Time Tells All (Book 4)

By kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... More

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Bahamas
Alive
Proposition
Information
The Knock
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Death
Torture
Clean Up
Free
Moving On
Heart Broken
Epilogue
Amanda's Story
Update

Solitude

1.4K 60 12
By kthaler

Kelly’s Point of View

            Robbins and I had arrived at the hotel less than a half an hour later. My mind was still spinning from everything that had happened. I wasn’t prepared for any of it. It reminded me of something though. I remembered all the people I’ve lost in my life in the past three years and how unexpected they all were. No one my age, or any age for that matter shouldn’t have to experience so much death in their lives. Don’t get me wrong, I was shocked from the death, but it didn’t have me sobbing in a corner hiding from the cruel world we live in.

            It’s sickening to believe that I’ve come accustom to death and that I’m not breaking down when it happens. It’s like I’m immune to feel sorrow for someone’s death. Sure, I’ve cried and hurt some, but I mainly free numb inside. I refused to let myself cry, but even if I did, I don’t think I’d be able too.

            I was now staring at myself in the bathroom mirror while the water for my shower got warm. I looked into my eyes no longer seeing the joyful, bright blue. Instead, all I saw was dull, lifeless gray, stained with bloodshot coloring from the lack of sleep from today. My hair was flat and colorless in my vision and the dirt and tangles weren’t helping how I saw myself. My face was stained with blue and black from bruises given to me by Kayden. There were tiny cuts running along my face and neck and all over my arms and legs from when I was in the woods.

            I wasn’t sure if this was depression, or being in shock from today’s events but I truly felt like nothing. I was scared of what would come later in life for mean and now that Kayden would be gone, I had nothing to worry about, right? I shook my head knowing I was lying to myself. I’d always worry; the terrible memories of the past three years would haunt me every single day of my life. I’d jump at every shadow, cringe at every noise made, always looking over my shoulder. It would never end; I’m going to be living in a constant circle of fear. It was never going to be over.

            I stepped into the shower, rising away the blood and dirt that covered me. I watched as a pool of reddish brown covered the bottom of the shower, slowly draining away until the water was clear once again. I washed my hair and scrubbed my body until I was sure that I was clean from head to toe. And once I was done, I had to admit I felt a thousand times better. Judging by the amount of steam in the bathroom, I’d been in the shower for at least an hour. If only my memories could wash down the drain with the water.

            I got dressed with the clothes Robbins had brought for me and dried my hair, wanting to see myself look decent again and add some color to myself. I looked at myself again in the mirror, happy to see my bright blonde hair, looking the best it had in days and my eyes were now a bright blue, looking better after a nice hot shower to relax them. Besides the lingering bruises, cuts and memories, I was alright for now.

            I walked out of the bathroom to see Robbins sitting on the bed, a pizza box in front of her and the television on. When she heard me open the door she smiled at me, and said, “I figured you’d be hungry.”

            A loud growl from my stomach confirmed her assumption. I gladly took some pizza and wolfed it down like I’d never eaten before. Kayden hadn’t given me much to eat so I was thankful that Robbins had gotten food for me. I don’t think I’ve eaten today actually, which is probably why I nearly ate an entire pizza. Robbins and I remained quiet while we ate and I was thankful for that because I wasn’t in the mood to talk yet. After I ate, I hadn’t realized that I’d fallen asleep until everything seemed to fade away.

            Everything around me was white. I was trapped inside a white room, with only a door. The white ceramic tiles surrounded me, seeming to enclose me. I felt like I was in some mental hospital where there were cameras watching my every move. Maybe I was crazy and I don’t remember how I got here. Had all the suffering finally took its toll? I walked over to the door and when I tried to open it, nothing happened. I was locked inside.

            “Kelly.” A voice echoed, causing me to jump.

            I whirled around to find nothing in the room. I stared at the walls, wondering where I heard my name. I know I had heard it but from where? I started to shout for help but it never came. Then my name was whispered once again. And then the whisper became a soft tone. And then a normal voice. I covered my ears as my name was being shrieked from an unknown person. I sank to my knees, covering my ears so I would no longer hear the shrilling voice, but that didn’t work. The voice began to get louder and louder, saying only my name. Tears rolled down my cheeks as the torture consumed me.

            I wanted to get out of the room, but there was no way out. What was I supposed to do? Who was doing this to me and why? Suddenly, the voice stopped, leaving me in my endless silence. I rose to my feet only to be startled when gruesome images started to appear on the walls. As I started at the pictures, I realized they were of the dead bodies of my loved ones. My parents. Maddie. Ethan. Brooke. My aunt and uncle. Everyone who I’d seen die or I’d known when they died were on the walls, their bloodied corpses bringing up the memories burned into my mind. Gary, Dole, Marcus, and Russell were all on the walls as well, but there was one person missing. Kayden.

            I hadn’t realized the door in the room had opened until I felt a hand touch my shoulder, causing me to scream and whirl around, ready to attack whoever had startled me. Standing before me was the one and only Kayden. I wondered where he had been since he wasn’t on the walls and he’d be dead when Kyle was through with him. Kayden wore a white lab coat, and surprisingly looked harmless, but I knew that was never true.  

            “Hello, are you ready for more testing?” He asked, smirking as he looked down at me, since he had always towered over me.  

            “What are you talking about?” I asked, trying not to allow my voice to stutter.

