The Heart Behind Those Glasses

By purrpleamethyst

Angela Winters is just your regular high school nerd, a book lover, hates parties you name it. But then her w... More

The Heart Behind Those Glasses
Cast
01- I Came Straight Out of "Nerd Land"
02- You Really Like Romance
03- Doing Something Like A Normal Teenager
04- Your Girlfriend Is Really Bossy
05- I Knew You Guys Were Dating
06- You're Such A Cute Couple
07- Your Eyes Twinkle Brighter Than The Stars
08- Well Hello There, Gorgeous
09- Don't Tell Me You Already Miss Me
10- It'll Ruin Your Pretty Face
11- Hi Hazel. Miss Me?
12- What Did I Get Myself Into?
13- Would You Like To Go With Me?
14- Are You Really Paralyzed By Fear?
15- Deep And Masculine
16- Nasty Diseases On My Precious Hand
17- Are You On Your Period?
18- She Had A Superpower Which Was To Sniff Out Cookies
19- And You'll Be The Devil
20- Red as Blood or Ketchup or Tomatoes or Red Paint or a Rose
22- I Want To Be Your Boyfriend
23- I'm Actually Being Stupid Right Now
24- You've Got Fine Written All Over You
25- The Sweet Taste Of Karma
26- Wow. I Just Did That.
27- Can We Eat The Cake Now?
28- About To Yell Witchcraft

21- Dressed As An Angel

1.3K 65 9
By purrpleamethyst

21- Dressed As An Angel

"So.." I started trying to make a conversation. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." Was his simple reply.

"Ok, then." I then reached for the radio. "Can I?"

He glanced over at me and nodded. I changed it to my favorite station where they were currently playing 'Treat You Better'.

"You like this song?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nodded humming along to it

"Cool."

This was awkward, was it just me? Why was it always awkward? Was I the one making it awkward?

♡♡♡

"Here we are." He said stopping the car.

I looked out to see that we were at the froyo and Ice cream shop that was on the outskirts of town.

"Omg. I love this place." I exclaimed.

He chuckled, "Glad you like it. Now come out of the car so we can order something and talk."

"About?"

"Whatever you want."

I only wanted to talk about how I magically gained feelings for him out of nowhere.

But I obviously was going to do that because let's be real there's no way on earth that he would ever have feelings for me. Not even a tiny bit.

"Hello? Hazel?" He waved his hand in front of my face and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Oh good, I lost you for a second there."

"Sorry. Let's go." I said turning a red a bit.

He chuckled and exited the car and I did the same.

♡♡♡

We entered the little shop and went straight up to the counter.

"Hi, can I get chocolate ice cream?" He asked.

"Of course." Said the boy behind the counter, whose name tag read 'Eddie'. "And the lady?"

"Um, I'll have strawberry with caramel syrup, please," I told him. 

♡♡♡

We sat down at a booth quietly and I worked on devouring my ice cream. I heard a chuckle and raised my head to find Alex looking at me and trying to keep in his laughter.

"What?"

"It's cute how you're so focused on the ice cream," he replied.

I felt my face burn up. "Shut up," I muttered.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Are you okay? Do you have a fever or something? Your face is red." He placed the back of his palm on my forehead with a smirk.

"I'm fine," I told him rolling my eyes knowing he was joking around.

"You're coming to the Halloween party this week right?" he said bringing up our conversation from over the weekend.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"And you'll be dressed as an angel right?" he asked.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Ok, good."

♡♡♡

It was the day of the party that everyone had been so excited about this whole week, it had better be as good as it was being hyped up about.

I was currently waiting for Alex to get her and dressed as an angel, as promised. If I was the only one dressing up I would honestly kill Alex.

A honk outside snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up to find Alex in his car grinning at him while wearing devil ears. I smiled, at least I wouldn't be alone if everyone else decided to bail.

"Hey Hazel, get in," he said. I stood up from the chair on the porch that I was sitting on. He looked at me for a second before his lips turned into a massive grin. "Should I call you Angel instead?"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the smile that was forcing its way onto my lips. "Should I call you the devil?" I joked.

