Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

His Butler, Imprisoned

1.5K 42 9
By Skyslovely

   "This morning a body washed up at the regions canal dock," Ash informed from where he sat in a chair in one of the drawing rooms of the Phantomhive Manor. He had come over for the day to inform Ciel of one of the cases that was currently happening and to bring an order the Queen had sent. From where you stood to the left of Ciel's seat, you continued to glare at Ash who sat calmly composed in his seat as he took a sip of the tea you had prepared. Sebastian stood calmly on the other side of Ciel and you still wondered how he didn't see that Ash wasn't a human as he played himself to be.

The truth of your parents death had taken a toll of you in the last month, but with the help of your family and friends you had slowly come to make amends with it. Yet, that didn't stop the few fruitless nights of sleep you would have when you would awaken from visions of the AMA.

"The man's name was John Stanley," Ash continued, addressing Ciel who sat at the head seat examining papers that Ash had given to him. "By profession he was a merchant in the shipping business."

"And?" Ciel asked as Ash took a sip of his tea.

"He was an operative in the criminal underworld on a top secretive assignment for her majesty," Ash continued while you watched him in disdain. It seems like the Queen was seeking Ciel's help in this case as well, but from what you could remember, this was one of the episodes that revolved around Lau. Or that was what you could dimly remember. It had already been over a year since you had arrived in the dimension and even though you had been a fanatic of Black Butler before you had arrived, there were a few details that were beginning to slip from your memory. "Not unlike you Lord Phantomhive," Ash continued breaking you from your thoughts and you focused your attention on Ciel who looked up from the papers to the fallen angel. "Her majesty wishes for me to give you this," Ash stated as he pulled out a letter. "Find the thing he carried on his person and destroy it. That is all. Think you're up to it,"

"And his killer should I get rid of him too?" Ciel asked peculiarly.

"No, you've been given your order," Ash responded with a hardness in his voice making you grit your teeth at him. "Find this object and dispose of it." Ciel took the letter from him - one that you could only assume came from the Queen herself.

"Fine, just tell me what I should be looking for," he asked of Ash who only gave him a smile.

"Oh no that's a secret."

'If it's a secret then how would Ciel know what to look for and destroy,' you bitterly thought with a shake of your head. Sebastian noticed your action glancing over at you with an amused grin to which you sheepishly returned before focusing back on the conversation. Leave it to Sebastian to catch you doing something idiotic.

"Then how on earth am I supposed to find it?" Ciel asked Ash, using the letter opener to slice open the envelope, just as a loud clang resonated through the room. You jumped turning to look at Ash who had sliced a portion of his chocolate cake before picking it up with his fork. A short silence resonated throughout the room following this, until Ash leaned back in his chair.

"You're a loyal dog," he answered in a low, cold yet amused voice. "Even so her majesty hesitates to share this bit of information with you. And who are we to question any decision of hers?" His narrowed violet eyes shifted over to Ciel while Sebastian and you kept watching.

'And as this show goes on I find it harder to like the Queen,' you thought with a heavy sigh.

"I suggest you do not attempt to do any closer examination of the object at hand," Ash said. "Well, now that I have informed you of everything that her majesty wants you to know I'll be taking my leave. I'll be back if there is any other news. Take care."

That was the last of Ash, as the three of you showed him out and you watched as his carriage headed down the road, taking him further away from the manor. 'Well it's nice to see him leave,' you thought, sighing before closing the door to the manor and turning to face Ciel. "So I'm assuming that we'll be heading to the docks?" You asked him.

"Correct." Without having to say anything, Sebastian bowed down to Ciel, before heading out of the manor to fetch the carriage. Ciel didn't say anything about this simply turning his attention back to you, as his grim expression dropped off his face to be replaced by a worrisome one. "How have you've been feeling (Y/N)?"

"A lot better than I was a few weeks ago," you gently told him, giving him a small smile to show him that things were better than they had previously been. "I think that I can say that it's thanks to everyone here at the manor and my other friends as well. Thanks to you guys, things have gotten better." You grabbed his hand, pulling you towards him and wrapped your arms around him in a hug. Ciel made a small noise in surprise before he returned the gesture. "Thank you as well Ciel, for always being by my side when I'm at my lowest."

