one last chance

By kristine421k

dorky buffy spike fan fiction. Buffy is still trying to find her place two years after Sunnydale. Spike, fini... More

Chpt 2
chpt 3
chpt 4
chapter five
chapter six
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
chapter ten
Chapter Eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chpt 19
chpt 20
chpt 21

Buffy/Spike fan fiction

3.9K 55 19
By kristine421k

ok so this is some really dorky buffy/spike fan fiction. or aka i have no life so i watched the entire series in less than a month and didnt love the ending. well i loved the ending but i hate in shows how theres never a happy ending. i mean i get the whole sexual tension biulding up thing that the writers do. if it isnt there people get board. but in the end i'd love it if just once everyone got a happy ending. just saying. and sense spike comes back in angel season 5 (yes i'm a dork/nerd/geek/what ever you call it) i decided to write a happy ending for them. (in case your wondering my idea for angel is that he found away to permenatly keep his soul or he eventually gained back his humanity i havent watched the whole series of angel so i'm kinda talking alot of artistic liberties here with him. i havent decided how much i want him in this story yet so i dont know exactly where i have him right now, he might die. either way i have put it in my mind that the one fore telling came true and he turned human but kept his vamp abilities (strenght fast healing endurance) is all good with his kid in love with cordilia and happy. i'm fairly positvie they are with the other scoobies recruiting. i didnt want to bother with him to much cuz frankly as tall dark and sexy as i find his character it was time for them to move on, long past. again i'm only on season 3 of angel so lots of artistic liberties. i only know spike came back cuz of wikipidia.) this story takes place in england about two years after the end of buffy season seven or about a year after angel season five. it starts in england where giles and buffy have started a training center for new slayers and are trying to reform the whole slayer/watcher system. the new system is new slayers are sent to england to train. some (whose families are less understanding) are on "exchange trips" for others their families know whats going on. because all of the watchers were killed new ones are being recruited. these are kids who've seen the weird stuff go on. Xander, Willow and Kennedy (still her girlfriend) along with andrew along with the newly made slayers in the last episode of buffy to find and recruit the new slayers and watchers. the eventual plan for the system is that upon being called each new slayer will be paired with a young watcher (new slayers called arround 16 with the watcher generally being 18, they are statoined when the slayer has had two years of training). the idea is that the slayer and watcher will work together untill the slayer feels its her time to be done. than the pair will take over the training of a new watcher/slayer pair. this is to prevent as many slayer deaths as possible, because as spike says that the slayer dies when she as a death wish. when she wants to be done. the goal is to have an active slayer and watcher duo stationed in major global city and as many others in possible. right now there are watcher bases set up in both england and america (londen and clevelend ohio) Faith and Robin Wood are in charge of the the ohio base. not all american slayers go there however, just as not all European slayers go to england. they go where ever they are needed at the time. i think thats everything this exceedingly long prolouge has been meant to say... oh please comment with ideas and all that jazz. but major please on the comments. i love hearing what pple think the good bad and all that other jazz.. oh ps i will do things to the charaters that might be out of step for them, as in i wont change anything that happened but i will let the charters grow and change as i see fit. pps, i'm not going off the comic season eight, i havent had time to find and read it, think of this as a book season eight or an alternate season eight that has nothing to do with the published comic book.

CHAPTER ONE LONDON ENGLAND JULY 2005

Giles's office at the Watchers Base

"Buffy I spoke to the coven today," Rupert Giles looked up at Buffy Summers who was leaned against the door way. 

"Yeah, what did the coven have to say? Another new girl? The coven is so much better than the council... can we hire them for good?" Buffy twirled a short dagger in her hand. After throwing it in the air and catching it she turned to her mentor father figure and friend, "Just a thought"

"Be happy they give us these tidbits when the do. If it wasn't for them we would be much farther from having a decent system in place for finding the new girls. As it is our system is shoding enough. Hit and miss everytime! Oh and yes they did find another girl. She's in Texas."

"Thats Faith's area, whats the deal? She need back up?"

"Well yes, Robin is in Colorado installing a girl and her watcher, and Faith is swamped, she got six new girls in the past two months, Willow is in Brazil with Kennedy, looking for a new girl and researching some new magics, Xander is in Asia trying to make contacts with some monks who might be able to help with our location problem. You have to go."

Buffy sighed. She didn't mind training the new girls, Dawn and Giles took care of the new watchers, but going and getting the new girls wasn't her thing. 

"What about Angel or Cordy or even Connor? What are they up to now a days? Can't they do it? I hate the jet lag, cant they go make nicey with the new slayer."