"Ok, point taken." He said, "Now, are you ready for the time of your life?" He asked.

"Sure, let's see if it's as amazing as you claim it is," I said.

♡♡♡

We arrived at a large house, there were teenagers dressed in costumes there were some wearing casual clothes. The music was so loud I was surprised that the neighbors hadn't called the police. There were so many people, I was pretty sure more than half of them were not from our school.

"C'mon Hazel, let's go say hi." He said pointing towards a little group of people which consisted of Roxy, Mia, Ethan, Chase, and a few of Alex's other friends.

"Angela!" Roxy exclaimed as we approached the group. "I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

I laughed, apologizing, "Sorry, I was waiting for Alex to come to pick me up." 

We walked in and was immediately greeted by the burning smell of alcohol and the sight of many teenagers grinding on each other. I wrinkled my nose at the smell and Alex chuckled.

"It's not that bad, Hazel. Loosen up and have some fun." He encouraged but I shook my head. "Alright, it's up to you."

So we just stood in a corner watching everyone else have fun.

"Ok, Hazel, that's it. Let's dance. You need to learn how to have some fun." he said taking my hand in his and led me to the middle of the room.

"But I don't know how to dance," I complained.

"So, it doesn't matter. I brought you here to have fun no to sulk in a corner," he said seriously.

"OK, but don't laugh." 

"Promise."

I started my stupid dance and Alex joined me, we both started laughing due to how stupid we look and I realized I was actually having fun. I grinned as I watched him do the robot and tried to imitate him.

♡♡♡

It had been almost an hour and I was actually having fun with Alex, we had danced, played games with some random people and stole all the cookies that were available. We were currently sitting in a corner and laughing at people who were drunk out of their minds.

"Oh my god, look at him." I pointed at a boy who was trying to walk in a straight line but kept wobbling and falling to the side due to how intoxicated he was. We both started laughing again.

He laid his head on my shoulder and I rested my head on his. "So, are you having fun, Hazel?"

"Mhm, making fun of people is definitely better than staying at home and reading," I said and he chuckled.

"That's good, then you should come to parties with me more often."

"Hell nah," I replied and he started laughing again. "I need to use the bathroom, do you know where it is?" I got up from my sitting position on the couch.

"Mhm, it's upstairs third door to the left," he said.

"Ok, thanks," I replied.

"Want me to show you the way?" he asked.

"No thanks, I'm pretty sure I can get it myself."

"Ok, I'll be right here," he said.

I followed Alex's direction and knocked on the door to make sure no one was in there. When I got no response I opened the door but froze when I felt someone's hand on my waist. I turned around quickly and was facing a boy with brown hair, a sick grin, and was clearly intoxicated. 

"Let go of me," I said trying to pry his hand off me.

"Hey, pretty thing. Wanna get out of here?" He asked, his breath stunk of alcohol and I felt my eyes water from the foul stench.

"I said let go of me!" I yelled. 

"C'mon Angel. Don't be shy," he said.

"LET ME GO!" I said pushing his chest hoping to at least push him a little when that failed I began to scream at the top of my lungs hoping someone would hear me over the loud music. He quickly placed his other palm over my mouth and I bit it.

"You bitch!" he cursed raising his hand to hit me. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the impact but it never came.

"She said to let go of her." Was the last thing I heard before someone punched him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? Who do you think saved her? 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if so don't forget to give it a vote ⭐and don't forget to stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 22.5K 38
When Adriana Layman first saw Jake Collins in freshman year it was love at first sight. Now its senior year and Adriana realizes she might leave high...
1.5M 46K 43
*NOT A FANFIC* Abigail Simmons and her twin brother, Tony, moves schools for their last year. Why? Well, let's just say one of them got kicked out o...
482 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...
2.2M 85.1K 80
Book 1 of the Badboys' Series (CAN BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE) Shelly Anderson is an average student enduring a normal high-school life. Max Jackson i...