"Of course (Y/N). After all that you've done, I'll always be there for you." He pulled away from you, giving you a reassuring smile. "Now are you okay with heading out of the manor?" He knew that you had been previously uncomfortable with leaving the manor thus why you would hole yourself up in the manor and rarely leave. You hadn't been comfortable being around crowds of people, and had rather stay with the few close people that you knew.

"I'll be fine Ciel. Going away from the manor shouldn't be too difficult for me now," you informed him, finding yourself more comfortable with leaving from the manor. The unease that you had felt previously had left you.

"We should start heading then. I'm sure Sebastian has already brought the carriage around by now." He held his hand out to your surprise, but you gladly took it, letting him lead you outside the manor to the carriage that awaited. "We should stay focus on this newest case." He sighed while he helped you into the carriage, soon ordering Sebastian to drive. "I fear that there is going to be a lot of trouble with it."

The smell of sea water was heavy from where you walked with Ciel and Sebastian near the docks, the cries of seagulls resonating through the air followed by the crashing of the waves on the steep rocks below. A crowd had swarmed to the side of the dock, Scotland Yard inspectors gathered near the front of the crowd and you noticed that was the one near the body.

"That won't be necessary!" Ciel declared, responding to a remark making the inspectors glance over to where you stood with Ciel and Sebastian. "We know his identity. His name is John Stanley. Sebastian has the rest of his information." Sebastian headed over to the Scotland Yard inspectors handing over the envelope of John Stanley over to them. You watched as Inspector Arthur took the envelope from Sebastian taking out the papers that was stored in them.

"And what is your interest in this?" Arthur asked reading over the papers.

"Doing my civic duty and cooperating with the police," Ciel answered. "Isn't that what you always told me to do Sir Arthur?"

"Spare me the noble proclamation," Arthur stated, glancing up from the papers to look at Ciel with an irritated look on his face. "What is it that you want with this case? Out with it Phantomhive."

"If you prefer it that way, I'm happy to oblige. I need to see any belongings left on the victim," Ciel answered. Your gaze drifted down to the body, noticing that it was covered with a drape, preventing the public from seeing the state of the body. The public was held back by other inspectors of the Yard, preventing them from getting anywhere closer to the investigation site.

"Well, actually there were none," Abberline stated as all of your gazes turned down to look at the covered body. "Not even any identification papers."

"In that case I'm happy to be of service," Ciel stated. "Thank you inspector Abberline. Sebastian! (Y/N)!" With the call of your names, the two of you followed after Ciel who turned on his heels and headed back into the crowd. You followed him by his side, never looking back at the inspectors whose gazes you felt on your back. The crowd parted, allowing the three of you to head your way back to the carriage.

"No belongings," you murmured so that only Ciel could hear you.

He glanced over to you, a contemplating look on his face. "There's something unusual about this." His gaze glanced suspiciously throughout the crowd only to gesture for you to remain quiet. "We'll discuss this in the carriage. We don't know who may be listening." You nodded your head understanding his reason. There was a chance that someone could be listening in on your conversation. Perhaps even the murderer themselves. The carriage was nearby so it didn't take long for the three of you to reach it and climb in. Chibi Tanaka snapped the reins, forcing the horses forward along the dock, the still surface of the ocean passing by on your left.

"Is something wrong my lord? I must say you seem even more grave this afternoon." Sebastian asked Ciel upon noticing the concentrated look on his face. You glanced down at the younger boy from where you sat besides him, curious as to what he was thinking about.

"And I should look pleasant when investigating a murder?" Ciel asked, his head down and focused on his thoughts.

"You're far too modest sir. You misheard me. I would never say you don't look pleasant," Sebastian slyly said making you roll you eyes at his tone.

"This case just makes me a bit uneasy," Ciel explained, finally glancing up to look at both you and Sebastian.

"I'm not surprised," you started taking a moment to glance out the window then back at Ciel. "Something about it feels faux. It almost feels like we're being played. I don't think we have all the information needed for this case." Especially since Ash had come himself to deliver the message from the Queen himself. Whenever he was around there was always bound to be trouble. And just when you were hoping that Ciel would have a chance to rest and not have to worry about any duties from the Queen.

