chapter 18

Chapter 18

Spike didn't wait for further confirmation, didn't give her a chance to change her mind. He advanced toward her, pushing her back into the bedroom. He heard more than anything else when she kicked the door shut. He picked her up, cradling her buttocks in his hands. He explored every curve he could feel through her thick fuzzy robe. He laid her gently on the bed. He kissed her along her neck line slowly, savoring every touch.

Her body arced against his while her hands carefully explored the forgotten lines of his hard, toned body. He stops her roving hands. Locking her wrists in his and pulling them above her head.

"Not like that pet, I want to see you, all of you. I'm in the captain's seat now." He told her. Keeping one hand shackled around hers his other hand slowly slid down to her knee's parting them gently. His intentions of going slow and gentle went out the window when she locked her legs tightly around his hips, pressing him closer to her center.

Spike let out a low growl from the back of his throat. His hands tightened on her wrists, determined not to embarrass himself like a teenage boy watching his first porn. He wrenched away the tie around her robe away but didn't yet open it. Settling himself between her legs he pressed his erection to her center through his jeans as he finally released her wrists. He raised himself up to his knees; he looked down at her, her robe slightly fallen open to reveal the curve of her right breast.

"Oh God, Slayer you're better than I remember." He breathed as he took in the sight of her yet to be fully exposed body.

Buffy let out a low growl herself and reached up for his shirt, she didn't bother undoing the buttons. Buttons flew into the corners of the room as they popped off one by one. She pushed the red cotton off of his arms and shoulders. He lifted his arms as she took off his black under shirt. She started on his pants, wanting him as naked as she was under the fabric of her robe. She held no interest in slow. she wanted him on her, in her, diving and thrusting inside of her now.

"Slower Slayer," Spike said as he trailed a pale hand down the side of her face, "I told you before Buffy, I want this to be different than before. I want it to be right."

Buffy hooked her hand behind his neck, pulling his head down to hers. She kissed him slowly and thoroughly. "This is right. This is us." She assured him, "We were right before, we just had the wrong reasons."

"God, Buffy." Spike sighed. He tore her robe the rest of the way open pausing for a moment as he absorbed the sight of her naked body once again beneath his. He returned her kiss with as much fervor as she gave.

"Guy's I'm going to get Buffy and the others they should see this." Dawn said as she rose from the table. The others that were gathered around the table glanced up from the new direction their research had taken them.

"Good, it's not much but it's more than we had an hour ago or even a day ago." Giles said nodding solemnly. Dawn smiled at him before turning to rush out of the library and down the stairs. She glanced quickly across the street before starting to rush across, wrapped in her own little world.

Angel sat on the bed while Cordilia unpacked their things. Buffy and Dawn had taken most of the books and other things off the shelf when they converted the study into a fourth bedroom and Cordy had plans to take full advantage of the shelf space. Hooks on the back of the door would serve to hang something's off hangers if called for.

"She's different than she used to be. Different from when she came to L.A. two years ago." Cordy said.

"Who? Buffy?" Angel asked confused.

"No, the shiny pink bunny who also is a slayer." She retorted.

"You didn't mention anything about a slayer." Angel calmly told her.

"You were supposed read my mind then." She declared haughtily.

"Ok dear." Angel replied, used to his girlfriends slightly odd and haughty ways, after all she had been Sunnydale's Golden Girl before her father fell from grace, she fell from a high pedestal.

"Either way she's different. I can't put my finger on it but she's different." Cordy said thoughtfully, "Oh remind me to call Denis, he gets worried when I'm away for long. I promised I'd call." She changed subjects with the lack of grace that only Cordilia Chase possessed.

"You could just ask him to move with you if you're so worried." Angel said nonchalantly.

"I can do that? I thought he was attached to the house." Cordilia said shocked. She went as far as to drop the shirt she was holding in her hands.

"He's attached to you now, or I think he is at least. When you call him, invite him to come. If he does, he does if he doesn't he doesn't. Can't hurt to try." Angel shrugged his shoulders. He would never admit out loud he was a bit jealous of the ghost but he made Cordy's life easier. She still lived at the house part time to keep him company and help him out.

"I'll call him tonight." Cordy smiled happily. As she turned to put the shirt she held back on the shelf she began to float in the air. Her face was swept blank of any expression as she floated serenely in the air. The masquerade of serenity shattered as Cordilia crashed to the ground. In less than a moment Angel leapt to her side. He started to help her up when suddenly Cordilia pushed his arms away. She rushed to the window facing the street two stories below. She threw open the window and stuck as much as her slim body could fit outside the window.

"Dawn!" She cried out into the street as loud as she could.

Buffy heard a loud screech in the street followed by a yell from the window below her. The fact she could hear anything at all around the roar in her ears as Spike's mouth trailed across her body shocked her. Than the word that was yelled translated into her mind.

Dawn.

"Oh God, Spike did you hear that?" She said, breathless from a mix of sensual intoxication and fear. After she spoke she realized Spike had also lifted his head to the noise. Buffy gathered her robe from where it laid pooled open around her. Spike zipped his rather bulging erection back into his jeans as Buffy rushed to the window.

"Oh God, Spike, Dawn!" Buffy cried. Barely taking the time to tie her robe she rushed down the stairs and flung open the door downstairs.

Buffy Summers ran out into the street to find a car taking up most of the road, perpendicular to the normal ways cars usually drove. Shattered glass littered the black tar from where something broke the windshield. Fallen on the ground next to the vehicle lay Dawn. She appeared to be sleeping but for the small line of blood that dripped from her forehead. Her brunette hair lay splayed along the hard ashphalt.

"Dawn!" Buffy yelled. She ran to her little sister quickly checking for a pulse. The strong pulse only reassured her slightly. "Ambulance!" she cried out.

"Buffy I called one." Cordy cried. "I saw it, a vision, I tried to get here in time but I couldn't. Buffy what about the driver?"

" 'E's alright. Uncouncious but alive. He smells like the a pub and gots a nasty bump on his head." Spike called from inside the car window.

"Buffy! What happened!" Willow called as she and the others from the library ran out to investigate the noise. At the same time Anne, Connor and Lorne followed by Faith and Robin in various states of undress. They all gathered to form a semi circle around the sisters. The mood in the air wasn't to gawk and gaze but to protect with out question.

Buffy looked up at the strange group that created her family. "It's Dawn," She struggled to work the words around the lump in her throat. "She's been hit."

i am evil. now review and tell me all about how much you love/hate my evilness.