: A Storm's Coming
Chapter 3: A Rude Awakening
CHAPTER UPDATE!!!!!!
Chapter 5: Star Dancer
Chapter 6: Mission Failed
Chapter 7: Jotaro Jackson
Chapter 8: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 9: How It's Done
Chapter 10: Schedule
Chapter 11: Everytime We Touch I Swear I Could Die
Chapter 12: Problems
Bonus Chapter: Kid n' Play
Chapter 13: Ouch
Happy Jotakak Week!
Bonus Chapter: I Will Survive
Bonus Chapter: Guy's Night
Chapter 14: Forgetful Mornings
Another Chapter Update!
Chapter 15: Oh! That's a Cheater!
Chapter 16: Moving Forward
Chapter 17: What?
A/N
Chapter 18: Falling for You
Chapter 19: Love Hotline
Chapter 20: Thoughts
Chapter 21: True Preparation
Chapter 22: Anticipation
A/N
New Update Schedule
Chapter 23: Eyes are the Window to the Soul
Chapter 24: Walking on Eggshells
Chapter 25: Tuesday Nights
Bonus Chapter: Trick for a Treat
A/N
Chapter 26: Notes
Chapter 27: Hold Me Close
Merry Christmas/chapter update
A/N

Chapter 4: Can't Catch A Break

4.4K 207 521
By Sinnamon_pancake

"Okay~ wait I have something important to give!"

"What is it woman? We're going to be late." I sighed. I watched as she came running around the corner to the front entrance.

"Here is your goodbye kiss!" She jumped up on her tiptoes to reach my face, whilst leaning against me for balance. After struggling to reach my face, I put my school bag down and leant down a little so she could access my cheek. Squealing, she pecked me on the cheek, "Oh Jotaro, you're still my little boy!"

"Good grief, Nori let's go." I pull my hat down as I lean over to pick up my school bag again. Once I stand up again, I swiftly turn and walk out of the front gate.

"Hey wait for me Jotaro!" The sound of shoes hitting the stone path behind me got louder and louder until they slowed down to match my pace. As we are walking I start to hear peculiar sound next to me, it sounded like a mischievous kid who just got caught stealing candy. Was Kakyoin giggling? I look at him from the corner of my eye, his head is facing the ground but his shoulders are shaking.

"What's so funny?" I grumble. Kakyoin's head shoots up to look at my face.

"I just didn't know you were such a mama's boy Joot," he broke off into a fit of giggles at the end of his sentence.

"Shut up, I'm not the one who said they wanted to date her." I retorted. At this Kakyoin's eyes widened and a blush spread across his cheeks. Quickly, he turned his head away.

"S-shut it! I thought we agreed we wouldn't talk about that!" He sputtered helplessly, poor guy. I almost feel bad, key word being almost. I smirk triumphantly, unfortunately my moment of victory quickly fades when I hear a group of girls squealing. Without warning I felt something wrap around my arm, I look down and see a girl looking up at me with hearts in her eyes.

"Good morning JoJo!" She smiled. Another girl came except this time they forcefully pushed their chest onto me while holding my arm. The other girl glared daggers at her, but she just smirked and looked up at me.

"Hey JoJo I didn't know you took this way to school." Yeah, cause I totally don't see you in that damn crowd of girls every fucking day.

"Good fucking grief can I just walk to school in peace?" I mutter. I look towards Kakyoin pleading with my eyes for him to help me out, at this Kakyoin rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. This caused the two girls to snap their heads in his direction.

"I wish I got as much recognition as Jotaro," he huffed, "I shouldn't complain though, I should want what's best for my old pal right?" He sighed. The crowd of girls went crazy at the sight of the honour student Noriaki Kakyoin pouting for attention. Immediately the group of girls flocked around him.

"Oh Kakyoin-san we didn't mean to make you upset!" One yelled.

"Yeah! We didn't know you were sad!" Another shouted.

"Please forgive us!" They pleaded.

Kakyoin faked a look of shock and started responding to them with 'thank you's', but before they noticed he turned towards me with a smirk and mouthed the words 'you're welcome'. Then he quickly went back to shooting smiles to the girls. The rest of the walk to school was like that, until we finally reached the lockers. The group of girls started to disperse as they went to their respective lockers, coincidentally Kakyoin's was next to mine. "Wow Nori, I didn't know you were jealous of how much attention I get." I deadpanned. Kakyoin let out a hearty laugh in response.

"You wish Joot, if anything I pity you." All of a sudden his face grew tired, "You have to deal with that everyday? Just doing it once was tiring enough."

"Good to know you care." I said sarcasm dripping from my words. Kakyoin rolled his eyes.

"Can you check your watch for the time?" He asked. I simply nodded my head and looked down at my wrist to check the time.

"It's 8:42 why-" I was cut off by a wide eyed Kakyoin.

"Oh shoot! I have to go JoJo I'm gonna be late, see you at lunch!" And with that he slammed his locker shut and dashed down the halls. I should get going too, I don't wanna be late too after his efforts.

***Time skip brought to you by Joot***

     I walked to the roof ready to meet Kakyoin so we could have our lunch together. On the way here I had to literally dig through my locker to find my lunch. The reason why I had to do this is because my locker was filled to the brim with letters, now I have a pool of them surrounding my locker. Whatever, at least I was expecting it, these bitches are crazy. When I open the doors to the roof I don't see any trace of Kakyoin, odd he's usually here first. I decide to take a seat by the fence and open my bento while I wait.