"First we need a better understanding of this situation," Ciel reasoned. "We need to know why Stanley was murdered. Was it simply that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

"Or maybe he was killed because he was working for the Queen," you added, growing lost in thought with how the conversation was going.

"Alright then, how do we go about gathering witnesses?" Sebastian asked

"We'll leave that part to the Yard," Ciel answered, glancing over to look at you. "If you want to know about Rome, you must ask a Roman. We know whose territory the murder was in."

"It was Lau's wasn't it?" You asked, fixing your attention onto Ciel's curiously. "From what I remember you telling me about different territories in London, this area was Lau's." You shifted in your seat, getting comfortable once more in your seat, your gaze swiveling around to look at both Ciel and Sebastian.

"Correct," Sebastian answered. "This is Lau's territory. Now what would be you're next coarse of action young master?"

"We will go visit Lau," was the only thing that Ciel said.

After redirecting Tanaka on where to go, the carriage began its pathway on heading to Lau's underground base. The carriage wheels clacked on the cobblestone street, heading towards Lau's hideout which was located near the docks of London. You were curious on what his hideout looked like. You had never been there, nor had Ciel ever brought you to the hideout, but you could only guess there was a reason to it. The carriage lurched to a stop outside a dark alleyway to which Ciel immediately stepped out, heading up to the building with you at his side. Sebastian walked behind the two of you only coming froward to open the door allowing Ciel and you to head inside. Immediately, your nostrils was filled with a heavy, almost putrescent odor that was deprived from the heavy smoke the coated the room in a hazy. You coughed as you headed further into the building, lifting your hand to cover your nose as if that would help to drive away the smoke. "This place is foul," Ciel noted as you three walked down the middle aisle, passing rows of people in beds smoking.

"I see you finally found your way to my humble place of business," a familiar voice humorously called and your attention focused on the other side of the room on to see a thick mist of smoke. "It feel so strange that we should meet under such questionable circumstances my young lord and yet inevitable don't you think? I must say I always knew it would come to this." The mist finally cleared, showing Lau seated on a couch surrounded by several female Chinese women - Ran-Mao being one of them.

"It might come to what?" Ciel asked irritably.

"Welcome to my humble house of pleasures darling earl," Lau greeted with a wave of his hand.

"If you're trying to push your wears forget it. The only thing you have that I want is information," Ciel sternly stated, watching the man.

"So impatient for such a young man. I know (Y/N) has a lot more patient than you usually do, maybe you should learn a little something from her," Lau pointed out, turning to look over in your direction with a wave of his hand. "It truly is nice to see you after all of this time (Y/N). It's been what a couple of months since we've last met. You're looking good."

"Ah, Lau. It's good to see you," you greeted to the Chinese nobleman a bit sheepish knowing that there were so many eyes watching you at the moment.

"Now Ciel, if you think I know something that will make it worth your while to venture so bravely into my Den of Sin, then you're quite right," Lau humored.

"So you already heard what happened then?" You asked him curiously. You wouldn't be too surprised if he did with the murder happening in his territory. Let's just hope that he actually knew information about the case.

"I'm sure you would," Ciel continued. "What more to expect from the head of the English Branch of the Chinese Trading Company. Who knew, much less from an officer of the Shanghai Mafia Green Gang."

"Oh dear, I never had cared for fancy titles such as that one," Lau bemusedly stated glancing over to the side. "They're so stiff and formal, don't you think so Ran-Mao?" He asked the said female who sat in his lap, reaching a hand out to to pull her chin closer toward him.

"I left you in charge of the dealings in this area for a reason," Ciel clarified. "So I assumed that you'd stay informed of any disputes that may occur in your territory."

"Naturally, as per your original instructions my lord. I can hardly forget about the protection fee I pay in order to be allowed to conduct my business," Lau stated. Right. You would sometimes forget that the people Ciel worked with and you knew dealt with the underworld market and illegal matters. "More importantly, I have something to ask you. What exactly are you talking about?" You sighed at his question, knowing that you should have been expected this as this was Lau's usual behavior. Then again with the seriousness of the case, he must have some knowledge on what was happening.

"The man is just talking through his hat it would seem," Sebastian commented.

"What do you say we go upstairs for a little chat?" Lau stood up from his seat, Ran-Mao standing up in response as he stepped closer to your small group. "It's a little bit stuffy in here don't you agree?" He crossed down from the platform he stood on passing past you and the others heading to the exit of the building.