"Yes thats all you hate. Buffy you know Angel and Cordilia are tying up affairs in L.A. they wont be on board for a few months. And unless you've heard from Spike he's been as how you say AWOL for several months now. You have to go Buffy."

At Spikes name Buffy stopped playing with the knife.  "Giles you know he hasnt talked to me. I didnt even know he was alive until Angel called asking if we had seen him. Where ever he is he hasn't bothered to tell me. And fine, I'll go."

Finding out Spike was back was the hardest blow after the final Sunnydale battle. She had believed him dead for over a year and Angel calling had shattered that. She knew Spike had made his choice and he was responsible for saving them all but she still didnt know how to handle him being alive. She also knew as much as she hated to go find the new girls it was up to her. Giles couldn't be spared and all of the other teams were to young or stationed already. besides it was generally best to have one of the originals go. 

"Of course you will. The girls will be fine for a few days. By the way, I want to talk to you about Dawn."

"What about Dawn? Oh does she have the family info for me? I should leave tonight."

"You have to place her soon Buffy. Give her a Slayer. You keep insisting on holding her back. Remember what she did in Sunnydale?"

"Of course I remember Sunnydale Giles but come on Dawn's only..."

"Nineteen Buffy, she needs something more. She's getting restless. You have to let her loose. I have an idea. Take her with you. If her and this new girl... Anne get along well, assign Dawn to her. She's already got the family information ready for you. Talk to her Buffy. Ask her if she's interested."

"Fine, I'll go make nicey with my sister and the new girl." Flipping the dagger one last time Buffy left the main office to go find her sister.

Dawn Summers sat in the library surrounded by books. Walking in Buffy stopped and leaned in the door way. Dawn had grown up alot sense their mother died four years ago. Often times Buffy stopped and tried to remind herself that her sister was growing up. She also had to remind herself that she herself was called as a Slayer at fifteen. 

"Hey Donny, whatcha got for me." she asked.

"Did you know that the demon Ikthyia appeared to saliors as a naked woman. She would than drown them and slowly eat them, flesh first...." 

"No, no, no Donny ew, I meant about the new girl. what do you have for me?"

"Oh her!" Dawn pushed some books aside and grabbed a plain file folder with the name Anne Sweeny writen along the top, "She's seventeen years old, lives in Austin Texas, only child, parents divorced. Oh she'll be an easy one. Her mother is a Wicca, practicing to it seems. I'd talk to the daughter alone first than tag team the mom. Ok more about Anne, good student, quiet or so her schools counler commented in her file. Kind of a loner but friendly."

"Dawn I want you to come with me on this one."

Not hearing her older sister Dawn continued to go though her information on Anne, "her math teacher said that she's a natural with numbers and her history teacher comments on how she seems to remember dates with out trying and... wait a sec. You want me to come with?"

"Well I talked to Giles and he seemed to think it was time to find you a slayer, I thought you could come along with me and see if you and the new girl get along. That is if you want to." Buffy trailed off half hoping her sister refused. Dawn was due to start her second year of Oxford, Giles' alma matter, studying paranormal and occult sciences. Last year Dawn had lived on campus using the extensive library to help the team research when need. If Dawn was to take on a slayer she would have to transfer to a London school. All the slayers where schooled at the base, upon being placed the slayer than enrolled in a local university if he or she wished, the young watchers also. The watchers base was under the disguise of a private boarding school. Rumors about the school flew around the city, the most common being it was an extreamly selective school for rich young teens mostly girls with a few boys, the second being it was a school for troubled or delinquent girls and boys. All slayers and would-be watchers lived and trained together. The ones over 18 especially the watchers often went to local universities until they were placed permanently. 

"Your serious Buffy? Your taking me with you? I finally get my own slayer?" Dawn jumped up from the table and ran to give her sister a huge hug. She hurried from the room to start packing her bags. Five hours later Buffy and Dawn Summers sat on a plane headed to Texas.

Ok so the first chapter is kinda short but let me know what you think. Spike will make his grand debut in chpt 3 I want to use the first two chapters to set the stage. also its a working title so if you got random ideas let me know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

682 4 16
After 'Chosen', the gang are left in charge of thousands of slayers, spread all across the globe. Buffy is no longer the only one, the chosen one, bu...
1.3K 23 13
A collection of bangel fanfics I've done from both Buffy and Angel shows, as well as a couple crossovers.
914 8 56
A collection of cander fanfics I've done from Buffy and Angel shows, as well as a crossover.
35.3K 421 45
Buffy the Vampire Slayer... with a brand new character! Season 1 rewrite. The Powers that Be have sent help to Sunnydale for the Slayer and her gang...