     About a minute later I hear a bang and look away from the sky to the door, there I see an unforgettable sight. Kakyoin is standing in front of the door, his hair disheveled, eyes wide, and his face is completely flushed. I gulp at the sight, good grief he's ho- what was I about to think just now? Whatever just stop looking at his face, I let my eyes trail down his body until they stop at his arms. His left arm is carrying his bento and his right arm is filled with a pile of letters, man I feel like shit.  Slowly, but surely, he made his way over to where I was sitting next to the fence, once he was in front of me he dropped all the letters and sat down with a huff.

"Whew! Sorry for being late, my hands were kinda full." He chuckled scratching the back of his head, "Anyway here is the load for today, now I know why you said sorry yesterday." He said mumbling the last little bit.

"Good grief." I sighed.

"Anyway let's eat! I'm hungry after climbing those stairs!" He started to open up his bento, "Itadakimasu!" he snapped his chop sticks and started to eat. I followed his lead starting to eat my own food. "So Jotaro about the dance." I paused and looked up at him.

"What about it?" I grunted.

"Well it's in 2 weeks, and I'm curious." I stayed silent as a way of telling him to continue, "Do you know how to do the waltz?" My mind went blank for a second. Then the realization hit me, not only do I have to deal with those bitches antics, but I also have to learn how to the waltz. I've never really danced before other than tapping my foot when listening to my dad's jazz tapes, but how hard can it be.

"Yes I do." I decide to say, I don't want him to know that I've never really danced.

"That's shocking, I didn't take you for the 'waltz' type I pegged you more for a 'moonwalk' person, with the hat and all." He laughed, "In fact I'm a Kid 'n Play person myself." He smirked. What the- I know what the moonwalk is but what the hell is Kid 'n Play? I'll have to ask him another time.

"Hmph, I guess that just proves you can't judge a book by it's cover." I replied smugly.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. After all everyone thinks the Jotaro Kujo is some hardcore guy, but you're actually just a big softy for your mom." He teased.

"Whatever, just shut up and eat your food." I barked.

"With pleasure~" he sang as he ate a mouthful of rice. After that we didn't really talk about anything exciting, other than Kakyoin complaining saying that he'll have to start bringing a bag to school to carry the letters. We finally started packing up our empty bentos when we heard the bell, I stuffed the letters in my bento so my hands wouldn't be full. Once we got to the second floor me and Kakyoin had to go different directions. "Alright, see you after school Jotaro." He waved and made his way down the hall. Shortly after I followed suit and made my way down the stairs.

***Time skip brought to you by Nori***

Finally this dreadful day is over, I sit up from my desk and grab my school bag. I then check to see if the teacher is looking, they're busy talking with a student. I quickly open the window next to my desk and jump out, I hear the distant sound of the teacher yelling but I ignore it and make my way to the front gate. Standing at the edge of the gate is Kakyoin, it's easy to find him since no one else in this school has anything close to cherry red hair. His head turns in my direction and he waves with a smile on his face, I quicken my pace. Once I get to him I keep on walking, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible, quickly he stops leaning on the gate and catches up to me.

"Someone's in a hurry today." He hummed.

"I just don't want to be at that god forsaken place any longer than I have to be." I grumbled.

"Makes sense." He agreed, "Hey Jotaro are you ok, you seemed a bit more tense than usual today, any reason why?" He asked concerned. Yeah, there are a couple reasons.

"I guess I'm just annoyed by the whole waltz thing, and plus, the old man is coming to visit." I sighed.

"Mr. Joestar? When does he come?" He questioned.

"His flight comes in today, and he's gonna be here for 2 months in case that was your next question." Kakyoin looked at me with an unreadable expression. "What's that look for?"

"Well, I guess that I'm kind of shocked." He admitted, "We just got back from our journey not that long ago, wouldn't he want to spend time with his wife?"

"You would think so, but he said he's coming here to check on his daughter's health." I replied.

"Well, I guess that makes sense, she did almost die after all." He reasoned.

"Whatever, he's a pain in my ass." Kakyoin punched my shoulder.

"Hey! Don't talk about your grandpa like that!" He scolded. I just grunted in response. The rest of the walk to the Kakyoin household was uneventful other than the group of girls following us for a portion of the journey.

***Time skip brought to you by author-chan***

As I opened the front door to the house I was immediately enveloped in a bear hug.

"Jotaro! My wonderful grandson!" Bellowed a certain old man. Shit, I thought I would have more time than this. I already feel a migraine coming on.

"Get the hell off me!" I shouted.

"No! Your grandfather missed you, the least you can do is hug back!" He yelled back in equal volume, refusing to loosen his death grip on me. I've had enough of this, I summon Star Platinum and have him remove the old man from my body. "What were you trying to do, break your grandfather's bones by using your brute of a stand?" Joseph said dusting himself off.

"Good grief, you're fine." I said. The old man huffed at this, but then quickly smiled.

"It's nice to see you again Jotaro." He said in a serious tone, I tilted my hat down to shade my eyes.

"I guess it's nice to see you too old man." I said nonchalantly allowing a small smile to form on my lips. "Even if you're a major pain in my ass."

"You just couldn't let us have a moment could you." He sighed in defeat.

.~*~.

2024 words

(Unedited)

There you go! A long chapter, sorry for the delay! The next chapter will involve some dancing so be prepared! Also feel free to search up the dance Kid 'n Play, I'll explain how Kakyoin can do this in a later chapter since it needs 2 people.

~Author-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.7K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
512K 14.6K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
188K 8.6K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
219K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...