"Perhaps if you found another source of income you wouldn't have that problem quite as often!" Ciel countered.

"One night, Zhuang Zhou dreamt he was a butterfly," Lau suddenly began to say. "He was a happily fluttering butterfly. There are people in this world who find reality a cruel and unforgiving place to live. I merely sell them dreams of a less painful existence. Come along it won't take long to head upstairs," Lau said gesturing for your group to follow after him. With a shared glanced with each other, Ciel and you followed out of the misty room, and up a set of stairs that led to the second story of the building.

"Do you think he actually knows whats happening?" Your quiet question was directed to Ciel who glanced over at you before glancing at Lau who walked ahead with Ran-Mao. The air up here was ten times clearer than it had been downstairs, no sour whiff of smoke floating along the hallways as Lau brought your group into a room.

"We can only hope so," he replied back once sitting down across from Lau.

"Let's see I suppose all the fights in the area have been about drugs," Lau stated, lost in thought as he remembered what had happened. "There's a new product that has appeared on the market. Somebody has been spreading it around town quite liberally for some time now. Frankly, it's becoming a bit of an inconvenience for me."

"A new product?"

"Yes. Apparently, its cheaper, more effective and more easy to transport than common opium," Lau answered. "It goes by the name of Lady Blanc."

"The white lady," you translated, thoughts quickly jumping to Angela. That had to be what the candies refer too. It was only likely that she was the reason for the spread in this drug.

"Do you know why it was given that name?" Ciel inquired.

"Is it important?"

This question made Ciel choke back, his gaze dropping down and his posture became a bit more reserved. "No."

"What was the name of the man they found at regions canal dock?" Lau asked. "Perhaps I will have heard of him." Sebastian immediately stepped forward, drawing a small slip of paper out of his coat pocket to hand to Lau.

"It was John Stanley," he answered. "I'm afraid that it was likely an alias, however."

Lau sighed after he had glanced over the picture. "Ah, sorry, but I've never seen this guy in a day of my life. And to think I've flattered myself that I knew all the small time drug pushers in the area. What about you? You recognize him?" He shows the paper to Ran-Mao who leaned behind him on the wooden bench only for her to shake her head to his question. "Well there you have it."

"I'm looking for something this man was carrying on his possesion," Ciel inputted, his arms crossed as he stared at Lau. "It's possible this something was the reason he was killed in cold blood which is why there is something I'd like for you to do for me."

"And what is that my dear Earl?"

"I want you to spread a rumor about me." You glanced over to Ciel curious with what he was going with this. "I want it to be known that I am in possesion of something valuable I took from the man who was murdered." Ah, so that was what he was planning on doing. Making it seemed that he was in possesion of something, so that whoever the murderer was, they would come for him which would allow him to solve the case.

"Darling that couldn't be easier," Lau stated. "And may I ask the reason to this?"

"If we spread the rumor far enough, the killer will most likely hear it and he will doubt the article that he stolen from John Stanley, then he will come after me with the real thing," he explained.

"Oh I see, you're using yourself as bait I see, clever thing you," Lau stated. "A courageous act indeed from the Queen's loyal guard dog." This immediately caught the attention of Ciel, who subtly flinched in his seat, his gaze focusing on Lau. "Speaking of which my lord I've always wanted to inquire about something. How is it that you remain so loyal to your lord and master?" You bristled at his question. It made it seemed that Ciel was a servant who would only serve the Queen, as if he was bound to the Queen for the rest of his life. But then again, it sorta did seem like that way. Once again you found yourself wishing that Ciel would get out of his duties serving the Queen, but you knew that would never happen. "It seems to me that she makes unreasonable demands of you."

"I doubt you would be able to understand it. You left your homeland for another one. If you never put down roots, you could never comprehend the depths of mine Lau," Ciel rebutted.

"You got me there," Lau bemusedly remarked.

"Well I'm assuming that is all that you have to tell me," Ciel stated to which Lau nodded his head in response. "And that is all that I have to ask of you. Well then, I will stay in touch and will let you know if anything happens."

"Well thanks for coming to my humble abode," Lau humored, watching as Ciel stood up from the seat, you following in response. "And it was good to see you (Y/N)," he added with a small wave to you.