            Instead of answering my question, he grabbed me by the arm and started to yank me out of the room. I wasn’t sure where I was and that terrified me. I tried to fight back but he was too strong for me and for some reason I felt weak. I was pushed down an endless pure white hallway, until we approached a large metal door. I was shoved inside the dark room and once the door shut and locked behind us, the lights slowly flicked on.

            Once my eyes adjusted to the blinding light, I realized there were three people in the room, tied down to chairs, all unconscious for the time being. Kayden held me back as I tried to run to them when I realized who they were. Sitting in the first chair with blood dripping down his face was Kyle, who’d I didn’t think I cared so much for until now. In the second chair was the one person who had taken care of me when I needed her. Robbins was covered in dried blood and bruises. Then the person in the last chair was barely recognizable, but I would remember his face anywhere.

            Landon sat in the last chair, his face swollen and covered in blood. Tears filled my eyes when I saw him. I hadn’t given him much thought lately, and I wondered how I’d ever forgotten to think about him. I’d probably just wanted to forget the pain of faking my death and leaving him. Seeing him in pain broke my heart.     

            “If you think it’s over once I’m gone, you’re crazy. I’ll always be with you, whether you want it or not. I’ll make sure you remember me when I put you to the ultimate test. Isolation.” Kayden chuckled, as he threw me to the ground, pulling out a needle.

            He shoved it into my arm, and I let out a yelp of pain. Once the clear liquid entered my body, I started to feel sick to my stomach. That’s when the numbness came and took over. My eyes widened when I realized I couldn’t move. I was slumped up against the wall, barely able to sit up straight. I tried to speak but was unable to.

            “Don’t worry it’s only temporary.” Kayden grinned.

            I watched in horror and total helplessness as Kayden walked over to Kyle, laughing as he whispered something in his ear. Kyle’s face was emotionless, but I knew he was scared deep down. I tried to move so I could help but that was impossible. Tears ran down my cheeks when Kayden pulled out a knife and slit Kyle’s throat, warm blood gushing from his neck.

            “One down, two more to go. I’ll make this quick for them.” Kayden said.

            He pulled out another syringe and jammed it into Robbins chest, just barely missing her heart. I knew he did that on purpose so that she’d suffer and not die right away from whatever liquid was in the needle. I watched in terror as Robbins shook violently, almost coming out of her ropes that were chaining her down. White form came out of her mouth and I listened to her gag and gasp for air before finally going limp.  

            I tried to scream but couldn’t. I pleaded with my eyes for Kayden to leave Landon alone. I cried and sobbed quietly since the ability to make noise was nearly impossible. Kayden laughed loudly as he pulled out his gun and twirled it around in his hand. Then without any warning, Kayden shot Landon killing him instantly. Tears were cascading down my cheeks and I desperately wanted to move, but remained slumped against the wall.

            “Now, I’m going to let you go life the pathetic, lonely life. And if you become close with anyone, I’ll kill them. Have fun in a life of solitude.” Kayden threatened, before fading into blackness.

            My eyes shot open, my breathing was rapid and sweat covered my forehead. I flailed my arms and legs, forgetting that I was able to move and that it was just a nightmare. Tears covered my face still and I could remember the dream so vividly that it terrified me. Robbins was nowhere to be seen, which worried me. What if it wasn’t a dream and I was really living my life of solitude? Then hotel door opened and I sighed with relief when Robbins walked in.

            “Hey, I’m sorry I was just making a phone call. How was your nap? You looked exhausted.” She spoke but when she looked up at me, she instantly started to panic.

            “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” She questioned, scanning the room for any signs of threats.

            “Yeah, just a nightmare.” I answered briefly.

            I glanced at the clock and it read five in the evening. I’d slept for a few hours which I guess was needed because I did feel a better. I felt well enough to tell Robbins everything that happened. At the end of the conversation, we were both in tears and Robbins held me in her arms, comforting me the best she could.

            “Everything is going to be fine now, I promise.” She whispered in my ear.

            And I truly did believe her. I’d had a rough few years but you have to have the rough days in order to have great days. Since I had already hit rock bottom, I knew there was no where else to go but up. This was going to be the day when things got better, when I wouldn’t have to worry about being kidnapped or someone else in my life dying. I sat with Robbins and waited for Kyle, he’d be back soon and all the loose ends would be taken care of. Hopefully, I’d never have to live a life of solitude.

First off I'd like to remind everyone about my contest, read the author's note for the last chapter for deatails. You have until December 5th to comment your chapter. You can also comment on this chapter your scene you want, i'll check both for the contest. And yes, you can have up to two scenes if you can't pick :)

Anyways, what did you think of this chapter? What did you think about her dream? Please comment what you thought!!! I am planning on having only a four or five more chapter's until the end!!!! I'm so excited :)

This chapter's dedication goes to @tigerannpellerin. Thanks for those who already commented for the contest!!! And please encourage others to do so. I'll try and update on December 5th when the conest ends, but it may be the day after, i'm not sure. Until then, hope you enjoyed this update!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 23 110
What happens when betrayal mars innocent hearts in love? What happens when innocence is destroyed and a monster is created? What happens when judgeme...
24K 585 14
WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS GORE, TORTURE AND RAPE. Aleks has been kidnapped and tortured. Thankfully however he meets some guys in t...
3K 102 12
A one-shot book filled with different stories about Kidnapping, brother moments and more, read to find out what else awaits you.
738 21 7
Here's an extremely cringy book I write awhile go! (*cries* don't judge me, okie? I was like 15 when I wrote this!) Warning! Read at your own risk...