The Sergeants Gal (Bucky Barn...

By awkward_trouble

Olivia Ward (oc) x Bucky Barnes. 1940's fanfic Olivia ward falls in love with the Charming Bucky Barnes. A w... More

Summary
Diner
Lillies
The Swing
Steady
Coney island
The Expo
Through time
In sickness and in health
Mystery Woman
Behind the Mask
Target
The Picture
The Cradle
Picnic
Regift
Daydreams
Nightmares
Therapy
Hydra
The Talk
Rooftop
Wipe him
Grief
Wake up
Hoping
The Last Experiment
Reunited at Last
Mornings
Show Me
After

Grand Central Station

3.6K 97 43
By awkward_trouble

(Flashback from the Expo chapter)

The night continued and I tried not to think about Bucky's soon departure, of course I failed miserably. Steve eventually wandered off to check out the military stand. As we walked around I fiddled with my dress nervously.

"Not havin' a good time doll?" Bucky asks softly.

I looked up at him. "I am! I'm just- thinkin'." I sent him a small smile.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I know I sprung this on ya."

"No, it's okay... I probably would have worried myself for days... at least we enjoyed our last moments together..." I said softly looking down.

"Hey don't say that doll." He used his finger to tilt my chin up to look at him. "I'm gonna come back for ya, Alright? I'd never leave ya." He wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me in close.

"Really?" I blinked up at him.

"Nothin could keep me away from you, I promise." He pressed his forehead to mine and stared down into my eyes lovingly.

I smiled and kissed him softly. "I'll hold you to that promise soldier."

He looked at the time and sighed. "I've got to get going soon." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I nodded. "I understand, can I walk you?"

He smiled, "That sounds perfect." And so I did. Bucky and I made small talk on our way to the station but kept quiet most the time. I could feel my demeanor start to slip the closer we got.

"Doll?" Bucky's voice broke me from my trance. "We're here.."

I nodded and wiped at my eyes. "Right sorry." I took a deep breath. "Don't do anything stupid out there." I looked up at him.

"I won't, Steve took all the stupid." He grinned.

I chuckled a sob.

"Aw babe don't cry." He cupped my cheeks wiping away my tears. "I promise, I'll be back in no time."

"You better be mister, I'll be waiting right here in this spot." I smiled through the tears that wouldn't stop coming.

"Whenever you miss me, just look at this and remember all our good times." He tapped the necklace on my neck that he had given me on our dinner date the night of our first kiss.

"I will." I sniffled.
(End)

I squeezed my eyes tighter as I felt the heat of bright lights on my face. I groaned hearing some mumbling coming from my right and I slowly opened my eyes seeing a worried Bucky exchanging words with Dr. banner.

They must have noticed I was awake because they were both suddenly very alert.

"Liv, oh thank god you're okay." Bucky took my hand in his.

"W-what happened?" I asked feeling groggy and confused.

"I went to get you some Ice and when I came back you were unconscious on the floor.

I tried to remember what happened when my eyes widened. "Bucky!" I sat up quickly.

"What? What's wrong?" His eye brows furrowed in worry.

I was about to spit it out. Tell him you remember ! My thoughts were begging me to tell him but I couldn't.  I looked around the room and Bruce was there and a few other agents just watching me. I couldn't tell him here.

"Liv? Hey, are you okay? Maybe you should lie back down." The feeling of Bucky's hand against my cheek brought me back to reality.

"I'm fine, I just remember feeling really dizzy, probably too much to drink on an empty stomach." I smiled at him. "Sorry for worrying you." It seemed as though I was calm on the outside but I was freaking out. The love of my life is standing here and all I want is to jump up and kiss him. But I can't, at least not yet.

Bucky looked at me unsure. He looked back to Bruce and he only shrugged.

"I'm fine okay?" I smiled up at him. "Now, can I please go shower? It's been a long night."

He let out a small sigh of relief. "Yes of course. "

I leaned up and kissed his cheek softly. "Thank you James." He scrunched his eyebrows a bit as I walked off.

As I walked off I started thinking of ways I could tell him. Just as I got to my room I realized what I would do. I took a quick shower and looked at the time. I could wait till morning or... I could just do it now. I was way too excited to wait till the morning so I got dressed and went to find Tony.

Once I explained my plan to Tony I was off towards my destination. Once I arrived to the now empty Train station I looked around for a familiar spot. A lot has changed but I was determined.

I was walking around the room as I tried to find the specific spot when I heard footsteps approaching.

"Doll? You're pacing around like a madman at 1 in the morning ." He chuckled walking over. "Should I be worried?"

I grinned. "No, not worried... happy."

"Happy you're disrupting my slumber?" He teased. "Friday told me you needed me to meet you here. What's going on?" He looked around the empty station.

"We were standing right here when you promised you'd come back to me." My eyes watered. "But you didn't.. I lost you and I lost Steve then I lost myself and after years of pain and torture i brought us back here to this very same spot because i remember. I remember how you used to walk me to and from work almost every day, and the time you chased my customer away because he was being an ass," Bucky watched me in shock, "and I remember this necklace and all the good times and bad times and although you couldn't keep that promise at the time we still managed to find each other ."

Bucky let out breath he had been holding in and pulled me to his chest. "You remember everything?"

"I do." I grinned pulling back slightly to look up at him. "I mean there's still small holes here and there but the important stuff is all there."

He mirrored my grin. "My offer still stands"

I furrowed my brows. "What offer?" I chuckled.

"Do you remember our last phone call?" He fidgeted nervously.

I thought back to when I was sick and I had finally gotten a phone call from Bucky. He said-

"Will you marry me?" He got down on one knee. "I know I'm not the same man you said goodbye to at this train station, and I don't have a ring ... or a left arm-"

"Yes." I pulled him up. "I don't care about the rest Bucky. It was a yes back then and it's a yes again today. Of course I'll marry you." I grinned pulling him in for a kiss.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips.

As soon as the words left his lips I felt my body run cold. "No.." I recognized the feeling coming over me and I pushed him away.

"Liv, what's wrong?" Bucky looked at me confused.

"I- I cant-T- Target acquired."

(A/N: Oop I wonder what happend.....)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 672 25
Bucky and a girl he never met before have to go undercover as married on a mission to Europe. He feels alienated in the modern world, while she goes...
214 8 3
Bucky Barnes and y/n live the kind of love story you only get to live ones. Unfortunately, war is war.
9.2K 422 37
Emily and Bucky are getting married today. It should be the happiest day of their lives, but they can't be too happy. The newly married couple will b...
2.7K 113 36
𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂. 'She looked up to see him smile down at her, and a second later she found herself in his arms, his lips pressed...