"Ah you as well Lau, Ran-Mao." With a wave, you followed Ciel out of the room, Sebastian trailing after the two of you.

"Now all we have to do next is wait," Ciel remarked as you followed after him down the stairs and back to the carriage.

"Lady Blanc," Ciel thoughtfully said from where he sat on a green couch, Sebastian pouring tea into a teapot. After talking with Lau, the three of you had returned back to the Phantomhive Manor to discuss what Lau had informed you. "Sebastian. Do you think the drug is named after the woman in white from the last case?"

"The fallen angel? I'm convinced that she has something to do with this," you stated, taking a small dessert from the tray that was in front of you. "Lady Blanc, she's the only one I can think of when dealing with this."

"The two of you are quite like little lost puppies," Sebastian bemusedly mused as he continued to pour the tea before setting it down. "I may be one hell of a good playing piece, but I am still just a pawn in your game," Sebastian remarked to Ciel, glancing over at the said boy who sunk into the couch. "Would you ask a pawn for advice on strategy?"

Ciel irritatingly glanced up from where he was on the couch, his arm hung on the back of the couch while he slumped in the corner of the it. "I'm still alive which can only mean one thing my wish is unfulfilled and our contract is in full affect."

"Yes my lord that is true."

"In the mean while I will play the guard dog like the Queen request as we Phantomhive have before. As the Phantomhive heir, it is my duty to follow in the footsteps as my ancestors," Ciel declared. "Yes, just as it always have been. Nothing has changed at all." He was silent for a moment before glancing over to you making you flinch in surprise. "Except this feeling," he inputted while staring at you. You were about to ask what he was referring just as a wail resounded from outside the room. You were already on your feet to the hallway before Ciel and Sebastian had a chance to react, immediately recognizing the cry to be from Mey-Rin.

"Mey-Rin!" You called as you swung the door open to see the said maid on the ground, Pluto draped all across her seeming to be looking for something on her person. Both Finny and Baldroy were futilely doing their best to pry the demon hound off of her. "Pluto get off of Mey-Rin!" You exclaimed to the hound who simply ignored you.

"Pluto." Sebastian's cold commanding voice interrupted. "Kennel."

Pluto immediately darted down the stairs upon glancing up at Sebastian, you all watching him as he bounded away. "Are you alright Mey-Rin?" You asked, bending down to help the maid stand up as she brushed her uniform.

"Ah! Yes! Thanks for the help you all," she said, flusteringly glancing around. "I wonder what all that was about?"

"Maybe there was something in your pocket that he wanted," you guessed, your answer catching Mey-Rin's attention. She dug into her pocket, pulling out two candy pieces wrapped in the pink wrappers of the Phantomhive candy logo. You leaned over, studying the candy just as she gave one to you.

"Oh that's it. You got one of those Phantom candy on you," Bard noted and Mey-Rin glanced over at him.

"Forgot about this. The nice lady gave this to me, yes she did," Mey-Rin said. "Said they're becoming all the rage in London."

"But we said we've never tried them," Finny said as he reached into his own pockets, pulling out two pieces of candy he must have also received. "She insisted that we tried them. She was a really nice lady, right Mey-Rin? Apparently, they're so good even the dogs can't get enough. And they make you feel wonderful all over."

"She said they're addicting," Mey-Rin added.

"The way the lady describes it makes it sound like they're drugs," you inputted worriedly, thinking that it was best if neither of them ate the candy.

"Wait!" Tanaka exclaimed, walking over to take the candy from Mey-Rin. You watched as he unwrapped it, examining the candy. "Lord Phantomhive, I think it is fairly safe to say these sweets were not made by the Phantomhive Company. This wrapper is genuine, but our quality control is not to laid-back to produce a candy so unshapely. I guarantee you that my lord." You all watched as he picked up the candy, bringing it to his mouth so that he could lick it. "This is-" Air suddenly left Tanaka as he shrunk down to his chibi size to everyone's surprise.

"Ah! It seems he's run out of time!" Finny exclaimed.

Sebastian picked up the dropped candy, bringing it to his face so that he could smell it. "Some kind of narcotic. I believe it is derived from opium, perhaps further refined. I believe this is the new drug, Mr. Lau was talking about earlier."

"We found Lady Blanc," Ciel remarked.

"This is bad," you stated causing everyone to look at you. "If the drug was found in the Phantomhive candy product, then authorities will think that it is you who is distributing it. Ciel, things can get bad pretty quickly if things don't get resolved." You didn't want anything bad to happen Ciel, you cared to much about him to something troubling happen to him. It was clear that someone was setting him up, Whether it was Lau or Ash, you would do all that you could to protect him.

"Sebastian go fetch the carriage!" Ciel demanded to which the butler bowed in response.

"And where too my Lord?" Sebastian asked.

"We're going to the sweets factory!" Ciel demanded, gesturing for you to follow him. "I have to see what is happening over there!"

"Take care (Y/N)," Finny suddenly exclaimed to you, making you turn and look at the gardener in time to see the worry that flashed in his eyes. "Be safe."

You were quiet for a moment before giving him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry Finny, I'll be fine, just wait for me okay. I'll be back soon you all," you inputted, expanding your response to include Bard and Mey-Rin. With a wave of your hand, you turned, following after Ciel and Sebastian who was already halfway down the stairs. You sighed already knowing that the next events was going to be troublesome.

"Get me to the sweets factory! And quickly!" Ciel exclaimed to Sebastian, who directed the carriage down along the docks racing toward the Phantomhive sweets factory. You sat on the opposite of him, your gaze focused outside the windows, staring out into the dead of the night. The sun had fallen ages ago once you had left the Phantomhive Manor and Ciel had been focused on making it to the sweets factory to resolve the issue.

"Ciel we'll get to the bottom of this," you informed the boy upon seeing the disturbed look on his face.

"I'm certain that we will, but I'm just worried that there will be trouble for me if we don't get there in time," he sighed, finally glancing up to look at you. Worried for the said boy, you stood up from your seat, wobbly heading over to sit next to him.

"Hey, I'm here for you," you told him, placing a hand over his, the action causing him to flinch, but nonetheless, he gave you a small smile.

"And I thank you for this (Y/N)," he said gently, fully wrapping your hand with his own and giving it a small squeeze. "I wouldn't know where I'd be if you weren't here."

The carriage suddenly lurched forward, throwing you from your seat, but you made sure that Ciel was alright before righting yourself up. "What the devil was that?!" Ciel exclaimed, promptly standing from his seat irritated. You heard talking coming from outside the carriage, recognizing Sebastian's voice just before glancing over to see Ciel throw the carriage door open. "What goes on out there Sebastian?"

You peered over his shoulder to see the carriage surrounded by Scotland Yard officers, Abberline at the front having been the one who had stopped the carriage. "Please step down. You are under arrest in the name of her majesty for violating the pharmacy act."

"Allow me master," Sebastian suddenly said, stepping down from the coach to open the door of the carriage, allowing Ciel and you to step down the the dirty street of London.

"So, you would dare to detain me," Ciel coldly announced. "You have any idea the magnitude of the insult you offer to the house of my family and you an untitled, lowly police inspector no less."

"I'm afraid that's correct Ciel," Abberline announced. "You are suspected of collaborating with that drug pusher Lau. We know that you've been distributing a new form of narcotic."

'But it hasn't been him that has been doing this! He's being set up!'

"With Lau?" Ciel questioned before giving an amused chuckled. "That's just ridiculous. "I'll admit that I have been using him as a pawn for some time now, but Randall knew full well that he was operating an opium den, yet he's never said a word. If that's a problem then arrest Lau, he knows I would never protect him. Lau runs his business at his own risk and by his own hand."

"You run a warehouse yes? Down at the docks?" Abberline asked and you closely watched him, growing a suspicion with what he was about to say. "That's where we found it," He continued after getting Ciel's answer. "A large hidden stash of the opium known as Lady Blanc. Far to many to be considered of recreational use, some of it already in Phantomhive wrappers."

You took a step forward, wanting to say something against the accusations he was clearly stating, but an arm reach out to pull you back and you glanced up to see Sebastian giving you a warning look. You bit your lip, stepping back as you allowed Ciel to take the brute of the inspectors words.

"And Lau?"

"He's on the run. The team we sent after him suffered great casualties," Abberline answered. "That's practically saying that he was guilty."

"What would you have me do my lord?" Sebastian asked, turning to face Ciel.

A thoughtful look crossed Ciel's face as he glanced down. "Sebastian my orders-"

"Shut your mouth now! You brat!"

At the exclamation, you turned to look past the Scotland Yard officers to see a figure approaching your group from the shadows of the night. As the figure stepped into the light of a lamp post, you recognized them to be Arthur Randall, but your blood soon ran cold upon noticing the gun that he carried. Promptly, you took a small step in front of Ciel once you had noticed that the gun was directed toward him. Randall was probably itching to shoot Ciel especially since you knew how much the younger kid irritated him.

"Abberline, I thought I told you. You were to separate the boy from his butler," Randall stated as he passed the other inspectors heading up to where Abberline was.

"Randall, I wonder if you choose to point a gun at me knowing what it means to do so," Ciel warned.

"Well if you want to resist be my guest sir, but I assure you that would be the end of the Phantomhive name, sullied as it is by now. Perhaps that's for the best," Randall threatened, taking you aback, but nevertheless you continued to glare at him.

"You wouldn't dare," Ciel protested.

"My orders come directly from the Queen's representative and he made her majesty's intent quite clear," Randall explained. Of course Ash and the Queen would be behind this. "Ciel Phantomhive you are under arrest in her majesty's name and I do by here suspend all of your privileges and authority. If you defy the law in this matter you should be stripped of your title for high treason. Furthermore, the man known to the state as Lau, Opium smuggler and head of the English branch of Kunlun shall be similarly executed for his crimes against the crown. Lord Phantomhive, will you confess to acknowledgement of Lau's whereabouts or the whereabouts of the letter we know you have concealed."

"I'm afraid, I can tell you nothing," he said slowly and you knew that he was thinking about what Randall had said.

"Hah, I should very much like to push you on that bit of evasion," Randall stated, continuing to hold the gun at Ciel. "Sadly her majesty forbids torturing a peer of the realm. However." Your body froze upon watching his gaze drift over toward Sebastian and you. "There are no such rules about butlers or maids."

"Arrest them!" Randall exclaimed, pointing toward your group of three.

"Wait what! Like hell I'm letting you!" You exclaimed, taking a stance in front of Ciel only for him to grab onto your arm, preventing you from stepping forward. You quickly glance back at him, his blue eye staring intently into your own, softening a bit.

"Offer no resistant (Y/N), Sebastian," Ciel stated before releasing your arm. "It'll be okay (Y/N)." He focused on Sebastian, the demon butler standing to attention at his master's gaze. "Sebastian, when the time is right I'll call for you and then we'll show them what becomes of those who humiliate me. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my lord."

"But..."

"Things will get resolved eventually (Y/N)," Ciel told you as you watched as a few inspectors handcuffed him, only to be dragged back yourself as you were handcuffed alongside Sebastian. You shot a worried expression at Ciel as you were pushed past him with Sebastian, two inspectors dragging you away from the scene and you shot a glance over your shoulder to see Ciel being led away. 'Good luck Ciel,' you thought as the inspectors took you away. It wasn't long until you noticed a shady building nearing in the direction the inspectors pushed you in.

"Sebastian," you breathed, glancing over to the demon butler who walked next to you. "I think they're really going to torture us." Fear was evident in your tone while an inspector pushed you past a doorway that stretched into a long staircase that led down to the basement.

Sebastian's gaze shifted to glance back at you, but you couldn't see the concern that was on his face. "Do not worry, I won't let anything happen to you," he stated, just as the two of you reached the bottom of the stairs, entering a room that was filled with countless torture chambers and equipment. "For I am simply one hell of a mentor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 3.4K 18
Hey guys! So this story is about black butler and well it's a very twisting story , you are going to love it! Anyways, it's the reader goes to the wo...
129K 4K 27
I turned the letter over in my hand, I hadn't seen my dear sister, Cecilia, since the fire, the doctors weren't sure she'd make it and she'd spent th...
17.2K 994 47
The third book in the series The Queen's Lion. The Queen's Lion and The Queen's Lion: Disciplined can be found on my page and are needed to understan...
989K 38.1K 63
When home alone, Y/N has a strange encounter with a man claiming to be a television god, who grants her the ability to enter her favorite show, Black...